PDA

View Full Version : Trujillo leaves San Diego

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2009, 05:30 PM
San Diego, CA (Sports Network) - San Diego senior quarterback Sebastian Trujillo, one of the 20 candidates on the Walter Payton Award list, has left the program, a spokesman for the university announced on Tuesday.

The spokesman said that Trujillo had left for "personal reasons" and is expected to withdraw from the university as well.

More (http://sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/newstest.aspx?id=4257178)

Anybody know why?

danefan
September 29th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I heard from SmallCollegeFootballfan that it was a financial aid issue, but this withdrawl came less than 1 week after he got benched against Marist, so you be the judge.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 29th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I heard from SmallCollegeFootballfan that it was a financial aid issue, but this withdrawl came less than 1 week after he got benched against Marist, so you be the judge.

Wouldn't he be on scholarship though?

Big Al
September 29th, 2009, 05:51 PM

Not at USD.

danefan
September 29th, 2009, 05:52 PM

San Diego is non-scholarship, but I'm sure he was getting some kind of academicand/or need-based aid. Probably doesn't make up the entire $50,000 a year bill though.

I tend to think it has more to do with being benched for a freshman, but that's just speculation on my part.

siuham
September 29th, 2009, 09:44 PM
San Diego is non-scholarship, but I'm sure he was getting some kind of academicand/or need-based aid. Probably doesn't make up the entire $50,000 a year bill though.

I tend to think it has more to do with being benched for a freshman, but that's just speculation on my part.

The latter may be what broke him. If you feel like you're only going to college to play football, then paying to sit on the bench probably isn't his idea of a good use of money.

Or he's just throwing a temper tantrum, taking his ball and going home.

EmeryZach
September 29th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Wow. That is pretty shocking. You have to feel bad for a kid when stuff like this happens.