View Full Version : A 'breakdown' of the Elon-Furman game

phoenixphanatic21
September 30th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I say 'breakdown' because it's real basic stuff, but hey, it's a start right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLZFFtQjeZM

whoanellie
September 30th, 2009, 02:03 PM
man those guys sure sound smart!!!

PaladinFan
September 30th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Where are they from, South Boston?

I appreciate the commentary outside of the dude not even being close on the pronunciation of "Sorrells." It makes me gag a little every time I hear that if Furman beats Elon it is a "big upset." What has the world come to?

ElonPride
September 30th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Where are they from, South Boston?

I appreciate the commentary outside of the dude not even being close on the pronunciation of "Sorrells." It makes me gag a little every time I hear that if Furman beats Elon it is a "big upset." What has the world come to?

It's come full circle! Elon is getting back to it's storied history, the Detroit Lions win a game, dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA!!! xsmiley_wix

ASU_MBA
September 30th, 2009, 03:05 PM
It's come full circle! Elon is getting back to it's storied history, the Detroit Lions win a game, dogs and cats living together, MASS HYSTERIA!!! xsmiley_wix

and Western Carolina wins a game......oh wait... nevermind xsmiley_wix

CID1990
September 30th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Overheard in my daughter's bedroom last night:

Dear God, please look out for all the mommys and the daddys and the doggies. Please bless my mommy and daddy, and the dog. Please bless gramma and grandpa, and tell them I can't wait to see them next week.

P.S. God, can you please send Elon their yearly meltdown early this year so they'll stop crowing all over AGS?

Amen.

elon77
September 30th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Overheard in my daughter's bedroom last night:

Dear God, please look out for all the mommys and the daddys and the doggies. Please bless my mommy and daddy, and the dog. Please bless gramma and grandpa, and tell them I can't wait to see them next week.

P.S. God, can you please send Elon their yearly meltdown early this year so they'll stop crowing all over AGS?

Amen.

Surprised she didn't pray for the Citadel to be within 35 points this weekend!

CID1990
September 30th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Surprised she didn't pray for the Citadel to be within 35 points this weekend!

She prays for the inevitable, not the improbable.

elon77
October 1st, 2009, 07:15 AM
She prays for the inevitable, not the improbable.

I like that. Here's to The Citadel upsetting the Hillbillies.xbeerchugx

PaladinFan
October 1st, 2009, 08:17 AM
1. Furman winning at home over Elon = major upset.

2. a fan of The Citadel hoping Furman will win a football game.

What has the world come to?

whoanellie
October 1st, 2009, 11:07 AM
"for the times they are a changing"' woody guthrie? pete seegar?

odds have Elon a point underdog.

Zeus69
October 1st, 2009, 11:30 AM
I hear Elon is looking pretty good this year, what happened against Wake? I would take Elon in this game because I think that they could win the SOCON this year.

PhoenixMan
October 1st, 2009, 11:36 AM
I hear Elon is looking pretty good this year, what happened against Wake? I would take Elon in this game because I think that they could win the SOCON this year.

What happened against Wake? 1) a lot of talk about an Elon upset pissed Wake off enough to take it up a notch 2) Wake was bigger, stronger, faster up front, as most FBS schools will be 3) Elon played a poor game, dropped several key passes. And, the official tripped Elon's FS on a ball that looked like a sure pick, and it ended up being a Wake TD. The last one sounds like a homer statement, but anyone who was there can tell you that's how it happened.

Skjellyfetti
October 1st, 2009, 11:43 AM

FAIL. xsmhx

OL FU
October 1st, 2009, 11:59 AM

xrolleyesxBob Dylanxrolleyesx:p

elon77
October 1st, 2009, 12:00 PM
What happened against Wake? 1) a lot of talk about an Elon upset pissed Wake off enough to take it up a notch 2) Wake was bigger, stronger, faster up front, as most FBS schools will be 3) Elon played a poor game, dropped several key passes. And, the official tripped Elon's FS on a ball that looked like a sure pick, and it ended up being a Wake TD. The last one sounds like a homer statement, but anyone who was there can tell you that's how it happened.

That is very true, the official did trip the Elon defender and then laughted about it, that pi$$ed me off. But that was only 7 points so 28-7 isn't much better. The fumble was a big turning point since it was deep in Wake territory, we score and they would not have so it would have been 21-14. The dropped passes , one which was a slant and he was wide opened and probably would have scored so it should have been 21-21. Heck we should have won that dang game.xlolxxlolxxlolx

CID1990
October 1st, 2009, 01:27 PM
1. Furman winning at home over Elon = major upset.

2. a fan of The Citadel hoping Furman will win a football game.

What has the world come to?

I generally root for the 'other' oldest member of the SoCon against all the johnny-come-latelies.

phoenixphanatic21
October 1st, 2009, 02:15 PM

Please don't remind me about that. xsplatx I haven't been that ticked off over something in a LONG time. Ref didn't even make an effort to get out of the way.

Phoenixrising
October 1st, 2009, 02:29 PM
Please don't remind me about that. xsplatx I haven't been that ticked off over something in a LONG time. Ref didn't even make an effort to get out of the way.

Ref wasn't even looking at the players, he was looking at the ball... if he wanted to watch that part of the game he should have been in the crowd or on the sideline...

AppSt.09
October 1st, 2009, 06:25 PM

I was there (with my best friend from Elon), I saw no such thing but I was on the hill so I might not have had a good enough angle

matfu
October 1st, 2009, 07:08 PM
That is very true, the official did trip the Elon defender and then laughted about it, that pi$$ed me off. But that was only 7 points so 28-7 isn't much better. The fumble was a big turning point since it was deep in Wake territory, we score and they would not have so it would have been 21-14. The dropped passes , one which was a slant and he was wide opened and probably would have scored so it should have been 21-21. Heck we should have won that dang game.xlolxxlolxxlolx

YOU SHOULD HAVE WON BY 100....lol. No seriously it sounds like it could have been much closer.

Reign of Terrier
October 1st, 2009, 08:36 PM

as stated before the Artist was Bob Dylan and the lyric you are referring to is "OH the times they are a changing"

Skjellyfetti
October 1st, 2009, 09:12 PM
and the lyric you are referring to is "OH the times they are a changing"

FAIL. xsmhx

GreatAppSt
October 1st, 2009, 09:17 PM

FAIL. xsmhx

as stated before the Artist was Bob Dylan and the lyric you are referring to is "OH the times they are a changing"

FAIL. xsmhx

xlolx

Elon Fightin' Christians
October 1st, 2009, 11:04 PM

I wasn't there but did watch on the computer. The play where the ref tripped our DB was the next play right after the fumble that was ruled down by contact. It was 14-0 at the time. So in two plays we went from getting the ball at the Wake 40yrd line with a chance to cut the score to 14-7 before the half to being down 21-0. Even the Wake TV announcers commented how the first play was clearly a fumble, and they joked about the ref knocking down our player and leaving their WR wide open for a long TD pass.

With that said, I don't think those two plays changed the outcome, but the score may have been closer. Wake was clearly a better team.

ASU_MBA
October 2nd, 2009, 02:11 AM
GO FURMAN!!

SideLine Shooter
October 2nd, 2009, 08:48 AM
GO FURMAN!!

xthumbsupxxnodxxthumbsupxxnodx

xbeerchugxxbabycryxxshakingmadxxhypedxxprost2x

OL FU
October 2nd, 2009, 09:16 AM

Dylan is a little hard to understand but take it from someone who has developed an ear for Dylan pronunciation.

It is "for the times they are a-changin'"xsmiley_wix

Elon Fightin' Christians
October 2nd, 2009, 09:22 AM
Good article about Hudgins in today's Raleigh News & Observer:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/121948.html

SCPALADIN
October 2nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
GO FURMAN!!

xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx
xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

PaladinFan
October 2nd, 2009, 12:38 PM
GO FURMAN!!

It's been a couple years since the fan base has been this jazzed about a homegame. I'm expecting a pretty decent Furman showing on family weekend.

Game, I think, is on sports south, so most of you can catch it.

ElonPride
October 2nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
Here's to a good, injury free game! Cheers....

phoenixphanatic21
October 3rd, 2009, 01:41 AM
12 hours and 19 minutes til kickoff!