PDA

View Full Version : SLC guys -- SFA

Prominentwon
September 28th, 2009, 04:24 PM
So what are we looking at with these guys this year? Jeremy Moses is slinging it around like there's no tomorrow.

They just dropped 65 on a team that beat Northwestern St. by a touchdown and are averaging 57 ppg.

Who lit the fire under their asses and will they be able to hold out the rest of the year this way?

Opinions?

DSUrocks07
September 28th, 2009, 04:32 PM
We'll know for sure in two weeks xwhistlex

BEAR
September 28th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Good question. Since entering the SLC, all I've heard is how bad SFA is. I for one am glad to see them doing so well. I wish them luck the rest of the year, but I'm not sure they can keep that pace! But if they are half that or more, say in the 30s in scoring per game and have a decent defense, they could very well be contenders for the SLC. Good luck to them the rest of the year, except when they play the Bears! xlolx

darell1976
September 28th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I wish we had an offense like SFA. We got handed too big time, hopefully we can invite them up to Grand Forks in the future.

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I think the CSN Southland writer is covering this in his column this week...

Either way, we all knew it came down to Moses having success (which he did, but not with this TD:INT ratio) and now, we also have the emergence of a running game. Amazing, eh?

There's a thread about this on the AGS Poll forum as well...

SM_Bobcat
September 29th, 2009, 11:10 AM
So what are we looking at with these guys this year? Jeremy Moses is slinging it around like there's no tomorrow.

They just dropped 65 on a team that beat Northwestern St. by a touchdown and are averaging 57 ppg.

Who lit the fire under their asses and will they be able to hold out the rest of the year this way?

Opinions?

Looking at the stats of the games, SFA did hang 65 on North Dakota, and while North Dakota did beat Northwestern by 7, if you look at the stats of the game, it is amazing that Northwestern didn't win they game. Northwestern put up 434 yards of offense and 311 yards passing against North Dakota.

The other FCS team that SFA beat Western Illinois while they did beat Sam Houston, it was only because Sam Houston couldn't keep from shooting themselves in the foot on offense, and couldn't cover any of the Western Illinois WR's.

I am not so sure that SFA's points are still not largely them running up points on bad defenses, and giving up points and yards threw the air to average passing offenses.

McNeese75
September 29th, 2009, 01:51 PM
We'll know for sure in two weeks xwhistlex

What he said!! xnodx

DG Cowboy
October 1st, 2009, 04:12 PM
The SLC could very well be 2 or 3 two-loss teams tied for the AQ before the tiebreak.

BobcatTXST04
October 1st, 2009, 08:55 PM
The SLC could very well be 2 or 3 two-loss teams tied for the AQ before the tiebreak.

This is certainly true! Wouldn't it be great to have the possibility of sending 2 or 3 teams to the playoffs this year!

(I know that it'd be next to impossible for the SLC to send three teams, but we sent 2 in 2005, so there's hope for that)