PDA

View Full Version : Versus.com

KAUMASS
October 1st, 2009, 02:48 PM
FYI...

I thought you all should now that Versus.com has some decent info on all D1 teams out there. It has a great stat page for a team's next opponent side by side
and for previous opponents for the year.

Unfortunately, the Versus channel is not carried anymore by Directv. They had a spat over $ for broadcasting rights. Versus is owned by Comcast. Guess I'm going to have to settle for the UNH/Towson game on the tube on Sportsnet on Directv and 'Nova-WM on channelsurfing.net on the computer- if it is carried by channelsurfing.com.

www.versus.com

KA

darell1976
October 1st, 2009, 03:25 PM
FYI...

I thought you all should now that Versus.com has some decent info on all D1 teams out there. It has a great stat page for a team's next opponent side by side
and for previous opponents for the year.

Unfortunately, the Versus channel is not carried anymore by Directv. They had a spat over $ for broadcasting rights. Versus is owned by Comcast. Guess I'm going to have to settle for the UNH/Towson game on the tube on Sportsnet on Directv and 'Nova-WM on channelsurfing.net on the computer- if it is carried by channelsurfing.com.

www.versus.com

KA

xmadxxmadx

93henfan
October 1st, 2009, 03:35 PM
Sorry for you DirecTV guys. I watched the first half of Cornell @ Yale last week and the HD picture was phenomenal and commentators were good.

I also caught a few minutes of the second game, FAMU vs TennSt, but it wasn't full-screen HD. I guess they contracted that one out.

wideright82
October 1st, 2009, 03:55 PM
Sorry for you DirecTV guys. I watched the first half of Cornell @ Yale last week and the HD picture was phenomenal and commentators were good.

I also caught a few minutes of the second game, FAMU vs TennSt, but it wasn't full-screen HD. I guess they contracted that one out.

I am pretty sure W&M v. Villanova is not in HD as well. From what I heard Coach T and Jimmye are too old to be in HD. They just show up in standard def while everything around them is Hi def and they look ridiculous. xnodx

Dukie95
October 1st, 2009, 04:07 PM
I am pretty sure W&M v. Villanova is not in HD as well. From what I heard Coach T and Jimmye are too old to be in HD. They just show up in standard def while everything around them is Hi def and they look ridiculous. xnodx

lol

JMU games will show up in Dadgum Definition
UD games just transfer to the other channel

grizband
October 1st, 2009, 04:13 PM
This is too bad. While I have never really watched FCS football on Versus, it was a great channel to watch NHL hockey. I will still keep DirectTV though.

Gordon Shumway
October 2nd, 2009, 09:18 AM
The UNH/Towson game on CSN New England (630 on DirecTV) shows up in the guide on the HD version of the station. I have found in the past that is not always a guarantee it will be in HD, but I'll take either here in Florida.

catbob
October 2nd, 2009, 09:47 AM
I generally watch a few FCS games on Versus every year. Unfortunately they are never really great marquee matchups they have.