PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-3

JALMOND
October 1st, 2009, 01:17 AM
Here we head in to the first weekend of October, time when the weather gets a little crisp. This week the Grizzlies are taking the week off, but everyone else is involved. Four conference games on the slate. Currently I am sitting at 25-1, but the games are starting to get tough. Here are my predictions. All are my predictions and all are open to discussion.

EWU @ ISU---The Eagles jumped out to a sizable lead against Sacramento State last week and coasted from there. The Bengals came out on the short end in their home opener last week against DII Central Washington. The Bengals have had a tough go so far this year while the Eagles have not done anything good or bad so far. Just as expected...EWU 34, ISU 17.

MSU @ WSU---The Bobcats defense showed some signs of life last week against Northern Colorado, and the offense did just enough. The Wildcats showed enough on both offense and defense to eke out a win at Portland State. The Wildcats have been really consistent on both sides, the Bobcats are still trying to get some life from the offense...WSU 30, MSU 10.

UNC @ NAU---The Jacks impressed a lot of people after taking Montana to overtime last week, while the Bears have shocked a lot of people with their lack of offensive productivity in their last two games. The Jacks defense has not held anyone under 34 points so far this year, but then again, they have not played anyone as offensively inept as the Bears...NAU 27, UNC 7.

Sac State @ PSU---Interesting game as the Hornets found themselves a bit behind Eastern Washington, then played them even in the second half. The Vikings rallied against Weber State to take the lead late, only to watch the Wildcats recover at the end of the game. Both offenses looked good, but what about the defenses?...PSU 52, Sac State 42.

I Bleed Purple
October 1st, 2009, 01:20 AM
I don't see how Weber is going to score thirty without a safety 'cause there's no way we're kicking three field goals.

JALMOND
October 1st, 2009, 01:25 AM
I don't see how Weber is going to score thirty without a safety 'cause there's no way we're kicking three field goals.

Weber D can get a safety on the Bobcat O, can't they?xsmiley_wix

I Bleed Purple
October 1st, 2009, 01:30 AM
Possibly.

Maybe a missed XP and one FG? That's a possibility.

EDIT: It's certainly possible.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 1st, 2009, 02:01 AM
Montana State 17 @ Weber State 31

Sac State 24 @ Portland State 35

Eastern Washington 45 @ Idaho State 17

Northern Colorado 10 @ Northern Arizona 35

technocat
October 1st, 2009, 11:56 AM
Montana State 31 @ Weber State 28

Sac State 36 @ Portland State 48

Eastern Washington 65 @ Idaho State 7

Northern Colorado 17 @ Northern Arizona 42

Screamin_Eagle174
October 1st, 2009, 12:22 PM
Montana State 31 @ Weber State 28

Sac State 36 @ Portland State 48

Eastern Washington 65 @ Idaho State 7

Northern Colorado 17 @ Northern Arizona 42

EWU putting up 65 would be impressive, but I don't think it will happen. Last week's 56 was the most put up by an Eastern team since 2001 when we creamed former BSC member Cal-State Northridge 63-35.

catbob
October 1st, 2009, 02:02 PM
EWU putting up 65 would be impressive, but I don't think it will happen. Last week's 56 was the most put up by an Eastern team since 2001 when we creamed former BSC member Cal-State Northridge 63-35.

Well if the CWU game was any indication, your defense might score 21 on its own. xlolx

technocat
October 1st, 2009, 03:02 PM

Well, I think that Sac is head and shoulders above ISU this year. Don't know what happened to that team but unless EWU just stomps on the breaks and coasts to the finish, I see this game getting way out of hand. Of course if this game is close, we may have to start wondering just how good EWU is this year....xwhistlex

EdubAlum
October 1st, 2009, 03:33 PM
i was really hoping for 60 points last week....damn

Screamin_Eagle174
October 1st, 2009, 04:25 PM
i was really hoping for 60 points last week....damn

xlolx Me too... we put in our backup QB Minnerly on 1st and goal at the 10, but he couldn't get it done. xsmhx

Screamin_Eagle174
October 1st, 2009, 04:28 PM
Well, I think that Sac is head and shoulders above ISU this year. Don't know what happened to that team but unless EWU just stomps on the breaks and coasts to the finish, I see this game getting way out of hand. Of course if this game is close, we may have to start wondering just how good EWU is this year....xwhistlex

EWU tends to play up or down to the level of competition, at least in recent years. Last year for example, a team that out-played and should've beat Colorado, shouldn't have lost to PSU or Sac State. xcoffeex

GOKATS
October 1st, 2009, 05:09 PM
Montana State 24 @ Weber State 21

Sacramento State 17 @ Portland State 35

Eastern Washington 49 @ Idaho State 14

Northern Colorado 3 @ Northern Arizona 31

Montana 0 @ BYE 0- OT

GrizFanStuckInUtah
October 1st, 2009, 08:19 PM
EWU @ ISU 49-10
MSU @ WSU 17-35
UNC @ NAU 14-28
Sac State @ PSU 24-42

wapiti
October 2nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
Montana State 17 @ Weber State 24 MSU still improving from the first two games, but not enough overtake BBQ, but this just may be MSU's only Big Sky loss this year.

Sacramento State 21 @ Portland State 35 PSU is gaining confidence after coming close to beating BBQ.

Eastern Washington 38 @ Idaho State 13 EWU takes out the startes in the 4th and ISU gets a few scores.

Northern Colorado 10 @ Northern Arizona 35 NC offense has been offensive to the NC fans, but they do manage to score at Flagstaff, but not enough.

BYE 0 @ Montana 0 and no fans showed up to watch the game @ WG. xeekx

Walkon79
October 2nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
Montana State 31 @ Weber State 17

Sac State 14 @ Portland State 35

Eastern Washington 52 @ Idaho State 3

Northern Colorado 21 @ Northern Arizona 28

Screamin_Eagle174
October 2nd, 2009, 04:52 PM
Montana State 17 @ Weber State 24 MSU still improving from the first two games, but not enough overtake BBQ, but this just may be MSU's only Big Sky loss this year.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

mlbowl
October 2nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Montana State 31 @ Weber State 17

puff puff pass!!!

CopperCat
October 3rd, 2009, 03:24 PM
MSU is coming up with some big stops so far. Weber tried to fake it twice down in the red zone and the Cats stopped them both times. Pretty interesting game.

CopperCat
October 3rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
INT in the endzone, first down for MSU!!!!

Silenoz
October 3rd, 2009, 03:40 PM
Weber screwing up a lot of opportunities early. Not sure how this game is gonna play out at this point

CopperCat
October 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
MSU making some incredibly stupid mistakes of their own. Two consecutive penalties forces a 3rd and 25, three and out for the Cats.

CopperCat
October 3rd, 2009, 03:45 PM
Weber gets a very favorable spot inside the 7, first and goal.

Fumble! MSU comes up with it at the 1.

Silenoz
October 3rd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Weber fumbles on the 2. MSU ball

wapiti
October 3rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
The on-field reporter sure has an ugly tie.

Silenoz
October 3rd, 2009, 03:58 PM
Wow

Major screw up by the corner

CopperCat
October 3rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
WTF was the corner doing there? Just great.

wapiti
October 3rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
What was the returner thinking!!!

wapiti
October 3rd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Arghh. Bobcats are making too many mistakes.

wapiti
October 3rd, 2009, 04:05 PM
Nice blocked fg by MSU

wapiti
October 3rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
BBQ has scored 4 times to MSU 2 times
Halftime
WSU 15 MSU 14

wapiti
October 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
T.Smith is good at making defense guys miss.

wapiti
October 3rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
MSU drives and scores a TD

wapiti
October 3rd, 2009, 04:41 PM
Missed xp!!!!
MSU 20 WSU 15

wapiti
October 3rd, 2009, 05:27 PM
Big Mistake by Weber with that holding.

wapiti
October 3rd, 2009, 05:28 PM
MSU 26 WSU 21 5:30 left

UNI Pike
October 3rd, 2009, 05:38 PM
What the he!! has happen to Weber ST?

Silenoz
October 3rd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Well, Montana State is no slouch..... but Weber has been hurt by turnovers and penalties

Silenoz
October 3rd, 2009, 05:41 PM
Weber 2nd and goal from the 8

1:13 left

Silenoz
October 3rd, 2009, 05:41 PM
3rd and goal from the 4 or so

Silenoz
October 3rd, 2009, 05:42 PM
Aaaaaaah, looks like it's gonna be 4th and inches

Griz aren't even involved and I'm on the edge of my seat!

Silenoz
October 3rd, 2009, 05:44 PM
MSU wins. Weber's playoff hopes are practically dead now

wapiti
October 3rd, 2009, 05:44 PM
Holy football Batman.
Bobcats Win!!!!!

GOKATS
October 3rd, 2009, 05:50 PM
Great win for the Bobcats!!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
October 3rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
Eagles movin' on up! JMU and Weber Fall!

Shellin
October 3rd, 2009, 05:59 PM
Big win for the Cats down in Ogden, congrats! Weber's playoff hopes definitely aren't dead, but they likely need to win out to make it.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 3rd, 2009, 06:06 PM
Big win for the Cats down in Ogden, congrats! Weber's playoff hopes definitely aren't dead, but they likely need to win out to make it.

They will lose to either EWU or Montana... possibly both. They're done.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 3rd, 2009, 06:21 PM
96 YARD TOUCHDOWN RUN BY TAIWAN JONES!!! THIS MAN IS RIDICULOUS!!!

cats2506
October 3rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
Eagles movin' on up! JMU and Weber Fall!

That ends in 3 weeks

Screamin_Eagle174
October 3rd, 2009, 06:27 PM
That ends in 3 weeks

We'll see about that. May I remind you, 6 in a row. Let's make it 7! xthumbsupx

cats2506
October 3rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
We'll see about that. May I remind you, 6 in a row. Let's make it 7! xthumbsupx

THAT streak ends this year, write it down

CopperCat
October 3rd, 2009, 07:34 PM
They will lose to either EWU or Montana... possibly both. They're done.

Dude, the Cats just won TWO IN A ROW ON THE ROAD. If you are going to discount them after that, I take exception to that. Now the Cats have 5 of 7 games at HOME with UM coming to town to top it off. Don't even sit there and tell us that MSU is done.xnonox

TboneCat
October 3rd, 2009, 07:39 PM
Dude, the Cats just won TWO IN A ROW ON THE ROAD. If you are going to discount them after that, I take exception to that. Now the Cats have 5 of 7 games at HOME with UM coming to town to top it off. Don't even sit there and tell us that MSU is done.xnonox

I think he was talking about Weber.

Great win for the bobcats, can't wait for the next home game.

catbob
October 3rd, 2009, 07:44 PM
UNC gets down to the 1, but can't punch it in. 28-24 NAU 4th Q.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 3rd, 2009, 08:29 PM

I was talking about Weber. Untwist the panties.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 3rd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Correct Pick
Incorrect Pick
Actual Score
(-123) = Difference between predicted and actual point spread
APSE = Average Point Spread Error

]Montana State 17 vs. Weber State 31
Montana State 26 vs. Weber State 21 (-19)

]Sac State 24 vs. Portland State 35
Sac State 31 vs. Portland State 14 (-28)

Eastern Washington 45 vs. Idaho State 17
Eastern Washington 38 vs. Idaho State 3 (-7)

Northern Colorado 10 vs. Northern Arizona 35
Northern Colorado 27 vs. Northern Arizona 35 (-17)

This week: 2-2
Last week: 4-1
Overall: 26-4
APSE this week: 17.8 pts
APSE last week: 9.6 pts
APSE overall: 12.5 pts

A couple surprising upsets this week, with MSU stopping Weber on downs to secure a win in Ogden, and Sac State rising up and shocking PSU at home in Portland. UNC certainly put a scare in NAU, but the Jacks escape as the only home team to win this week.

JALMOND
October 3rd, 2009, 08:40 PM
Here we head in to the first weekend of October, time when the weather gets a little crisp. This week the Grizzlies are taking the week off, but everyone else is involved. Four conference games on the slate. Currently I am sitting at 25-1, but the games are starting to get tough. Here are my predictions. All are my predictions and all are open to discussion.

EWU @ ISU---The Eagles jumped out to a sizable lead against Sacramento State last week and coasted from there. The Bengals came out on the short end in their home opener last week against DII Central Washington. The Bengals have had a tough go so far this year while the Eagles have not done anything good or bad so far. Just as expected...EWU 34, ISU 17.

MSU @ WSU---The Bobcats defense showed some signs of life last week against Northern Colorado, and the offense did just enough. The Wildcats showed enough on both offense and defense to eke out a win at Portland State. The Wildcats have been really consistent on both sides, the Bobcats are still trying to get some life from the offense...WSU 30, MSU 10.

UNC @ NAU---The Jacks impressed a lot of people after taking Montana to overtime last week, while the Bears have shocked a lot of people with their lack of offensive productivity in their last two games. The Jacks defense has not held anyone under 34 points so far this year, but then again, they have not played anyone as offensively inept as the Bears...NAU 27, UNC 7.

Sac State @ PSU---Interesting game as the Hornets found themselves a bit behind Eastern Washington, then played them even in the second half. The Vikings rallied against Weber State to take the lead late, only to watch the Wildcats recover at the end of the game. Both offenses looked good, but what about the defenses?...PSU 52, Sac State 42.

2-2 this week (can I get credit on the Grizzly bye week?:D) which drops me to 27-3. I did say the games are getting tough. This week the Bears found their offense, the Hornets found their defense, and the Bobcats found a way to win. Next week the same eight teams play conference games while the Grizzlies get back in action against the Great West's Cal Poly.

CopperCat
October 3rd, 2009, 10:49 PM
I was talking about Weber. Untwist the panties.

Consider it done.

EdubAlum
October 4th, 2009, 09:04 AM
i think UNC clearly has brought a good team to the table this year. While i always enough a good stomping of a crappy team, it's better for the big sky to have another competitive team.

kalm
October 4th, 2009, 10:07 AM
All of a sudden, our wins against Sac and UNC aren't looking half bad - I think they're both competitive. The remainder of our schedule is shaping up to be downright nasty though, with Weber, @ Montana, Montana State, @ an improving SUU, and @ NAU.

JALMOND
October 4th, 2009, 12:39 PM
All of a sudden, our wins against Sac and UNC aren't looking half bad - I think they're both competitive. The remainder of our schedule is shaping up to be downright nasty though, with Weber, @ Montana, Montana State, @ an improving SUU, and @ NAU.

Don't look past the Portland State game. We still have a three game winning streak against EWU and we've won with less before. Also, the game is not at Cheney but in Seattle.

Not saying we will win, but it will also be tough.

kalm
October 4th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I agree, but after losing to CWU three years ago, PSU twice in a row, and Sac last year, I don't think this coaching staff and these players will look past anyone - they've been preaching that since spring ball.

I don't think the game being played at Quest field will hurt us that bad either, it will be homecoming for a bunch of our players and staff who are from the Seattle area. And it should also help with recruiting.

JALMOND
October 4th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I agree, but after losing to CWU three years ago, PSU twice in a row, and Sac last year, I don't think this coaching staff and these players will look past anyone - they've been preaching that since spring ball.

I don't think the game being played at Quest field will hurt us that bad either, it will be homecoming for a bunch of our players and staff who are from the Seattle area. And it should also help with recruiting.

Homecoming of sorts for our players from western Washington, too. Also easier to get to Seattle (and quicker) from Portland and the Willamette Valley than to go to Cheney/Spokane. Should also help us with recruiting, too.

Not to be a pain, but Walsh also beat EWU his last year at PSU. Three game winning streak.xthumbsupx

Walkon79
October 4th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Great Win Cats!!

Poker Alan
October 5th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Watched a fair amount of this game Saturday, the 'Cats looked inspired, but I think Weber left alot on the field out there... point-wise, and, they don't seem to look as focused or motivated as last year.

CopperCat
October 5th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Watched a fair amount of this game Saturday, the 'Cats looked inspired, but I think Weber left alot on the field out there... point-wise, and, they don't seem to look as focused or motivated as last year.

Here we go with the "Weber gave away the win" garbage again.

The MSU defense is coming into its own. Their improvement has been exponential each week, while the offense's improvement has been incremental. The result is a team that is flying fast and low and nobody notices them at all, and refuses to give them any credence even after they score a big win.

EdubAlum
October 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Don't look past the Portland State game. We still have a three game winning streak against EWU and we've won with less before. Also, the game is not at Cheney but in Seattle.

Not saying we will win, but it will also be tough.

Portland State fans seem to have an extra distaste for EWU that I've never quite figured out. I think it'll be the first team to 7 touchdowns wins that game, seems to always be the case.

JALMOND
October 5th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Portland State fans seem to have an extra distaste for EWU that I've never quite figured out. I think it'll be the first team to 7 touchdowns wins that game, seems to always be the case.

EWU is the only team Glanville can beat. We have to have something to boast about, at the expense of someone else.:Dxlolxxnodx

Screamin_Eagle174
October 24th, 2009, 09:27 PM
THAT streak ends this year, write it down

Lucky for you I did write it down. 7 Straight... and so the streak continues... xthumbsupx