---------------UNC wins 38-6

Western Carolina - off
Furman - off

Wofford's off too BTW

WestCoastAggie
October 4th, 2009, 03:03 PM
NCCU - 0
App. St. - 65

I hope you drag 'em up and down the field!

appstate38
October 4th, 2009, 06:43 PM
SoCon game of the week- THE Citadel @ Elon.

Should be a good one. Big play WR's for 2 solid teams. Bring your "A" game!

CID1990
October 4th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I'll be at the Elon game. I grew up about 20 minutes from Burlington (heh heh) so I'll go live with my folks for the weekend.

The last time I went to an Elon game was one of the NAIA national championship games in the early 80s. I think their opponent was the Pittsburgh State Gorillas or something like that.

PhoenixMan
October 4th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I'll be at the Elon game. I grew up about 20 minutes from Burlington (heh heh) so I'll go live with my folks for the weekend.

The last time I went to an Elon game was one of the NAIA national championship games in the early 80s. I think their opponent was the Pittsburgh State Gorillas or something like that.

You are correct. Pittsburg State Gorillas from Pittsburg, Kansas. Elon won 3-0 on a December day when the high temp was 26 degrees. Unusual weather for NC, but I was there and remember it well. This week will be a great game against The Citadel.

utcfan
October 4th, 2009, 07:26 PM
ASU 52 NCCU 10
UTC 21 Samford 20
Elon 38 The Citadel 24
UNC 41 Georgia Southern 14

PhoenixSupreme
October 4th, 2009, 07:32 PM
App St.--54
NCCU -- 6

Elon -- 27
Citadel -- 30
(Sorry guys, I think we stumble in this one)

Samford -- 34
Chatty -- 21

UNC -- 35
Ga. So. -- 6

phillyAPP
October 4th, 2009, 07:32 PM
You are correct. Pittsburg State Gorillas from Pittsburg, Kansas. Elon won 3-0 on a December day when the high temp was 26 degrees. Unusual weather for NC, but I was there and remember it well. This week will be a great game against The Citadel.

You should have a prom night with The Citadel, also !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It should be a great game. I wish it were on TV so I could record it.

gophoenix
October 4th, 2009, 08:35 PM
App St.--54
NCCU -- 6

Elon -- 27
Citadel -- 30
(Sorry guys, I think we stumble in this one)

Samford -- 34
Chatty -- 21

UNC -- 35
Ga. So. -- 6

I have a bad feeling too. Lembo is 1-2 against Higgins and hasn't beaten him at Elon yet.

PhoenixMan
October 4th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I have a bad feeling too. Lembo is 1-2 against Higgins and hasn't beaten him at Elon yet.

I think the defense will be better than this week against Furman, the play calling for Elon will be a little more wide open, and we win 28-17 over El Cid. Count on itxthumbsupx

ElonPride
October 5th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I have a bad feeling too. .

Same here.....

Ivytalk
October 5th, 2009, 08:44 AM
seantaylor has a real sense of humor! See poll...xcoolx:p

longtimemocfan
October 5th, 2009, 08:47 AM
NCCU- 10

App St.-45

Citadel-24

Elon- 31

Chatt-20

Samford-17

Ga. Southern-10

North Car.-21

phoenixphanatic21
October 5th, 2009, 09:15 AM

First time for everything right?

App wins big over NCCU.

Elon and Citadel sit back and watch Hudgins and Roberts put on a show. Hudgins...err Elon wins by 10.

Samford takes down Chatty in a close, low scoring game.

Carolina and GSU will be close midway through the first quarter...and then Carolina will dominate from there until late in the 4th quarter.

CID1990
October 5th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Not calling El Cid-Elon. It could be close, or it could be a runaway on either side. We have the same weapons.

Samford by 10.

UNC by at least 21.

ASU by 28.

gophoenix
October 5th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Not calling El Cid-Elon. It could be close, or it could be a runaway on either side. We have the same weapons.

Exactly how I feel. And both teams have historically won against the same basic offensive packages overall.

Woof
October 5th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Wofford's off too BTW

Mercifully !

Unfortunately, I think we need more than a week off. The Appy's come to town the following week. Staying close in that one will be a tall order for this group of young pups. Sucks, too, because I would really like to see our boys redeem themselves after last year's Halloween nightmare. Every time I think of that game, I :pumpuke:

PhoenixMan
October 5th, 2009, 10:14 AM

Samford by 10.

UNC by at least 21.

ASU by 28.

The Tarheels are so bad offensively right now I think GSU could pull an upset. I hope they doxnodx

GaSouthern
October 5th, 2009, 10:52 AM
The Tarheels are so bad offensively right now I think GSU could pull an upset. I hope they doxnodx

xthumbsupx

Thanks for the ego boost but no way it happens, we suck! xbawlingx

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 5th, 2009, 11:07 AM

The were certainly not bad offensive at the beggining of the season. Let's just hope if they do bounce back they wait until after this week.

PhoenixSupreme
October 5th, 2009, 11:56 AM
The were certainly not bad offensive at the beggining of the season. Let's just hope if they do bounce back they wait until after this week.

I'm not arguing with you that UNC has a bad offense, but they do have a very stingy defense though...

appirishmen
October 5th, 2009, 12:40 PM
App St
NCCU
im not picking a score. lets pray our d shows up. our o will put up points against them.

Elon
Citadel
just going with a gut. i think this will be a close game.

Samford
Chatty

UNC
Ga. So
UNC has looked horrible the past two weeks. i think if GSU puts a game together they can win. but im pulling for the SoCon.

CID1990
October 5th, 2009, 01:27 PM
UNC has a very good defense. Their offense is stinking up the joint right now.

When we played them, we were without both of our running backs due to injuries. That made us very one-dimensional, a la 2008. I think that if we had had all our tools we would have been able to keep them off the field a little more, thus reducing their score somewhat. Somewhere in the range of 28 points (which would still have been a loss).

Right now, GSU has a shot to be close, but I think UNC is quite upset with themselves right now and are going to be looking to lay some wood to GSU. This could play to GSU's favor if they can take advantage of UNC's emotional mistakes. Get a stop or two or a score from the offense early, and the thugs on the UNC team will start bickering.

Or, UNC could come out focused in which case it is going to be a long day for GSU.

phoenix3
October 5th, 2009, 01:41 PM
ASU - 45
NCCU - 10

Elon - 28
The Citadel - 21

UTC - 21
SU - 14

UNC - 24
GSU - 10

Millwoch
October 5th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Actually I thought they were that bad...El Cids D was just plain tired in the second half as it was very hot that day.

ericsaid
October 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM

Ahh, my dad went to Elon back in their NAIA hayday. i.e. Early 80's so thats interesting.

On the games....

App-38 NCCU-10
Elon-31 Cit-14
UNC Tarholes-45 GSU-3
Samford-24 UTC-21

ericsaid
October 5th, 2009, 02:23 PM
GSU lost to South Dakota St. by 30+ points. The game with UNC will be a blowout in UNC's favor of course.

CamelCityAppFan
October 5th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Mountain Men win big at home.

Feenicks beat El Cid in another game that is too-close-for-comfort for the Flaming Birds (wouldn't be surprised if the dogs from Chucktown pull out the win).

Sticky Feet are all over the Iggles (but I really wish the Iggles would prevail).

Choo-choos and Bamadogs-- too close to call.

T-dogs win one over U of Bye, Furples lead Bye State until late in the 4th quarter and lose to a last second field goal, in spite of calling 7 timeouts to ice the kicker.

KiddBrewer
October 5th, 2009, 03:35 PM
ASU > NCCU (52 - 10)
El Cid > Elon (34 - 28)
SAM > UTC (21 - 10)
UNC > GSU (49 - 7)

appfan2008
October 5th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I dont think asu's offense will have much trouble putting points on the board... i think well into the 40s maybe 50s... the only 2 things that keep it below that is weather or more importantly putting second teamers in early... the asu d better show up though... the tackling i saw at tc was AWFUL... we should keep these guys in the single digits but if we dont there are some SERIOUS problems on D... there may be anyway...

biggie
October 5th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Just hope App plays well, should win, but not doing a score prediction. Hope to see some backups in by end of the 3rd.

Elon 27
El Cit 17
Believe Cit will come down a little after using up everything after App. May be different if it was a week between.

Samford 20
UTC 10
Samford should dominate with Defense. How their offense fairs may be a guess.

UNC 35
GSU 14
UNC is just overpowering, even with their recent 'failness'.

SU 82
October 5th, 2009, 09:51 PM
NCCU 7 App. State 49

Chattanooga 14 Samford 17

The Citadel 28 Elon 31

Georgia Southern 7 UNC 35

eaglesixonit
October 5th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I guess this thread is as good as any for my virgin post

App St. 42 - 21

Chattanooga 28 - 26

Elon 35 - 21

UNC 27-13 would love to see the GSU upset, but not sure the offense is ready to beat a FBS defense, even if it is the Tar Heel's

MaxASU'81
October 6th, 2009, 01:55 AM
ASU over NCCU
I think Citadel is better than in the past but not the best team this weekend.
For the conference I pick Samford, for emotion I pick UTC
Ga. Southern will NOT be in this game....a week of a pissed Butch Davis will tell on the Heels! They will crush GS!

Really hate to see Wofford with an extra week to prepare for us!

OL FU
October 6th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Late to the discussion but

ASU finally wins by alot
Elon by 10 (the game ain't in Chucktown)
Sanford by 10 (the game ain't in Nooga)
UNC by (pick a number)

PhoenixMan
October 6th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I guess this thread is as good as any for my virgin post

App St. 42 - 21

Chattanooga 28 - 26

Elon 35 - 21

UNC 27-13 would love to see the GSU upset, but not sure the offense is ready to beat a FBS defense, even if it is the Tar Heel's

Welcome to AGS. The Tar Heels D is the strong point. I'm not sure they can score on GSU (or anyone else)

appmaj
October 6th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Who wins by more UNC or ASU?

PhoenixMan
October 6th, 2009, 07:51 AM
ASU over NCCU
I think Citadel is better than in the past but not the best team this weekend.
For the conference I pick Samford, for emotion I pick UTC
Ga. Southern will NOT be in this game....a week of a pissed Butch Davis will tell on the Heels! They will crush GS!

Really hate to see Wofford with an extra week to prepare for us!

Butch will be plenty pissed off this week. He is trying to build the program so he can move on to a bigger football school and make more $$. He doesn't like being second fiddle to Roy Williams

SideLine Shooter
October 6th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Butch will be plenty pissed off this week. He is trying to build the program so he can move on to a bigger football school and make more $$. He doesn't like being second fiddle to Roy Williams

That is without a doubt, The Most Intelligent Thing You Have Ever Posted on this board!xthumbsupx

elon77
October 6th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Welcome to AGS. The Tar Heels D is the strong point. I'm not sure they can score on GSU (or anyone else)

If we put up 28 on GSU, Carolina will put up more. I will be surprised if they don't.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 6th, 2009, 09:54 AM
If we put up 28 on GSU, Carolina will put up more. I will be surprised if they don't.

I guess you didn't see what their offense did versus Virginia and GT's defense which hasn't been too hot. They could always bounce back but I think we should be able to hold them under 30 the way they are playing on offense now.

PhoenixMan
October 6th, 2009, 10:07 AM

I don't know about that. 28 is a lot for the Heels. Plus, Riddle is better than Yatesxbowx

appirishmen
October 6th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I don't know about that. 28 is a lot for the Heels. Plus, Riddle is better than Yatesxbowx

I would have to agree with that......

GATA
October 6th, 2009, 12:43 PM

Riddle is INDEED better than Yates.

With that said, UNC is still WAY more talented than any team we've played so far. They are probably going to score in the 40's. I'd say GSU gets 10 points or so.

asknoquarter21
October 6th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Riddle is better than Yates???

New news to me. Yates offensive line is awful and I think that has a ton to do with it.
Riddle is a good QB, but Yates is still a better QB. Have you seen the deep ball Yates throws?

4 freshman WRs and an injury riddled offensive line is much more of the problem than Yates.

Hudgins is better that any WR Carolina has might be more accurate.

Mountaineer#96
October 6th, 2009, 03:03 PM
APP rolls..........
The Citadel dry humps to victory..........
Samford shows up...........
Carolina's defense destroys......

PhoenixMan
October 6th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Riddle is better than Yates???

New news to me. Yates offensive line is awful and I think that has a ton to do with it.
Riddle is a GREAT QB, but Yates is still a good QB. Have you seen the deep ball Yates throws?

4 freshman WRs and an injury riddled offensive line is much more of the problem than Yates.

Hudgins is better that any WR Carolina has might be more accurate.

Fixed it for you. And you are correct, I think Hudgins starts at most any school, regardless of level.

Millwoch
October 7th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Fixed it for you. And you are correct, I think Hudgins starts at most any school, regardless of level.

I agree, I can't think of one school he would not get significant PT. There are other in the conference as well, to include Roberts, Edwards and that is just the offensive side of the ball.

The Cats
October 7th, 2009, 11:15 AM
NCCU - ASU

UTC - Samford

The Citadel - Elon

GSU - UNC

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/wcar/graphics/auto/Homecoming2009.gif

ElonPride
October 7th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I agree, I can't think of one school he would not get significant PT. There are other in the conference as well, to include Roberts, Edwards and that is just the offensive side of the ball.

Roberts is probably the best all around athlete in the SoCon.

ashram
October 7th, 2009, 12:02 PM

How about East Carolina -- the school that recruited him wanted him to play defense?

gophoenix
October 7th, 2009, 12:45 PM
How about East Carolina -- the school that recruited him wanted him to play defense?

Coaches make mistakes.

Chad NKang was recruited as a fullback and played that position for a year. Probably the best coaching decision PHam made was move him to LB where he was tops in I-AA for 3 years and one of the best tacklers on the Jaguars special teams before getting a career ending injury.

It happens....

blazrdog#1
October 7th, 2009, 12:47 PM
the river rats from Choo-Choo Town!!!xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxbowxxbowx

blazrdog#1
October 7th, 2009, 12:49 PM
annihilate

PhoenixMan
October 7th, 2009, 12:56 PM

agreed. Both of those guys can play anywhere. Armanti would be a weapon at any position on offense.

GATA
October 7th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Jayson Foster played wide receiver in 2006...what a waste.

I'm glad Hudgens was moved to receiver. That guy is legit.

You've got to put your athletes in the best situation for them to succeed. Jayson Foster is never going to make it in the NFL as a wide receiver...he'd have a better shot as a running back.

PhoenixMan
October 7th, 2009, 12:58 PM

He went to ECU as the number one HS QB in the state. Rewrote the passing records. I think if ECU had just said try WR he would have been OK. When they told him he would be a linebacker, apparently, that was all it took. Thanks ECU!!

PhoenixMan
October 7th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Coaches make mistakes.

Chad NKang was recruited as a fullback and played that position for a year. Probably the best coaching decision PHam made was move him to LB where he was tops in I-AA for 3 years and one of the best tacklers on the Jaguars special teams before getting a career ending injury.

It happens....

He would have been a great FB also. Hamilton probably moved him because he feared that they would have a ground game, and then his son couldn't throw 4 picks per game. Hamilton.....he also moved Wes Pope to TE because he knew that Pope would show his boy up if he was getting QB reps. Funny how things happen....if Pope hadn't screwed up....does he start as a senior, or does freshman Scott Riddle beat him out. We shall never knowxeyebrowx

asknoquarter21
October 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Roberts is probably the best all around athlete in the SoCon.

I am gonna go with Armanti Edwards.

whoanellie
October 7th, 2009, 10:19 PM
He went to ECU as the number one HS QB in the state. Rewrote the passing records. I think if ECU had just said try WR he would have been OK. When they told him he would be a linebacker, apparently, that was all it took. Thanks ECU!! ECU if I can remember let TH play QB but made him 6 on the depth chart. so glad PHam redshirted him.

elcid96
October 8th, 2009, 04:55 AM
App by 45

Samford by 3

Citadel by 3 (1 OT)

UNC by 21

ChiefGSU275
October 8th, 2009, 05:54 AM
I have no expectations for GSU to win this week, but I would like us to at least be competitive for the first half. I am looking forward to the trip, its our one road game that my wife and I are taking this year. Her family is from North Carolina and they're a big UNC family (except her dad went to Duke lol). Anyway, I'd prefer to not have to hear it from them for the rest of my life until they play again.

Death Dealer
October 8th, 2009, 07:24 AM

He's too slow to start at most upper level BCS schools. He's lights out for sure, but speed is an issue when you get to that level of play.

Phoenixrising
October 8th, 2009, 08:58 AM
He's too slow to start at most upper level BCS schools. He's lights out for sure, but speed is an issue when you get to that level of play.

Truth be told, its not about speed. T-Mobile can move when he wants to, problem is, its only when HE wants to.

I truthfully feel that Hudgins has the potential to possibly go pro, maybe even start for a struggling squad like the Redskins or the Panthers. But he won't stand a chance unless he can change his work-effort. I've watched him all four years here at Elon and its the same thing everytime - run your route, walk back so slowly he practically missed the huddle.

But if he could just COMPLETELY dedicate himself to his team and their efforts to win, he would be an absolute steal for any professional team.

GSUhooligan
October 8th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Truth be told, its not about speed. T-Mobile can move when he wants to, problem is, its only when HE wants to.

I truthfully feel that Hudgins has the potential to possibly go pro, maybe even start for a struggling squad like the Redskins or the Panthers. But he won't stand a chance unless he can change his work-effort. I've watched him all four years here at Elon and its the same thing everytime - run your route, walk back so slowly he practically missed the huddle.

But if he could just COMPLETELY dedicate himself to his team and their efforts to win, he would be an absolute steal for any professional team.

He ran faster to the sideline to celebrate after the TD grab @ Furman than he ran during the play itself. xnonono2x

PhoenixMan
October 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM

He's not the fastest player on the field, just the most athletic most every week. The NFL is full of receivers that don't have breakaway speed. The deal is, can you get open, and can you go and get it.......he can, as you have certainly seen him do. He will play on Sundays....Sam Wyche even said it, and he's an expertxlolx

Death Dealer
October 8th, 2009, 09:57 AM
He's not the fastest player on the field, just the most athletic most every week. The NFL is full of receivers that don't have breakaway speed. The deal is, can you get open, and can you go and get it.......he can, as you have certainly seen him do. He will play on Sundays....Sam Wyche even said it, and he's an expertxlolx

I never said he wouldn't make the pros. I definitely see him going on to the pros, at least for a little while. I was simply saying based on his speed, it would be rare to find a upper echelon BCS coach willing to give him a shot. Like I said, that kid is lights out good. Some incredible hands.

GaSouthern
October 8th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I cant believe UNC is not the highest voted!

phoenix3
October 8th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I am gonna go with Armanti Edwards.

I'll stick with Roberts. AE certainly does his job better than anyone else in the SoCon, just like I feel that Hudgins does his job better than anyone in the SoCon. But pure athletic talent?

citdog
October 8th, 2009, 11:25 AM

No questions at all about Cadet Captain Andre Roberts in this respect. He shows up the earliest and stays the longest and works harder than anyone else. That's why he will be a much greater player at the next level than hudgins.

btw...

App
Samford
The Citadel
UNC

are winners this week

CharlestonAppFan
October 8th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I'll stick with Roberts. AE certainly does his job better than anyone else in the SoCon, just like I feel that Hudgins does his job better than anyone in the SoCon. But pure athletic talent?

xnodx without a doubt...have you seen him play live in person?

Saint3333
October 8th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Brian Quick is a freak athlete. He's not the best WR or football players at ASU or the SoCon, but if you're talking pure athlete he may be best. The kid played only one year of HS ball.

ASUG8
October 8th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Brian Quick is a freak athlete. He's not the best WR or football players at ASU or the SoCon, but if you're talking pure athlete he may be best. The kid played only one year of HS ball.

He annoys me dropping balls, but he's a big playmaker with his vertical - it's nice having a speedster who can go up over everybody to make impossible catches and then line up to block field goals over the D line.

If we could only get him to make the easy catches...xoopsx

JMU Newbill
October 8th, 2009, 12:40 PM
App State will win by 75 touchdowns.

asknoquarter21
October 8th, 2009, 01:07 PM
What kind of pure athletic talent are we talking about here?

The more I think about it it seems really really dumb to compare athletic talent. It could never be proved, but as far as football talent I'm gonna go with Armanti seeing as he could play any skill position very well.

Death Dealer
October 8th, 2009, 01:30 PM
What kind of pure athletic talent are we talking about here?

The more I think about it it seems really really dumb to compare athletic talent. It could never be proved, but as far as football talent I'm gonna go with Armanti seeing as he could play any skill position very well.

Any? Really? Any?xconfusedx And not just play it, but very well? xeyebrowx

Don't let's stretch it too much, eh?xrolleyesxxsmiley_wix

ericsaid
October 8th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Any? Really? Any?xconfusedx And not just play it, but very well? xeyebrowx

Don't let's stretch it too much, eh?xrolleyesxxsmiley_wix

He could! But his profile on draftscouts went from a wide reciever the past few seasons to a QB this season. Looks as if he'll get a shot a QB after all.xthumbsupx

As for App winning by 75 touchdowns, well thats just a homer pick.

JMU fans lose one game and come running to the App bandwagon.xsmhxxsmhx

GATA
October 8th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Andre Roberts isn't going to play in the NFL.

phoenix3
October 8th, 2009, 04:48 PM

WOW! that's the first time I,ve seen that posted anywhere! I'm not sure I agree. If this is true, I really have a very overinflated view of him.

citdog
October 8th, 2009, 04:52 PM

well you're the only one who doesn't think so.

CID1990
October 8th, 2009, 05:22 PM

Then why is he rated as one of the top current pro prospects in FCS football this year?

You can find him on all the scout reports. Here's a good one:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/268055-citadels-andre-roberts-soaring-on-nfl-draft-ratings-charts

A couple quotes:

While his 239 receptions in 38 games (average of 6.29 receptions per game rank 23rd in NCAA FCS history), 59.83% of his catches (143) were good for first downs. 16.74% of his grabs converted third-down plays (40) and he proved to have “Velcro” hands, dropping just six pass attempts in three-plus seasons. Despite lacking great bulk, Roberts excels at moving the chains, as 228 of his 239 catches produced positive yardage (95.40%), as he caught 73.77% of the passes targeted to him (239-of-324 tosses). On 250 potential “catchable” pass plays, he pulled down 239 of those throws (95.60%), the best percentage of any collegiate receiver in the last decade.

And another:

Roberts enters his final campaign ranked as the best offensive prospect in the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision ranks and was listed as the most underrated receiver eligible for the 2010 draft by The NFL Draft Report. Having shown his ability operating out of the team’s “Wildcat” formation, the coaching staff plans to further incorporate that alignment to take better advantage of the receiver’s athletic ability. He ranks 20th in the nation and second in the Southern Conference with an average of 79.25 yards per game receiving, as his average of 7.75 receptions per game is good for sixth nationally and second in the league.

Maybe you should stick with something you're good at, like making purty pitchers on Photoshop.

elcid03
October 8th, 2009, 05:27 PM

I think you are making a "Bold" statement for shock value state. Please state why he will not then maybe you'll have an arguement. In the mean time, take the advice of your profile location.

PhoenixSupreme
October 8th, 2009, 07:14 PM
well you're the only one who doesn't think so.

I, for one, could see him having good success with Miami, Philly, Indy, or even be an impact receiver for one of the cellar NFL teams. He would definitely be a sleeper pick for whomever decides to draft him.

phoenix3
October 8th, 2009, 07:53 PM
xnodx without a doubt...have you seen him play live in person?

Yes. 8-9 times.

GATA
October 8th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I think you are making a "Bold" statement for shock value state. Please state why he will not then maybe you'll have an arguement. In the mean time, take the advice of your profile location.

We'll see. when Andre Roberts gets drafted in the 7th round and then gets cut in training camp I'll be sure to find this thread. The guy is the next Dexter Jackson.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/856325.html

Andre Roberts is a bad person.

KiddBrewer
October 8th, 2009, 08:44 PM

i bet jerry moore, roger hughes, harold nichols, butch davis, and their respective staffs disagree with you....xcoffeex

PhoenixMan
October 8th, 2009, 08:51 PM

Unless something drastic happens, he WILL play in the NFL. Draft projections have him going no later than the 3rd round. Work ethic, hands, and world class speed (10.72 in the 100). He will get drafted.

KiddBrewer
October 8th, 2009, 08:53 PM
its more likely likely that i will play in the nfl, than that andre roberts doesnt

GATA
October 8th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Unless something drastic happens, he WILL play in the NFL. Draft projections have him going no later than the 3rd round. Work ethic, hands, and world class speed (10.72 in the 100). He will get drafted.

All I'm saying is that Andre Roberts is a bad person. You support the man if you want to. I won't condone that type of diva attitude.

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2009, 08:56 PM

who crapped in your oatmeal?xconfusedx

GATA
October 8th, 2009, 08:57 PM

I'm just saying man. Talk to the kid sometime. Bad people. Real tool bag.

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I'm just saying man. Talk to the kid sometime. Bad people. Real tool bag.

ah so there's some historyxpopcornxxpopcornx

GATA
October 8th, 2009, 09:02 PM
ah so there's some historyxpopcornxxpopcornx

exactly...I dont know where he got this reputation for being a nice guy...complete nonsense.

elcid03
October 8th, 2009, 09:09 PM
stole your prom date...i get it. now you spend all day on the internet trashing the dude. that's cool man. the reason he will not play in the nfl is because he is a bad dude and you do not like him. i'll be sure that todd mcshay and mel kiper knows about this. "hey mel, a dude named GATA says Andre Roberts is a bad dude and won't play in the nfl." "Elcid03, thank you for the tidbit. Scratch Roberts, lets draft that kid from University of Miami instead."

citdog
October 8th, 2009, 09:21 PM
All I'm saying is that Andre Roberts is a bad person. You support the man if you want to. I won't condone that type of diva attitude.

I interview that kid every week after the games and he is as fine of a young man as one could ever come across. that's probably why he didn't attend gsu....he's too good for you,

seantaylor
October 8th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Andre Roberts is a douche. He isn't half the athlete Jayson Foster is. No chance he finds a home in the NFL.

elcid03
October 8th, 2009, 10:54 PM
i hope he does as good as foster. actually, i am being totally sarcastic. i hope Cadet Roberts actually PLAYS a game in the NFL. GSU, way to keep up with your stereotype.

PhoenixSupreme
October 8th, 2009, 10:55 PM

Surely, you are not suggesting that someone who goes to a school that teaches and demands discipline and respect from its students and athletes is a bad person. If Andre Roberts had a bad personality before college, I'm fairly certain that the Citadel would have fixed that problem rather quickly and put him in place.

citdog
October 9th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Andre Roberts is a douche. He isn't half the athlete Jayson Foster is. No chance he finds a home in the NFL.

foster was too dumb to learn the playbook.....he can't spell NFL....roberts on the other hand is a 3.5GPA guy at a GOOD school.

PhoenixMan
October 9th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Surely, you are not suggesting that someone who goes to a school that teaches and demands discipline and respect from its students and athletes is a bad person. If Andre Roberts had a bad personality before college, I'm fairly certain that the Citadel would have fixed that problem rather quickly and put him in place.

You make it sound as if EVERYONE who goes to The Citadel is disciplined, respectful, and a good person? I have great respect for the place and what it's about (especially as a former Marine myself), but there are bad eggs everywhere. That being said, from what I have read and seen, Cadet Roberts is an upstanding young man in every regard. I just hope he has a bad day on Saturday....Go Phoenix!!

OL FU
October 9th, 2009, 07:49 AM
You make it sound as if EVERYONE who goes to The Citadel is respectful,...

foster was too dumb to learn the playbook.....he can't spell NFL....roberts on the other hand is a 3.5GPA guy at a GOOD school.

The answer to your commentxthumbsupx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Dawg I am looking forward those beers after the FU Citadel gamexthumbsupx

PhoenixSupreme
October 9th, 2009, 08:47 AM
You make it sound as if EVERYONE who goes to The Citadel is disciplined, respectful, and a good person? I have great respect for the place and what it's about (especially as a former Marine myself), but there are bad eggs everywhere. That being said, from what I have read and seen, Cadet Roberts is an upstanding young man in every regard. I just hope he has a bad day on Saturday....Go Phoenix!!

I wasn't saying that everyone there is a model citizen, but rather saying that the Citadel and other military schools strive to create a model citizen out of their cadets. Whether or not the cadets continue to follow those ways after graduation is up to them, but from whom I've met and what I've hear, most grads do, and I feel the Roberts is one of the good guys as well.

CID1990
October 9th, 2009, 08:50 AM

His own football team did.

GSUhooligan
October 9th, 2009, 09:16 AM
the Citadel and other military schools

lol....you grouped citadel with real military schools. Don't disgrace our academies like that. xnonono2x

elcid03
October 9th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Hey Hooligan from GSU. The Citadel produces more Marines from ROTC than any other school in the country. I have lost a dear friend from my beloved institution in the War on Terror. Do not throw disgrace and The Citadel out there like it is a turd in the punch bowl. It is a military institution. We do not claim to be an Academy, actually we pride ourselves on not being one. I will be damned if I have to read crap from someone such as yourself who has never been there or experienced it. I will not thrash your school since I have not experienced it either. You guys always have an axe to grind and that is fine, but it is a military school and we will show later this year how disciplined we are when we defeat your team.

GATA
October 9th, 2009, 09:57 AM
None of the defensive attitude from the Citadel fans is going to change the fact that Andre Roberts is a bad person. I don't even really have a problem with the Citadel itself...I think your castle in the endzone is really cute. However, Andre Roberts is a douche bag...no question. It's not really up for debate. I'm not ASKING whether he's a bad person...I'm telling you he is.

GSUhooligan
October 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Hey Hooligan from GSU. The Citadel produces more Marines from ROTC than any other school in the country. I have lost a dear friend from my beloved institution in the War on Terror. Do not throw disgrace and The Citadel out there like it is a turd in the punch bowl. It is a military institution. We do not claim to be an Academy, actually we pride ourselves on not being one. I will be damned if I have to read crap from someone such as yourself who has never been there or experienced it. I will not thrash your school since I have not experienced it either. You guys always have an axe to grind and that is fine, but it is a military school and we will show later this year how disciplined we are when we defeat your team.

Georgia Southern has a bunch of ROTC graduates as well. I thank all past and present servicemen and women, but their sacrafice and bravery has little to do with the school they attended.

I will not thrash your school since I have not experienced it either.

You're the ony citadel fan that takes that stance on this board. My comments aren't really directed at you.

straightshooter
October 9th, 2009, 10:28 AM

I think you'll find that Mr. Foster is quite intelligent. He graduated from GSU on schedule with a business degree and GPA over 3.0.

Roberts is a fine player, but he's no Jayson Foster. While I'm sure Citdog will disagree with this statement, he'll have his chance to crow when Roberts is handed the Walter Payton Award - not...

BULLDOG8180
October 9th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I think you'll find that Mr. Foster is quite intelligent. He graduated from GSU on schedule with a business degree and GPA over 3.0.

Roberts is a fine player, but he's no Jayson Foster. While I'm sure Citdog will disagree with this statement, he'll have his chance to crow when Roberts is handed the Walter Payton Award - not...

No comment on GSU.

Foster was a great college player, whether at QB, RB, or WR. However, his tool set while great in college, doesn't quite meet the needs in the NFL. Foster won the Payton Award and he deserved it. He was truly all GSU had and was a one man team.

Roberts has the tools needed for success in the NFL, and will be a better NFL player than Foster. Roberts will not win the Payton.

And GATA, you and Sean Taylor get a life and apologize to GSU for being a total embarrassment.

gophoenix
October 9th, 2009, 10:42 AM
lol....you grouped citadel with real military schools. Don't disgrace our academies like that. xnonono2x

Dude, that's pretty messed up.....

PaladinFan
October 9th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Samford can't afford a loss here. Additionally, UTC wants to prove the win against Wofford wasn't a fluke. Unless Samford can figure out how to get the ball in the endzone, I don't see them beating a rejuvinated Moc squad. UTC wins 24-13.

UNC has struggled, but GSU can't keep defensive players out of their offensive backfield. Hatcher will have to cook up some magic to stay in this one. UNC win 42-17.

Elon got an emotional win over Furman last weekend. The Citadel showed they can be a tough customer. I just think Elon's got more talent one both sides of the ball. Elon wins 34-21.

NCCU should be little match for App. App wins 42-14

CID1990
October 9th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Georgia Southern has a bunch of ROTC graduates as well. I thank all past and present servicemen and women, but their sacrafice and bravery has little to do with the school they attended.

You're the ony citadel fan that takes that stance on this board. My comments aren't really directed at you.

Dude, GSU fans on this board invite bashing like flies to fresh turds. Some of the most judgmental people posting here are GSU fans.

Give me a break.

B&G
October 9th, 2009, 02:02 PM

Foster wasn't THAT great. It only took one guy to stop him... BVG. ;)

Eaglegus2
October 9th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Dude, GSU fans on this board invite bashing like flies to fresh turds. Some of the most judgmental people posting here are GSU fans.

Give me a break.

As a GSU fan, I don't place you in the catagory of citdog. Don't place me in the catagory as other GSU posters.

Yes, I have my own thoughts concerning issues. I have worn the uniform of our military. I honor those young cadets of Citadel that choose to join our armed forces after graduation.

PaladinFan
October 9th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Foster wasn't THAT great. It only took one guy to stop him... BVG. ;)

I always thought Foster was a well spoken fella.

I still smile at the fact that the last hit Foster took from a player in a Furman uniform knocked him off his feet and spun him like a helicopter. It was some small recompense for years of him running all over the field on us.

citdog
October 9th, 2009, 08:10 PM
As a GSU fan, I don't place you in the catagory of citdog. Don't place me in the catagory as other GSU posters.

Yes, I have my own thoughts concerning issues. I have worn the uniform of our military. I honor those young cadets of THE Citadel that choose to join our armed forces after graduation.

YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF SOUTH GA CLAY EATING CRACKERS......ESPECIALLY PANSIES FROM THE FAKE MILITARY SCHOOL IN NORTH GEORGIA...