PDA

View Full Version : Would You Rather Have a Healthy Trey or Questionable Richie?

spoogemcgee18
December 15th, 2005, 12:15 PM
I was wondering pondering this question this morning. There is no doubt Richie is amazing, but with this type of injury, who knows how much it'll affect his playing ability. As much as I love Richie, I'd almost rather see Trey start.

LacesOut
December 15th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Play 'em both. See who is hotter and can drive the offense down the field.

I-AA Fan
December 15th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Richie is starting & going the distance.

Appstate03
December 15th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Richie. Unless he can't walk at all, which is not the case. His poise, presence, and decision making put him ahead of a healthy Trey Elder. But I would be happy with either.

DinoDex200
December 15th, 2005, 01:10 PM
If Richie is 90% or better, I'd go with him. If not...Trey...

I wouldn't mind seeing Richie pull a Willis Reed, and come out for the first series, and hand off until we get in a 3rd down situation. Then...if put Trey in if he doesn't get us in the end zone.

AppStateSVX
December 15th, 2005, 01:12 PM
haha, this has been the most asked question over the past couple of days. I think we should start wit Richie, see how he does, then decide from there. I am sure that Trey will def. get some playing time though, regardless
GOOO APP!!! 1 MORE DAY!!!

Appdad
December 15th, 2005, 01:15 PM
If Richie is 90% or better, I'd go with him. If not...Trey...

I wouldn't mind seeing Richie pull a Willis Reed, and come out for the first series, and hand off until we get in a 3rd down situation. Then...if put Trey in if he doesn't get us in the end zone.

I disagree. If Richie can go he deserves it. He got us here. Also, the first couple of drives are somewhat scripted so the coaches can read what the defense is doing. Around the third series, unless the scripted plays hit them where it hurts, we get a score.

GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Hansel
December 15th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Play 'em both. See who is hotter and can drive the offense down the field.
I think we all know who is hotter :p

DinoDex200
December 15th, 2005, 01:22 PM
I think we all know who is hotter :p

Well, at least we know who AppalachianBabe thinks is hotter.

Personally, I like Richie's moustache...

http://goasu.com/autoimage/p69BiqH.jpg

I mean...no...I like chicks (laughs nervously)...

LacesOut
December 15th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Dino, what team is your avatar representing??

goasu984Life
December 15th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I say if Richie can go, let him go. He knows how much pain he is in, and if he can play up to his standards. If he gets cleared to play, and he feels like he can play, let him play.

LET HIM PLAY!
LET HIM PLAY!
LET HIM PLAY!
LET HIM PLAY!
LET HIM PLAY!
LET HIM PLAY!
LET HIM PLAY!
LET HIM PLAY!

(Sorry, had a "Bad News Bears" flashback!) :cool:

jwfgeol
December 15th, 2005, 02:44 PM
I know a QB is alot different from a running back, but this thread made me think back to 2001 and Louis Ivory from Furman. He was coming off an injury during the playoffs for the NC game. He played in most of the game and Furman's offense never seemed to get on track. They replaced him in a few series and they always seemed to move the ball better with Ivory out. But I can see how you would want to leave a senior Payton Award winner in for his final game.

yosefcity
December 15th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Im probably the only person here other than Appbabe who wants Elder. Elder will not be that bad folks.

goasu984Life
December 15th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Will I be upset if Richie doesn't play? Yes.

Will I be less confident in the offense if Trey is the quarterback? No.

Will they still be national champions if they win and Trey is the QB? Oh, HELL YEAH!!!

DinoDex200
December 15th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Dino, what team is your avatar representing??

Representin' App State! Circa 1978, that is...

I figured I'd go Old School with the helmet...but I just realized it was the helmet they wore the year I was born! :)

LacesOut
December 15th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Representin' App State! Circa 1978, that is...

I figured I'd go Old School with the helmet...but I just realized it was the helmet they wore the year I was born! :)

Gotcha.

I thought it was...........Wofford. Oops! Sorry.

goasu984Life
December 15th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Gotcha.

I thought it was...........Wofford. Oops! Sorry.
Ah, the Terriers. Another nickname that strikes fear in the hearts of its opponents. (Along with the now-dead Fighting Christians of Elon!) xazzx

bandl
December 15th, 2005, 03:21 PM
If (heaven forbid :eek: ) ASU loses tomorrow....will we be hearing all off-season that if the OTHER QB had played, they would have won???
"Williams wasn't 100%...he shouldn't have been playing"
"Elders doesn't have the experience of Williams...he shouldn't have been playing"

:confused: xcoffeex :confused: xcoffeex

DinoDex200
December 15th, 2005, 03:24 PM
If (heaven forbid :eek: ) ASU loses tomorrow....will we be hearing all off-season that if the OTHER QB had played, they would have won???
"Elders doesn't have the experience of Williams...he shouldn't have been playing"

Welllllll....I won't say we would have won with Richie, etc., but I will lament that we were missing our best offensive player, and that he wasn't able to play in his last game. I think we can win with Trey, though.

I guess what I am saying is that if we lose, it won't be because of Trey, but probably because our offense won't be able to stop UNI. I certainly wouldn't want to detract from what they accomplished by making it that far...and those are the breaks in regards to injuries. They are part of the game.

Now, if Trey gets hurt... :)

Appstate03
December 15th, 2005, 03:25 PM

We won't have to worry about that. :smiley_wi

goasu984Life
December 15th, 2005, 03:31 PM
We won't have to worry about that. :smiley_wi
GAWD, I hope you're right!! xprost2x

Black and Gold Express
December 15th, 2005, 03:35 PM

Won't hear that from me. I'm confident that either QB has what it takes to lead us to the win. Whoever plays, you know they have the full confidence of the team and the coaches. Can't ask for more than that.

AppFootballAlum
December 15th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Richie - he has been the starter all year, it is his job if he can go

ASUMountaineer
December 15th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Richie - he has been the starter all year, it is his job if he can go
Clearly if Richie can go he deserves a chance to play, even if it's only to say he played in the NC. I still think we are going to see a lot of Trey tomorrow night, and I for one am not bothered by that. I feel just as confident with Trey as I would be Richie. Why? Trey showed last Saturday he was capable of throwing the ball well, and I'd be surprised if he fumbled again. I'd be shocked if he didn't always have two hands on the ball, even throwing:)

Go MOUNTAINEERS!!! T-Minus 25 hours!

JohnStOnge
December 15th, 2005, 06:30 PM
It's just a shame they have to choose. It'd be much better for I-AA football if Williams was 100 percent.

ASUMountaineer
December 15th, 2005, 08:53 PM
It's just a shame they have to choose. It'd be much better for I-AA football if Williams was 100 percent.
I concur.

AppStateFootball
January 21st, 2006, 08:48 PM
i say both!

nlwwln
January 21st, 2006, 11:57 PM
they have played the game already

AppStateFootball
January 22nd, 2006, 03:15 PM
i know that! i was at the game!