PDA

View Full Version : Big weekend for the SWAC, in Jackson, Dallas, and Indy

SU Jag
September 28th, 2009, 09:12 PM
This will be one of the biggest weekends for the SWAC with three good match-ups between heated rivals. 1st is the Circle City Classic @ Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy between in-state rivals Alabama A&M and Tuskegee. Last year the Golden Tigers beat AAMU in Indy. 2nd, we have the State Fair Classic @ the Cotton Bowl in Dallas between Prairie View and Grambling State. PV will be looking forward to end a two decade + losing streak to GSU in the Classic. 3rd we have the match-up known as the Boom/Box Classic in Jackson between Southern and Jackson State. Jackson State is trying to get their 1st win of the year. Each of these games will give the cities a HUGE economic boost as all three of them are expected to have crowds over 50,000.

txstatebobcat
September 28th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Any tv for the Prairie View vs Grambling game? that looks like it should be a pretty good game.

SU Jag
September 28th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Any tv for the Prairie View vs Grambling game? that looks like it should be a pretty good game.

Im not sure, i will check for you though>xthumbsupx

813Jag
September 29th, 2009, 08:14 AM
This will be one of the biggest weekends for the SWAC with three good match-ups between heated rivals. 1st is the Circle City Classic @ Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy between in-state rivals Alabama A&M and Tuskegee. Last year the Golden Tigers beat AAMU in Indy. 2nd, we have the State Fair Classic @ the Cotton Bowl in Dallas between Prairie View and Grambling State. PV will be looking forward to end a two decade + losing streak to GSU in the Classic. 3rd we have the match-up known as the Boom/Box Classic in Jackson between Southern and Jackson State. Jackson State is trying to get their 1st win of the year. Each of these games will give the cities a HUGE economic boost as all three of them are expected to have crowds over 50,000.
xnonoxxnonox That game doesn't need a name and it should be in Baton Rouge where it belongs. I don't think 50,000 will be in Baton Rouge. Lots of people say they won't go.

mikebigg
September 29th, 2009, 08:29 AM
xnonoxxnonox That game doesn't need a name and it should be in Baton Rouge where it belongs. I don't think 50,000 will be in Baton Rouge. Lots of people say they won't go.

I'm sure you meant Jackson... Also, I expect fans to go anyway. This is such a rivalry game, maybe not as many as the usual, but most of your fans aren't concerned about making a statement...it's a short weekend getaway. Plus you know the diehard jags are licking their chops because JSU is winless so far.

813Jag
September 29th, 2009, 08:33 AM
I'm sure you meant Jackson... Also, I expect fans to go anyway. This is such a rivalry game, maybe not as many as the usual, but most of your fans aren't concerned about making a statement...it's a short weekend getaway. Plus you know the diehard jags are licking their chops because JSU is winless so far.
my bad. xlolx meant to say the game should be in Baton Rouge. I know people will go but I will still be surprised at 50,000. I don't know how JSU will turn out.

txstatebobcat
September 29th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Im not sure, i will check for you though>xthumbsupx

thanks, I really appreciate it.

jstate83
September 29th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Kelly Bilbo, Manager,
Communications & Public Relations
(601) 960-1891, ext 310 or [email protected]
DATE: September 17, 2009
RELEASE: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Jackson, Mississippi Offering Special SWAC Football Room Rates

Jackson, Mississippi — Football fans traveling to Jackson, Mississippi, to watch their favorite college team on the gridiron will win big when looking for a place to stay in the City with Soul.

Book a stay at any participating hotel property in conjunction with any SWAC game and receive a special SWAC Room Rate:

Best Value Inn & Suites – I-55 North ($50 King/$60 Double)
Comfort Inn North – I-55 North ($89.95)
Comfort Inn Southwest – Greenway Drive ($69.99)
Courtyard by Marriott – ($115 with one game ticket stub or $135 with two game ticket stubs)
Hampton Inn North – Briarwood Drive ($89)
Hampton Inn & Suites – High Street & I-55 ($99 – $129)
Hilton Jackson – County Line Road ($109 – $129)
Holiday Inn Express – High Street & I-55 ($129)
Jackson Marriott – Downtown ($99)
Roberts Walthall – Downtown ($89)
Sleep Inn Southwest – Highway 80 West ($65.99)

“The Jackson Convention & Visitors Bureau (JCVB) has worked in conjunction with local hotels to offer affordable room rates for those visiting for football games,” said Shun Hatten, Vice-President of Sales with the JCVB. “We want Jackson visitors to have one less thing to worry about while enjoying their favorite team in action.”

For more information about the Jackson Convention & Visitors Bureau, call 601-960-1891 or visit www.visitjackson.com.

SU Jag
September 29th, 2009, 06:33 PM

The Nation will be there in full-effect!