PDA

View Full Version : Mo State Bears need talent on both lines

417Bear
September 30th, 2009, 11:32 PM
I really like to see TA get this team some size. It seems his o line and his d lines get pushed around way too much.

EmeryZach
September 30th, 2009, 11:55 PM
You better get a bigger line if you guys really plan on moving to FBS.

BearsCountry
October 1st, 2009, 12:42 AM
Oh brother don't tell me ShowMe is posting on here now. xmadx

EmeryZach
October 1st, 2009, 12:55 AM
Oh brother don't tell me ShowMe is posting on here now. xmadx

Who?

Midwest Bear
October 1st, 2009, 06:57 PM
I really like to see TA get this team some size. It seems his o line and his d lines get pushed around way too much.

What do you want?

74 Chojnacki, Brent OC 6-3 277 Jr.
66 Dahl, Erik OC 6-3 270 Jr.
77 Arkin, David OG 6-5 298 Jr.
71 Simmons, Travis OG 6-2 276 RSo.
67 Watts, Andrew OG 6-0 311 Sr.
65 Young, Bryan OG 6-3 253 So.
76 Aumen, Justin OL 6-5 285 Fr.
64 Hahn, Kyle OL 6-7 300 Fr.
68 Kutter, Kurt OL 6-3 275 Fr.
78 Duron, Jacob OT 6-5 326 Jr.
79 Mayberry, John OT 6-5 280 Sr.
63 Menke, Harrison OT 6-4 263 RFr.
75 Shapel, Robert OT 6-4 300 Jr.
70 Thompson, Charlie OT 6-5 254 So.

ncbears
October 1st, 2009, 07:16 PM
You better get a bigger line if you guys really plan on moving to FBS.

They're planning on moving to FBS?

Chi Panther
October 1st, 2009, 07:18 PM
Bear fans....here is how it is...

UNI fans love TA. He did soo many great things at UNI. However, he is full of finesse. UNI always had above avg defense, good special teams, very good passing, but below avg rushing. TA never had a team who could run the ball in the playoffs.

I'm blown away by the different type of team Farley puts on the field compared to TA. Farley puts a team on the field that is almost always the more physical team. This was not the case with TA....

MSUBear42
October 1st, 2009, 07:30 PM

Dear God... GO AWAY YOU FREAKING MORON! YOU MAKE A L L MSU FANS LOOK BAD!

MSUBear42
October 1st, 2009, 07:32 PM
Who?

This illiterate M O R O N who's been kicked off my board about 20 times throughout the last 2 seasons.

Pant8her
October 1st, 2009, 09:25 PM
Bear fans....here is how it is...

UNI fans love TA. He did soo many great things at UNI. However, he is full of finesse. UNI always had above avg defense, good special teams, very good passing, but below avg rushing. TA never had a team who could run the ball in the playoffs.

I'm blown away by the different type of team Farley puts on the field compared to TA. Farley puts a team on the field that is almost always the more physical team. This was not the case with TA....

IIRC some of the Dr. Victory (UNI -Hall of Fame) days aka Darell Mudra (Salukis-got thier NC from him)xbawlingx days, we had Carl Boyd (UNI -Hall of Fame). He was small but very agile. If he had not broken his leg in the playoffs UNI would likely have a NC. He also had Erol Peebles, Mike Smith a decent QB (UNI -Hall of Fame)
I am not saying that it was finesse, but it was a combination of skills that he put together. TA studied and he appeared to have learned well from his master, because we had won or tied the GFC/MVFC seven years in a row. That is saying a lot. TA has one of the most winning records for UNI as a football coach.

Considering he had to build MSU's team from scratch, he is doing ok, not great. But consider the competition for good football student/athelete in the state of Missouri. With the U of Missouri doing well, Ok St U and Ok U not too far away, O can only imagine how difficult it can be, especially with out a history of a good football program.

However, IMHO if the program does not win at least five games the MSU within the next year (2010) should seriously look at where they need the program to go and get the big name coach. If they are expecting to go to next level (FBS).

Thanks and MGBY
Peace

EmeryZach
October 1st, 2009, 10:14 PM
They're planning on moving to FBS?

That's what I had heard. Am I wrong Bear's fans?

ValleyChamp
October 1st, 2009, 10:25 PM
They have a destiny of sun belt glory.

Western_101
October 1st, 2009, 10:42 PM
This illiterate M O R O N who's been kicked off my board about 20 times throughout the last 2 seasons.

Which board is your board?

MSUBear42
October 1st, 2009, 11:13 PM
Which board is your board?

MSUBearNation.com

And yes, Emery, that is true, BUT we would never (and HAVE never) accept a move to the Sun belt.

Western_101
October 2nd, 2009, 12:14 AM
All this conjecture with some Bears fans that moving up to FBS will solve all problems I disagree with.

I think cultivating a culture of winning football will do wonders to bolster up the MSU football fanbase.

EmeryZach
October 2nd, 2009, 12:17 AM
MSUBearNation.com

And yes, Emery, that is true, BUT we would never (and HAVE never) accept a move to the Sun belt.

So are you guys looking at Conference USA and the MAC?

MSUBear42
October 2nd, 2009, 06:04 AM
C*USA is the one most mentioned.

And this isn't really just a pipe dream, people within the athletics department have heard about it, as well.

I-AA Fan
October 2nd, 2009, 08:08 AM
IIRC some of the Dr. Victory (UNI -Hall of Fame) days aka Darell Mudra (Salukis-got thier NC from him)xbawlingx days...

It took a former Penguin coach to give SIU their title ... Rey Dempsey. YSU's chief rival then was Geneva college, which was where Rey was coach. He replaced Dike Beede, at YSU, in 1973. Then DI "came calling" & he went ...very talented guy. Then SIU moved down to I-AA & won a title under him. Then IA came calling once again, so he moved up and became HC at Memphis. Nice career.

To me, Mudra was most known as a Leatherneck ...although he was also HC at IA = Arizona, Florida State; I-AA = EIU, and UNI, DII = NDSU. I think his teams in Montreal (CFL) won the title twice. A little known but fantastic coach. Unfortunately he left us too early with cancer. He is Mr Gateway, because he was HC at three different Gateway schools ...WIU, UNI, and EIU.

Pantherpower
October 3rd, 2009, 07:53 AM
It took a former Penguin coach to give SIU their title ... Rey Dempsey. YSU's chief rival then was Geneva college, which was where Rey was coach. He replaced Dike Beede, at YSU, in 1973. Then DI "came calling" & he went ...very talented guy. Then SIU moved down to I-AA & won a title under him. Then IA came calling once again, so he moved up and became HC at Memphis. Nice career.

To me, Mudra was most known as a Leatherneck ...although he was also HC at IA = Arizona, Florida State; I-AA = EIU, and UNI, DII = NDSU. I think his teams in Montreal (CFL) won the title twice. A little known but fantastic coach. Unfortunately he left us too early with cancer. He is Mr Gateway, because he was HC at three different Gateway schools ...WIU, UNI, and EIU.

Whoa, boss. Dr. Victory is still with us. True, he's had some health battles, but he's still living.

Western_101
October 3rd, 2009, 02:23 PM
yeah, I was wondering about that too. I didn't think Mudra was as of yet among the deceased legends.

MSUBear42
October 3rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
Bears get a HUGE win today on the road at YSU! GO BEARS!

First ever win for MSU in Youngstown.

ValleyChamp
October 3rd, 2009, 08:21 PM
Bears get a HUGE win today on the road at YSU! GO BEARS!

First ever win for MSU in Youngstown.

Really? Thats amazing that its never happend before.

Congrats on the good win. I thought YSU was going to be better this year.

417Bear
October 3rd, 2009, 10:04 PM
Yeah it was a nice win by the Bears. Ysu has really slipped last few years as FCS power. Little concerned about Kirby play at Qb this year.

417Bear
October 3rd, 2009, 10:05 PM
MSUBearNation.com

Yeah if you disagree with him he kick you off. Nothing the Bears do is wrong.

417Bear
October 3rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
What do you want?

74 Chojnacki, Brent OC 6-3 277 Jr.
66 Dahl, Erik OC 6-3 270 Jr.
77 Arkin, David OG 6-5 298 Jr.
71 Simmons, Travis OG 6-2 276 RSo.
67 Watts, Andrew OG 6-0 311 Sr.
65 Young, Bryan OG 6-3 253 So.
76 Aumen, Justin OL 6-5 285 Fr.
64 Hahn, Kyle OL 6-7 300 Fr.
68 Kutter, Kurt OL 6-3 275 Fr.
78 Duron, Jacob OT 6-5 326 Jr.
79 Mayberry, John OT 6-5 280 Sr.
63 Menke, Harrison OT 6-4 263 RFr.
75 Shapel, Robert OT 6-4 300 Jr.
70 Thompson, Charlie OT 6-5 254 So.

After watching a lot of Bear games this year they seem to struggle to knock guys off the ball. Maybe next few years a better breed of o line men will be in S town.