PDA

View Full Version : CSN Inside The OVC: Top Teams Collide

CSN-info
September 30th, 2009, 01:38 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/INSIDETHEOVC.JPG

CSN Inside The OVC: Top Teams Collide
By James D. Horne, CSN Inside the OVC Columnist

Two first-place teams facing each other and the resumption of the Sgt. York Trophy series – plus the start of Jacksonville State’s “Ruin It For Everyone” campaign – highlight the action in the OVC this week.

There’s no question that the game between No. 18 Eastern Kentucky at No. 23 Eastern Illinois is the “Game of the Week” in the league.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/09/30/csn-inside-the-ovc-top-teams-collide?blog=5)

Bam
September 30th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I hope Mr. Horne is perfect again this week. Woooo!

TTUEagles
September 30th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I hope Mr. Horne is perfect again this week. Woooo!

Except for one game: APSU @ TTU. Last two years, TTU has lost by 3...They are much better than those years...I'm serious when I say that I'll be shocked if Tech loses this week.
EKU wins close
Jax St by 2 scores over UT-M
SEMO over TSU
Just my opinion - have not really seen any other OVC team play besides TTU and EKU - just going by results so far (Jax St. seems to be REALLY good).

JSU02
September 30th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Jax State by only 2 points, AT HOME? Has he seen this year's team play yet? More like by 20, AT LEAST! xlolxxlolxxlolx

ekufbfan
September 30th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I think this weekend will give us an idea of who will get the auto bid.
JSU over UTM (by at least 2 TD's, I think JSU probably has the strongest team in the OVC, with RP and the other transfers they brought in, maybe a litttle too tuff for UTM to beat, in fact it could get ugly!)

EKU at EIU I think we can win this one, but so can EIU. Offense has to kick it up a notch for us to win. We have the defense to handle the game, IF our offense can move the ball better and put some points on the board. We won't stop EIU from scoring, but our defense has been strong, we can't however, rely on them to win the game. EKU OFFENSE playing like they did against IU is the key for an EKU win! Need a big game out of the QB. If Pryor is the man, we need him to connect on some of those tosses that were just off the hands of his receivers last week.

If JSU beats UTM, the winner of the EKU-EIU game has the conf championship to lose.

GO EKU!!!

TTUEagles
September 30th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Jax State by only 2 points, AT HOME? Has he seen this year's team play yet? More like by 20, AT LEAST! xlolxxlolxxlolx

I wrote 2 scores, not two points...

JaxSinfonian
September 30th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I wrote 2 scores, not two points...

I think he's referring to James Horne's prediction of a 30-28 Jax State victory.

TTUEagles
September 30th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Then, I'm wrong, sorry...At any rate, I think JSU wins..how's that? :)

JaxSinfonian
September 30th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Then, I'm wrong, sorry...At any rate, I think JSU wins..how's that? :)

Works for me!

Bam
October 1st, 2009, 09:46 AM
EKU by 10 & JSU wins at home by 14.

TTUEagles
October 1st, 2009, 10:15 AM
EKU by 10 & JSU wins at home by 14.

I can see both of those predictions holding true...I'll add that SEMO wins by 10 at LP Field against TSU ( I think they are really down and SEMO much improved ). And...I'll be so bold in saying that TTU wins by a TD at home over the GOVS. Anybody else have a thought on SEMO/TSU and APSU/TTU ?

Bam
October 1st, 2009, 10:37 AM
I read that TSU has some injuries at critical areas, but I still give them the edge. If your QB is healthy, I say TTU by 7.

TTUEagles
October 1st, 2009, 10:46 AM
QB is healthy and played 3 qtrs against K-State last week. TTU's top 2 RB's should be back after missing K-State game with minor injuries...Starting RT missed KSU game as well (ankle) and should play, too.

(like anyone here cares...but, I'm humoring myself - tough to be a TTU fan)

JSU02
October 1st, 2009, 11:06 AM
This will be Jax State's closest FCS game yet, I say Gamecocks by 21.

Bam
October 1st, 2009, 11:12 AM
This will be Jax State's closest FCS game yet, I say Gamecocks by 21.

Agreed, UTM has some weapons & should be a good game.

hawkeye
October 1st, 2009, 08:01 PM
Will be close. UTM by 3. Looking forward to visiting JSU facility.

Redbirdz
October 1st, 2009, 08:14 PM
Jacksonville State will win by at least two or three TDs. I noticed where the UTM coach said it will be decided in the 4th quarter. I say it will be over in the third. There are two or three early round NFL draft picks on this team.

EKU05
October 1st, 2009, 08:21 PM
I'm nervous about this one, but I'll hang my hat on the fact that EIU is almost going to have to beat us with a one-dimensional offense. I believe their running game has been quite poor and we're 6th nationally in run defense. While there's still a lot of football to play it does seem likely that the winner of this game has the conference to lose. UTM hasn't been nearly as strong as I thought they would be, but I'm not counting them out either.

Cocky
October 1st, 2009, 09:01 PM
I'll tell who won Saturday night.
JSU will have the talent but that doesn't mean you win.

JaxSinfonian
October 2nd, 2009, 07:32 AM
I'm guessing 35-21 Jax State.

I hope you enjoy the visit, Hawkeye (minus the game, of course). I'm happy to provide dining, driving or other local suggestions. The gameday experience may be a bit out of whack with all the construction, so please bear with us.

hawkeye
October 2nd, 2009, 09:59 AM
I'm guessing 35-21 Jax State.

I hope you enjoy the visit, Hawkeye (minus the game, of course). I'm happy to provide dining, driving or other local suggestions. The gameday experience may be a bit out of whack with all the construction, so please bear with us.

Thanks! Where would you recommend lunch? Should arrive around 11am. By the way, stadium photos look awsome. xthumbsupx

JSU02
October 2nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
What route are you taking to Jacksonville?

BBQ and Ribs : Cooter Browns HWY 204

Italian : Effinas Tuscan Grill, Pelham Rd @ Mountain Street

Incredible Variety of Hot Dogs: B F DAWGS http://www.bfdawgs.com/

Wings/American : Jefferson's on Pelham Rd or Struts on Mountain Street

hawkeye
October 2nd, 2009, 11:27 AM
What route are you taking to Jacksonville?

BBQ and Ribs : Cooter Browns HWY 204

Italian : Effinas Tuscan Grill, Pelham Rd @ Mountain Street

Incredible Variety of Hot Dogs: B F DAWGS http://www.bfdawgs.com/

Wings/American : Jefferson's on Pelham Rd or Struts on Mountain Street

Sorry for the late reply JSU02-Trying to work and schedule gameday. I will be coming from Jackson, MS through Birmingham to Anniston and up Hwy 21. Jeffersons sounds good. Will check with crew on other establishments. Weather should be great tomorrow. :)

JSU02
October 2nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Cool. It will be on your right, just past Walgreens. Make sure you are decked out in SkyHawk attire :)

Cocky
October 2nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
Jefferson's is expanding to Oxford, also.
If you are staying the night Damn Yankees in Anniston is good.
If you just want a burger The Rocket is on the right past the University Inn.

JSU02
October 2nd, 2009, 02:47 PM
wow, so now jacksonville, gadsden, oxford, albertville, and that random place in kansas. Cool

hawkeye
October 2nd, 2009, 03:07 PM

I saw that as well Cocky. May try that after the game. Of course I may not be in the mood to eat after the game if PR runs up and down the field. It could be 3 shots of whiskey and some headache medicine for me. xlolx thanks

Cocky
October 2nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
wow, so now jacksonville, gadsden, oxford, albertville, and that random place in kansas. Cool

Is there still one in Rome, GA?

JSU02
October 2nd, 2009, 05:06 PM
Actually yes, there is also one in Brentwood, TN and Belleville, IL. I'm impressed. I wonder if they all have dollar bills on the walls?

http://www.jeffersonsrestaurant.com/jeffersons_002.htm

TTUEagles
October 2nd, 2009, 08:10 PM

Damn Yankees the band? With Ted Nugent and Geraldine, Alabama's Damon Johnson? I'm so there! Or, are you talking about some restaurant?

JSU02
October 2nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
LOL, its a restaurant.

FCS_Fan
October 2nd, 2009, 09:05 PM
I think this weekend will give us an idea of who will get the auto bid.
JSU over UTM (by at least 2 TD's, I think JSU probably has the strongest team in the OVC, with RP and the other transfers they brought in, maybe a litttle too tuff for UTM to beat, in fact it could get ugly!)

EKU at EIU I think we can win this one, but so can EIU. Offense has to kick it up a notch for us to win. We have the defense to handle the game, IF our offense can move the ball better and put some points on the board. We won't stop EIU from scoring, but our defense has been strong, we can't however, rely on them to win the game. EKU OFFENSE playing like they did against IU is the key for an EKU win! Need a big game out of the QB. If Pryor is the man, we need him to connect on some of those tosses that were just off the hands of his receivers last week.

If JSU beats UTM, the winner of the EKU-EIU game has the conf championship to lose.

GO EKU!!!

They will be missing Trey Fairchild in the WR corp this week, he had been getting alot more time and is a playmaking threat, but was seen in a walking boot this week and I heard he did not make the trip.

JaxSinfonian
October 2nd, 2009, 10:06 PM
I saw that as well Cocky. May try that after the game. Of course I may not be in the mood to eat after the game if PR runs up and down the field. It could be 3 shots of whiskey and some headache medicine for me. xlolx thanks

Then you'll want Cooter Brown's (great beer selection, too) or Pelham's Bar, on the Square in the middle of town, just down from the bookstore.

EDIT:
As long as we're sharing links, check out http://www.cootersribs.com. I gotta endorse the Coot; the kitchen manager is a tailgating buddy of mine!

Cocky
October 2nd, 2009, 10:25 PM
Ever notice, lots of JSU threads turn into food talk.

JSU02
October 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM
mmmMMMmmm I love me some Cooter's. I hate they closed the one in Gadsden, it actually had decent seating :(