PDA

View Full Version : QB Trujillo leaves San Diego team; stepfather cites school costs

CSN Log
October 1st, 2009, 03:10 PM
09-30-2009 02:59 PM

QB Trujillo leaves San Diego team; stepfather cites school costs

USD senior starting quarterback Sebastian Trujillo has left the team because he couldn’t afford the cost of attending the school, his stepfather said.

Trujillo, 23, leaves school less than a year after being named the Toreros’ offensive MVP and a first-team all-league performer for 2008.

“Under this economy, there is no way to pay for his schooling,” said Ron Trujillo, Sebastian’s stepfather. “Last year, he got complete financial aid from the school and this year he’s not able to.”

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/09/30/qb-trujillo-leaves-san-diego-team-stepfa?blog=2#more5644)

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2009, 04:11 PM
Holy cow. Say what you want about the supposed evil of football scholarships, but this sort of thing could never happen in a school with them.

Hood
October 1st, 2009, 11:26 PM
So sad that he would lose a chance at a college education due to finances.

DetroitFlyer
October 2nd, 2009, 07:14 AM
Holy cow. Say what you want about the supposed evil of football scholarships, but this sort of thing could never happen in a school with them.

Wow, how can you be so naive? His coach certainly did not back up the financial aid thing.... Do you really think that a senior, on track to graduate, and a Payton award candidate is not going to be able to find a way to stay in school? There is more to this story than we will ever know.... This dude would be gone from USD, full scholarship or not.... Yep, I'm certain that playing poorly this season and being benched two weeks ago did not factor into this decision at all....

smallcollegefbfan
October 2nd, 2009, 07:33 AM
Wow, how can you be so naive? His coach certainly did not back up the financial aid thing.... Do you really think that a senior, on track to graduate, and a Payton award candidate is not going to be able to find a way to stay in school? There is more to this story than we will ever know.... This dude would be gone from USD, full scholarship or not.... Yep, I'm certain that playing poorly this season and being benched two weeks ago did not factor into this decision at all....

Yeah I agree with you. It is not just a coincidence that he leaves right after he gets benched. Something went down between him and the coach to put him on the bench and that has more to do with it than what Mr. Trujillo is saying. I hate this for Sebastian and hope he lands somewhere for next year.

downbythebeach
October 2nd, 2009, 09:15 AM
he's done after this year, no?