PDA

View Full Version : #18 SDSU at Mo State

MSUfan2010
October 6th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I'll start by saying that this may be the biggest game in Missouri State's football history since the early 90s. A huge upset win on Saturday and you head to Macomb and Fargo with a lot of the Big Mo and look to make a case for the playoffs.

Sounds like the starting QB for SDSU is out for the season but that the redshirt freshman is more than qualified to lead the team. With that said, I think most teams would want to face the frosh over the 5th year senior.

I wish I knew more about what kind of team SDSU but as always, if you can control the line on both sides, you give yourself a good chance to win.

It was good to make history in Youngstown last week, but all that means nothing if you can't produce in back to back weeks.

Go Bears!!!

MplsBison
October 6th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Good luck to MSU, but I will be rooting for the Dakota team every chance I get. The Dakota 4 are in it together up here in the frozen north.

MSUBear42
October 6th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Very exciting game... very, very exciting. Can't wait!

As 2010 said, this is easily the biggest (most important) home game since our playoff teams.

Redbird Ray
October 6th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Not sure the Bears are at this level yet. YSU was pretty overrated coming into this year, and wins over two middle of the pack OVC squads aren't overly impressive.

Not trying to hate, because I would love to see a shake-up in the conference standings, but I think SDSU is the stronger team this year. I'm glad folks in Springfield are getting amped for it though, no doubt that it's a big game.

malibudude
October 6th, 2009, 10:17 PM
The Jacks are a very capable and class outfit. They got unlucky with their QB getting racked early in SLO. Should be a great game.

89rabbit
October 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Looking forward to making the trip to Springfield. xnodx

89rabbit
October 6th, 2009, 11:19 PM
By the way we are bringing a few friends with us. xthumbsupx

http://66.231.15.132/ClassLibrary/Page/Images/Data/13408.jpg

Should be a fun College football weekend.

Houndawg
October 6th, 2009, 11:27 PM
MSU has got to be up for this one and catches SDSU after an emotional game. Normally I'd say the jacks defense brings it home, but losing their QB may put their defense on the field long enough to give MSU's defense some rest. MSU pulls the upset 20-14.

MSUfan2010
October 6th, 2009, 11:46 PM
MSU has got to be up for this one and catches SDSU after an emotional game. Normally I'd say the jacks defense brings it home, but losing their QB may put their defense on the field long enough to give MSU's defense some rest. MSU pulls the upset 20-14.

Not to mention SDSU has NDSU after us. xwhistlex

UNI Pike
October 7th, 2009, 01:03 AM
What is the status of the SDSU QB - out for the season, a couple weeks?

Regardless, I hope that he recovers fully.

Kemo
October 7th, 2009, 02:22 AM
What is the status of the SDSU QB - out for the season, a couple weeks?

Regardless, I hope that he recovers fully.

SDSU beat writer Terry Vandrovec reports:

The SDSU game notes are out: QB Ryan Crawford + DE Jake Steffen are out "indefinitely" due to injury. Enter Thomas O'Brien + Tony Thompson.
Link (http://twitter.com/terryvandrovec)

Take "indefinitely" as you'd like, but it's for sure Crawford will not be playing this week.

Bearvision
October 7th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Every time you start to believe in the Bears, they rip your eart out. This is the game...this is the game Missouri St. has to do something or the crowds will leave again for the rest of the year.

It seems they are still not to this level from what I've seen, but that was against UNI, a great team. The Hurricanes don't play until nighttime, so I'm thinking about going out and watching this one. Let's see what you have Bears.

SDSU- 24
MSU-14

Kemo
October 7th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Now Crawford's time loss to injury has been more specified, as he is now considered out for 4-6 weeks, but haven't seen anything on what the actual injury is though.

89rabbit
October 7th, 2009, 10:08 AM
The QB spot in this year's Jackrabbit offense is that of play manager not play maker. We will be ok and will win this game. xnodx

With that said, keep in mind that O'Brien has a cannon for an arm and so has the ability to stretch the field more then Crawford. We will look forward to Ryan’s speedy recovery but in the meantime we may get to see some big time fly routes. xeekx

DOME
October 7th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I'm looking for a Bears sneak attack from Mr. Allen. As mentioned before the Bears HAVE to make something happen to start to get some crowd support and this may be it.

Not to mention they were able to score on our second string D so we know their offense is pretty solid....j/k

MSU -24
SDSU -14

Thumper 76
October 7th, 2009, 11:02 AM
The QB spot in this year's Jackrabbit offense is that of play manager not play maker. We will be ok and will win this game. xnodx

With that said, keep in mind that O'Brien has a cannon for an arm and so has the ability to stretch the field more then Crawford. We will look forward to Ryan’s speedy recovery but in the meantime we may get to see some big time fly routes. xeekx

Add to that that those two were pretty much neck and neck in competition for the QB spot in fall camp, with Craw winning out due to seniority. I think that O'Brian will do a good job for us, add to that that I think our O-line will be very upset that they let their QB get hurt. I'm not sayin its their fault, but you can bet your a$$ that thats how they think of it, and they will be more than upset about that. And I don't feel that the MSU offense can put up that many point on us. Remember, our starting D has only allowed one TD all year, and that was to Cal-Poly, a team that moved the ball on a couple of FBS squads. As long as our offense doesn't give them any points, we should be ok.

35-10 :D

JacksFan06
October 7th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Last week's lost to Cal Poly was an emotional one that might still hang heavily. We lost our starting QB in the first half and had trouble moving the ball after he went down. Than the game was tied with 1:30 to go and our QB gets sacked and fumbles the ball in the endzone and Cal Poly recovers the ball for the win.

The key to this game will be how much Missouri St's defense has improved. Last year we rushed for over 200 yds and the run will be key for SDSU again this year as we will have a freshman QB making his first start.

Another key factor is that this is SDSU's third road game in a row. We had to bus to Illinois St, than fly to California, and now bus again down to Missouri. That's alot of travel in three weeks.

SDSU 23
MSU 13

jackrabbit1979
October 7th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Do any of the MSU fans have advice as to what to do pre-game in Springfield. Are they any bars/restaurants that would be a good place for food/drinks and have a good atmosphere before the game, or is tailgateing at the Stadium the best option. If tailgating is the best option, what are the rules for visiting fans or the options to park or buy a spot. We typically would go the tailgating route, but the hassel of bringing our own food/drinks might lean us towards looking for something else.

We have a group of five or six that will be coming in a few hours before the game without any set plans as of yet.

BearsCountry
October 7th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Downtown Springfield is very close to the campus. They have several good restaurants. For a sports bar type I would say Ebbets Field on Walnut Street. It has the best burgers and its your classic sports bar. There is also Boomer's which is pretty close to JQH Arena, which you guys need to go check out on campus. If you want the chain type places - Glenstone and Campbell Aves have all of them. Great thing about Springfield is it is basically a square and all the streets run North/South - East/West.

Bearvision
October 7th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah, tailgating is very weak at Missouri St. Your best option would be to go to Ebbet's Field on Walnut...good beer specials, normally cute girls, great burgers, and a cool "feel" to the place.

Boomer's is a campus restaurant, that will have a lot of Bear fans out front, and is more of a "chain" feel to it. (Ebbet's is a big house that I actually partied in while an undergrad, that they turned into a restaurant when they were forced out of their old location by campus taking location)

Downtown is right there by campus, with a lot of bars/restaurants for after the game. Should be a fun time for you and your buddies, though I'm not sure what your wants/needs are. Drink, no drink? Smoke, no smoke? Atmosphere?

MSUBear42
October 7th, 2009, 03:26 PM
By the way we are bringing a few friends with us. xthumbsupx

http://66.231.15.132/ClassLibrary/Page/Images/Data/13408.jpg

Should be a fun College football weekend.

Good luck competing with the "Bruin Pride." Probably one of the best marching bands in the midwest.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_637219285624_34320110_37682871_4747829_n.jpg

MSUBear42
October 7th, 2009, 03:30 PM
SDSU beat writer Terry Vandrovec reports:

The SDSU game notes are out: QB Ryan Crawford + DE Jake Steffen are out "indefinitely" due to injury. Enter Thomas O'Brien + Tony Thompson.
Link (http://twitter.com/terryvandrovec)

Take "indefinitely" as you'd like, but it's for sure Crawford will not be playing this week.

Whoa, Steffen is out too?!? news-leader.com just had a story about how we weren't gonna be able to stop him!

Edit: Story was about Batten...

MSUBear42
October 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM
As for rules for taligating, there are none. No special permits, you can drink as much as you want!

jackrabbit1979
October 7th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah, tailgating is very weak at Missouri St. Your best option would be to go to Ebbet's Field on Walnut...good beer specials, normally cute girls, great burgers, and a cool "feel" to the place.

Boomer's is a campus restaurant, that will have a lot of Bear fans out front, and is more of a "chain" feel to it. (Ebbet's is a big house that I actually partied in while an undergrad, that they turned into a restaurant when they were forced out of their old location by campus taking location)

Downtown is right there by campus, with a lot of bars/restaurants for after the game. Should be a fun time for you and your buddies, though I'm not sure what your wants/needs are. Drink, no drink? Smoke, no smoke? Atmosphere?

Ebbet's sounds like our kind of place...we'll probably go there, thanks for the suggestion. If it has a good atmosphere, good food, cold beer and drinks, other games on TV, and preferably smoke free it fits the bill. I appreciate your help and that of others that offered ideas.

Our tickets are in Section D or E I believe, which are right next to each other on the lower level. Are they good seats or is it better to be up above on the second level to get a better view of the field. With that track around the field, sitting in the lower level might make your view a little more limited. Plus, I can't believe they would give the visiting team those sections if they are ideal seats...

jackrabbit1979
October 7th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Good luck competing with the "Bruin Pride." Probably one of the best marching bands in the midwest.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_637219285624_34320110_37682871_4747829_n.jpg

I think the Pride of the Dakotas willl compete, they probably fall into that category in the Midwest as well. I did hear good things about your band though from folks associated with ours, they know they will have to perform well to match up with your group.

89rabbit
October 7th, 2009, 04:54 PM

Ahhhh, band smack. ;)

The pic I posted earlier was from the 2008 Tournament of Roses Parade, I believe you guys were at the parade as well.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ziC1TQ-XZWo/RwR9n6YuKOI/AAAAAAAAABM/go4zBHBkj_g/s320/IMG_0772.JPG

With two really good bands (and I would be willing to put the Pride up against any band) it should make for a fun College game day atmosphere.

http://www.sdsufoundation.org/s/1109/images/legacyCMS/ftp/Pride2.jpg

"The Pride" is the most visible band at SDSU. In addition to performances during the pregame and halftime activities of all home Jackrabbit football games, the Pride has toured the Upper Midwest extensively with shows at the Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers and Winnipeg Blue Bombers football games and several guest performances at high school marching competitions, including the Tri-State competition in Luverne, Minnesota and the Festival of Bands in Sioux Falls, SD.

The Pride marched in the 1981 and 1997 Presidential Inaugural Parades in Washington, D.C. and at the National Independence Day Parade in Washington D.C. in July, 2000. In addition, the Pride was featured in the PBS Production of “A Capitol Fourth.” The Pride also marched in the 2003 and 2008 Tournament of Roses Parade. . . . Oh and you have to love our capes! xnodx

MSUBear42
October 7th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I'm very excited to see the "battle of the bands" haha.

Definitely not smack, I was a member of the Bruin Pride Band for 2 years when I was in college. Anyone in a college band gets all my respect. We would practice for 3-4 hours every weekday and have a morning practice at 6:00 AM on game days.

As for places to eat, if you want some AWESOME BBQ, Springfield just opened up a "Whole Hog Cafe" at the Southeast corner of Sunshine and Campbell:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=whole+hog+cafe+springfield,+mo&sll=37.004746,-93.283539&sspn=0.077317,0.154324&ie=UTF8&hq=whole+hog+cafe&hnear=Springfield,+MO&ll=37.182578,-93.293066&spn=0.018429,0.038581&t=h&z=15&iwloc=A

Ebbets field is a good place to go, but if you're looking for smoke free that's not the place.

Boomers is smoke-free however and they have a ton of TVs:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=boomers+restaurant+springfield,+mo&sll=36.940463,-93.093788&sspn=1.183195,2.469177&ie=UTF8&hq=boomers+restaurant&hnear=Springfield,+MO&ll=37.200954,-93.283474&spn=0.009212,0.01929&t=h&z=16

oldSLOguy
October 7th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Now Crawford's time loss to injury has been more specified, as he is now considered out for 4-6 weeks, but haven't seen anything on what the actual injury is though.

Sorry to hear about Crawford. At least 4-6 weeks sounds a lot better than “out for the season”. Hopefully he is back in 4 weeks and gets a couple of playoff games to make up for the loss!

P.S. what happened to Steffen?

89rabbit
October 7th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Sorry to hear about Crawford. At least 4-6 weeks sounds a lot better than “out for the season”. Hopefully he is back in 4 weeks and gets a couple of playoff games to make up for the loss!

P.S. what happened to Steffen?

Knee injury on a cut block. He too is out 4 - 6 weeks.

BearsCountry
October 7th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Back to 79's question, Section D & E are not bad seats. That is the visitor's section so you will be with other Bunny fans. To get to those seats you will want to enter the stadium on the south side, its the side of the stadium that the road (Grand St) runs by.

Also why is SDSU bringing the band down? Are you guys playing at Arrowhead or in St. Louis on Sunday?

Bearvision
October 8th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Yeah, our stadium is so small you don't really have any "bad" seats...you'll be fine there.

You can't really go wrong at any of the places suggested, and if you're looking for lots of TV's and smoke free, go to Boomer's.

slostang
October 8th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Best of luck this week and the rest of the season to the Jacks, one of my favorite programs in the FCS. They play solid, physical football and the fans are first rate.

jackrabbit1979
October 8th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Hey Bear Fans:

How long/far of drive is it from KC to Springfield...mapquest says 165 miles and 2 hours and 45 minutes. Is that time accurate or can a guy do it faster?

mango43
October 8th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Hey Bear Fans:

How long/far of drive is it from KC to Springfield...mapquest says 165 miles and 2 hours and 45 minutes. Is that time accurate or can a guy do it faster?

It's gotta be shorter than that if its only 165 miles, I bet it would be about 2 hours

Big Al
October 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM
It's gotta be shorter than that if its only 165 miles, I bet it would be about 2 hours

165/2 = 82.5mph

Just sayin'.

Bearvision
October 8th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Hey Bear Fans:

You can do that drive in around 2 hours, 15 minutes. It all depends on where you're coming from in KC, and what time. If you're up North, and have to take 435in the afternoon, you're screwed. If you're just hitting up with 70, and then taking 13 down all the way, you can do it quick.

I've driven door to door to the ex's, who lived in Overland Park in about 2:15...

BearsCountry
October 8th, 2009, 04:11 PM
You coming from KCI? Then it will take a 2 hours and 45 minutes for sure. The southern suburbs of KC are about 2 hours from Springfield. From downtown KC or the Truman Sports Complex you are 2 and 1/2 hours away from Springfield.

da_bears
October 8th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Yeah, our stadium is so small you don't really have any "bad" seats...you'll be fine there.

You can't really go wrong at any of the places suggested, and if you're looking for lots of TV's and smoke free, go to Boomer's.

I think the lower deck are bad seats for viewing angle, I'd rather sit in front row of upper deck.

MSUBear42
October 8th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I think the lower deck are bad seats for viewing angle, I'd rather sit in front row of upper deck.

Front row, upper deck is literally the best view of a football game you can possibly imagine. It's perfect.

View using NO ZOOM:
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs236.snc1/8317_637219495204_34320110_37682910_2790024_n.jpg

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Yeah that is a great view. That is a really good picture. Must have a good camera :)

MSUBear42
October 8th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Yeah that is a great view. That is a really good picture. Must have a good camera :)

Thanks! It's a Kodak Z812iS, I love it.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_637219604984_34320110_37682928_3373446_n.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs236.snc1/8317_637219699794_34320110_37682947_8022221_n.jpg

For reference sake, this photo is from the 20th row:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs236.snc1/8317_637219375444_34320110_37682888_2577267_n.jpg

No zoom:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_637219370454_34320110_37682887_428010_n.jpg

MSUfan2010
October 8th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I've driven door to door to the ex's, who lived in Overland Park in about 2:15...

I call bull....

I can barely get from Bolivar(30 minutes north of Springfield) to OP in 2:15 going the speed limit. Of course, I guess you could have been going faster, a lot faster xsmiley_wix

MSUfan2010
October 8th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Given the Cardinals falling apart and the Packers having a bye week after getting blasted by the Vikes, a Bears win should would be nice! xthumbsupx

89rabbit
October 8th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Here is a story from Thomas O'Brien's hometown paper:

http://www.winonadailynews.com/sports/article_6396b896-b481-11de-8db5-001cc4c002e0.html

Cotter grad O'Brien to start at QB for South Dakota State

By RICK SOLEM / [email protected] | Posted: Thursday, October 8, 2009 10:10 pm

Thomas O'Brien is taking the reins.

The redshirt freshman will be making his first start Saturday as quarterback for South Dakota State University's football team, which is ranked 20th in NCAA Division I-AA as it heads to Missouri State this weekend.

O'Brien is a 2007 Cotter High School graduate who set multiple school and HVL records, including yards (2,677) and touchdown passes (35) in a season.

O'Brien is getting his first chance at the helm after senior starter Ryan Crawford suffered a knee injury and will be out two to four weeks.

"This is his team now," SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier said. . . . (read more)

Big Al
October 9th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Man, that sucks. Any chance I can revise my prediction for the game? Maybe the Jacks will get lucky and the kid will be a stud but starting a redshirt freshman at QB?

Ouch.

Kemo
October 9th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Man, that sucks. Any chance I can revise my prediction for the game? Maybe the Jacks will get lucky and the kid will be a stud but starting a redshirt freshman at QB?

Ouch.

The kid physically is a stud, no luck need there. The key is whether he will be mentally ready to compete at the college level, and I think he'll be up to the task.

BearsCountry
October 9th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I'm suprised you guys are bussing down. We flew up to Brookings last year.

mango43
October 9th, 2009, 01:12 AM

We also drove to Normal a couple weeks ago

mango43
October 9th, 2009, 01:14 AM
165/2 = 82.5mph

Just sayin'.

Speed limit is 75 in SD on the interstate so I set my cruise to about 81-82. Granted, the speed limit might not be that in Nebraska, Iowa or Missouri, but I used 75 as a base speed.

UNIFanSince1983
October 9th, 2009, 07:16 AM
it is 75 in Nebraska, but in Iowa the highest you will find is 70, and I have no idea about Missouri

MSUBear42
October 9th, 2009, 07:32 AM
it is 75 in Nebraska, but in Iowa the highest you will find is 70, and I have no idea about Missouri

MplsBison
October 9th, 2009, 10:32 AM
We also drove to Normal a couple weeks ago

Damn. That's horrible.

I guess NDSU should consider itself lucky that it can afford to charter flights for away games.

Bearvision
October 9th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I call bull....

I can barely get from Bolivar(30 minutes north of Springfield) to OP in 2:15 going the speed limit. Of course, I guess you could have been going faster, a lot faster xsmiley_wix

My wife's from Bolivar, the in-laws still live there...you must have been driving real slow.

MSUfan2010
October 9th, 2009, 10:34 AM
My wife's from Bolivar, the in-laws still live there...you must have been driving real slow.

I guess if 65 and 70 is slow.....xthumbsupx

Bearvision
October 9th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I guess if 65 and 70 is slow.....xthumbsupx

Yeah, that's really slow on the highway. Oh well, you won't get a ticket that way! :D

RowdyRabbit
October 9th, 2009, 12:52 PM

Normally we would have, but due to the economy, the school is attempting to save a little $$ where it can. And it did, busing to Normal and to Springfield saved SDSU I believe around 100,000 bucks.

BearsCountry
October 9th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah, that's really slow on the highway. Oh well, you won't get a ticket that way! :D

Thats what I was thinking as well. I normally went about 70 on 13 and then 80 on 7.

jmc_jackrabbit
October 10th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Cripes, it's not like these guys are made of sugar. A 9-hour bus ride is hardly going to cripple them for the game. The buses have large, first-class airliner-type seats and are equipped with WiFi for heaven's sakes. They get there in plenty of time to shake off any stiffness from hanging out in a bus for 9 hours.

It's not like we're busing 22 hours to North Carolina to play a D2 team like USD did last year.

MSUBear42
October 10th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Perfect football weather! 0% chance of rain, temp around 60!

cowbellnation
October 10th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Too bad the game isn't in Brookings, it is cold today, it was cold yesterday. We got some snow last night, and expect more today. High of 32, low of 18.

MSUBear42
October 10th, 2009, 04:56 PM
no posts???

mmiller_34
October 10th, 2009, 05:02 PM
no posts???

Everybody was watching it on TV apparently.

RabidRabbit
October 10th, 2009, 05:06 PM
no posts???

I'm usually the SDSU poster here, and I just got my internet service going in ATL Just moved, and visiting from NOLA work spot.) So I caught the only last 5 min, starting with the Bears last TD.

MSUBear42
October 10th, 2009, 05:13 PM
anyways... final score sdsu 24 msu 17... msu has chance to win. 1st and goal with a minute left and kirby threw an int.

mmiller_34
October 10th, 2009, 05:22 PM
... msu has chance to win.

A chance to tie. Unless they were bada** and tried for 2.

BearsCountry
October 10th, 2009, 05:51 PM
The play of the game was the kickoff that SDSU recovered in the 1st. That was the difference IMO.

MSUBear42
October 10th, 2009, 08:07 PM
The play of the game was the kickoff that SDSU recovered in the 1st. That was the difference IMO.

6 turnovers in general are hard to overcome.
xrolleyesx

Kemo
October 10th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Game Thoughts:

Mo State's played a pretty good game and is hands down the most improved team in the conference this year. Their defense is solid but not dominate, and their offense had sparks of brilliance on the 2 Mo State scoring drives, but turned the ball over too many times. Cody Kirby, despite his 3 interceptions, actually played a pretty good game. He made lots of good pre-snap reads and was able to get the Jacks D to tip their hand, plus made some spot on throws while under derress (and some nice runs as well). He got himself into trouble when he tried for the big play instead of taking what the defense was giving him, which were the underneath routes that made for 2 mythotical touchdown drives.

Jacks executed a pretty conservative game plan for the most part. On offense, as expected, they ran the ball probably too much to try and take the pressure off the RS Freshman QB making his first start, but when asked to make a play, Thomas O'Brien delievered on many occasions. Some of the throws he made were nothing short of spectacular, as O'Brien's arm allows him to put the ball into windows that would be a guarenteed interception for most FCS QBs. If this kid can stay away from turnovers, he really could be something special.

Jacks D played pretty conservative as well, as they played a "bend but don't break style," allowing a lot of underneath completions while taking away many of the deep routes. They tried to blitz a lot on the first few drives, but cooled down after Kirby was able to get the D to show their blitz before the snap, so if I recall correctly, they stuck with either rushing 4 or having more delayed blitzes. Overall, the defense played pretty good, even though they gave up a lot of yardage for the second week in a row.

MSUBear42
October 11th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Some photos of the game:

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639995931204_34320110_37781347_5870839_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639995991084_34320110_37781359_1513902_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs236.snc1/8317_639996001064_34320110_37781361_5635309_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639996026014_34320110_37781365_2036948_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639996055954_34320110_37781371_6846051_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639996090884_34320110_37781378_6965828_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs236.snc1/8317_639996120824_34320110_37781383_2896482_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639996205654_34320110_37781398_1764132_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639996320424_34320110_37781420_2258924_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639996335394_34320110_37781423_873874_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs236.snc1/8317_639996340384_34320110_37781424_1203288_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639996405254_34320110_37781437_2735540_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs236.snc1/8317_639996445174_34320110_37781444_4126972_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs236.snc1/8317_639996475114_34320110_37781450_2432838_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs236.snc1/8317_639996485094_34320110_37781452_5907502_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639996495074_34320110_37781454_6612986_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639996534994_34320110_37781462_3299768_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639996609844_34320110_37781476_4082016_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639996649764_34320110_37781482_7253418_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs236.snc1/8317_639996664734_34320110_37781485_705138_n.jpg

Jacked_Rabbit
October 11th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I know which football team won, but which band looked better?

MSUBear42
October 11th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I know which football team won, but which band looked better?
2 different styles... SDSU's band looks like they have a lot of fun. MSU's band is much more of a military/strict style. Was very impressed with SDSU's sound, but they used music. MSU doesn't use music and had slightly better tone.

Gil Dobie
October 11th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Sounds like a great game to be at. xthumbsupx

MSUBear42
October 11th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Short clip of "The Pride of the Dakotas" at MSU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSjUL1Glm88

The only bad thing about SDSU's band was their hideous flag corps uniforms. This isn't the 1930s!

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639996160744_34320110_37781391_396183_n.jpg

RabbitAlum
October 11th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Short clip of "The Pride of the Dakotas" at MSU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSjUL1Glm88

The only bad thing about SDSU's band was their hideous flag corps uniforms. This isn't the 1930s!

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs216.snc1/8317_639996160744_34320110_37781391_396183_n.jpg

I don't think you want to start comparing flag corp uniforms. I'll leave it at that...

MSUBear42
October 12th, 2009, 06:41 AM
I don't think you want to start comparing flag corp uniforms. I'll leave it at that...

MSU has hand-made flags and corps uniforms every single year. Not to mention their flag (and SABER) corps is probably in the top 2 or 3 in the country.

I know you're talking about the ridiculous amount of Flaggots we have, but there's a reason they come to MSU... they're damn good. xwhistlexxwhistlex

It didn't help SDSU's case that their flag girls never even tossed the flag. A 4-year-old could stand there and twirl a flag in rhythm!

jmc_jackrabbit
October 12th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I wasn't there, but I did see MSU's band uniforms on TV. Those are... um... fancy. I don't know that you could get more feathers ON a hat. And those sparkly gold sashes. FAB-u-LOUS!

Seriously, though: Two great college bands. And I did like the MSU flag corps from what I saw.

mango43
October 12th, 2009, 11:41 AM
MSU has hand-made flags and corps uniforms every single year. Not to mention their flag (and SABER) corps is probably in the top 2 or 3 in the country.

I know you're talking about the ridiculous amount of Flaggots we have, but there's a reason they come to MSU... they're damn good. xwhistlexxwhistlex

It didn't help SDSU's case that their flag girls never even tossed the flag. A 4-year-old could stand there and twirl a flag in rhythm!

Wait, so we've gone from band smack to flag corps smack? Awesome!

UNI Pike
October 12th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Apparently band (or flag girl) smack doesn't even rate a transfer to the smack forum.

ValleyChamp
October 12th, 2009, 12:25 PM
What a lame turn this thread took! lol

MSUBear42
October 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Wait, so we've gone from band smack to flag corps smack? Awesome!

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

MplsBison
October 12th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Bragging about a band?

That's like bragging about how many cup holders your car has. Who cares?!

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Bragging about a band?

That's like bragging about how many cup holders your car has. Who cares?!

Boy I dunno, cupholders in a car don't march in the Parade of Roses and get national TV coverage. xthumbsupx But that doesn't matter if you dont have it I guess xwhistlex

sikolec
October 12th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Great bounce back for SDSU with a win against Mo St. Congrats

da_bears
October 12th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Boy I dunno, cupholders in a car don't march in the Parade of Roses and get national TV coverage. xthumbsupx But that doesn't matter if you dont have it I guess xwhistlex

um, our band has also done the parade of roses, macy's thanksgiving, ect.

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2009, 07:08 PM

I know, it was directed at the people saying a good band is like cupholders in car. ;)

mango43
October 12th, 2009, 08:40 PM

He was referring to MPLSBison, not the Missouri State band.

MSUBear42
October 12th, 2009, 09:22 PM

Just ignore Bison, he's been taking too many anti-depressants.