PDA

View Full Version : UND broadcasts go nationwide, Fox College Sports to carry Sioux telecasts

W. DeMontague
September 28th, 2009, 08:19 PM
http://www.fightingsioux.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=204803554

Thunderstruck84
September 28th, 2009, 09:17 PM
That's excellent news for UND. Unfortunately no one is going to be carrying Sioux broadcasts after Thursday.

darell1976
September 28th, 2009, 10:26 PM
The excellent new for UND. Unfortunately no one is going to be carrying Sioux broadcasts after Thursday.

Actually it looks like UND is getting the Oct. 1st deadline moved to Oct. 15th...stay tuned. As for the UND broadcasts. For us that have Directv we can now see Sioux sports. HOORAY!!!!!!xthumbsupx

bincitysioux
September 29th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Very big announcement. Can't hurt with recruiting, or the search for a permanent conference home for all of our sports. A nice bargaining chip I would think. The release says that 50 Million+ homes get Fox Collegs Sports.........

LakesBison
September 29th, 2009, 01:17 AM
only people with DIRECT TV AND buying the sports package gets that, how many people do you know with the $59/package is gonna spring for $15 more to make it $74/month. about 1200 people.

darell1976
September 29th, 2009, 08:10 AM
only people with DIRECT TV AND buying the sports package gets that, how many people do you know with the $59/package is gonna spring for $15 more to make it $74/month. about 1200 people.

I will be one of them!!xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
September 29th, 2009, 08:12 AM

You would jump on it if it was the Bison xoopsx

dlsiouxfan
September 29th, 2009, 06:24 PM
You can actually get it in the Cities with Comcast for only $7.99 a month. It's included with their sports package that you most likely already have if you payed for the sports tier that includes the NFL network.

SDFS
September 29th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Yep, just picked up the extended sports package for $7.99 - plus, I got the first 6 months free and my triple play price reduced by $25.00.. a very nice deal..

Yote 53
September 29th, 2009, 07:40 PM
The FCS package is on cable provider Mediacom's sports pack here in South Dakota. Already DVR'd the game so I can watch the Coyotes buttwhipping of the Sioux on Saturday over and over.

darell1976
September 29th, 2009, 10:22 PM
The FCS package is on cable provider Mediacom's sports pack here in South Dakota. Already DVR'd the game so I can watch the Coyotes buttwhipping of the Sioux on Saturday over and over.

Must be for your PS3 game or something since the real game on Saturday will NOT be a buttwhipping by the Coyotes.xlolxxsmiley_wix

Yote 53
September 29th, 2009, 10:35 PM
After Saturday you'll have something else in common with your NDSU brethren...a 1-3 record. xlolx

SD4ever
September 29th, 2009, 11:24 PM
So I checked the DirecTV channel guide for Saturday afternoon and I don't see anything listed for this game. So what's up? Please enlighten me!

Go South Dakota! Go Coyotes!

Twentysix
September 30th, 2009, 01:10 AM
So i couldnt figure out how the hell they got this deal, then i watched the video.

They agreed to Hockey and UND stipulated the rest?

Grats UND really good press.

Still 3 National FB games, congrats....nameless team...

pcola
September 30th, 2009, 07:17 AM
The "yeah, but we got hockey" joke told by the NDSU folks doesn't seem quite as funny any more, does it?

Faison has done a nice job since he became AD. Well done, Brian.

GO SIOUX!!!!!

darell1976
September 30th, 2009, 07:39 AM
The "yeah, but we got hockey" joke told by the NDSU folks doesn't seem quite as funny any more, does it?

GO SIOUX!!!!!

Since i guess we can't get a game on KVLY like NDSU i guess we will settle with FCS!!

Gil Dobie
September 30th, 2009, 08:11 AM

GO SIOUX!!!!!

I'm still laughing at the "yeah, but we got hockey" joke. xlolx xlolx xlolx

Doesn't take away from the nice job by Faison though.

darell1976
September 30th, 2009, 08:54 AM

GO SIOUX!!!!!

UND went through a few bad AD's before Faison came on board now UND has went to D1, scheduled big name teams (Texas Tech, Montana..etc), scored a big time TV deal he is definately looking into the future. Make you think what is up his sleeves for other sports like basketball and baseball (a new stadium for baseball maybe?). This is a great time in UND sports (minus the nickname debate).

DaveK
September 30th, 2009, 10:29 AM

GO SIOUX!!!!!

Was that joke ever funny? I don't think it was.

DaveK
September 30th, 2009, 10:31 AM
So I checked the DirecTV channel guide for Saturday afternoon and I don't see anything listed for this game. So what's up? Please enlighten me!

Go South Dakota! Go Coyotes!

Hopefully it'll be on DirecTV 617, the FCS alternate feed. I still haven't figured out exactly how they go about determining which FCS broadcasts get aired on that channel.

MplsBison
September 30th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Hopefully it'll be on DirecTV 617, the FCS alternate feed. I still haven't figured out exactly how they go about determining which FCS broadcasts get aired on that channel.

I have an idea...

http://images.hayneedle.com/mgen/article:QualityDartBoard.jpg

darell1976
September 30th, 2009, 11:55 AM

I emailed Directv to see if they know i heard 617 and on Siouxsports.com i heard 623 which is the Big 10 Alternate so i don't think thats right. I guess MplsBison could be right.

W. DeMontague
October 2nd, 2009, 12:03 PM
http://www.fightingsioux.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=204805893

Looks like it'll be channel 623 on DirecTV. Although my guide still does not show anything showing for 4PM Central on that channel, I'm setting up two Manual Records on my to do list for channel 623 (standard definition) and 623-1 (HD) in case they only show it in standard definition although I'd prefer HD (most likely will be upconverted if shown in HD).