PDA

View Full Version : JSU and Chatt

Phoenixalltheway
September 28th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Why aren't they eligible for the FCS postseason?

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2009, 06:05 PM
If I am not mistaken, they got hit hard by APR-related issues. Attempted to file a waiver and to no avail.

Eastern Washington is presently ineligible for the playoffs barring any waiver process playing out.

danefan
September 28th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Chatty is ineligible too?

JSU02
September 28th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Correct

I'd love for JSU and Nooga to work out an APR bowl for this December :)

Phoenixalltheway
September 28th, 2009, 07:25 PM
what is apr mean? im a soph at elon and dont really know all the processes of fcs football yet

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 28th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I think in layman's terms: "They need to get their grades up".

utcfan
September 28th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Grades and graduation rate need to imrpove. Under Allison a lot of players with talent and "issues" came into the program. Many left with grade problems and never graduated.

The last two years Allison tried to do something--progress was made, but the damage was done. APR=academic progress rate--is a 4 year average I believe. We were not making much much academic progress.

UTC lost 4 hours of practice time (16 total per week), 6 scholarships and no playoffs.

Some of the punishments should be lifted after this year as we should have a good academic year--Huesman will not tolerate academic issues. Might be 2 years before all sanctions are lifted.

We are now "under new management" and moving forward.

JSU02
September 28th, 2009, 09:16 PM
what is apr mean? im a soph at elon and dont really know all the processes of fcs football yet

Did you try googleing it? If not i'd start there xreadx

I think in layman's terms: "They need to get their grades up".

Actually "grades" are up, this years team has an APR of 950.
Our APR penalty is a historic penalty, meaning that because the coach cut players who weren't doing there share several years ago and those players quit school, it gave us a low APR. Since it is an average over 4 years, and this is the 1st year such a severe penalty was phased into place, it caused this year's team to pay for their mistakes by not being able to make the playoffs. Thats sounds fair, doesn't it? Well at least the NCAA thinks so. xnonono2x

chattanoogamocs
September 28th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Of course, it's not just grades...

It is also retention and progress towards graduation.

(you could have a kid make the dean's list, but if he leaves the team or doesn't take enough hours, you still take hits)

Chattanooga's grades aren't that bad...it was a combination of running off players and taking chances on kids that didn't last more than a year. The current Mocs are paying for the sins of a team from 3-4 years ago.

The past AD and coaching staff put Chattanooga in a gigantic hole...no excuses from the current AD and staff though...you take your punishment and clean up the mess.

Huesman was hired as much for his academic plan as he was for his game plan.

Cocky
September 28th, 2009, 09:47 PM
We had one who graduated but quit grad school and it the same hit as failing to get a BS.

Phoenixalltheway
September 28th, 2009, 11:41 PM
so basically jsu and chatt recruit thugs, cuz that would never happen at elon

chattanoogamocs
September 29th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Dang...and to think I actually wasted my time answering your question.

Phoenixalltheway
September 29th, 2009, 08:56 AM
SO, basically theyre a bunch of thugs. stuff like that would never happen at elon

gophoenix
September 29th, 2009, 09:00 AM
SO, basically theyre a bunch of thugs. stuff like that would never happen at elon

Uh, no, it could happen anywhere. When a coaching change happens, players leave. Some leave for good, that hits the APR. It could happen anywhere, it doesn't mean anyone is thugs or trash, though it could.

elon77
September 29th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Uh, no, it could happen anywhere. When a coaching change happens, players leave. Some leave for good, that hits the APR. It could happen anywhere, it doesn't mean anyone is thugs or trash, though it could.

If you don't study at Elon, phoenixalltheway, you could flunk out and we know since you are at Elon you are not a thug.

Saint3333
September 29th, 2009, 09:24 AM

Biggest understatement since the creation of this board...xcoffeex

elon77
September 29th, 2009, 10:05 AM

xbangx

JaxSinfonian
September 29th, 2009, 12:20 PM

Wow. Nice.

Who do you mean by "they?" The players who left, thus earning the program the punishment, or the players who are still there working hard, left with nothing to play for but a good record, some poll position and an education?

gophoenix
September 29th, 2009, 01:20 PM

Seriously, read a bit before spouting off at the mouth.... I understand un-dieing support, and I understand a good bit of smack, but come on man. You're killing us.

ashram
September 29th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Phoenixalltheway is now representative to me of all Elon fans and no one can convince me otherwise. :D

elon77
September 29th, 2009, 03:18 PM
xeekx

AppMan
September 29th, 2009, 06:00 PM

You stirring up trouble again? I don't know who you are in more hot water with, the guys at UCLA or Burlington State.