PDA

View Full Version : Texas State @ Southern Utah Game Thread

MaximumBobcat
October 3rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
Listen live @ KTSW.net

0-0 14 mins left in the 1st quarter.

MaximumBobcat
October 3rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
T-Birds up 7-0 quick. Cats are driving and lookin to tie it up just as quick. Lots of passing in this game so far.

MaximumBobcat
October 3rd, 2009, 02:38 PM
Cats score.

T-Birds score.

14-7

Screamin_Eagle174
October 3rd, 2009, 03:20 PM
24-7 at half SUU

TexasTerror
October 3rd, 2009, 03:22 PM
Wow...

Not good for the Bobcats. Going in, we knew this game would be problematic for the team.

Any update on Karrington Bush? He playing? Any other updates?

MaximumBobcat
October 3rd, 2009, 03:24 PM
i think we've had like 6 fumbles in this game. i lost count.

TexasTerror
October 3rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
Regardless of how the game ends, from the sounds of it - I'm thinking that a lot of people will have a different perception of the TXST chances of winning the SLC. Is this a repeat of last year? Seems like SUU has TXST's number...

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 3rd, 2009, 04:19 PM
Regardless of how the game ends, from the sounds of it - I'm thinking that a lot of people will have a different perception of the TXST chances of winning the SLC. Is this a repeat of last year? Seems like SUU has TXST's number...

Why? We lost to SUU last year too...and still came back to win the AQ.

Our defense is just as bad as every other SLC defense...haha. Well, maybe not Sam's...or Nicholls'

But seriously, just sounds like everything that has gone wrong for the Cats has today.

:(

TexasTerror
October 3rd, 2009, 04:21 PM

That's my point. The loss to SUU made many of Bobcat fans jump off a cliff. Your message board was calling for Wright's head, changes at this position, that position and throwing the towel in. You guys were hating left and right. All the SLC fans said there was no chance for TXST...

It's just like last year...I have a hard time discounting TXST.

MaximumBobcat
October 3rd, 2009, 04:22 PM

Just sounds like everything that has gone wrong for the Cats has today.

:(

Looks like McNeese is the fav to win the SLC now. Not much chance for an AL bid for the Cats, so we'll just have to win SLC games. Start with SELA next week.

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 3rd, 2009, 04:24 PM
That's my point. The loss to SUU made many of Bobcat fans jump off a cliff. Your message board was calling for Wright's head, changes at this position, that position and throwing the towel in. You guys were hating left and right. All the SLC fans said there was no chance for TXST...

It's just like last year...I have a hard time discounting TXST.

ah, gotcha. i just figured you were being negative.

looks like u guys are doing just fine with St. Joe's. I love the rain but seriously...I'm almost trapped into my house right now.

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
31-16 now SUU

let's end this game with some momentum...

TexasTerror
October 3rd, 2009, 04:36 PM
ah, gotcha. i just figured you were being negative.

Nope - just a trend. Though, I have a feeling you guys won't be too negative this year. Until you have your whole squad - can't jump the gun. Bush means a lot to your team.

looks like u guys are doing just fine with St. Joe's. I love the rain but seriously...I'm almost trapped into my house right now.

Must've been about an hour rain delay or so. Attendance killer. Just can't get a break!

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 3rd, 2009, 04:37 PM
...nevermind. TD SUU.

slycat
October 3rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Wow...

Not good for the Bobcats. Going in, we knew this game would be problematic for the team.

Any update on Karrington Bush? He playing? Any other updates?

Bush played and looked good. Had some big runs. He'll be good to go next week.

Two redzone turnovers killed us.

BobcatTXST04
October 3rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
While I'm not totally counting the team out and ready to jump off a cliff, I am concerned about a lot of things I've seen this year.

I already made an overly long post about it on BF.com, so I won't go into much detail on here except to say that the things that were wrong with our team in 2007, were still present in 2008, and are still present in 2009.

Our pass defense is terrible, I don't know how many times I've seen/heard a wide-open receiver catch a 15-yard pass in the last few games. We turnover the ball at least 4-5 times a game now, mostly within the 20 yard line. On top of all of this we give up way too many penalties, especially during crucial stops.

Last year, we managed to get these problems under control well enough to get the AQ from the SLC. This year, I think that the SLC as a whole is heating up while we are cooling off. At least last year, we got revved up, and got our heads in the game. Obviously, it wasn't as good as our 2005 season, but it was still a really good season.

I'm just feeling more pessimistic this year than I was last year. I hope more than anything that I am proven wrong and we go into conference play with a BANG, but right now as it stands, I see only two winnable games in conference if we continue to play as we are now.