PDA

View Full Version : Toman is still the #1 at UNH

smcwildcat
September 30th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I was suprised no one really mentioned Toman getting hurt and missing most of the 2nd half on sat.
We all know decker can get the job done and im very gald he is our backup but toman is our main man hands down

WrenFGun
September 30th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Not that I don't agree, but....where's the evidence? Has it come out in the papers?

UNHFootballAlum
September 30th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Toman is in a boot and did not practice today. He is day to day. Coach Mac hopes that he can play on Saturday. www.NHFOOTBALLREPORT.com

Proud Griz Man
September 30th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Is this the Orange County, California kid?

I think I met his Dad at a sports bar. Good guy.

When University of New Hampshire coach Sean McDonnell directed traffic during practice Wednesday, he did so not knowing who his team's starting quarterback will be in Saturday's Colonial Athletic Association opener at Towson.

Starting QB R.J. Toman suffered a sprained toe (truf toe) during Saturday's 44-14 victory over Dartmouth and was replaced by sophomore Kevin Decker early in the third quarter.

"He's in a boot, that's all I can tell you right now," McDonnell said when asked about Toman. "His foot was really swollen, and his foot was really black and blue. It's gonna be a day-by-day thing.

"He's a tough kid and pain's not the issue with him. I think he'll fight through any pain he can, but he's real limited in his movement right now. I'm hoping he's there (Saturday), but I can't tell you right now. Hopefully he can do something (in practice) Thursday and Friday."

UNH (3-0) and Towson (1-2) will play at Towson's Unitas Stadium The opening kickoff is scheduled for 3;30 p.m.

Houndawg
October 1st, 2009, 02:02 AM

Might be, Toman and Kackert are both CA boys.

UNHFan99
October 1st, 2009, 05:29 AM
I dont think we will know anything until Saturday.

smcwildcat
October 1st, 2009, 11:26 AM
im not too worried until nova comes to town...not to look ahead

Wildcat80
October 1st, 2009, 11:47 AM
This is why Decker came back. its his week to star. just do it!

UNHFootballAlum
October 1st, 2009, 12:23 PM

Yes, Toman is from Orange County. He was the back up QB to Mark Sanchez in HS

WSBE
October 3rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
I agree...we might know a lot more today. One reason I'm excited to watch the game at 3:30. I posted my thoughts on Decker on the UNH message board...but bottom line (for me) is he was spectacular last week, albeit against Dartmouth. The offense clicked immediatly & he made the receivers pop. His legs were a weapon I was not aware of & he is fundamentally sound. The kid can play. There was electricity on every play & he looked like a big time winner. That said, Toman had a great year last year & he is the leader/starter on this team. After all he was the projected CAA offensive player of the year. If Decker looks great again today....I almost think it will be a bad thing for the looming Villanova game assuming Toman gets healthy. Similar to what John Madden said about RBs - I think if you have 2 QBs, you have none. We'll see. I was struggling with why the offense wasn't clcking this year so I looked at Toman stats for the last 5 games - including UNI, SIU, & UMaine from last year...St.Francis & Ball State from this year -70 of 132 (53%), 6 TDs, 11 INTS, average 186 yards. Thats pretty bad. Believe me, I want Toman to be the man...but if I could quote another famous figure (Parcells) - "you are what you are"

Houndawg
October 3rd, 2009, 11:11 AM
I agree...we might know a lot more today. One reason I'm excited to watch the game at 3:30. I posted my thoughts on Decker on the UNH message board...but bottom line (for me) is he was spectacular last week, albeit against Dartmouth. The offense clicked immediatly & he made the receivers pop. His legs were a weapon I was not aware of & he is fundamentally sound. The kid can play. There was electricity on every play & he looked like a big time winner. That said, Toman had a great year last year & he is the leader/starter on this team. After all he was the projected CAA offensive player of the year. If Decker looks great again today....I almost think it will be a bad thing for the looming Villanova game assuming Toman gets healthy. Similar to what John Madden said about RBs - I think if you have 2 QBs, you have none. We'll see. I was struggling with why the offense wasn't clcking this year so I looked at Toman stats for the last 5 games - including UNI, SIU, & UMaine from last year...St.Francis & Ball State from this year -70 of 132 (53%), 6 TDs, 11 INTS, average 186 yards. Thats pretty bad. Believe me, I want Toman to be the man...but if I could quote another famous figure (Parcells) - "you are what you are"

I've only seen Toman once, in last year's playoff game and I thought he was OK but nothing special, during that game. He had decent yardage but the UNH offense only put up one TD. SIU is kind of in the same boat QB-wise, we've got a backup chomping at the bit who if given a chance to play may be real hard to sit down.

crusader11
October 3rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
We'll see. I was struggling with why the offense wasn't clcking this year so I looked at Toman stats for the last 5 games - including UNI, SIU, & UMaine from last year...St.Francis & Ball State from this year -70 of 132 (53%), 6 TDs, 11 INTS, average 186 yards. Thats pretty bad. Believe me, I want Toman to be the man...but if I could quote another famous figure (Parcells) - "you are what you are"

Someone else seems to agree with me.