PDA

View Full Version : UMass players arrested

YoUDeeMan
October 3rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
xeyebrowx

Bummer that people make such bad decisions.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/10/4_umass_football_players_arres.html
UMass fans....were these guys starters?

carney2
October 3rd, 2009, 08:37 AM
xeyebrowx

Bummer that people make such bad decisions.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/10/4_umass_football_players_arres.html
UMass fans....were these guys starters?

Bad decisions. Right!!

It's a lifestyle thing and is not a casual Thursday night decision. As a noted coroner once said, "Most of the people I see were involved in a lifestyle that put them at risk. They were not simply unlucky." These guys did it to themselves. Enough with the sympathy.

Maroon&White
October 3rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Shane Viveiros was a starter at SS, 19 tackles, 1 INT and 4 pass breakups. McLaughlin and Carven don't really play much, Carven even less. Mele has yet to play since transfering from Syracuse.

Sam Adams
October 3rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
hang on to passing judgment. the facts are often different from what appears initially.

smcwildcat
October 3rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
hahaha typical umass

WestCoastAggie
October 3rd, 2009, 01:09 PM
Bad decisions. Right!!

It's a lifestyle thing and is not a casual Thursday night decision. As a noted coroner once said, "Most of the people I see were involved in a lifestyle that put them at risk. They were not simply unlucky." These guys did it to themselves. Enough with the sympathy.

It's deeper than that. WAY deeper. You should feel some sympathy for them losing their chance to better themselves.

GOKATS
October 3rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
It's deeper than that. WAY deeper. You should feel some sympathy for them losing their chance to better themselves.

Yea right.......................xrolleyesx

WestCoastAggie
October 3rd, 2009, 01:46 PM
Yea right.......................xrolleyesx

:(

EmeryZach
October 3rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
Wow. This stinks. Makes us look pretty bad. Luckily for us the only player with significant playing time was Viveiros. I have tons of faith that we can fill his spot. The rest of the guys were back-ups or special teams guys.

Here's a link from our beat reporter http://www.gazettenet.com/2009/10/03...-after-arrests
This will hopefully send a message to the players and we won't have any more problems. The Amherst cops don't care who you are, they will bust you. I know all to well that Amherst cops don't let anything slide, ever. They are mostly young cops who get a kick out of busting anyone, so you really have to be careful.

Luckily this one doesn't hurt us too bad.

YoUDeeMan
October 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM

xeyebrowx

Nice to see that some people feel the need to tell others that they "should" feel a certain way. xrolleyesx

Th kids, if guilty, wasted everyone's time and effort and could negatively impact their teammates. Perhaps those are the people I might feel sympathy for...but certainly not the clowns who made the ridiculous decision to toss away a scholarship by engaging in stupid behavior.

To the UMass fans, thanks for providing the info regarding the players. It seems as though there is only one true loss of playing ability. Hopefully, your team won't be impacted much by the decisions of a few idiots. xthumbsupx

EmeryZach
October 3rd, 2009, 11:56 PM
Kumar Davis will take over Viveiros' spot and everything will be fine. We aren't losing much here. I am fine with it.

This stuff happens. You know how many kids are doing coke at this second on college campus's? I am not saying it is right, but it does happen. They will realize how stupid it was when they are older.

Hoyadestroya85
October 4th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Well, it's better than pleasuring ones self while stalking a woman in a car