PDA

View Full Version : Miami all fired up for The 100

RattlerFan70
October 7th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Turns out it was Coach Shannon's idea to have the 100 perform after the game.

http://www.tidesports.com/article/20091007/APS/910071639?Title=Famed-band-may-steal-the-show-at-Miami-FAMU-game

Famed band may steal the show at Miami-FAMU game
By TIM REYNOLDS AP Sports Writer

Published: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 3:27 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 3:27 p.m.

When the final whistle blows to end Miami's game against Florida A&M, Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon will hurry off the field.

And then he'll hurry right back out.

ASU_Fanatic
October 7th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Cool

danefan
October 7th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Wouldn't that be something if FAMU pulled off the upset and then proceeded to send the 100 onto the field?

What a sight that would be.xthumbsupx

PhoenixSupreme
October 7th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Coach Shannon should get some praise for trying to get FAMU noticed by the Miami fans who probably never knew FAMU existed before this game. And what better way to do this than with a great marching band. It shows that Randy Shannon appreciates college culture, and not strictly from his own college.

UNI Pike
October 7th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Cool move by Miami.

FAMU lost its accreditation? Is the last season for football given the financial problems referenced?

Jackman
October 7th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Very cool. Respect.

Bearvision
October 8th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Coach Shannon should get some praise for trying to get FAMU noticed by the Miami fans who probably never knew FAMU existed before this game. And what better way to do this than with a great marching band. It shows that Randy Shannon appreciates college culture, and not strictly from his own college.

Agreed. The only reason I've heard of them is this forum...it's hard not to respect Randy Shannon as a person.

3rd Coast Tiger
October 8th, 2009, 10:07 AM
You guys do know that FAMU has beaten Miami in the late 70's right?

Bearvision
October 8th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Considering I wasn't even alive in the late 70's...who cares?

Miami's program changed in 1979 when they signed Jim Kelly, Schellenberger took over, and they committed to recruiting.

mrklean
October 8th, 2009, 11:06 AM

Wrong, everyone knows about the Marching 100 in Florida. Even in South Florida!

3rd Coast Tiger
October 8th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Considering I wasn't even alive in the late 70's...who cares?

Miami's program changed in 1979 when they signed Jim Kelly, Schellenberger took over, and they committed to recruiting.

Who cares? Uhhhh.... the record books, students, alumni, administration, fans and Coach Schellenberger (who was told to make sure they never loss to the Rattlers ever again) who were at the game care.

Just because you weren't alive then doesn't make it a "who cares" moment. Walk up to Jim Kelly and tell him "who cares" about what he did for the Hurricane program when he played.

I mentioned the loss to FAMU because the tried and true Hurricane fans know about the loss.

The world did not start in 1980.

mrklean
October 8th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Who cares? Uhhhh.... the record books, students, alumni, administration, fans and Coach Schellenberger (who was told to make sure they never loss to the Rattlers ever again) who were at the game care.

Just because you weren't alive then doesn't make it a "who cares" moment. Walk up to Jim Kelly and tell him "who cares" about what he did for the Hurricane program when he played.

I mentioned the loss to FAMU because the tried and true Hurricane fans know about the loss.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

SU Jag
October 8th, 2009, 07:22 PM
The Marching 100 of FAMU and the Pride of BCC are probably more known in the state of Florida than some of the teams in Florida.xnodx

PhoenixSupreme
October 8th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Wrong, everyone knows about the Marching 100 in Florida. Even in South Florida!

I don't live in Florida, so I don't know what everyone knows :p

siuham
October 8th, 2009, 10:05 PM
What was it, 6 years ago that FAMU played the Illini? They took the 100 up there and my brother who was on the Illini drumline at the time was massively impressed. They played Flight of the Bumblebee I believe.

mrklean
October 8th, 2009, 10:07 PM
:

Not to burst your chops but, If you dont live in Florida, why would you make a statement like thisxcoolx

Hey anyway, the Marching 100 puts on a great show!!!

henfan
October 9th, 2009, 07:45 AM
History teaches everything, including the future. We'd be wise to read about it & regard it every now and again, even the ancient history that extends all the way back past 1980.xsmhx

Good post, 3rd Coast!xthumbsupx

813Jag
October 9th, 2009, 08:28 AM
besides it's not like the 100 hasn't been to Miami before, they've played in Super Bowls and hell FAMU played the Orange Blossom Classic down there. The 100 is nationally known.

mrklean
October 9th, 2009, 08:41 AM
besides it's not like the 100 hasn't been to Miami before, they've played in Super Bowls and hell FAMU played the Orange Blossom Classic down there. The 100 is nationally known.

this is true!xthumbsupx

bluehenbillk
October 9th, 2009, 09:33 AM
FAMU only has 100 fans?? xwhistlex

Bearvision
October 9th, 2009, 10:25 AM

The "tried and true" Miami Hurricanes fans. Wow.

I say who cares simply in the context of tomorrow's game.

It certainly won't matter tomorrow...have a good day.