PDA

View Full Version : Scott Van Pelt Show Today 9/30/09 - Cornell at Colgate

EmeryZach
September 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
He has Colgate and Cornell helmets sitting on his desk today on ESPN2 (3:00PM).

Said the schools sent them in. They are trying to convince him to make it is College Road Trip game this week.

He will probably talk about the match-up, so tune in right now to check it out. ESPN2.

Franks Tanks
September 30th, 2009, 02:07 PM
He has Colgate and Cornell helmets sitting on his desk today on ESPN2 (3:00PM).

Said the schools sent them in. They are trying to convince him to make it is College Road Trip game this week.

He will probably talk about the match-up, so tune in right now to check it out. ESPN2.

FCS teams should do a lot more of this-- Kudos for being proactive here

WestCoastAggie
September 30th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I like Cornell.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 30th, 2009, 03:04 PM
xthumbsupx

Love hearing about this too. A bitter rivalry - now, just come up with a snappy nickname!!

Personally, I like calling in the "white-out" ;)

danefan
September 30th, 2009, 03:14 PM
The Battle for Turning Stone

EmeryZach
September 30th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I want to know if College Game Day is going to step up this year and go to a big FCS match up (and not an IVY game). It would be an absolute pleasure to rag on Kirk Herbstreit in person.

This weekend would have been perfect with W&M and Nova, but sadly they are going to BC to do a story on the kid with cancer. I mean I understand what they are doing and everything, and that's all nice, but it would have been nice to have seen them show up at the W&M/Nova game.

Thumper 76
September 30th, 2009, 04:31 PM
If SDSU and UNI manage to stay undefeated I would say they should come to Brookings, because that will be a HUGE matchup, if only we had a newer stadium :(.

HoyaMetanoia
September 30th, 2009, 04:38 PM
There is no national interest in 1-AA football outside of the Ivies, and even that interest isn't solely for football.

Eight Legger
September 30th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Some enterprising W&M fans have started petitioning ESPN to bring GameDay to UR Stadium Nov. 21 for what very well could be a game that decides the winner of the CAA South, possibly which team receives a seed in the playoffs, with perhaps the potential that one team will end up undefeated. It of course will also be the last regular season game at UR Stadium and a meeting of the two teams that have the oldest rivalry in the South, and one of the oldest in the nation.

Some of us have joined the effort, which is obviously a longshot, but hey, it doesn't hurt to try!

EmeryZach
September 30th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Some enterprising W&M fans have started petitioning ESPN to bring GameDay to UR Stadium Nov. 21 for what very well could be a game that decides the winner of the CAA South, possibly which team receives a seed in the playoffs, with perhaps the potential that one team will end up undefeated. It of course will also be the last regular season game at UR Stadium and a meeting of the two teams that have the oldest rivalry in the South, and one of the oldest in the nation.

Some of us have joined the effort, which is obviously a longshot, but hey, it doesn't hurt to try!

That's awesome! I hope it happens.

The people at UMass need to use their many connections at ESPN to make it happen in Amherst next year!

bullseye44
October 1st, 2009, 11:25 AM

How can I join the effort?