PDA

View Full Version : Toreros HC Looking for I-A Job?

TexasTerror
December 14th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Word from the Rice Univ message boards is that University of San Diego Toreros head coach Jim Harbaugh is interviewing this week for the Rice job. What's the word from our mid-major friends in San Diego? I know we have that one guy that posts here a lot. Is Harbaugh looking at some other jobs that you fellas know about?

FYI, Sonny Dykes (one-time HC at Texas Tech) is reportedly also interviewing at Rice this week...

jmuroller
December 14th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Word from the Rice Univ message boards is that University of San Diego Toreros head coach Jim Harbaugh is interviewing this week for the Rice job. What's the word from our mid-major friends in San Diego? I know we have that one guy that posts here a lot. Is Harbaugh looking at some other jobs that you fellas know about?

FYI, Sonny Dykes (one-time HC at Texas Tech) is reportedly also interviewing at Rice this week...

Sonny Dykes is Spike Dykes son. Spike was HC at Texas Tech and Sonny was OC.

Marcus Garvey
December 14th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Sonny Dykes is Spike Dykes son. Spike was HC at Texas Tech and Sonny was OC.

That would be an absolute disaster were Sonny Dykes to become head coach. I'm assuming he'd install a similar offense to the one he ran in Lubbock, which will never fly at Rice. He'll never be able to recuit the talent to run it effectively, not even in Conf. USA. Of course, if he's open-minded about what kind of offense to run, then "disaster" is overstating it.

JALMOND
December 14th, 2005, 04:26 PM
I heard a rumor last week that had Harbaugh going to stay in San Diego and be the new coach at San Diego State. I did not put much stock into it, but now I don't know.

Marcus Garvey
December 14th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I heard a rumor last week that had Harbaugh going to stay in San Diego and be the new coach at San Diego State. I did not put much stock into it, but now I don't know.

If I were SDSU, I'd be pursuing Neuheisel. He's a good fit for the job, and he might not get another shot at a college job, so he'd seriously consider it. Of course, I'd have a tight leash on him too. Old Dogs and new tricks and all that....