PDA

View Full Version : Coaches Poll- WEEK FIVE

smallcollegefbfan
October 5th, 2009, 12:19 PM
2009 FCS Coaches Poll – Week 5 (October 5, 2009)

Team (No. 1 Votes) 2009 Record Points Previous Ranking
1. Richmond (27) 4-0 699 1
2. Villanova (1) 5-0 664 2
3. Montana 4-0 633 3
4. Northern Iowa 4-1 630 4
5. New Hampshire 4-0 582 7
6. Southern Illinois 3-1 556 8
7. McNeese State 3-1 514 9
8. William & Mary 4-1 474 5
9. Central Arkansas 3-1 438 12
10. Appalachian State 2-2 436 10
11. Elon 4-1 427 13
12. James Madison 2-2 370 6
13. Massachusetts 3-1 329 16
14. Cal Poly 2-2 296 17
15. Eastern Washington 4-1 291 18
16. South Carolina State 3-1 256 14
17. Eastern Kentucky 3-1 217 21
18. Jacksonville State 3-2 204 20
19. South Dakota State 3-1 187 15
20. Holy Cross 4-0 173 22
21. Weber State 2-3 166 11
22. Florida A&M 4-0 156 23
23. Montana State 3-1 130 25
24. Colgate 5-0 92 NR
25. Eastern Illinois 4-1 42 24

Others receiving votes (points in parentheses): Stephen F. Austin (35), Texas State (22), Prairie View A&M (20), Northern Arizona (15), Alabama A&M (13), Gardner-Webb (9), Chattanooga (7), Liberty (6), Butler (5), Hofstra (2), Southern Utah (2), Missouri State (1), Morgan State (1).

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/FCS/polls/09polls/index.htm

WestCoastAggie
October 5th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Good to see the MEAC & Patriot with two teams ranked in the Poll.

'Nova should have more 1st place votes after this weekend and UMass should be at least number 11 if not in the top 10.

W&M should be out of the top 10 and JMU should be out of the top 15 with their loses.

TheValleyRaider
October 5th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Kinda surprised that Montana State didn't jump Weber this week. MSU was already in the poll, so it's not like they'd have to be too much higher... xreadx

R.A.
October 5th, 2009, 12:46 PM
SCSU drops two spots??

I guess the coaches felt that the Bulldogs should have won the game.....

soccerguy315
October 5th, 2009, 12:46 PM

'Nova should have more 1st place votes after this weekend and UMass should be at least number 11 if not in the top 10.

W&M should be out of the top 10 and JMU should be out of the top 15 with their loses.

How far do you drop the number 5 team for losing to the number 2 team on the road?

WMTribe90
October 5th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Delawhere? How could they not at least be receiving votes?

Husky Alum
October 5th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Weird, unless I got my ballot in late, I voted for UD in the Top 20.

SumItUp
October 5th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Weird, unless I got my ballot in late, I voted for UD in the Top 20.

Do you vote in the coaches poll or are you thinking about the AGS poll?

WestCoastAggie
October 5th, 2009, 12:55 PM
How far do you drop the number 5 team for losing to the number 2 team on the road?

It wasn't the fact that you W&M lost but how you lost. I would place W&M about #11. xnodx

IaaScribe
October 5th, 2009, 12:57 PM
That's ridiculous. There aren't 10 teams in the country that are better than William & Mary.

CID1990
October 5th, 2009, 01:17 PM
El Cid got a couple votes a week or so ago, I think. I guess this last loss was the nail in our coffin.

93henfan
October 5th, 2009, 01:18 PM
This poll is even more comical than the TSN poll.

Well, unless Garder-Webb, Chattanooga, Butler, Southern Utah, and Morgan State really are better than Delaware. xwhistlex

Jesus H. Christ, how can you publish something like this without a disclaimer that it's just a parody of a real poll?

ToTheLeft
October 5th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Wow... this is a joke. Liberty behind G-W and Chatty? Seriously? This poll is a joke.

WestCoastAggie
October 5th, 2009, 01:23 PM
This poll is even more comical than the TSN poll.

Well, unless Garder-Webb, Chattanooga, Butler, Southern Utah, and Morgan State really are better than Delaware. xwhistlex

Jesus H. Christ, how can you publish something like this without a disclaimer that it's just a parody of a real poll?

Well you can't please everybody!

Fear the Bird
October 5th, 2009, 01:25 PM
xmadx xnonox I realize Delaware needs to win a big game to be taken seriously but not even receiving votes??? When in reality if they hit that field goal against UR they would probably be around 15 right now. I guess it's time to put up or shut this weekend but if they beat UMass they have to crack the top 20 I would think and therefore they should atleast be getting consideration this week

Husky Alum
October 5th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Do you vote in the coaches poll or are you thinking about the AGS poll?

My bad, I misread the topic of the thread.

So much for multi tasking at work.

elon77
October 5th, 2009, 01:38 PM
El Cid got a couple votes a week or so ago, I think. I guess this last loss was the nail in our coffin.

And after this weekends loss I guess it will be the dirt on top of the nail.:D

soccerguy315
October 5th, 2009, 01:53 PM
It wasn't the fact that you W&M lost but how you lost. I would place W&M about #11. xnodx

I guess we will just agree to disagree. I think they were pretty evenly matched. But, if W&M is really that much worse than Nova, then Nova should not earn more #1 votes winning that game.

mcveyrl
October 5th, 2009, 02:42 PM

Agree on JMU and disagree on W&M. William and Mary had a respectable showing against what might be the number 1 team in the country.

JMU was not in my AGS Top 25.

aceinthehole
October 5th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Funny, I've questioned the credibility of all the polls for the past 2 weeks, yet only now some people are starting to see the light. xthumbsupx

danefan
October 5th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Funny, I've questioned the credibility of all the polls for the past 2 weeks, yet only now some people are starting to see the light. xthumbsupx

Ace, I've been questioning the validity of these polls for 3 years now. Its nice to see others are getting it too.

Its unfortunate that this poll (and the TSN poll) has some official status with the NCAA though.

South Carolina Duke
October 5th, 2009, 02:54 PM

Curious, with that logic, then where should App State be with their losses and near losses (aka wins).

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 5th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Chatty is the third-best team in the SoCon?

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

WestCoastAggie
October 5th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Curious, with that logic, then where should App State be with their losses and near losses (aka wins).
Let me edit this: Mass should be out the top 15 too (I forgot they lost to UD xoopsx)

App. St. is in the 10-15 range.

93henfan
October 5th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Let me edit this: Mass should be out the top 15 too (I forgot they lost to UD xoopsx)

I'm hoping you're a clairvoyant. Delaware and UMass haven't played yet. xlolx

panther25
October 5th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I'm hoping you're a clairvoyant. Delaware and UMass haven't played yet. xlolx

I'm predicting a UD win this week over the minutement. Wouldn't mind that being a jinx though either. xlolxxlolx

tribe_pride
October 5th, 2009, 03:42 PM

App. St. is in the 10-15 range.

UMass plays UD this weekend. They are 3-1 with a loss to Kansas State 21-17 and then easy wins versus URI, Albany and Stony Brook. Next 3 weeks show what they are made of: Delaware, UNH, Richmond

appfan2008
October 5th, 2009, 03:45 PM
no delaware? how about no Furman?

justsaying
October 5th, 2009, 03:52 PM
All of you complaining about Gardner-Webb, Chattanooga Butler etc. being ahead of them, who have you beat THIS YEAR, that makes you better ???... And moral victories don't count....xnonox

ToTheLeft
October 5th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Who has G-W beat? WCU? Wow. Liberty has beaten Lafayette, who is a significantly tougher opponent than the Kittymounts... no good reason to have GW over Liberty. Not a single one.

ElonPride
October 5th, 2009, 04:10 PM
no delaware? how about no Furman?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

BullDog85
October 5th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Chatty is the third-best team in the SoCon?

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Yep, according to the a-wipes on the Coaches Poll xlolx

justsaying
October 5th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Who has G-W beat? WCU? Wow. Liberty has beaten Lafayette, who is a significantly tougher opponent than the Kittymounts... no good reason to have GW over Liberty. Not a single one.

Are you kidding me.... Thats the best you can come up with? Lafayette... I am pretty sure Western would rather take care of non-scholly Lafayette if they were to play, instead of getting their head busted in my Vanderbilt, Furman and the rest of the SOCON schedule.... along with GWxsmiley_wix

I'M JUSTSAYING....

Maybe you should have not scheduled little ol West Virginia Wesleyan, and played WCU so you can be ahead of GWU in the polls...xrotatehx

aggiemba
October 5th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Wow! Not even any votes for UC Davis.

Hmm...... East Coast bias much?

xnonox

Shellin
October 5th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Wow! Not even any votes for UC Davis.

Hmm...... East Coast bias much?

xnonox

1-3 with their only win coming over a DII would be the reason for that, not their location on the west coast.

ToTheLeft
October 5th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Are you kidding me.... Thats the best you can come up with? Lafayette... I am pretty sure Western would rather take care of non-scholly Lafayette if they were to play, instead of getting their head busted in my Vanderbilt, Furman and the rest of the SOCON schedule.... along with GWxsmiley_wix

I'M JUSTSAYING....

Maybe you should have not scheduled little ol West Virginia Wesleyan, and played WCU so you can be ahead of GWU in the polls...xrotatehx

We didn't schedule WVW until Iona folded it's football program.

And I would love to see G-W play the "non-scholly" Patriot League teams. You might think twice. And seriously, WCU is NOTHING to brag about. Really, it's not. They're the worst team in the SoCon and it's not even close.

And nice win over Mars Hill. Glad you guys took the time to find such a challenging opponent to open the season. Why don't you just call up Gastonia High to come lose to you to pad the win total? At least LU schedules DII's by necessity. The rest of the Big South does it to make sure they get a win, since they can't get one against the Flames. :)

SumItUp
October 5th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Hey TTL, you are in the wrong place for talking smack. xlolx

WestCoastAggie
October 5th, 2009, 05:47 PM
UMass plays UD this weekend. They are 3-1 with a loss to Kansas State 21-17 and then easy wins versus URI, Albany and Stony Brook. Next 3 weeks show what they are made of: Delaware, UNH, Richmond

Thats what I thought but SOMEONE OVER ON AN MEAC MESSAGE BOARD posted this:

13 (16) Massachusetts Colonial 3-1 Lost 17-27 to Delaware xoopsx

Therefore, I retract this statement and go with my first one with the fact that UMass should be ranked higher than W&M and JMU.

justsaying
October 5th, 2009, 06:09 PM

And I would love to see G-W play the "non-scholly" Patriot League teams. You might think twice. And seriously, WCU is NOTHING to brag about. Really, it's not. They're the worst team in the SoCon and it's not even close.

And nice win over Mars Hill. Glad you guys took the time to find such a challenging opponent to open the season. Why don't you just call up Gastonia High to come lose to you to pad the win total? At least LU schedules DII's by necessity. The rest of the Big South does it to make sure they get a win, since they can't get one against the Flames. :)

Presbyterian knows how to get a win....xlolx

And lets not bring in LU's all -time record in the big south, before the 10 1-A Transfers a year, with LUs pathetic admission standards.... Maybe i'm just jealous....

Anyways

LU Wins

West Virginia Wesleyan= Seriously nothing to brag about( they probably can't beat Gastonia High)
North Carolina Central=Nothing to brag about
Lafayette=nothing to brag about

GW Wins

Mars Hill= Nothing to brag about but allot better than West Virginia Wesleyan
WCU= Nothing to brag about but will bet they can beat Lafayette
VMI= You will see come Nov 7th

Justsaying....

Your the one complaining, i'm just defending... No wins on your schedule this year, makes you hands down better than GW, Chatty, etc.

OLDLCOACH111
October 5th, 2009, 06:25 PM

Liberty 2008 Schedule First 3 games

Aug 30, 2008 North Greenville

Sep 6, 2008 Glenville State

Sep 13, 2008 Western Carolina

LU 2007 Schedule (3 of the first 5 games)

Sep 1, 2007 Tusculum

Sep 8, 2007 Shippensburg

Sep 29, 2007 St. Francis, Pa.

Doesn't Liberty knows how to pad the win total ? xreadx