PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Power Rankings 10-5

JALMOND
October 5th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Just motoring along, thinking things are going just right. Boy, were we wrong. We should have heeded the words of the late Benny Parsons who said, "The way things are going, they are getting set up for a big wreck." Well, we had a big wreck in the conference with Montana State beating Weber State in Ogden and Northern Arizona getting quite a game from Northern Colorado, a team previously given up for dead. Here are this week's power rankings in the Big Sky. All are my opinion and all are up for discussion. This week (last week)

1. Montana (1)---NASCAR fans, think of the wreck happening behind the Grizzlies, enabling them to get through it fine. Maybe the bye week came at a great time. Maybe the wreck is still coming. This week, the Grizzlies welcome Great West foe Cal Poly with a familiar face at coach, former Portland State coach Tim Walsh. Fireworks coming?

2. Eastern Washington (3)---In the midst of all the fun, the Eagles were quietly disposing of Idaho State last week. What was supposed to be the last breather for the Eagles was just that. So when does it get tough? How about this weekend as they welcome a mad Weber State team. How good are these Eagles?

3. Montana State (5)---Great defense, so-so offense? Right, tell that to Weber State as the Bobcats headed down to Ogden and left with the win. The defense was the traditional Bobcat defense, shutting down the Wildcats at the end to preserve the win. Can the Bobcats shut everyone down enough to get a win. This week, Northern Arizona, a team that pretty much no one has shut down comes to Bozeman. Can the defense shine again?

4. Weber State (2)---Upset? Maybe. But when you look at it from afar, maybe not quite as big of an upset last week as the Wildcats entertained Montana State. The Wildcats spotted Idaho State to a lead in the first quarter before coming back, then let Portland State take the lead late. Sounds like more of a train wreck waiting to happen as the magic ran out in the face of a Bobcat defensive stand. Things don't look good on the horizon as they head to Cheney to face a hungry Eastern Washington team.

5. Northern Arizona (4)---What about the Jacks. They looked good the first game against Arizona, then looked average against Southern Utah. They then looked awesome against Montana, only to have a beat-up Northern Colorado team come in and make them look average once again. What is going on here? Well, this week they are supposed to look great, but they have to play at Bozeman. Will they be great?

6. Sacramento State (7)---How about a game to make everything right. That is what happened to the Hornets as they went to Portland State last week. Don't say that the Vikings had pretty much owned them in the series, don't say the Hornets had not won in Portland since 1985, the Hornets took their momentum at the end of their game against Eastern Washington and transformed it into a big win. Can it continue? This week, they entertain Idaho State. Another something good?

7. Northern Colorado (8)---Lack of an offense and heading on the road to Northern Arizona, the Bears stood toe to toe against the mighty Jacks. Still in the game at the end, they finally succumbed in defeat. Good positives from the game should carry the Bears back home as they welcome Portland State. No offense, no problem.

8. Portland State (6)---So, what went right for the Vikings last week against Sacramento State? Now that is a real headscratcher. It does not matter who you play, no emotion usually means no win. So where do they go from here. It is hard to go any further down from here, but they have to head on down the road to play Northern Colorado, a team suddenly brimming with confidence. Can the Vikings right the ship?

9. Idaho State (9)---So, in the midst of all the fireworks and near misses, there are the Bengals, being just like the Bengals in a loss to Eastern Washington. There are the good, there are the bad, and then there are the Bengals. This week finds them on the road, heading to Sacramento State, a team the Bengals beat last year. But then again that was at home.

Proud Griz Man
October 5th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Just motoring along, thinking things are going just right. Boy, were we wrong. We should have heeded the words of the late Benny Parsons who said, "The way things are going, they are getting set up for a big wreck." Well, we had a big wreck in the conference with Montana State beating Weber State in Ogden and Northern Arizona getting quite a game from Northern Colorado, a team previously given up for dead. Here are this week's power rankings in the Big Sky. All are my opinion and all are up for discussion. This week (last week)

1. Montana (1)---NASCAR fans, think of the wreck happening behind the Grizzlies, enabling them to get through it fine. Maybe the bye week came at a great time. Maybe the wreck is still coming. This week, the Grizzlies welcome Great West foe Cal Poly with a familiar face at coach, former Portland State coach Tim Walsh. Fireworks coming?

8. Portland State (6)---So, what went right for the Vikings last week against Sacramento State? Now that is a real headscratcher. It does not matter who you play, no emotion usually means no win. So where do they go from here. It is hard to go any further down from here, but they have to head on down the road to play Northern Colorado, a team suddenly brimming with confidence. Can the Vikings right the ship?

As usual, very good writeup Jalmond.

What is your opinion Jalmond, can the Vikings right the ship? Does Glanville have too much youth and inexperience to compete in 2009?

What can you share with us about Coach Tim Walsh? I remember him, but am seeking your opinion.

Walkon79
October 5th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Looks right to me.

Go Cats

(The MSU variety obviously and the WSU variety the rest of the season. You could help us out with a couple of big wins starting this week in Cheney!!)

ncbears
October 5th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Can't argue with anything

wapiti
October 5th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Looks good to me. 1 and 2 were easy to decide.
3, 4, and 5 could be mixed any which way and then make a good apology
6, 7, and 8 could be mixed any which way
9 was another easy decision.

With everyone playing this next weekend, any one team, except ISU, could potentially move up or down 3 or 4 spots.

Hopfully Idaho State can find a way to improve their team and be competitive.

GOKATS
October 5th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Looks pretty good to me, things are starting to get interesting and there're some good games on tap this weekend.xthumbsupx

Walkon79
October 5th, 2009, 11:21 PM
2-5 could easily be flipped this week. I hope it ends up:

MSU 2
WSU 3
EWU 4
NAU 5

JALMOND
October 5th, 2009, 11:35 PM
As usual, very good writeup Jalmond.

What is your opinion Jalmond, can the Vikings right the ship? Does Glanville have too much youth and inexperience to compete in 2009?

What can you share with us about Coach Tim Walsh? I remember him, but am seeking your opinion.

Glanville usually will have his teams ready (that is why last week is a head scratcher) and will not use youth as an excuse. We've just got younger after the Sac State game as both McClintock (our senior back on offense) and Erik Pederson (our senior linebacker on defense and leading tackler) are both initially listed as doubtful for the UNC game, and those backups are both true freshmen. No doubt, after last week, the team will have more emotion. Whether they can win is another question, though.

Tim Walsh, always had his teams ready to go and was never afraid of anyone. His teams played the Griz tough in Portland but never seemed to get the same energy in Missoula. Mainly a traditional coach (run set up the pass that sets up the run, etc.). Coach Walsh defense always tough, hard-nosed bunch. You'll get fundamentally sound, smash mouth football from a Walsh coached team that will never quit. I know that sounds cliche, but Walsh took a PSU team to Hawaii and left with a win. Walsh took another PSU team to New Mexico and came back with a win. Walsh took a PSU team to Boise State when they had a 20+ game home winning streak against all comers (FBS included) and we had the lead until halfway through the fourth quarter. A Walsh coached team will fight until the final gun, no matter what the score might be.

JackFan
October 6th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Well first off im new to this site and noticed that there was not much of a representation for NAU on here so I hope I can fill you big sky members in on what is up in Jack land.

So what is going on here??? THE GOOD: our offense is avg. 32 ppg with notable games against Arizona and Montana included. QB Michael Herrick has been awesome completing 90/130(69.2 completion %) for 1,182 yrds and 11 td passes to 3 picks for a qb rating of 168.91 (stats according to espn). Herrick has an explosive and senior heavy set of receivers to throw to in Ed Berry, Conrad Meadows and Curt Sweeny. There is a decent stable of RBs with Alex Henderson and Giovannie Dixon that have run for a combined 492 yds with Henderson getting the majority. A really balanced attack compared to what NAU has had on offense in the past as there is potintial to throw the ball as well as run.
THE BAD: the defense is extremely beat up. Giving up around 35 ppg, the problem, well it could be a lot of things. For starters there have been no less then 5 starters out the last 3 games. Cody Dowd a pre-season first team big sky nomination has yet to play this year due to an injury that occurred during the spring. We have a new Defensive Coordinator this season which may be a change for the guys. Over all I think the problem here is that there is a lot of youth and inexperience on the field because of the injury bug.
Special Teams: the big hole to fill here was the kicking game with the loss to graduation of All American Robbie Dehaze, but during the Montana game the question was answered as Matt Myers sent a 47yrd field goal straight trough the uprights to send the game into overtime.

My overall assessment of the Jacks is that there is a night and day affect between the offense and defense. In the Southern Utah game the jacks had a 28-7 lead at one point, hardly an average performance, just too much relaxation due to the large led, the final score was in no way an indication of the feeling of the game. The patched up D wore their hearts on their sleeves and gave Montana all they had. The Northern Colorado game was really weird as our play calling on offense got extremely conservative, pretty much abandoning the explosive air game for large portions of the game. The passing yards totaled 240 but a big chunk of that was on an 81yrd td strike to Ed Berry. I guess the coaches felt UNC would be a good opponent to try and establish the run after it was shut down against Montana.

This Saturdays game with Montana State is gonna be a good one which will have huge implictions to the race in the big sky, the one thing im gonna say is that if NAU plans to win they have to put up a lot of points which they are very capable of.

JALMOND
October 6th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Well first off im new to this site and noticed that there was not much of a representation for NAU on here so I hope I can fill you big sky members in on what is up in Jack land.

So what is going on here??? THE GOOD: our offense is avg. 32 ppg with notable games against Arizona and Montana included. QB Michael Herrick has been awesome completing 90/130(69.2 completion %) for 1,182 yrds and 11 td passes to 3 picks for a qb rating of 168.91 (stats according to espn). Herrick has an explosive and senior heavy set of receivers to throw to in Ed Berry, Conrad Meadows and Curt Sweeny. There is a decent stable of RBs with Alex Henderson and Giovannie Dixon that have run for a combined 492 yds with Henderson getting the majority. A really balanced attack compared to what NAU has had on offense in the past as there is potintial to throw the ball as well as run.
THE BAD: the defense is extremely beat up. Giving up around 35 ppg, the problem, well it could be a lot of things. For starters there have been no less then 5 starters out the last 3 games. Cody Dowd a pre-season first team big sky nomination has yet to play this year due to an injury that occurred during the spring. We have a new Defensive Coordinator this season which may be a change for the guys. Over all I think the problem here is that there is a lot of youth and inexperience on the field because of the injury bug.
Special Teams: the big hole to fill here was the kicking game with the loss to graduation of All American Robbie Dehaze, but during the Montana game the question was answered as Matt Myers sent a 47yrd field goal straight trough the uprights to send the game into overtime.

My overall assessment of the Jacks is that there is a night and day affect between the offense and defense. In the Southern Utah game the jacks had a 28-7 lead at one point, hardly an average performance, just too much relaxation due to the large led, the final score was in no way an indication of the feeling of the game. The patched up D wore their hearts on their sleeves and gave Montana all they had. The Northern Colorado game was really weird as our play calling on offense got extremely conservative, pretty much abandoning the explosive air game for large portions of the game. The passing yards totaled 240 but a big chunk of that was on an 81yrd td strike to Ed Berry. I guess the coaches felt UNC would be a good opponent to try and establish the run after it was shut down against Montana.

This Saturdays game with Montana State is gonna be a good one which will have huge implictions to the race in the big sky, the one thing im gonna say is that if NAU plans to win they have to put up a lot of points which they are very capable of.

Welcome. It is always good to have more Big Sky posters here providing more insight. Stick around and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

You are right in that the Jacks will need to put up points against Montana State. The problem is can they do it? They are capable with the offense they have, but the Bobcats are coming off a game that they held Weber's offense to 21 points. They made Northern Colorado look awfully inept on offense, that same UNC offense that scored 27 on the Jacks defense. The Bobcats may be average on offense, but with that defense, they don't need much.

bpcats
October 6th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Griz
EWU
NAU/MSU
WSU
Sac State
UNC
Portland
Idaho State

I would put UNC in front of Sac State but UNC is still very beat up.

EWU is playing really well and has discovered a running game to go along with their passing attack. Their defense has really come on.

NAU - With how explosive they are on offense and how close they played the Griz, I would give them a slight edge over MSU.

MSU - The Cats have won their big game, but can they put forth that same effort this week and will it be enough against a very talented NAU team. NAU always plays the Cats close and I can't remember the last time they won in Cheney. I just think that this conference is getting tougher every year. For MSU to continue to progress they must show they can bring that excellent effort each week and take that next step in progressing.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 6th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Griz
EWU
NAU/MSU
WSU
Sac State
UNC
Portland
Idaho State

I would put UNC in front of Sac State but UNC is still very beat up.

EWU is playing really well and has discovered a running game to go along with their passing attack. Their defense has really come on.

NAU - With how explosive they are on offense and how close they played the Griz, I would give them a slight edge over MSU.

MSU - The Cats have won their big game, but can they put forth that same effort this week and will it be enough against a very talented NAU team. NAU always plays the Cats close and I can't remember the last time they won in Cheney. I just think that this conference is getting tougher every year. For MSU to continue to progress they must show they can bring that excellent effort each week and take that next step in progressing.

It was in a time before Erik Meyer came to EWU, that much I know... and I came to EWU in Meyer's junior season. 6 straight over MSU.

cats2506
October 6th, 2009, 09:42 AM

Just wondering if your Defense will be getting any of those guys back this week, I know you have been banged up on that side of the ball.

Looks like a potent Offense, should be a good game.

GrizFoo
October 6th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I think Weber kind of peaked way too early. I still believe they will be back, though have a not only had a tough OOC schedule, but do still have EWU and UM ahead.
I think Weber overlooked MSU, I sure did.
I'm thinking Weber used up a lot of their fire in nearly knocking of their OOC teams.
I'm quite sure they will be no push over for anyone.

I'm not quite sold yet on MSU. I think they are a quality team, but need to see how they play in their next game before putting them ahead of WSU or NAU.

I don't know what is up with Portland, it seems they have talent, but just aren't putting together a whole game effort.

I'm really looking forward to the Griz / CP game. I really get scared coming out of a bye week, because I have a very hard time telling which Griz team will show up.
It will be a telling game. I'm hoping the Griz ironed out some rinkles and got some guys heathy, and in doing so didn't soften up any.

Griz
EWU
WSU
NAU/MSU
Sac State
UNC
Portland
Idaho State

Silenoz
October 6th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Bobcats and Griz better win out and set up a 10-0 and 9-1 top ten showdown in November

xprayx

GOKATS
October 6th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Bobcats and Griz better win out and set up a 10-0 and 9-1 top ten showdown in November

xprayx

I'd really like to see that, both teams would finish 10-1.xnodxxthumbsupx

griz8791
October 6th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I'd really like to see that, both teams would finish 10-1.xnodxxthumbsupx

And if both teams did finish 10-1, each would say their sole loss was to MSU.

putter
October 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I like the bye week for the Griz to get ready for Poly. That offense is a wrinkle that requires discipline, however, with Kemp running the scout team O, i think the Griz will be well prepared for what Poly throws at them.

Big game for MSU as I think that everyone is looking at them to see if there is a follow through after the Weber game. If they do well against NAU then I can see the Cats having a legit shot at moving into the top 15 and deserving it.

We will see what Weber is made of. It is always tough coming off a loss at home and having their backs against the wall just to get playoff eligible will test this team for sure.

I expected a lot more from UNC, especially with the games they played last year. I know they have injuries but you have to develop depth to be able to compete and get out of the cellar. Oh well, at lease they have ISU in the conference to keep them out of last.

I like the rankings and expect them to move around quite a bit in the next 3 weeks.

GrizzlyBill
October 6th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Good to see a fan not turn invisible when their team is down. Thanks, Jalmond for the two much anticipated regular posts each week. I can't disagree with your ranking, although I am not all that confident with the Griz being #1 a lot longer.

catatac
October 6th, 2009, 02:26 PM
The NAU game will be huge for us this weekend. Classic Bobcat Football! Terrible weather, loud obnoxious crowd, HOMECOMING, the fans will be pumped up to welcome the team back after the huge win at Weber. Forecast calls for highs around 20 and possible heavy snow. I wonder if the weather will have much efect on the Jacks... probably not, seems like all Big Sky teams have learned to play in crap weather.

Ronbo
October 6th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Good to see a fan not turn invisible when their team is down. Thanks, Jalmond for the two much anticipated regular posts each week. I can't disagree with your ranking, although I am not all that confident with the Griz being #1 a lot longer.

Where the hell did those pesky Weber State posters go???xlolx

JALMOND
October 6th, 2009, 04:47 PM

Glad everyone appreciates them. I may be a Portland State fan first and foremost, but I am still a fan of the Big Sky as a whole and I try to do this to give some of the AGS posters a sense of where the teams are currently, although it is solely my opinion. I tend to take these rankings more seriously, I have more fun doing the predictions.

Of course I don't have all the answers and I do take into account the discussions from the previous week. Home team posters are always a great source, as long as you know who is being fair and who is being a little overzealous.xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
October 6th, 2009, 05:14 PM

xlolx I was thinking the same thing. IBP is probably in a dark corner still xbawlingx is eyes out. If EWU takes care of business Saturday, we might not hear from him until next season! :D (Especially since Smith isn't even the rushing leader right now)

JackFan
October 6th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Just wondering if your Defense will be getting any of those guys back this week, I know you have been banged up on that side of the ball.

Looks like a potent Offense, should be a good game.

Like you all know many coaches including Coach Souers does not give much info out to the press or the fans about injury severity or duration so im not too sure which of our guys will be healthy until they line up on Saturday. I did attend a fan gathering the week of the Montana game were coach spoke and he was extremely excited about the guys that were filling in pointing towards the fact that they might not have the talent of the first stringers obviously, but that they all had heart which was apparent against the griz. The one thing I can say positive about the D is that they have been pushed to the limit in their last three games winning two and taking Montana to OT. They bend but don’t break and are becoming quite experienced with the pressure on late in games.

Grizzaholic
October 6th, 2009, 05:32 PM
xlolx I was thinking the same thing. IBP is probably in a dark corner still xbawlingx is eyes out. If EWU takes care of business Saturday, we might not hear from him until next season! :D (Especially since Smith isn't even the rushing leader right now)

xlolx

cats2506
October 6th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Like you all know many coaches including Coach Souers does not give much info out to the press or the fans about injury severity or duration so im not too sure which of our guys will be healthy until they line up on Saturday. I did attend a fan gathering the week of the Montana game were coach spoke and he was extremely excited about the guys that were filling in pointing towards the fact that they might not have the talent of the first stringers obviously, but that they all had heart which was apparent against the griz. The one thing I can say positive about the D is that they have been pushed to the limit in their last three games winning two and taking Montana to OT. They bend but don’t break and are becoming quite experienced with the pressure on late in games.

Yeah, Souers probably learned that from bobby, we have a couple of new dings after the weber game, Desin (You may remember him from last year as the 3rd str qb that threw the long pass to set up out FG) is doubtfull as a WR, and Owens as a LB is day to day. Price LB is still day to day, he didnt play in the WSU game. other than that nothing new, but sometimes Ash has a surprise. I expect a good game in bad weather. Right now I wam watching NAU vs UM and will watch NAU vs UNC tomorrow, I had them dvr'd.

I Bleed Purple
October 6th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Hey now, I'll have you know I spent most of Saturday and Sunday in bed with a nasty cold. Had to watch the last part of the game inside I was feeling so bad. I'm finally starting to feel almost healthy.*

Besides, it's so difficult to post when you know your alma mater was by far the better team and to lose that way. Sheesh. Would have been easier had we been soundly beat. Makes it easier to stomach.

*Yes, I'm aware Sunday was two days ago. No need pointing that out.

JALMOND
October 6th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Hey now, I'll have you know I spent most of Saturday and Sunday in bed with a nasty cold. Had to watch the last part of the game inside I was feeling so bad. I'm finally starting to feel almost healthy.*

Besides, it's so difficult to post when you know your alma mater was by far the better team and to lose that way. Sheesh. Would have been easier had we been soundly beat. Makes it easier to stomach.

I know its always nice to try to get on TV with that purple "B" on your chest, but when its cold outside, keep your damn shirt on.:Dxlolxxnonox

I Bleed Purple
October 6th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I know its always nice to try to get on TV with that purple "B" on your chest, but when its cold outside, keep your damn shirt on.:Dxlolxxnonox

Nah, I came down with it Friday night.

What really sucked was that it was perfect football weather, but I was cold all second half.

Walkon79
October 6th, 2009, 09:49 PM
"By far the better team". Really? Your defense was like swiss cheese for much of the second half.

I Bleed Purple
October 6th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Okay.........and still Weber had a triple digit edge in yards gained.

Walkon79
October 6th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah, but they couldn't finish. And except for a 70 yard pass and a safety, the last drive and goal-line stand would have meant nothing. I just think its a little arrogant to say Weber was "Way Better" when you got beat at home... again.

Not trying to trash, cause I really want you to rebound and stomp EWU. Us Cat's gotta stick together. We win out and you win out and we're both in the playoffs, sans UM and EWU.

Go Wildcats!!

cats2506
October 6th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Okay.........and still Weber had a triple digit edge in yards gained.

Do you usually get extra points for that?

uofmman1122
October 6th, 2009, 11:50 PM
We've got a regular cat fight on our hands. xlolx

Silenoz
October 6th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Yeah, but they couldn't finish. And except for a 70 yard pass and a safety, the last drive and goal-line stand would have meant nothing. I just think its a little arrogant to say Weber was "Way Better" when you got beat at home... again.

Not trying to trash, cause I really want you to rebound and stomp EWU. Us Cat's gotta stick together. We win out and you win out and we're both in the playoffs, sans UM and EWU.

Go Wildcats!!

It takes more than that to get rid of us

Native
October 7th, 2009, 12:01 AM
I think Weber kind of peaked way too early....

Peaked?!!?!? xlolxxlolxxlolx

Not sure that Weber is even out of the starting blocks. xrotatehx

Not sure they will ever get out of the starting blocks, as long as they keeping making Game One mistakes in games 2, 3, 4, 5, ...

Native
October 7th, 2009, 12:02 AM

Sulking in the corner.

JackFan
October 7th, 2009, 12:05 AM

*Yes, I'm aware Sunday was two days ago. No need pointing that out.[/QUOTE]

Ok come on nothing matters but the score board. I hate when people argue that their team is better then a team they just lost to, get over the denial and accept the fact your team lost. Believe me I know, our loss to Montana still hurts, it was an extremely even game from start to finish, but in no way could I argue that we are better than Montana, we flat out lost on the score board…again that’s all that matters.

GrizzlyBill
October 7th, 2009, 09:02 AM

Ok come on nothing matters but the score board. I hate when people argue that their team is better then a team they just lost to, get over the denial and accept the fact your team lost. Believe me I know, our loss to Montana still hurts, it was an extremely even game from start to finish, but in no way could I argue that we are better than Montana, we flat out lost on the score board…again that’s all that matters.[/QUOTE]

That's why we say "Any Given Saturday" and the winners are NOT chosen by a 7 game series.

griz8791
October 7th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Sulking in the corner.

Screw that. This place ain't the same without you and IBP.

JackFan
October 7th, 2009, 07:58 PM
for those that dont know on bigskyconf.com "This week in big sky football" has a few good interviews from NAU coach souers and MSU DB kevin retoriano, both talk in depth about this weekends game.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2009, 08:16 PM

I hear ya on that. Much like my Hawks against the Bears... we outplayed them but still found a way to lose. Last week's loss against the Colts was much easier to bear... we got soundly outplayed and I'm okay with that, because Peyton Manning is a savage!

Native
October 7th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Great job once again, JALMOND! xthumbsupx

Although EWU is favored at home by 9.81 points over Weber State, according to the latest Sagarin "predictor" calculations, this weekend should be a great game.

There is good news for Weber:

1. The EWU defense will not be as tough as the MSU defense. Expect 500+ yards from Higgins and Co., and barring mistakes, a lot of scoring!

2. Kevin Linehan is healthy and Ryan Eastman will be back on the Wildcat defensive line after being MIA for the past two games. This is huge for WSU.

If Weber wins the turnover battler, the Wildcats will win. xsmiley_wix

I Bleed Purple
October 7th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I hear ya on that. Much like my Hawks against the Bears... we outplayed them but still found a way to lose. Last week's loss against the Colts was much easier to bear... we got soundly outplayed and I'm okay with that, because Peyton Manning is a savage!

I can accept that. Although there was no way the Bears should have been outplayed by Seneca Wallace.

Hopefully Cutler can fully embrace the culture of being a bear. The helicopter spin really helped. xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
October 7th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I can accept that. Although there was no way the Bears should have been outplayed by Seneca Wallace.

Hopefully Cutler can fully embrace the culture of being a bear. The helicopter spin really helped. xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

No, the Bears were outplayed by the Seattle Defense, depsite being without Trufant, Wilson and Tatupu. The refs screwed us by overturning the fumble recovery near the goaline... there was no conclusive evidence to reverse the call on the field, which was a turnover. That, and Olindo Mare choked. Brandon Coutu wouldn't have. xnonono2x