PDA

View Full Version : Idaho State Does It Again!

darell1976
October 2nd, 2009, 06:48 PM
http://sloblogs.thetribunenews.com/collegebeat/2009/10/01/cal-poly-football-loses-a-home-game-for-2010/

They did it to UND now Cal Poly I think its time to blackball Idaho State since they love to go for the FBS teams and get a butt-kicking.

MplsBison
October 2nd, 2009, 07:02 PM
Why do BCS schools love to play Idaho State so much?

ISU sure is making bank off those games. I bet Georgia paid off Cal Poly too, for the buyout clause. Peanuts to them.

FargoBison
October 2nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
They have backed out on SDSU as well.

darell1976
October 2nd, 2009, 07:10 PM
Are they the new Montana? No offense Griz..

DSUrocks07
October 2nd, 2009, 08:00 PM
Cal Poly should give us a call. xcoolx

Tim James
October 2nd, 2009, 08:05 PM
Never understood how the state of Idaho is able to support 3 D1 teams.

bincitysioux
October 2nd, 2009, 08:08 PM

I thought they only had one? :o

DSUrocks07
October 2nd, 2009, 08:09 PM

No one said anything about them having to be any good. xsmiley_wix

slostang
October 2nd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Cal Poly should give us a call. xcoolx

Would love a home and home with DSU. xthumbsupx

That is the second time Idaho State has backed out on Cal Poly. They were suppose to play this year too.

kalm
October 2nd, 2009, 08:40 PM
Why get you're butt kicked at poly when Georgia will pay so much more?

uofmman1122
October 2nd, 2009, 08:46 PM
Are they the new Montana? No offense Griz..xrolleyesx

Well, since Idaho State has now backed out of more games than the Griz, maybe they're the new Idaho State.

Ronbo
October 2nd, 2009, 10:45 PM
Hold on a minute boys. ISU is on the verge of bankrupcy and very close to dropping football. The State has withdrawn much support.

Did they have a choice? How much is Cal Poly offering? Probably not even enough to cover expenses. Sign of the times. Look for programs to drop and others cutting schollies to stay alive.

slostang
October 2nd, 2009, 10:50 PM
Hold on a minute boys. ISU is on the verge of bankrupcy and very close to dropping football. The State has withdrawn much support.

Did they have a choice? How much is Cal Poly offering? Probably not even enough to cover expenses. Sign of the times. Look for programs to drop and others cutting schollies to stay alive.

No matter the reason, it still sucks. It may be business, but at some point it will become bad business if they do it to often.

IaaScribe
October 3rd, 2009, 09:11 AM
I've heard a lot of grumblings that Liberty and Cal Poly were talking about a game in SLO this year but the Mustangs weren't interested in making the return trip to Lynchburg. Anybody on that side of the country hearing anything like that?

EllsworthGriz
October 3rd, 2009, 10:19 AM
I thought they only had one? :o

There is Boise St, Idaho, and Idaho St. Two are in the FBS, and 1 is in the FCS. All are D1

darell1976
October 3rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
There is Boise St, Idaho, and Idaho St. Two are in the FBS, and 1 is in the FCS. All are D1

Only 1 should be in the FBS.

slostang
October 3rd, 2009, 11:04 AM
I've heard a lot of grumblings that Liberty and Cal Poly were talking about a game in SLO this year but the Mustangs weren't interested in making the return trip to Lynchburg. Anybody on that side of the country hearing anything like that?

From what I have heard, Cal Poly is interested in any team FCS that will sign a home and home. Problem is they have a problem with teams living up to there end of a home and home. Idaho State, Montana, McNeese State and Northwestern State are all examples. McNeese State has at least an excuse in that a Huricane wipe out Cal Poly's trip there, but Cal Poly was willing to reschedule that trip and McNeese State canceled the whole contract. Montana have bought out of trips to SLO in the past, but last year made the trip to SLO and are schedule to come back in 2102.

StrikeJMU
October 3rd, 2009, 11:12 AM
From what I have heard, Cal Poly is interested in any team FCS that will sign a home and home. Problem is they have a problem with teams living up to there end of a home and home. Idaho State, Montana, McNeese State and Northwestern State are all examples. McNeese State has at least an excuse in that a Huricane wipe out Cal Poly's trip there, but Cal Poly was willing to reschedule that trip and McNeese State canceled the whole contract. Montana have bought out of trips to SLO in the past, but last year made the trip to SLO and are schedule to come back in 2102.

2102 the earliest they have?

mlbowl
October 3rd, 2009, 02:38 PM
Are they the new Montana? No offense Griz..

Wow.....reallyxrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

1999 @ Cal Poly

2001 @ Cal Poly

2002 @ Hofstra

2003 @ Maine

2004 @ Sam Houston State

2008 @ Cal Poly

2009 @ UC Davis

...too bad we had to overcome that little million dollar athletic budget deficit thingy http://www.umt.edu/urelations/mainhall/0304/briefs.htm that was uncovered in 2004xrolleyesx...but yeah...I see your point...We always opt for the buyoutxrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

DSUrocks07
October 3rd, 2009, 04:18 PM

Seriously, ya'll should call us xcoolx

slostang
October 3rd, 2009, 04:23 PM
Seriously, ya'll should call us xcoolx

Sounds good. xnodx