PDA

View Full Version : MEAC - Week 6 Predictions

DSUrocks07
October 5th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Now we're starting to get into the meat of the season and teams are beginning to settle into three groups. The top dogs, the middle of the road teams, and the cupcakes. Now, things could change as the season goes along, and the MOTRs can rise up to be a top dog or fall to cupcake status. Such is the way of college football. xthumbsupx

The top dogs right now are obviously SC State and Florida A&M. In two weeks we'll see them go head to head in Orangeburg that is expected to decide the conference championship and who will get the MEAC AQ. SC State had their FBS match up last week against South Carolina of the SEC, now they will face the pesky Spartans of Norfolk State in the proverbial "trap game". The Bulldogs have shown this year that they have a tendency to play down to the level of their opponent. Florida A&M on the other hand, will go on the road to face the resurgent Miami Hurricanes of the ACC, currently ranked #11 in the nation at the FBS level. Although it will be great to see them come out with a victory, it is more important at this point for FAMU to escape Dolphins (aka LandShark) Stadium with minimal injuries. The last thing we need is the Rattlers making excuses (...for the MEAC's sake xlolx) should they have a key injury in this game.

The middle of the road teams are Morgan State, NC A&T, Hampton, Norfolk State, and Delaware State. Its still pretty early to shuffle out the pecking order amongst these teams, (IMO DSU is the best of this bunch, but that's my bias.) but after a couple more weeks of conference play we will know who just might be able to make a challenge for the MEAC crown.

The cupcakes at this point are Bethune-Cookman and Howard. Howard has only beaten WSSU (currently 0-5) and Georgetown (also 0-5), and BCU has lost to everyone this year, (including D-II Shaw) xsmhx

Games this week:

North Carolina A&T @ Morgan State
1:00pm

South Carolina State @ Norfolk State
1:00pm

Howard @ Hampton
6:00pm

Bethune-Cookman @ Delaware State
7:00pm

Florida A&M @ #11 Miami (FBS)
7:00pm

My predictions:

Morgan - 27
NC A&T - 14

Morgan is always a contender for the MEAC title year in and year out, and being at home should give the the advantage in this matchup. A&T is still a year away from being a serious challenger, being a younger team, I think that that youth will show on the road and A&T will have a bit of a let down after their OT battle with NCCU last week.

SC State - 38
Norfolk State - 17

SC State will let NSU stay in the game longer than they really should, but will pull away in the second half.

Hampton - 35
Howard - 14

Hampton is a better team than they showed against DSU last week. The Pirates QB, (Bynes) will get back on track against a porous Bison defense as "The REAL HU" rolls.

Delaware State - 45
Bethune-Cookman - 3

Delaware State's offense is starting to get on the same page. McQueen will have another 100 yd game and Glaud and his receivers will work out their issues with dropped passes. DSU's defense will hold BCU to under 150 yds total offense. xwhistlex

#11 Miami (FBS) - 35
Florida A&M - 31

FAMU is for real this year and I am a believer. xthumbsupx

DSUrocks07
October 6th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Question for you AGSers out there. Who would have a better shot at an at-large bid? Florida A&M or SC State?

B&G
October 6th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Question for you AGSers out there. Who would have a better shot at an at-large bid? Florida A&M or SC State?

A lot will depend on how FAMU does against Miami.

SCSU's win over Grambling doesn't look quite as good anymore after the Prarie View debacle. But the Bulldogs certainly didn't embarass themselves against South Carolina... or in the playoffs last season for that matter.

Right now all FAMU has to hang their hats on OOC-wise is the Tennessee St victory which isn't going to make the Earth move. I have to give the edge to SCSU as of 10/6/09.

B&G
October 6th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Forgot to make my predictions...

North Carolina A&T @ Morgan State Morgan St 28-17 - Home field is deciding factor but A&T has the ability to hang even tougher than the score indicates.

South Carolina State @ Norfolk State SCSU 23-21 - The Bulldogs get more than they bargain for here. As was said before, this is a trap game and Norfolk has already faced some stiff competition and won't be intimidated.

Howard @ Hampton Hampton 38-7 - Hampton gets a chance to take out their frustrations.

Bethune-Cookman @ Delaware State DSU 34-10

Florida A&M @ #11 Miami (FBS) Tha U 44-21

MoBear
October 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Forgot to make my predictions...

North Carolina A&T @ Morgan State Morgan St 28-17 - Home field is deciding factor but A&T has the ability to hang even tougher than the score indicates.

South Carolina State @ Norfolk State SCSU 23-21 - The Bulldogs get more than they bargain for here. As was said before, this is a trap game and Norfolk has already faced some stiff competition and won't be intimidated.

Howard @ Hampton Hampton 38-7 - Hampton gets a chance to take out their frustrations.

Bethune-Cookman @ Delaware State DSU 34-10

Florida A&M @ #11 Miami (FBS) Tha U 44-21

I agree SCSU played well in the playoffs last year and had a good showing against USC. Not to mention they were ranked higher then FAMU all season long. A 2 loss FAMU will not makw the playoffs while a 2 loss SCSU will get consideration.

My predictions

North Carolina A&T @ Morgan St [/B] MSU 24-14
This game won't get started until the third quarter unless Devan James starts off with hard running. Slow him up and Morgan has problems

South Carolina State @ Norfolk State [/B] SCSU 27-20
Norfolk always plays SCSU hard. I think Coach Pete knows how to coach against Pough this game is going to be close.

Howard @ Hampton [/B] Hampton 30-13
The battle of the real HU will not ba a battle at all

Bethune Cookman @ Delaware State [/B] DSU 28-10
DSU is much better then there record

Florida A&M @ Miammi [/B] Miami 40-7
They beat Oklahoma with a healthy defense

R.A.
October 6th, 2009, 11:53 AM
When will you all learn... Hampton can NEVER ACHIEVE REAL HU STATUS...

WestCoastAggie
October 6th, 2009, 12:10 PM
1:00pm 16-10 (OT)

1:00pm 35-14

Howard @ Hampton
6:00pm 12-35

7:00pm 0-28

7:00pm 21-49 (7-21 End of Half)

putter
October 6th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I have to agree with SCST getting a nod over A&M. Like it or not I think the committee looks at the history of a program when deciding at-large bids and SCST played App tough last year and look decent against USC. If A&M outplays them the rest of the way then they certainly have an argument but not the resume' or history.

WestCoastAggie
October 6th, 2009, 12:17 PM
When will you all learn... Hampton can NEVER ACHIEVE REAL HU STATUS...

xeyebrowx Can you beat them first? xpeacex

Big Dawg
October 6th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I have to agree with SCST getting a nod over A&M. Like it or not I think the committee looks at the history of a program when deciding at-large bids and SCST played App tough last year and look decent against USC. If A&M outplays them the rest of the way then they certainly have an argument but not the resume' or history.

You mean the fact the FAMU has the most playoff victories in the history of the MEAC...xlolx

RattlerFan70
October 6th, 2009, 04:11 PM

Howard @ Hampton

R.A.
October 6th, 2009, 08:59 PM
xeyebrowx Can you beat them first? xpeacex

Can you??xlolx

WestCoastAggie
October 6th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Can you??xlolx
We have this decade. Have you?

BTW: Hope you have a QB that can lead a 4th quarter comeback this year? B.J. Ain't suiting up on the 24th xwhistlex

DSUrocks07
October 11th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Final Scores from Saturday:

Morgan State - 7
NC A&T - 6

SC State - 37
Norfolk St - 10

Hampton - 37
Howard - 0

BCU - 9
DSU - 7

#11 Miami (FBS) - 48