PDA

View Full Version : UC Davis Aggies Win...will they get any respect?

aggiemba
October 10th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Alright everyone,

I expect to see Davis in the next revision of the "Playoff Prognostications"
xeyebrowx

Ronbo
October 10th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Davis needs to win out to go 8-3. But I only see a good Cal Poly team standing in their way.

goyotes
October 10th, 2009, 05:14 PM
USD misses 2 chip shot FG's in regulation and scores first in OT, but XP is blocked.

mmiller_34
@ Fresno State L
Montana L
Western Oregon W
@ No. 5 Boise State L
@ South Dakota W
Winston-Salem
@ Portland State
@ Southern Utah
Cal Poly
North Dakota
@ Sacramento State

You'll have to beat Poly to have a chance

aggiemba
Davis needs to win out to go 8-3. But I only see a good Cal Poly team standing in their way.

I would love to get another shot at you guys, of course I would prefer that would happen in Davis. xwhistlex

Green Cookie Monster
October 10th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Why?

Shawn-O
October 10th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Dakota Dome is a difficult place to win. They were 29 and Sioux in the Mierkort era going into today.

uofmman1122
October 10th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I would love to get another shot at you guys, of course I would prefer that would happen in Davis. xwhistlexWe beat you there once before when our team wasn't firing on all cylinders, I don't see how the outcome would change now that we're playing better.

89Hen
October 10th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Who did they beat today?

edit... wait, they beat South Dakota in OT and you're asking if they should get respect nationally?

GoAgs72
October 10th, 2009, 07:29 PM
It's a little early for me to even give the Aggies the number 25 spot in the AGS poll. They need 2 or 3 more wins to even show up but a win over Cal Poly will boost them a lot.

WestCoastAggie
October 10th, 2009, 09:05 PM
From one Aggie to another, GREAT WIN!

smallcollegefbfan
October 10th, 2009, 09:08 PM
@ Fresno State L
Montana L
Western Oregon W
@ No. 5 Boise State L
@ South Dakota W
Winston-Salem
@ Portland State
@ Southern Utah
Cal Poly
North Dakota
@ Sacramento State

You'll have to beat Poly to have a chance

I don't think SUU and PSU are guaranteed wins. I think if they win the next 4 though then a playoff spot is likely.

TexasTerror
October 10th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I expect to see Davis in the next revision of the "Playoff Prognostications" xeyebrowx

Good luck with that...was that seriousness? As someone said, you have three losses. Even winning out would put you at 7-3 against Div I opposition. Outside of Cal Poly and maybe Portland State - do you have a legitimate win on your slate?

Bill Hanson
October 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Why? Because you won in OT? Get real.

SactoHornetFan
October 10th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Wait, this team beat a D-2 squad and another school who is in transition from D-2 in OT at their place...and the ags are thinking playoffs xeyebrowx

Must be some potent weed the Yolo County Farmers have in their bowls tonight...xlolx

Schfourteenteen
October 10th, 2009, 09:38 PM
7-3 with a Cal Poly win and no bad losses will get you a good look. I dont think it'l happen but as a Liberty guy I know the feeling.

UNIFanSince1983
October 10th, 2009, 09:39 PM
We beat USD by 59 points, and you guys need overtime? Why should I respect that?

aggiemba
October 10th, 2009, 10:28 PM
We beat USD by 59 points, and you guys need overtime? Why should I respect that?

Hopefully we get to see you in the playoffs and we can answer that up close and personal. :D

gbhmt
October 10th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Hopefully we get to see you in the playoffs and we can answer that up close and personal. :D

Be careful what you wish for...

blue4gold
October 11th, 2009, 03:21 AM
There's a lot of football yet to be played, but our only losses so far are to Montana and two stong FBS programs (#5 Boise St & Fresno St). IF we win out (BIG if) I'm sure we'll have a legitimate argument for the playoffs.

You can only count a possible 7 DI wins, but you can also only count 1 FCS loss (to Montana by 1 touchdown) if we win out.

Ud1Hens
October 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM
There's a lot of football yet to be played, but our only losses so far are to Montana and two stong FBS programs (#5 Boise St & Fresno St). IF we win out (BIG if) I'm sure we'll have a legitimate argument for the playoffs.

You can only count a possible 7 DI wins, but you can also only count 1 FCS loss (to Montana by 1 touchdown) if we win out.

For the sake of argument: Yes, you could get to 8-3...you have many marquee losses (Montana and two quality FBS teams) with that being said you'd have maybe 1 quality win.

Don't take this as a CAA homer opinion but it reality your 8-3 (7 D-1 wins) won't look as good as two or three potential CAA teams. In order for a CAA team to get to 8-3 they'd have an FBS loss too and probably 3 or 4 wins over FCS top 25 teams.

Heck Delaware is currently 4-2, a blocked 23 yd FG against #1 Richmond as time expired is one loss and a 10 point loss on the road to then #5 ranked William & Mary is the other. We just crushed #12 UMASS. They problem is we can only afford one more loss (JMU, @ Navy, and @ Villanova loom.)

It comes down to your resume against a 4th place CAA team...if that's the case, history shows your odds aren't good. Good luck down the road, I admire your tough schedule.

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2009, 08:44 AM

If you struggled in the DakotaDome, you will find the UNI-Dome to be not very friendly to you. They are the same basic design (they stole ours), but just ask USD how different they are xnodx

Right now, though, I wouldn't be counting your chickens. You still have to play a couple of Big Sky teams (albeit a couple of the bottom feeders). You still have a very tough Cal Poly team, and I might have a hard time seeing you guys win in Cedar City. IF (and that is a huge if) you win out, I am not sure your resume would be one that could get you into the playoffs. I mean look at who you will be competing for a spot with.

A 4th CAA team which will have one of the toughest resumes, a possible 3rd MVFC team, or possibly teams like App St, Elon, or McNeese. And just by looking your resume doesn't look impressive. If we did that thing where we just looked at resumes blindly I think yours would be the last one to be picked from all the teams above. Had you beat Montana you would be in. Had you played some other good teams yes, but I'm sorry I don't think it works out in your favor this year. Even though you may be one of the better teams. Your body of work just doesn't show it.