P Tom Mante Yale
WR Donald Jones Youngstown State

Dane96
October 1st, 2009, 08:28 AM
Where is this list coming from?

smallcollegefbfan
October 1st, 2009, 08:49 AM
Where is this list coming from?

A list I compiled based on what I have heard/seen from my sources.

Dane96
October 1st, 2009, 09:25 AM
Add Dave Nicomini of Albany to that list, OLB (likely Safety in the NFL) to that list. At least 5 teams are looking at him and before his injury a year and a half-ago...he was on the list of at least 10 more.

He is as close to 100 percent recovered as you can be.

grizband
October 1st, 2009, 10:30 AM
A list I compiled based on what I have heard/seen from my sources.
Thanks for providing this information again! You information always seems to be accurate, and I appreciate knowing which FCS players are being looked at for the NFL. My favorite on the list is Marc Mariani, a former walk-on with the Griz, who was named an All American last year.

smallcollegefbfan
October 1st, 2009, 11:22 AM
Add Dave Nicomini of Albany to that list, OLB (likely Safety in the NFL) to that list. At least 5 teams are looking at him and before his injury a year and a half-ago...he was on the list of at least 10 more.

He is as close to 100 percent recovered as you can be.

I have him on my list but I only listed the top guys. I have not seen Nicomini yet so I am hesitant to put him on until I do. Thanks for the heads up though. I will look at him for sure!

smallcollegefbfan
October 1st, 2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for providing this information again! You information always seems to be accurate, and I appreciate knowing which FCS players are being looked at for the NFL. My favorite on the list is Marc Mariani, a former walk-on with the Griz, who was named an All American last year.

Thanks for the kind words! I try to be as accurate as possible. Right now Danny Batten, Chris Carter, John Skelton, and Mike Caussin are moving up boards big time. Pat Paschall is another player to keep an eye on.

PhoenixMan
October 1st, 2009, 11:32 AM
Interesting list. I think Terrell Hudgins WR Elon has the make-up to be a successful pro. Maybe not drafted, but a preferred free agent. Nice to see him on the list!

OLDLCOACH111
October 5th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Interesting list. I think Terrell Hudgins WR Elon has the make-up to be a successful pro. Maybe not drafted, but a preferred free agent. Nice to see him on the list!

He will more than likely go to the NFL combine and show his stuff there... If he can put up some good numbers, I believe he will get drafted....

smallcollegefbfan
October 5th, 2009, 07:30 PM
He will more than likely go to the NFL combine and show his stuff there... If he can put up some good numbers, I believe he will get drafted....

Based on what I am hearing from teams I would be surprised if he went to the combine. He just doesn't have that much of a buzz despite the numbers. If I was voting on it I would like to see him in to get an accurate 40 time on him though.

citdog
October 5th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Two Cadets from The Citadel in the top 11. NICE!

smallcollegefbfan
October 5th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Two Cadets from The Citadel in the top 11. NICE!

Actually they are listed by school not ranked by overall talent. Although, One of the Cadets would be in the top 10 if it was. :)

Hoyadestroya85
October 6th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I've always felt that Brandyn Harvey has been held down by the fact that Villanova has never had a great passer at quarterback since he's been on the Main Line. This year he's finally showing his stuff though.

smallcollegefbfan
October 6th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I've always felt that Brandyn Harvey has been held down by the fact that Villanova has never had a great passer at quarterback since he's been on the Main Line. This year he's finally showing his stuff though.

I like Harvey but he just seems a bit slow. I am guessing he would run 4.65-4.70 in the 40. If he can run 4.5s then I believe he would have a real shot.

SO ILLmatic
October 6th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Scott Ravanesi (P) for SIU needs to be included in this list.

smallcollegefbfan
October 6th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Scott Ravanesi (P) for SIU needs to be included in this list.

I thought about him but really haven't seen or heard much on him from NFL people. Have NFL teams been coming through SIU much to look at him? One thing people have to remember is that punters and kickers rarely get a shot because there are so few spaces on NFL teams. Because of the limited number of spots available there are a lot of very good kickers and punters who never get a shot. I think Vanderwielen and maybe Spada are the only ones who should get a shot for sure. Then, I would say Blanchard, Ward, and Ravanesi are 50/50 shots from what I have seen so far.

SO ILLmatic
October 7th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Haven't heard of any visits by pro scouts during the games, but on the SIU radio broadcasts they have mentioned how he has garnered notices over this past Summer.

smallcollegefbfan
October 9th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Haven't heard of any visits by pro scouts during the games, but on the SIU radio broadcasts they have mentioned how he has garnered notices over this past Summer.

I watched Ravanesi and I saw why the scouts just looked at him in the spring and summer and have not mentioned his name. He lacks the hang time that they are looking for on his punts. Teams are looking for over a 5.00 and most of the times I have on him are in the 4.12-4.40 range. I doubt he will get into a camp, despite his great numbers. Really hated that because so far the only punter to wow me as far as NFL potential was the Idaho State kid and I am hoping to see one more from the FCS ranks.

Phil B
October 18th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I think your list gives short shrift of some Ivy players, notably Columbia Strong Safety, Andy Shalbrack. Kid has played in 35 games since his freshman year, over 210 tackles and 11 career picks. Smart, strong and doesn't make mistakes. Two picks this year and at least two TD saving PD's. You should see him play.

EmeryZach
October 22nd, 2009, 08:14 PM
Vlad Ducasse will be an NFL team for a long time.

Woof
October 23rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
I thought about him but really haven't seen or heard much on him from NFL people. Have NFL teams been coming through SIU much to look at him? One thing people have to remember is that punters and kickers rarely get a shot because there are so few spaces on NFL teams. Because of the limited number of spots available there are a lot of very good kickers and punters who never get a shot. I think Vanderwielen and maybe Spada are the only ones who should get a shot for sure. Then, I would say Blanchard, Ward, and Ravanesi are 50/50 shots from what I have seen so far.

Just curious, any mention of Wofford's Chris Tommie as a P/K possibility? He had knee surgery a year or so ago, but seems to be back.

eastbayaggie
October 24th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Right now Danny Batten, Chris Carter, John Skelton, and Mike Caussin are moving up boards big time.

Nice list! Since I'm obviously a UC Davis fan, what have you heard from Chris Carter?

superman7515
November 11th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Richmond kicker Andrew Howard is listed as the #17 kicker available in the draft and the #1 from FCS according to both NFLDraftScout.com and CBSSports. At #18 (2nd from FCS) is Delaware's Jon Striefsky. #24 (3rd) is listed as Justin Castellat of Norfolk State. #26 (4th) and falling is Brian Pate of William & Mary. That being said, I don't see any FCS kickers making it then, it would have to be a crazy year for 18 rookie kickers to make NFL teams. Not to mention Striefsky should not be in the NFL. There's even a kicker from Baker University of the NAIA ranked #12 and Div. 2 Midwestern State has one ranked #25. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=K&draftyear=2010&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC