PDA

View Full Version : EWU vs. UW in 2011

MaroonMafia
October 6th, 2009, 05:37 PM
EWU to play UW in football
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/oct/06/ewu-play-uw-football/

SEATTLE — Washington is finally joining the majority of college football and scheduling a lower-division team.

The Huskies announced Tuesday they are canceling a future home-and-home football series with BYU and added Eastern Washington, a Football Championship Subdivision team, to their schedule in 2011. It will be the first time in school history the Huskies will play a team from the FCS.

Never playing a lower-level team has been a traditional source of pride for Washington and is included in its weekly football notes. But the streak is finally being broken.

griz8791
October 6th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Didn't Grambling go out there a couple years ago? Or did that fall through?

joecooll6
October 6th, 2009, 05:52 PM
No, UW has DEFINATELY never played an FCS team. Im pretty sure only USC, UCLA and Notre Dame can say this besides UW.

Shellin
October 6th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Didn't Grambling go out there a couple years ago? Or did that fall through?

Grambling played WSU at Qwest Field in Seattle.

grizband
October 6th, 2009, 05:59 PM
No, UW has DEFINATELY never played an FCS team. Im pretty sure only USC, UCLA and Notre Dame can say this besides UW.

Michigan State played their first FCS team this year, when they opened with Montana State.

griz8791
October 6th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Grambling played WSU at Qwest Field in Seattle.

That's it. My bad.

SumItUp
October 6th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Last year was the year to be on UW's schedule

EdubAlum
October 7th, 2009, 01:08 PM
it's a win win for us really. I mean, even if we get blown out, at least a lot of EWU fans can make the game if they want, good exposure for the team, and the money stays in state, and if we do win....well, that would be nice too.

PhoenixSupreme
October 7th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I'm curious to see how much Steve Sarkisian's team will improve over the next two years. You could possibly be playing a Top 25 team by then.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I'm so excited about this game! It'll be interesting to also see where EWU is at in two years, with a year of exp. under our new starting QB's belt, a plethora of really good freshmen that will be Juniors in 2011, and Taiwan Jones will be a Senior... could be interesting.