PDA

View Full Version : Cornell (2-0) vs. Colgate (4-0) - game thread

Go...gate
October 1st, 2009, 02:10 AM
The two FCS legs of the old "Upstate New York Big Three" (FBS Syracuse is the third one; but the designation still technically exists, since we all play each other in basketball and several other sports) will renew their fine old series in Hamilton on Saturday at 1:00.

Thoughts?

carney2
October 1st, 2009, 07:50 AM
I will be surprised and disappointed if 'gate doesn't win (despite my "upset special"pick of Cornell in the Prediction Thread), but the Raiders are getting a little more love than they've earned thus far after bulldozing their way through what has turned out to be a fairly soft schedule. If this turns out to not be a real test, they probably won't have one until Holy Cross.

Go...gate
October 1st, 2009, 11:28 AM
I will be surprised and disappointed if 'gate doesn't win (despite my "upset special"pick of Cornell in the Prediction Thread), but the Raiders are getting a little more love than they've earned thus far after bulldozing their way through what has turned out to be a fairly soft schedule. If this turns out to not be a real test, they probably won't have one until Holy Cross.

You said it well in a previous thread. The Red Raiders have kind of defeated "the halt and lame". This will be a good test, as it always is with the Big Red.

WestCoastAggie
October 1st, 2009, 12:06 PM

Seems like 'gate might be undefeated going into their game with Holy Cross. xthumbsupx

danefan
October 1st, 2009, 12:17 PM
Ahhh yes.....the Battle for Turning Stone.

Based on what I saw of Cornell vs. Yale, I expect Colgate to win this one by 2TDs. Cornell looked small and slow against Yale.

Sullivan has another big day (representing NYS Section IX!!!!) and the Red Raiders roll. Colgate is my surprise team of the year so far. I thought for sure they'd need a year to rebuild that offensive line.

the last indian
October 1st, 2009, 12:32 PM
"You said it well in a previous thread. The Red Raiders have kind of defeated "the halt and lame". This will be a good test, as it always is with the Big Red."
I don't want to jinx anyone, but have you looked at the record in recent years since Biddle has been in charge? 11 for 13 is not too shabby.

bkrownd
October 1st, 2009, 12:32 PM
I would go, but it's like 5000 miles away....

carney2
October 1st, 2009, 12:36 PM
Seems like 'gate might be undefeated going into their game with Holy Cross. xthumbsupx

As might the Cross. Consider:

Holy Cross
@ Northeastern
@ Brown
Dartmouth

Colgate
Cornell
@ Princeton
@ Georgetown

Brown may be a top 3 in the Ivy League and could be the only real hurdle that either of these teams faces twixt now and then.

Anyway, it's shaping up as the game of the year in the Patriot League.

WestCoastAggie
October 1st, 2009, 12:44 PM

Holy Cross
@ Northeastern
@ Brown
Dartmouth

Colgate
Cornell
@ Princeton
@ Georgetown

Brown may be a top 3 in the Ivy League and could be the only real hurdle that either of these teams faces twixt now and then.

Might I add that 'gate & HC should be ranked by then as well. I will feel bad for who loses, just as I will feel bad for the loser between FAMU/SCSU, because going 10-1 is a great season. xthumbsupx

crusader11
October 1st, 2009, 01:45 PM
This is looking way, way too far ahead, but let's just say Holy Cross is 11-0 and Colgate is 10-1 at season's end, or vice versa, does the 10-1 team get an at-large bid over an 8-3 or 7-4 CAA team?

danefan
October 1st, 2009, 01:50 PM
This is looking way, way too far ahead, but let's just say Holy Cross is 11-0 and Colgate is 10-1 at season's end, or vice versa, does the 10-1 team get an at-large bid over an 8-3 or 7-4 CAA team?

I highly doubt it over an 8-3 CAA team. There just won't be a strong enough win on either Colgate or Holy Cross's resume to match up with a CAA team that has 3 CAA losses and an FBS win (e.g. Richmond, Nova, UNH) or 2 CAA loses and an FBS loss (e.g UMass, JMU). Holy Cross will be relying on a win over who? Colgate over who?

And it would probably get one over a 7-4 CAA team, but then it would be competing with non-CAA teams for an at-large as well.

For example you could end up with a 9-2 FAMU or SCSU. I'm not sure what the committee would do there when comparing a 10-1 Colgate to a 9-2 FAMU with an FBS loss.

A toss-up IMO depending perhaps, unfortunately, on what the committee needs in terms of regionalization.

the last indian
October 1st, 2009, 01:59 PM
Biddle doesn't like to lose to Ivies, or anyone else for that matter, but I think he rather lose to Monmouth than an Ivy.

carney2
October 1st, 2009, 02:00 PM

Both teams would be lacking "quality wins" which factors into the selection committee's decision. Personally, I do not see the Patriot League as a two bid league this year.

WestCoastAggie
October 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Both teams would be lacking "quality wins" which factors into the selection committee's decision. Personally, I do not see the Patriot League as a two bid league this year.

Keep hope alive! on AnyGivenSaturday, anything can happen. Teams in the CAA can blow their chance opening the door for teams to "steal" an at-large spot or two.

Ivytalk
October 1st, 2009, 03:25 PM
Go, Gate!;) Soften up the Big Red for us. We get them at Ithaca next week.

danefan
October 1st, 2009, 03:34 PM
Keep hope alive! on AnyGivenSaturday, anything can happen. Teams in the CAA can blow their chance opening the door for teams to "steal" an at-large spot or two.

All of the mid-level conferences have to hope for Maine, URI, Northeastern, Hofstra and Towson to upset someone in the CAA.

crusader11
October 1st, 2009, 03:58 PM
Too bad Albany couldn't have helped out with UMASS xpeacex

Go...gate
October 1st, 2009, 04:09 PM

Colgate's OOC schedule may not be strong enough this particular year.

danefan
October 1st, 2009, 04:12 PM
Too bad Albany couldn't have helped out with UMASS xpeacex

Probably wouldn't have helped the PL because if Albany had beaten UMass, Albany would be sitting pretty for an AQ on the bridge qualification.

crusader11
October 1st, 2009, 04:43 PM
You're not in an AQ conference, you can't get in. Joking of course. And, that is a good point, with wins over 2 solid CAA teams, a close loss to GA Southern, you'd have a pretty impressive resume. At this juncture of the season, even if you run the table the quality of the NEC will drag down the resume.

danefan
October 1st, 2009, 04:45 PM
You're not in an AQ conference, you can't get in. Joking of course. And, that is a good point, with wins over 2 solid CAA teams, a close loss to GA Southern, you'd have a pretty impressive resume. At this juncture of the season, even if you run the table the quality of the NEC will drag down the resume.

I was referring to the conditional AQ the NEC and Big South had this year (2 wins over AQ teams, 8 DI wins and a ranking of 16) which would have guaranteed a playoff spot.

You're right though, there's no chance for Albany now. Unless the entire FCS world implodes.

TheValleyRaider
October 1st, 2009, 07:11 PM

Holy Cross
@ Northeastern
@ Brown
Dartmouth

Colgate
Cornell
@ Princeton
@ Georgetown

Looking at those schedules, both teams could easily stumble next week. At Brown is no picnic for HC, and Colgate has always had difficulty putting Princeton teams away, and with the short week, who knows?

Based on what I saw of Cornell vs. Yale, I expect Colgate to win this one by 2TDs. Cornell looked small and slow against Yale.

I agree. I'm not sure where the love for Cornell is coming from, especially given that outside of a trick play to open the game, their offense gained a grand total of 86 yards. It's one thing to say Colgate's schedule is weak (which it is, though I'm still hoping Monmouth and SB will have solid seasons), but I feel confident saying we should be the heavy favorites xnodx

Go...gate
October 2nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
You never know in a rivalry game.

Remise
October 2nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
Having seen (albeit on the Web) all but the Dartmouth game, I think that Colgate is a very good team -- possibly better than in 2003) that has so far only played to about 75% of its potential. Admittedly, every team (including their foes) makes mistakes, but in all three of the games I watched, mistakes or just bad luck cost the R___ Raiders 1-3 TDs. And I won't even mention the missed field goals!

I guess we shall see. It's only a six-hour drive for me to the game. Or a 15-second walk to the attic. I'll have to think this over....

TheValleyRaider
October 2nd, 2009, 01:34 PM

I don't disagree with that sentiment, but that doesn't have to mean I've been impressed with the Big Red so far this year

Better dead than red! xsmiley_wix

Ivytalk
October 2nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
I don't disagree with that sentiment, but that doesn't have to mean I've been impressed with the Big Red so far this year

Better dead than red! xsmiley_wix

Whatever happened to otto4pres?xeyebrowx

danefan
October 2nd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Whatever happened to otto4pres?xeyebrowx

Re-election bid.

otto4pres
October 2nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
Re-election bid.

Won in a landslide.

danefan
October 2nd, 2009, 03:29 PM
Won in a landslide.

Time for a username change:

OttoISprez

Go...gate
October 2nd, 2009, 03:48 PM
Won in a landslide.

Otto - how do the Big Red look this year?

otto4pres
October 2nd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Otto - how do the Big Red look this year?

If the power goes out, you may be in serious trouble.

Any word on Eachus for tomorrow?

Go...gate
October 2nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
If the power goes out, you may be in serious trouble.

Any word on Eachus for tomorrow?

Eachus out, Jordan McCord to start.

TheValleyRaider
October 2nd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Eachus out, Jordan McCord to start.

Game Notes list Eachus as McCord's backup for tomorrow

The Notes are fairly unreliable, at best, but that's usually because they don't reflect changes in the lineup until 1 week later. It's possible they'll consider giving Eachus carries depending on how the game plays out

Or Biddle is just messing with Cornell

carney2
October 2nd, 2009, 09:09 PM

Is this really a rivalry game? It is obvious that many Colgate fans think so. Is the feeling reciprocated? You really have to hate each other to have a rivalry.

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 08:33 AM
We're approximately 3 1/2 hours from kickoff at beautiful Andy Kerr Stadium in Hamilton, NY

Cornell Big Red, 2-0
at
Colgate Raiders, 4-0

Last Time Out
Cornell - W 14-12 at Yale
Colgate - W 20-12 vs Fordham

All-Time Series: Cornell 48-40-3
Streak: Colgate, 1 Win
Last Meeting: Colgate 38-22 in Ithaca

Coaches
Cornell - Jim Knowles, 6th Season, 26-26
Colgate - Dick Biddle, 14th Season, 108-49

Media Links from GoColgateRaiders.com:

Audio from TeamLine:
http://www.teamline.cc/teampage?teamcode=2007

Live Stats from Sidearm Stats:
http://www.sidearmstats.com/colgate/football/

Video from Colgate All-Access:
http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/showcase/#liveevents

Next Week
Cornell vs Harvard
Colgate at Princeton (Thursday)

Let's Go 'Gate!

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 11:15 AM
Only 1 change of note to the lineup for this week, at least according to Game Notes. Nate Eachus is listed as Jordan McCord's backup, replacing Mark Colon. This could mean a whole host of things, including nothing. If it does mean Eachus is somewhat healthy, then you could see him get a few carries sprinkled throughout the game. Of course, if he's not 100%, then Biddle may just keep him dressed on the sideline while following his usual MO of feeding the ball to the starting back all day, which would be McCord in this instance. We'll see if any news develops during pregame

Some streaks of note:
Pat Simonds has caught a TD pass in 7 consecutive games going back to last season, with 12 TD receptions total in that time
Colgate has won 12 consecutive regular season games dating back to last season

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 11:59 AM
Colgate wins the toss and defers, Cornell chooses to recieve the kickoff to open the game

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
The 92nd meeting between Colgate and Cornell is underway!

Kickoff from Colborne is a line drive into the end zone, taken by Walters, he gets a seam and gets up to the 43. 1st and 10 Big Red

Cornell 0
Colgate 0
14:50 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
Cornell picks up a 1st down, then stalls, forcing a punt. High kick is fair caught by Simonds at the 8. 1st and 10 Raiders

0-0
13:48 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
On 2nd down, Eachus comes into the game! xeekx

Only a decoy on the play, handoff faked to McCord, then Sullivan takes it for a 1st down

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
Efficient drive by the Raiders is capped off by a 34 yard run from NATE EACHUS! TOUCHDOWN! PAT from Colborne is up and GOOD!

7-0 Colgate
10:35 1st

otto4pres
October 3rd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Why did you lie to me like that?

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Kickoff from Colborne is again deep, and again Cornell gets a big return up to the 30. 1st and 10 Big Red

7-0 Colgate
10:25 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:16 PM
Ganter throws 3 incompletions, forcing a punt. High kick goes out of bounds at the 39. 1st and 10 Raiders

7-0 Colgate
9:36 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Another big drive for Colgate, big hole for McCord, TOUCHDOWN!! Colborne's PAT is up and GOOD!

14-0 Colgate
5:44 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:24 PM
Colborne's kickoff is taken at the 5, returned by Walters up to the 25. 1st and 10 Big Red

14-0 Colgate
5:40 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:31 PM
Cornell gets some momentum, driving down into Colgate territory. The drive stalls, and Cornell will attempt a 45 yard FG. The kick is up and squeezed through, GOOD

14-3 Colgate
1:34 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Kickoff from Cornell is pooched, fair caught at the 30 by an upback. 1st and 10 Raiders

14-3 Colgate
1:30 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
Colgate gets deep into Cornell territory, but the snap is FUMBLED! Recovered by Cornell at their 21. 1st and 10 Big Red

14-3 Colgate
0:59 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:36 PM
Lamont Sonds gets to Ganter for the sack on 2nd down, and the clock expires

Cornell 3
Colgate 14
End 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
Ganter throws incomplete on 3rd down to open the quarter, forcing the punt. High kick is fair caught by Schademan at the 39. 1st and 10 Raiders

14-3 Colgate
14:50 2nd

Remise
October 3rd, 2009, 12:42 PM
Anybody else having problems with the video feed as a Colgate guard is pointing at a Cornell LB?

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
Colgate uses the power to drive down, Eachus takes it inside the 1, TOUCHDOWN!!! PAT from Colborne is up and GOOD!!!

21-3 Colgate
8:47 2nd

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Anybody else having problems with the video feed as a Colgate guard is pointing at a Cornell LB?

Yeah, it's just frozen, apparently. I emailed Tech Support and they told me to open a new browser then open the video from that.

There's been a fair amount of problems with the video this year xsmhx

Kickoff from Colborne taken by Walters up to the 25 before he gets stuck by Carbone. 1st and 10 Big Red

21-3 Colgate
8:42 2nd

GateRaider63
October 3rd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Feed is down. Tech guy told me to retry in 5 minutes...

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Big plays from Cornell puts them inside the 5, Mullaney (sp?) is in, TOUCHDOWN. PAT is up and GOOD

21-10 Colgate
6:35 2nd

Remise
October 3rd, 2009, 12:54 PM
Well, if nothing else, they respond quickly to emails. I got one, too. Thanks for the in-progress AAR!

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Kickoff by Cornell taken by Jamar Brown, returned up to the 20. 1st and 10 Raiders

21-10 Colgate
6:30 2nd

Remise
October 3rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
Did you guys get the game back? I haven't, so far.

TheValleyRaider
4th and 1 upcoming near midfield for Colgate after a great catch by Schademan. Biddle calls TimeOut to think about what to do

21-10 Colgate
~3:00 2nd

TheValleyRaider
Did you guys get the game back? I haven't, so far.

Nothing yet....

GateRaider63
October 3rd, 2009, 01:03 PM
Now the tech guy says they lost internet to the video streaming box...

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 01:03 PM
Colgate will go for it, handoff to Eachus and he got it! First Down Colgate at the 45!

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Colgate has driven deeper into Cornell territory, and with a 3rd down upcoming, the Raiders take their 2nd TimeOut

21-10 Colgate
0:37 2nd

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 01:08 PM
As Colgate prepares for the play, Cornell doesn't like their alignment and takes their 1st TimeOut

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
Colgate stalls at the 12, setting up a 29 yard FG attempt for Colborne. Kick is up and GOOD! But we have a flag on the play, it'll be Running the Kicker. Colborne was hit and went down, but is helped off the field. Kick is good, penalty assessed on the kickoff

24-10 Colgate
0:04 2nd

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 01:15 PM
Goldszak's kickoff is taken by Walters deep in the end zone, returned to the 20, but that kills the clock

Cornell 10
Colgate 24
Halftime

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 01:17 PM
Really, the biggest complaint I have about the game so far is the fact the video hasn't worked. Really unfortunate how many problems there have been with that this season, given it worked so well the last 2 years....

As for the actual game itself, good showing from Colgate. The offense has been chewing up yards, the defense has held minus a few big plays, and Nate Eachus is back :D

For the 2nd half, I'd like to see the defense cut down on those big plays and the offense to not rack up the penalty yards they had on that last drive

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
Getting set for the 2nd half, a new placekicker for Colgate, potentially. The freshman Heagle took some kicks during the halftime break, so we'll see how that plays out

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 01:35 PM
Cornell to kick it off to start the 2nd half. Kick is taken by Brown, returned only up to the 15. 1st and 10 Raiders

24-10 Colgate
14:55 3rd

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 01:43 PM
Big drive to open the 2nd half, capped by a 21 yard run by Jordan McCord, TOUCHDOWN!!!! PAT coming from Heagle is up and GOOD!!!!

31-10 Colgate
9:44 3rd

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
Kickoff from Heagle is short, taken by an upback at the 20, returned to the 31. 1st and 10 Big Red

31-10 Colgate
~9:30 3rd

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 01:53 PM
4th and 4 for Cornell at the Raider 32, they're going for it, and are whistled for a False Start. So Cornell will instead punt it away. And Cornell takes another penalty with the Delay of Game, likely to give the punter 5 more yards to use. Now they finally kick, fair caught by Simonds at the 10. 1st and 10 Raiders

31-10 Colgate
4:30 3rd

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 01:59 PM
Colgate picks up another 1st down as the clock expires, they're just grinding this game out

Cornell 10
Colgate 31
End 3rd

Remise
October 3rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Hopefully ESPNU won't have any technical problems Thursday night! Are you reporting from the audio feed? I used to be happy enough with that, until I discovered ICS.

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Colgate just controlling this game, handoff to Eachus, from 9 yards out, TOUCHDOWN!!!!! PAT from Heagle is up and GOOD!!!!!

38-10
Early 4th

WestCoastAggie
October 3rd, 2009, 02:05 PM
'gate is handling a team they are supposed to handle. xthumbsupx

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:06 PM
Hopefully ESPNU won't have any technical problems Thursday night! Are you reporting from the audio feed? I used to be happy enough with that, until I discovered ICS.

Yep

The audio isn't terrible, and generally very reliable, but like you, if they're offering the video, I'm going to take it. 1 year of Colgate Football and Hockey streamed right into my apartment here in Texas? Well, if they did it, it'd be great

Heagle's kickoff is taken by Walters, returned to the 32. 1st and 10 Big Red

31-10 Colgate
14:00 4th

Remise
October 3rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
Like I said the other day, I think this team may have more power -- or at least more weapons -- than the 2003 team. I guess we will see when they meet Holy Cross.

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
Ganter goes for it all, but Nicosia gets it in the end zone, INTERCEPTION! Returned out to the 15, nice turnover for Colgate! 1st and 10 Raiders

31-10 Colgate
10:38 4th

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
Simonds' pass is high, INTERCEPTION. Returned to about the Colgate 32. 1st and 10 Big Red

First play of the drive, screen to Barbour, and there he goes, TOUCHDOWN. PAT is missed, NO GOOD!

31-16 Colgate
~9:00 4th

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:21 PM
Kickoff from Cornell is onsides, but it goes out of bounds and there's a flag thrown. Offsides on the kick, Colgate gets possession anyway at the Cornell 40. 1st and 10 Raiders

31-16 Colgate
4th Quarter

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
Colgate gets deep, but stalls on the 7. Colgate lets the play clock run down and calls TimeOut #1. 4th and 2 upcoming, we'll see what the decision is

31-16
Sometime in the 4th (no mention of the clock for a while now)

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Colgate will go for it, McCord gets what Colgate needs, 1st down at the 4

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
Sullivan keeps it for himself, TOUCHDOWN!!!!!! Personal Foul call on Simonds for some after the play shoving, will be assessed on the kickoff. PAT from Heagle is up and GOOD!!!!!!

45-16 Colgate
4th

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:31 PM
Kickoff from Heagle taken at Walters, returned to the 41. 1st and 10 Raiders

45-16 Colgate
I'd tell you what the time is, but no one's saying what it is xrolleyesx (pretty academic at this point, though)

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
Cornell goes for it on 4th down inside Colgate territory, but is stopped short. 1st and 10 Raiders, this should finish it off officially

45-16 Colgate
1:27 4th

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
Handoff to Babb, but he FUMBLES, and it's run back for a TOUCHDOWN by Cornell. PAT is up and GOOD

45-23 Colgate
0:40 4th

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:39 PM
Kickoff from Cornell is an onside attempt, and it's grabbed by Ty Henry. 1st and 10 Raiders

45-23 Colgate
0:40 4th

Remise
October 3rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Like the radio guys said, you probably won't be hearing Babb's name too many more times this season. Good game, against a team that some previously thought would be tough for the Raiders -- I am looking forward to actually watching a game, Thursday night!

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Colgate will just kneel out the clock, game over

Cornell 23
Colgate 45
Final

TheValleyRaider
October 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Good solid win. Feels nice to blow Cornell out of the water again xthumbsupx

Not much to complain about in this one. A bit sloppy with the ball at times, but some of that came when the game was more or less out of reach. You never want to give the opposition a chance to get back into it, but Colgate was in firm control throughout. Great start to the season, big road games upcoming. Quick turnaround for the Princeton game, but being on TV should be a treat. After that, Georgetown and Holy Cross to follow before returning home for a Halloween game.

Just keep your eyes on the ball, 'Gate xnodx

Ivytalk
October 3rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks for spanking those Big Red butts!xbowx We get them next week in Ithaca.

Remise
October 3rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
I think you might call this something of an understatement from Eachus, after the game: “It was hard being injured, breaking a rib, but I was eager to get back and then scoring three touchdowns, I had a better game than I expected.”

Go...gate
October 3rd, 2009, 07:08 PM
Only 5 Colgate teams have started a season 5-0 since the program's inception in 1890.

Princeton was hammered today by Columbia (OK, I was wrong about Columbia - they have a fine ballclub this year) and will probably not have Jordan Culbreath, their best RB, Thursday night. Notwithstanding, Princeton's defense, when it is word down or worn out, can keep them in games. This week could be tough.

carney2
October 3rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
This week could be tough.

You're a glass half empty kind of guy, aren't you? The only way this week is "tough" is if the 'gaters make it tough. Take care of the ball and you take care of business. This is a bad Princeton team and no amount of worrying on your part is going to change that fact.

Go...gate
October 3rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
You're a glass half empty kind of guy, aren't you? The only way this week is "tough" is if the 'gaters make it tough. Take care of the ball and you take care of business. This is a bad Princeton team and no amount of worrying on your part is going to change that fact.

Not at all, Carney2!

Unfortunately I have seen those bastards from Princeton (AFAIAC, Princeton officially sucks for the next calendar week) break Colgate's heart many times over the years, as I have seen Colgate break Princeton's. On paper it is a mismatch. Colgate's ground game is probably better than The Citadel's and Princeton is struggling on offense. But I have seen stranger things happen over many years.

BTW, you guys looked awfully good in New Haven. Congratulations.

Oh, and for the record, I want Colgate to win and decisively, as I always do when they play Princeton.

Gate84
October 3rd, 2009, 08:56 PM
Tough call on the at-large... would like to see Gate step up a bit wiht a non conf foe (FCS) to bring some cred...xchinscratchx

ngineer
October 3rd, 2009, 10:42 PM
Only 5 Colgate teams have started a season 5-0 since the program's inception in 1890.

Princeton was hammered today by Columbia (OK, I was wrong about Columbia - they have a fine ballclub this year) and will probably not have Jordan Culbreath, their best RB, Thursday night. Notwithstanding, Princeton's defense, when it is word down or worn out, can keep them in games. This week could be tough.

Sheeeet you guys should kill the Tigers. WE killed the Tigers, except on the scoreboard. Your guys know how to win. I will be surprised if you don't beat Princeton by 3 TDs. Seriously.

colorless raider
October 4th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Tough call on the at-large... would like to see Gate step up a bit wiht a non conf foe (FCS) to bring some cred...xchinscratchx

You are not alone on the subject. When and If we get scholarships you will see a wholesale change in the schedule.:)