18. Eastern Washington 747
19. Eastern Kentucky 556
20. Texas St. 524
21. Furman 483
22. Holy Cross 480
23. Jacksonville St. 434
24. Eastern Illinois 302
25. Delaware 254

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Florida A&M (73), Liberty (51), Stephen F. Austin (27), Colgate (26), Wofford (15), Samford (10), Youngstown St. (8), Maine (7), Chattanooga (6), Northern Arizona (6), The Citadel (5)

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: William & Mary
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: Wofford

JSU02
September 28th, 2009, 12:02 PM
About time we got in...

Ivytalk
September 28th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Good-looking poll!xthumbsupx

Interesting to see the spread in first-place votes. Looks like we have some Spider-doubters out there!

WrenFGun
September 28th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Is there any reason that S. Dakota State is 14th? I had them 6th.

Who is voting Montana #1? What is it about their resume that is better than the teams in front of them? Please englighten me.

siuham
September 28th, 2009, 12:07 PM

Interesting to see the spread in first-place votes. Looks like we have some Spider-doubters out there!

I doubt anyone doubts Richmond is good. More that they think the other teams are better.

Montana's first place vote gives me a chuckle though. Their fans are the biggest proponents of them having a down year.

danefan
September 28th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Pretty good poll. I think UMass and SDSU are too low still, but that will play out in conference games.

19Duke97
September 28th, 2009, 12:14 PM

They have been steadily moving up my poll, but their opponents combined record is 3-10, not enough resume to count as a top 10 team to me as of yet. This weekends game vs Cal Poly should answer some questions.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 28th, 2009, 12:16 PM
25. Delaware 254

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Florida A&M (73), Liberty (51), Stephen F. Austin (27), Colgate (26)

Cue outrage in 5....4....3....2....1.....xeekx

R.A.
September 28th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Wow.

Thank goodness there are other reputable polls out there

4-0 with a 31 point second half to blow out versrs an out of conference opponent from a conference ranked higher than our own, still not top 25 in the AGS poll.

danefan
September 28th, 2009, 12:28 PM
BTW - anyone want to fess up for voting for Maine still?

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2009, 12:30 PM

Who is voting Montana #1? What is it about their resume that is better than the teams in front of them? Please englighten me.

Two reasons: First, as noted by 19Duke97 xbowx the 3 opponents played haven't had any success vs a top 25 or FBS program. Second, they started from a 20th-25th slot for most polls. So, if teams above don't lose, tough to move up.

With that said, I tend to agree with you Wren, 6-10 is their likely place at the end of the season.

89Hen
September 28th, 2009, 12:32 PM
25. Delaware 254
You people are on crack. xsmhx

89Hen
September 28th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Somebody is being AWFULLY stubborn at this point. xnonono2x

OL FU
September 28th, 2009, 12:34 PM

It wasn't me:pxlolxxlolxxlolx

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 12:35 PM

Wasn't me either. xsmhx

uofmman1122
September 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM

Wasn't me either. xsmhxI'm betting it was the biggest closet Griz fan on this forum.

"Stubborn," he says. xlolx

ToTheLeft
September 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM
So why did we drop out? "You lost" isn't really that good of an answer, because UD stayed in and they lost... Just curious why we aren't a top 25 team still...

Thumper 76
September 28th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Two reasons: First, as noted by 19Duke97 xbowx the 3 opponents played haven't had any success vs a top 25 or FBS program. Second, they started from a 20th-25th slot for most polls. So, if teams above don't lose, tough to move up.

With that said, I tend to agree with you Wren, 6-10 is their likely place at the end of the season.

Amen to that Rabid. I think they need to earn that spot up in the top ten with some solid wins (which I think they will get). I don't think they should just shoot up the polls like a rocket cause they beat up some weak teams.

andy7171
September 28th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Wasn't me either. xsmhx

Wait, what!?!? :D

I debated keeping you guys on my poll based on who you lost too, but dropped them because of Blue Hen fans reveiws of the game.

There will alwys be next years pre-season polls.

tribe_pride
September 28th, 2009, 12:40 PM
So why did we drop out? "You lost" isn't really that good of an answer, because UD stayed in and they lost... Just curious why we aren't a top 25 team still...

I don't vote so I can't tell you about others but my guess is that Delaware was 19 and Liberty 22 last week and both lost by about the same score (Delaware away and Liberty home) to top 10 opponents.

What many of the voters may not understand is that the WM-Delaware score was closer than the game really was. From the sounds of it, while JMU was the better team, it was not as dominating of a game.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 28th, 2009, 12:41 PM

You really shouldn't have put us at #1 89, people are catching on to you! :D

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Wait, what!?!? :D

I debated keeping you guys on my poll based on who you lost too, but dropped them because of Blue Hen fans reveiws of the game.

There will alwys be next years pre-season polls.

Hens have only beaten West Chester and DSU - neither team is anything to write home about. If they beat Maine in Maine, I might squeeze them back in, but I'll probably wait to see if they can win two in a row and beat UMass as well the following week. Otherwise, they aren't rank-worthy at this time.

ToTheLeft
September 28th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I don't vote so I can't tell you about others but my guess is that Delaware was 19 and Liberty 22 last week and both lost by about the same score (Delaware away and Liberty home) to top 10 opponents.

What many of the voters may not understand is that the WM-Delaware score was closer than the game really was. From the sounds of it, while JMU was the better team, it was not as dominating of a game.

Which means, as much as people cry about east coast bias, there are east coast teams that get the shaft because people don't really look into things? Wow. :P

It's all good. I just hope people remember that we've only lost to a top 50 FBS and a top 10 FCS when we've run up 8 DI wins at the end of the year, and rank us accordingly.

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Wow.

4-0 with a 31 point second half to blow out versrs an out of conference opponent from a conference ranked higher than our own, still not top 25 in the AGS poll.

I had FAMU at #25 in my poll, but hard to shed a tear for them yet - their 4 opponents are 3-11 between then, 3-13 if you count DSU's forfeit and eventual thumping in Ann Arbor. Might be hard for FAMU to crack the rankings now for awhile - bye week, followed by Miami (Fla) - next good look (maybe first real look) at them is the SCSU game.

WestCoastAggie
September 28th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Cue outrage in 5....4....3....2....1.....xeekx

YOU GOT DANG RIGHT! Delaware over FAMU xconfusedx

FAMU would BEAT Delaware ON A NEUTRAL FIELD RIGHT NOW! look at the STATS VOTERS! xrulesx

89Hen
September 28th, 2009, 12:45 PM
So why did we drop out? "You lost" isn't really that good of an answer
Agreed. I did not drop LU from my ballot. xpeacex

ISUMatt
September 28th, 2009, 12:46 PM
lets see..I had...

SDSU #15 (Had them #24 in week 1 so moving up nicely)
Delaware went from #18 to OUT
Maine I had from OUT to further OUT
FAMU went from #25 to #23
Liberty went from #22 to NR with the loss (1st team out of my top 25)

89Hen
September 28th, 2009, 12:47 PM
FAMU would BEAT Delaware ON A NEUTRAL FIELD RIGHT NOW! look at the STATS VOTERS! xrulesx
Impossible to say. But that's not the way polls are designed. xpeacex

ToTheLeft
Agreed. I did not drop LU from my ballot. xpeacex

And that's why I love seeing that big tuba when I scroll thru a thread. xthumbsupx

GannonFan

Not that I'm advocating it (I had Liberty still ranked and did not have UD ranked at all) but UD lost to what appears to be, right now, a better team (W&M > JMU) and while people say the score was closer than the game really was, 13 of UD's points were legit - only the last TD was in garbage time. And W&M had a garbage time TD as well, set up after a failed onside kick. That game was about a 10 point game or so, even with W&M having the upper hand throughout. xpeacex

UNI Pike
Wow.

Is this Butler you are talking about? I don't get the reference.

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Liberty dropped out of mine since they have virtually no shot at play-offs. Del has not been in mine because, IMHO, they are the 6/7 best CAA team, and they have 3 likely losses JUST IN CAA SOUTH (two have now occurred). Still have an FBS to play Hens?

Regarding MT, wasn't this Rabid westerner! xwhistlex

I just hope that Jacks can win out so don't have to go to MT for play-offs (watch Jacks end up at Missoula first round xoopsx)

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 12:48 PM
YOU GOT DANG RIGHT! Delaware over FAMU xconfusedx

Not sure how anyone can be convinced of that. xpeacex

ISUMatt
September 28th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Is this Butler you are talking about? I don't get the reference.

FAMU I think

ToTheLeft
September 28th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Not that I'm advocating it (I had Liberty still ranked and did not have UD ranked at all) but UD lost to what appears to be, right now, a better team (W&M > JMU) and while people say the score was closer than the game really was, 13 of UD's points were legit - only the last TD was in garbage time. And W&M had a garbage time TD as well, set up after a failed onside kick. That game was about a 10 point game or so, even with W&M having the upper hand throughout. xpeacex

If LU had scored a garbage TD, and gotten the score to 24-17, or if they had held JMU from their 65 yard score that pretty much sealed the deal, would we have not dropped?

89Hen
September 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM
You really shouldn't have put us at #1 89, people are catching on to you! :D
I voted Weber #1. Must not have registered. xwhistlex

UNI Pike
September 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I still have FAMU & Liberty in - Maine & Delaware out. BTW - Dayton is out.

WestCoastAggie
September 28th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Just keep doubting those teams in the MEAC. For those that think that HBCU's are only good for those "halftime shows" and will never "win anything of importance" can get that good ol' 1 finger salute!

For those that actually see things objectively & can see that FAMU deserves to be in over UD, kudos to you!

grizband
September 28th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Liberty dropped out of mine since they have virtually no shot at play-offs. Del has not been in mine because, IMHO, they are the 6/7 best CAA team, and they have 3 likely losses JUST IN CAA SOUTH (two have now occurred). Still have an FBS to play Hens?

Regarding MT, wasn't this Rabid westerner! xwhistlex

I just hope that Jacks can win out so don't have to go to MT for play-offs (watch Jacks end up at Missoula first round xoopsx)
Using this as a criteria, shouldn't we only rank the top 15-20 teams then anyways? IMHO, ranking a team should not be based on their ability to make the playoffs, but their relative standing compared to other FCS teams across the country.

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 12:58 PM
If LU had scored a garbage TD, and gotten the score to 24-17, or if they had held JMU from their 65 yard score that pretty much sealed the deal, would we have not dropped?

I'm sure some people wouldn't have dropped you as far as they did if that was the case. For some people, the final score is all they see. Again, I dropped you guys, not out of the poll, but I dropped you a few slots.

tribe_pride

I was talking more about the 36 minute to 24 minute time of possession advantage and the 458-300 yardage advantage but I get what you are saying.

By the way, I hope you are right that W&M > JMU

89Hen
For those that think that HBCU's are only good for those "halftime shows" and will never "win anything of importance" can get that good ol' 1 finger salute!
I watched some of the FAMU/TSU game and the stands were a LOT more full for the battle of the bands (BTW, Ronald McDonald needs to go) than the third quarter. xpeacex

ToTheLeft
September 28th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I was one of the three to have WandM at the top spot...

I probably have Elon higher than anyone else out there.

I have SDSU at 13, but a lot of that is due to me having them unranked preseason. I will reevaluate them every week and see where they fit.

I have Jax. St. at 17. Have had them ranked for a while.

I might be the only person with 2 Patriot League teams in the 25.

I dropped Liberty from 17 to 19 with the loss to JMU.

I have FAMU at 25.

I dropped Wofford from 13 to out. Tx. St. is my next team in to my top 25.

I kept the Blue Hens in this week, but once again, they will be reevaluated on a week-by-week basis.

ToTheLeft
September 28th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I'm sure some people wouldn't have dropped you as far as they did if that was the case. For some people, the final score is all they see. Again, I dropped you guys, not out of the poll, but I dropped you a few slots.

Which we deserved. But we're still one of the top 25. I just hope as we beat up on the Big South that we can earn back some of those spots.

ISUMatt
September 28th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I

I dropped Wofford from 13 to out.

Thats a LONG fall!!

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Which we deserved. But we're still one of the top 25. I just hope as we beat up on the Big South that we can earn back some of those spots.

The big question is whether you do enough to make the playoffs. Could be a long shot now, and you figure you have to stand behind JMU now, and they aren't a sure thing considering how the CAA is this year.

WestCoastAggie
September 28th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I watched some of the FAMU/TSU game and the stands were a LOT more full for the battle of the bands (BTW, Ronald McDonald needs to go) than the third quarter. xpeacex
Umm so what! That is irrevelant to the FACT that FAMU (4-0) is more deserving of a ranking then UD (2-2) which is LAST in the CAA South! FAMU's D is giving up on average of 11 points a game! WHO CARES IF THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED ANYONE "DECENT" yet.

THEY ARE WINNING THE GAMES THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO WIN AND THEY ARE WINNING BY MORE THAN 2 TOUCHDOWNS (EXECEPT FOR THEIR GAME AGAINST DSU)

FAMU WILL BEAT MORGAN, A TEAM THAT BEAT A CAA SOUTH TEAM!

Once again voters, CHECK THE STATS!xrulesx

andy7171
September 28th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Using this as a criteria, shouldn't we only rank the top 15-20 teams then anyways? IMHO, ranking a team should not be based on their ability to make the playoffs, but their relative standing compared to other FCS teams across the country.

don't tell Pete that! :)

19Duke97
September 28th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Which means, as much as people cry about east coast bias, there are east coast teams that get the shaft because people don't really look into things? Wow. :P

It's all good. I just hope people remember that we've only lost to a top 50 FBS and a top 10 FCS when we've run up 8 DI wins at the end of the year, and rank us accordingly.

You guys still got my vote FWIW.

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Umm so what! That is irrevelant to the FACT that FAMU (4-0) is more deserving of a ranking then UD (2-2) which is LAST in the CAA South! FAMU's D is giving up on average of 11 points a game! WHO CARES IF THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED ANYONE "DECENT" yet.

THEY ARE WINNING THE GAMES THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO WIN AND THEY ARE WINNING BY MORE THAN 2 TOUCHDOWNS (EXECEPT FOR THEIR GAME AGAINST DSU)

Well first of all, UD's only "last" in the CAA South because Towson hasn't played any CAA games so far. And you really undermine your own point by trumpeting Morgan St's win over Towson. Seriously, does anyone here think Towson is anything but truly awful this year? Anyone?

As for FAMU, yes, it does matter who you beat. If FAMU had UD's schedule to date, they'd be 2-2. Same goes for UD if they had FAMU's schedule, they'd be the 4-0 team. Heck, you bring up margin of victory and UD beat DSU by more than FAMU did. What stats need checking?

DSUrocks07
September 28th, 2009, 01:19 PM

This is why FAMU doesn't get the respect it deserves. You struggled with DSU, the worst team in all of FCS. xrolleyesx

UncleSam
September 28th, 2009, 01:30 PM
After seeing UD in their first four games, I have no problem in stating that they are definately NOT a Top 25 team. UD will be lucky to get more than 5 wins this year.

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 01:40 PM

So please explain CCSU exlusion from the poll.

CCSU scored 2 legit first half TD against W&M, our only loss (33-14). Together with 2 convincing wins against FCS teams.

soccerguy315
September 28th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I know this happens a lot, and is generally accepted (and therefore I will probably get crap for this), but why do teams drop when they lose to teams higher than them? I will use Liberty / JMU as an example. Higher ranked JMU beat a lower ranked Liberty. Why does Liberty drop? Shouldn't the result just validate your rankings?

terrierbob
September 28th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Can't remember the last time we were out of the poll. This is definitely not your (Insert relative)'s Wofford team.

Yuk.

Youth, no passing game, complacency, injuries piling up.... we'll be lucky to have a winning record. Chattanooga, for God's sake.

Oh well-- "go App, Elon and Furman"!

danefan
September 28th, 2009, 01:48 PM

CCSU scored 2 legit first half TD against W&M, our only loss (33-14). Together with 2 convincing wins against FCS teams.

Because CCSU beat a PL and Ivy team and we all know those wins only count as quality wins when those two leagues beat each other. xwhistlex

Panther88
September 28th, 2009, 01:50 PM
It wreaks of "BCS" and "BS" in the ags poll. :D I swear hearing some of the commentary is the exact same thing heard from the BCS proponents and BCS "busters." xreadx

The bottomline is biasness and personal opinion(s) that persuade a poll.

89Hen
September 28th, 2009, 01:51 PM
You're yelling at the wrong person. FAMU is in my ballot and UD is not.

However, the fact that they haven't played anyone decent DOES have to factor into where somebody places them. I said it last week... if you only go on record, there are a lot of teams that could be ranked.

The band comment was in response to your post. The bands are more popular than the football games. xpeacex

andy7171
September 28th, 2009, 01:54 PM
This is why FAMU doesn't get the respect it deserves. You struggled with DSU, the worst team in all of FCS. xrolleyesx

I think I can think of a worse team. xbawlingx

19Duke97
September 28th, 2009, 01:55 PM
It wreaks of "BCS" and "BS" in the ags poll. :D I swear hearing some of the commentary is the exact same thing heard from the BCS proponents and BCS "busters." xreadx

The bottomline is biasness and personal opinion(s) that persuade a poll.

That's why we have playoffs :D. In my opinion the top 15 is pretty solid, after that it get's really tough to determine, especially this early in the year.

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Because CCSU beat a PL and Ivy team and we all know those wins only count as quality wins when those two leagues beat each other. xwhistlex

EXACTLY!!!! The poll is a huge joke.

#24 Eastern Illinios is 4-0 against teams with a combined record of 3-14 (the wins were vs Quincy, Newberry and Austin Peay). Give me a break!!!!

#25 Delaware is 2-2. They loss to W&M (as did CCSU). They beat D-II WCU nad Delaware State. Are those wins really so much better than Lehigh and Colagte? How can CCSU not get a vote with ann identical resume to UD? The answer is AQ bias!

crusader11
September 28th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I might be the only person with 2 Patriot League teams in the 25.

I had Holy Cross at I believe 18 and Colgate at 23.

Thumper 76
September 28th, 2009, 02:09 PM
EXACTLY!!!! The poll is a huge joke.

#24 Eastern Illinios is 4-0 against teams with a combined record of 3-14 (the wins were vs Quincy, Newberry and Austin Peay). Give me a break!!!!

#25 Delaware is 2-2. They loss to W&M (as did CCSU). They beat D-II WCU nad Delaware State. Are those wins really so much better than Lehigh and Colagte? How can CCSU not get a vote with ann identical resume to UD? The answer is AQ bias!

The question I would ask is why is there this bias? I highly doubt that its because the other non-AQ conferences have shown they can beat the middle of those conferences with regularity, let alone the best of them. When you don't even want to play those middle to top teams it really doesn't look good. And honestly how much does after the top 16-20 matter? I mean for the rest of the teams its just a number you can thump your chest about, cause if your that low you (theoretically) should not make the playoffs in a 16 team field that takes the top 16 teams.

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I had Holy Cross at I believe 18 and Colgate at 23.

Why? xconfusedx

Are win vs Monmouth and Darmouth that impressive? Colgate's best win so far is Monmouth!!!! Can you see anyone voting a NEC team in the top-25 when there best win is Monmouth?

I hope so, beacuse Columbia will finish ahead of Big Green in the Ivy and Monmouth is on the schedule. xthumbsupx

Native
September 28th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Both of the Top 10 victories in question were convincing. Neither game was close. James Madison and William & Mary each scored first in their respective games and never relinquished the lead.

William & Mary produced 158 more total yards than Delaware (458 vs 300) and netted a turnover. W&M beat the Sagarin prediction by 4.38 points.

James Madison produced 131 more total yards than Liberty (348 vs 217) and beat the Sagarin predictor by 17.13 points on the road.

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
The question I would ask is why is there this bias? I highly doubt that its because the other non-AQ conferences have shown they can beat the middle of those conferences with regularity, let alone the best of them. When you don't even want to play those middle to top teams it really doesn't look good. And honestly how much does after the top 16-20 matter? I mean for the rest of the teams its just a number you can thump your chest about, cause if your that low you (theoretically) should not make the playoffs in a 16 team field that takes the top 16 teams.

Not quite. CCSU has wins over AQ teams Colgate, Georgia Southern, Delaware State, Lehigh.

When UD beats DSU this year its a quality win. When CCSU beat them last season, its just a middling MEAC team. You just can't win with some voters here, because there "crteria" changes week by week.

Ivy wins are resume builders for PL teams, but not for NEC teams? Why?

There is NO WAY anyone can justify Delaware in the top-25 this week, when they have just 1 FCS win against DSU! Some hen fans agree. Who knows, they could be a top-15 team later on, but after this week there is no justification for that ranking, period.

19Duke97
September 28th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Both of the Top 10 victories in question were convincing. Neither game was close.

William & Mary produced 158 more total yards than Delaware (458 vs 300) and netted a turnover. W&M beat the Sagarin prediction by 4.38 points.

James Madison produced 131 more total yards than Liberty (348 vs 217) and beat the Sagarin predictor by 17.13 points on the road.

Those Sagarin ratings are garbage this time of the season. LU was being pulled up by playing WVU. Coincidentally, b/c of those rating LU was actually favored in the game, which we all know was bunk.

crusader11
September 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Why? xconfusedx

Are win vs Monmouth and Darmouth that impressive? Colgate's best win so far is Monmouth!!!! Can you see anyone voting a NEC team in the top-25 when there best win is Monmouth?

I hope so, beacuse Columbia will finish ahead of Big Green in the Ivy and Monmouth is on the schedule. xthumbsupx

I simply think Colgate is a quality team. They have one of the best rushing attacks in the nation, maybe a top 10 wide receiver, and much improved defense, and the second best coach in the PL xsmiley_wix.

CCSU and Albany are solid football teams, but I am really not sold on either of them. Sure, they are far and away the best in the NEC, but Albany beating SHU by just 9 points and CCSU not exactly having a marquee win doesn't help the resumes.

I think you'd even have to admit, at this point in the season, Colgate's resume and play thus far deserves to be on the fringe of the top 25 and a higher ranking than CCSU.

Thumper 76
September 28th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Not quite. CCSU has wins over AQ teams Colgate, Georgia Southern, Delaware State, Lehigh.

When UD beats DSU this year its a quality win. When CCSU beat them last season, its just a middling MEAC team. You just can't win with some voters here, because there "crteria" changes week by week.

Ivy wins are resume builders for PL teams, but not for NEC teams? Why?

There is NO WAY anyone can justify Delaware in the top-25 this week, when they have just 1 FCS win against DSU! Some hen fans agree. Who knows, they could be a top-15 team later on, but after this week there is no justification for that ranking, period.

I'd like to say that I'm not defending Delawares ranking at all, more trying to show why the AQ teams get their bias. Wins from back in the day I don't think really count much (IE GSU) I mean you pulled off an upset once, do it regularly, and Del State just not a good team in my book on average (sorry DSU fans), and Colgate and Lehigh tend to have the same image as you guys do I think, they just have a chance at the AQ instead. Sorry show me some substance please. Four wins with one good one over 3-4 years doesn't overcome a bias to me, moreso proves it.

UAalum72
September 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM
BTW - anyone want to fess up for voting for Maine still?
Maybe they only watched the first half vs. Syracuse

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I simply think Colgate is a quality team. They have one of the best rushing attacks in the nation, maybe a top 10 wide receiver, and much improved defense, and the second best coach in the PL xsmiley_wix.

CCSU and Albany are solid football teams, but I am really not sold on either of them. Sure, they are far and away the best in the NEC, but Albany beating SHU by just 9 points and CCSU not exactly having a marquee win doesn't help the resumes.

I think you'd even have to admit, at this point in the season, Colgate's resume and play thus far deserves to be on the fringe of the top 25 and a higher ranking than CCSU.

homer! That's fine, at least you admit it.

WestCoastAggie
September 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
You're yelling at the wrong person. FAMU is in my ballot and UD is not.

However, the fact that they haven't played anyone decent DOES have to factor into where somebody places them. I said it last week... if you only go on record, there are a lot of teams that could be ranked.

The band comment was in response to your post. The bands are more popular than the football games. xpeacex
Sorry for yelling. xpeacex

But to the others who didn't have FAMU & CCSU in this weeks poll are showing their bias-ness in their voting. They are not taking the time to even convey a simple "eyeball" test of teams and are simply going with what they know of.

Expand your minds people, expand them! xwhistlex

crusader11
September 28th, 2009, 02:33 PM
homer! That's fine, at least you admit it.

They are 4-0. Are they not a quality team?

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I'd like to say that I'm not defending Delawares ranking at all, more trying to show why the AQ teams get their bias. Wins from back in the day I don't think really count much (IE GSU) I mean you pulled off an upset once, do it regularly, and Del State just not a good team in my book on average (sorry DSU fans), and Colgate and Lehigh tend to have the same image as you guys do I think, they just have a chance at the AQ instead. Sorry show me some substance please. Four wins with one good one over 3-4 years doesn't overcome a bias to me, moreso proves it.

The wins were meant to show a trend and THIS YEAR is not a fluke.

After 4 weeks this year, CCSU has a resuume on par with many teams getting votes. This issue is about this week!

I know you didn't vote for UD or EIU, but many people did, and there is no justification for it at all. You have to chalk that up to bias of some kind.

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 02:37 PM

Why should I put CCSU in the poll? Heck, UD kept it closer than CCSU and I don't have UD in the top 25 either. CCSU beat Lehigh and Columbia - nothing to write home about there. Lehigh's 0-3 and Columbia's only win is against an 0-3 Fordham team. Exactly why should I put a CCSU team in ahead of UD, who I also don't have in? Less yards against W&M, bigger margin of defeat against W&M, and two wins over teams that have all of 1 win between them. Not really a compelling resume yet.

crusader11
September 28th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Why should I put CCSU in the poll? Heck, UD kept it closer than CCSU and I don't have UD in the top 25 either. CCSU beat Lehigh and Columbia - nothing to write home about there. Lehigh's 0-3 and Columbia's only win is against an 0-3 Fordham team. Exactly why should I put a CCSU team in ahead of UD, who I also don't have in? Less yards against W&M, bigger margin of defeat against W&M, and two wins over teams that have all of 1 win between them. Not really a compelling resume yet.

Don't get facts in the way of ace's argument.

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 02:45 PM

Keep dreaming. Here are your facts!

CCSU had 2 rushing TDs against William and Mary in the 2Q (not garbage time). UD racked up -2 rushing yards for the game!!!!!!

In the first 57 minutes of that game the Hens scored 7 points!!!!!!! Hens got 13 garbage points in the last 2:37 of the game.

CCSU held W&M to just 3 points in the 2nd half , UD gave up 14 in the second half to the Tribe.

Also, CCSU's defense gave up just 372 yds in total offense, while UD allowed a total of 458 yds.

West Chester/Delaware State vs. Lehigh/Columbia - that's the bottom line right now

BEAR
September 28th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks AGS voters! I'm glad you see the talent the Bears are developing! I guess this is a great consolation for the NCAA's horrible rule of non-eligibility for 4 years for the playoffs during transition. Next year...next year! xthumbsupx

WestCoastAggie
September 28th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks AGS voters! I'm glad you see the talent the Bears are developing! I guess this is a great consolation for the NCAA's horrible rule of non-eligibility for 4 years for the playoffs during transition. Next year...next year! xthumbsupx

If you guys were eligible, UCA would definitely be a team capable of winning the whole thing! xpeacex

89Hen
September 28th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Ace, you're arguing with somebody who doesn't have UD in the Top 25. xconfusedx UD does not belong in the Top 25, but neither does CCSU.

89Hen
September 28th, 2009, 02:50 PM
ahemNDSUahem

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Keep dreaming. Here are your facts!

CCSU had 2 rushing TDs against William and Mary in the 2Q (not garbage time). UD racked up -2 rushing yards for the game!!!!!!

In the first 57 minutes of that game the Hens scored 7 points!!!!!!! Hens got 13 garbage points in the last 2:37 of the game.

CCSU held W&M to just 3 points in the 2nd half , UD gave up 14 in the second half to the Tribe.

West Chester/Delaware State vs. Lehigh/Columbia - that's the bottom line right now

Of course, CCSU also gave up 30 points in the first half to W&M - UD only gave up 17.

And if you're counting garbage time, 7 of W&M's points came in that time too, following an onside kick attempt by UD when they were down two scores. CCSU wasn't within 2 scores for the vast majority of the 2nd half, let alone late in the 4th quarter.

And in your assessment of UD, you also leave out the 1 point loss on a last second FG block against #1 Richmond. I don't see that on CCSU's resume.

When it comes down to it, UD shouldn't be ranked - but there's also no case to even think about ranking CCSU at all right now - not even a blip on the radar at this time. xthumbsupx

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 02:57 PM
When it comes down to it, UD shouldn't be ranked - but there's also no case to even think about ranking CCSU at all right now - not even a blip on the radar at this time. xthumbsupx

Hey cool with me, your bias is pretty clear. xthumbsupx

BEAR
September 28th, 2009, 03:00 PM
If you guys were eligible, UCA would definitely be a team capable of winning the whole thing! xpeacex

Thanks! I could say that of a few teams that are having a rough year but are talented enough to make it also. xnodx

GoAgs72
September 28th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I had FAMU at 22. They seem to be doing better than the other Tallahassee team.

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Hey cool with me, your bias is pretty clear. xthumbsupx

And your's isn't? xlolx At least my homer bias doesn't lead me to argue about putting my team into the rankings.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 28th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Who gave Chatty a vote? xconfusedx

Don't know about saying UD isn't top-25, either. A one-point loss and ten point loss to two top-5s and they aren't a top-25?

BEAR
September 28th, 2009, 03:16 PM
What's the criteria for an individual's choices? What system do most voters use to make their choices. I know this has probably been discussed before, but the AGS poll is respected at UCA and I was curious as to how it all works. xreadx

Native
September 28th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Hey, if the homers didn't love some of these teams, no one would! xpeacex

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 03:28 PM
And your's isn't? xlolx At least my homer bias doesn't lead me to argue about putting my team into the rankings.

What bias? I'm only comparing CCSU's resume to the voters consesus of 2 ranked teams - UD and EIU.

Can you justify UD/EIU rankings?
Why isn't CCSU resume comparable to these teams?

A) Either both UD and EIU don't deserve their current ranking, or
b) CCSU should be considered for the top-25 based on their resume compared to these consensus top-25 teams.

In any case, CCSU shouldn't be off anyones radar considering the quality of teams ORV. :)

DSUrocks07
September 28th, 2009, 03:29 PM

care to elaborate? xeyebrowx

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 03:32 PM
What bias? I'm only comparing CCSU resume to the voters consesus of 2 ranked teams - UD and EIU.

Can you justify UD/EIU rankings?
Why isn't CCSU resume comparable to these teams?

A) Eith both UD and EIU don't deserve their current ranking, or
b) CCSU should be considered for the top-25 based on their resume compared to consensus top-25 teams.

In any case, CCSU shouldn't be off anyones radar considering the quality of teams ORV. ")

And as I said, at least looking at the UD/CCSU comparison, in the only shared game between the two, UD outscored and outgained CCSU, and held the opponent to less and was closer at the end. In the other games, UD almost beat the #1 team in the nation and both teams have beaten two weak teams. Comparing resume to resume, UD's got a better one than CCSU. But as I don't think UD should be ranked, that pretty much tells you where I think CCSU should be. xthumbsupx

McNeese75
September 28th, 2009, 03:36 PM
ahemNDSUahem

xlolx

ISUMatt
September 28th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I think I can think of a worse team. xbawlingx

Does it start with Indiana and end with State?

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 03:57 PM
And as I said, at least looking at the UD/CCSU comparison, in the only shared game between the two, UD outscored and outgained CCSU, and held the opponent to less and was closer at the end. In the other games, UD almost beat the #1 team in the nation and both teams have beaten two weak teams. Comparing resume to resume, UD's got a better one than CCSU. But as I don't think UD should be ranked, that pretty much tells you where I think CCSU should be. xthumbsupx

We are never going to see eye to eye on this, so I won't bother. But ...

CCSU scored 14 compared to UD's 20 - not a huge difference.
CCSU gained 237 yrds; UD gained 300 (all in the air) - that's a wash.
CCSU allowed 372 yds; UD allowed 458 yrds - advantage CCSU.

Bottom line, CCSU played much better vs W&M than you are willing to give us credit for.

BTW - can you justify EIU or some of the crazy teams ORV?

I don't think your statement that "CCSU is off the radar" is fair or objective, considering the other teams on the voters radar. Maybe your opinion differs, but when you look at the polls, right now CCSU is getting shafted.

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 04:03 PM

Bottom line, CCSU played much better vs W&M than you are willing to give us credit for.

I don't think your statement that "CCSU is off the radar" is fair or objective, considering the other teams on the voters radar. Maybe your opinion differs, but when you look at the polls, right now CCSU is getting shafted.

So the dividing line between yards that matter and yards that are a "wash" is about 70 yards? Over is significant, under is a wash? xlolx

Whatever dude, if CCSU keeps on winning, they'll get in the polls eventually. No sense getting all worked up over something that doesn't even matter until the middle of November. Remember, this is a playoff subdivision - polls matter very little and work themselves out by then. xthumbsupx

wideright82
September 28th, 2009, 05:09 PM
So the dividing line between yards that matter and yards that are a "wash" is about 70 yards? Over is significant, under is a wash? xlolx

Whatever dude, if CCSU keeps on winning, they'll get in the polls eventually. No sense getting all worked up over something that doesn't even matter until the middle of November. Remember, this is a playoff subdivision - polls matter very little and work themselves out by then. xthumbsupx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx LMAO at GF. Everyone knows that 86 yards is significantly more than 63 yards, and thus constitutes an advantage vs. a wash.

Schfourteenteen
September 28th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Both of the Top 10 victories in question were convincing. Neither game was close. James Madison and William & Mary each scored first in their respective games and never relinquished the lead.

JMU and Liberty were tied in the 4th Quarter. Only for 20 seconds(Our safties dont know how to tackle just yet), but still. JMU was the better team, but to say it wasnt close is ridiculous.

I would have Liberty at 25 at best. They get a shot to move up pending on how JMU does as well as how the chips fall. I am also of the opinion that JMU may be as good as W+M if Didzik is the QB. As for Thorpe, "No comment"xthumbsupx

GrizFoo
September 28th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Best poll I've seen so far! Especially the top end.

MSUBear42
September 28th, 2009, 06:48 PM

I'm very very very excited to see how SDSU compares with UNI when the Jacks come to Springfield in 2 weeks.

ISUMatt
September 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Let me tell you, the Jacks are physical!! Both lines dominate, the D-line gets pressure with 3 down, and the RB is like a bowling ball.

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 07:41 PM

First, I called it a "wash" because UD got all its yards in the air. If you call -2 yrds rush vs. 300 yrds in the air, a good day for UD then I can never reason with you.

As to your other point. If I really though that was the case, I wouldn't be so concerned about the polls now. But I don't think your assumption will hold true for CCSU. My reasoning is because of what I see right now. How can I expect voters to change what they value by week 8?

Maine lost to Albany and has a D-II win, yet they are STILL getting votes. Colgate's best win so far is vs Monmouth, and they are getting votes. Will UA & MU be of equal value to CCSU weeks down the road or will voters have a new excuse to downplay our schedule?

EIU has beat no one so far!!!! Youngstown State??? Are you kidding me? Explain why these teams are getting votes now?

You can try to call me whatever you want, but no one has posted a shred of support for some of this outrageous voting!

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2009, 07:47 PM

EIU is 3-0, 4-0 with wins over 3 FCS teams, including two (bottom feeders this year) MVFC teams. They are set to be the primary challenger to EKU for the OVC auto-bid. We'll know more next week.

UD isn't in my top 25, because I don't see them being top half of CAA South. xtwocentsxxtwocentsx

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 08:02 PM
EIU is 3-0, 4-0 with wins over 3 FCS teams, including two (bottom feeders this year) MVFC teams. They are set to be the primary challenger to EKU for the OVC auto-bid. We'll know more next week.

UD isn't in my top 25, because I don't see them being top half of CAA South. xtwocentsxxtwocentsx

OK, so maybe they break into the polls next week!

Right now, the combined record of EIU opponets is 3-13 and only 1 of those wins is vs. an FCS team. Here are EIU's 4 wins:

-Illinois State (1-3) only win is vs. Austin Peay
-Indiania State (0-4) lost Quincy!!!!!!!
-SE Missouri St (1-3) actually beat Quincy
-Austin Peay (1-3) only win vs Newbery

No one can jusitfy that! Did you do any research?

What happened to SOS, isn't that weighted in your poll?

4th and What?
September 28th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I was one of the three to have WandM at the top spot...

I second that vote.

I actually had Liberty go up from 22nd to 19th after last week. I was very impressed by Liberty and will be pulling for you guys to win out and earn a playoff spot.

UNIFanSince1983
September 28th, 2009, 08:20 PM
So CCSU has victories over teams with a combined record of 1-4...and that 1 win was over a team that was 0-3.

The one team they played that was of any consequence was a loss. There is nothing there that tells me they are a top 25 team. In fairness nothing UD has done deserves to be in the top 25 either. They obviously need to find a running game. I am not sure I would have voted EIU in the top 25 either.

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 08:27 PM
So CCSU has victories over teams with a combined record of 1-4...and that 1 win was over a team that was 0-3.

The one team they played that was of any consequence was a loss. There is nothing there that tells me they are a top 25 team. In fairness nothing UD has done deserves to be in the top 25 either. They obviously need to find a running game. I am not sure I would have voted EIU in the top 25 either.

There is a big difference between 1-4 and 1-12 (vs FCS teams), no?

In any case, why is it OK for undeserving CAA and OVC teams to get votes, but a NEC team is not considered? Maybe because they are in AQ conferences?

The poll is a joke and biased, just like the much beloved GPI. xnodx

Chi Panther
September 28th, 2009, 08:37 PM
EIU will only get better as the season goes on. Their QB has only played 4 games for EIU and been in their system for an offseason. He was a VERY good HS QB...just didn't work out that well at Iowa.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jake-Christensen-22190

UNIFanSince1983
September 28th, 2009, 08:44 PM
The only difference between 1-4 and 1-12 is that one has a bigger sample size.

Personally I don't think it is fair an OVC team receives votes over a NEC team. However, I do know there is a big difference between the CAA and NEC, and don't fool yourself by saying there isn't. If you say that you are being biased yourself. I can see giving a vote for Delaware. They have two losses, but they are to the #1 and #5 teams in the country. While I know you have the same opponent and both lost, but it makes more sense.

Plus you obviously don't know how polls work if you are complaining about this. I am not saying it is right, but people basically move teams up and down from their preseason poll. Delaware was obviously ranked higher in the preseason poll than CCSU, and enough people feel they haven't done enough to drop them completely out, and CCSU hasn't done enough to move past Delaware. Is this necessarily fair? No, but how much in your life has been fair?

The thing about polls is they should consider performance from this year, but it would be a ridiculous poll if that is all you look at. Just look at the guy who last week had Houston at #3 in his FBS poll. You need to also look at potential of a team, and as much as it pains me to say historical data (i.e. last years performance, and who they had coming back). I guess that really deals with potential, but you get what I mean.

We could just go by win loss records, but then they wouldn't be rankings they would simply be standings.

With humans we will never completely eliminate bias so I tend to just realize it is there and nothing is going to be done about it. Even with computer rankings there is bias because of course it is humans that program those computers.

aceinthehole
September 28th, 2009, 08:55 PM
people basically move teams up and down from their preseason poll.

The thing about polls is they should consider performance from this year,

Yes, I know this very well :) I've been arguing AGAINST preseason polls for this exact reason!!!!!! That's what makes it even more difficult to break into the poll later in the season.

I agree, the poll should be about current performance, but then you ramble on about potenial and historic performance. That's why the poll is biased. We stress the playoffs at this level, yet the polls are run just like the BCS cartel in I-A.

Of course I know the poll (and life in general) isn't fair, but when you recognize that something is wrong, don't you try to fix it? That's all I'm doing.

The voting is done and I'm not going to change anything. But I don't think its too much to have voters look closer at the teams they are ranking, especially outside of the top-15 where there is less consensus.

GannonFan
September 28th, 2009, 09:06 PM

Now see, if you just led with that the whole conversation would've went a lot smoother!!! xlolxxlolxxthumbsupx

MR. CHICKEN
September 28th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Yes, I know this very well :) I've been arguing AGAINST preseason polls for this exact reason!!!!!! That's what makes it even more difficult to break into the poll later in the season.

I agree, the poll should be about current performance, but then you ramble on about potenial and historic performance. That's why the poll is biased. We stress the playoffs at this level, yet the polls are run just like the BCS cartel in I-A.

Of course I know the poll (and life in general) isn't fair, but when you recognize that something is wrong, don't you try to fix it? That's all I'm doing.

The voting is done and I'm not going to change anything. But I don't think its too much to have voters look closer at the teams they are ranking, especially outside of the top-15 where there is less consensus.

YA HALF TA HAVE...UH STARTIN' POINT......TEAMS IN DUH PRESEASON POLLS ARE DUH CULMINATION....O' LAST SEASONS RECORD/PLAYERS LOST/PLAYERS RETURN...AGIN' PLAYERS LOST/PLAYERS RETURN FROM OTHERAH TEAMS....RECRUITIN'/XFERS....LOTTAH STUFF.....xnodx....AWK!

Native
September 28th, 2009, 09:42 PM
There is a big difference between 1-4 and 1-12 (vs FCS teams), no? ...

No.

And this is news? What separates this poll from any other poll? What separates this poll from your posts, or mine?!???

Central Connecticut is fighting for table scraps, like everyone else from #15 through about #30. By the end of no later than the first round of the playoffs, their season will be shadows and dust.

The Top six or so CAA teams will make the playoffs, and most of them will wipe out the lower-seeded pretenders.

But hey, that's why we have playoffs! xpeacex

ngineer
September 28th, 2009, 11:09 PM

Only on the 'web'...;)

aceinthehole
September 29th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Now see, if you just led with that the whole conversation would've went a lot smoother!!! xlolxxlolxxthumbsupx

I knew that would get you! xnodx xthumbsupx

(as flawed as the GPI is, at least they wait a few feeks from posting it. It does spare us some early headaches)

caribbeanhen
September 29th, 2009, 11:22 AM
to tough on em 89, as bad as it was, Delaware still a top #25 team, that speaks to just how bad the best CAA teams can make a good 1aa team look

JMU99
October 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM

losing 12-0 at the half to 0-3 Sacred Heart!
Can we now put this foolishness to rest???

GreatAppSt
October 3rd, 2009, 08:31 PM
(First place votes in parenthesis), Points
1. Richmond (67) 2666
2. Villanova (21) 2566
3. Northern Iowa (17) 2520
4. William & Mary (3) 2327
5. Montana (1) 2241
6. New Hampshire 2113
7. James Madison 2034
8. Southern Illinois 1929
9. McNeese St. 1677
10. Appalachian St. 1667
11. Elon 1524
12. Central Arkansas 1491
13. Weber St. 1448
14. South Dakota St. 1341
15. Massachusetts 1232
16. South Carolina St. 1075
17. Cal Poly 898
19. Eastern Kentucky 556
20. Texas St. 524
21. Furman 483
22. Holy Cross 480
23. Jacksonville St. 434
24. Eastern Illinois 302
25. Delaware 254

Others receiving votes (minimum of 5 votes): Florida A&M (73), Liberty (51), Stephen F. Austin (27), Colgate (26), Wofford (15), Samford (10), Youngstown St. (8), Maine (7), Chattanooga (6), Northern Arizona (6), The Citadel (5)

Hofstra anyone? how far does JMU move down? Furman is out?

smallcollegefbfan
October 3rd, 2009, 08:45 PM
(First place votes in parenthesis), Points
1. Richmond (67) 2666
2. Villanova (21) 2566
3. Northern Iowa (17) 2520
4. William & Mary (3) 2327
5. Montana (1) 2241
6. New Hampshire 2113
7. James Madison 2034
8. Southern Illinois 1929
9. McNeese St. 1677
10. Appalachian St. 1667
11. Elon 1524
12. Central Arkansas 1491
13. Weber St. 1448
14. South Dakota St. 1341
15. Massachusetts 1232
16. South Carolina St. 1075
17. Cal Poly 898
19. Eastern Kentucky 556
20. Texas St. 524
21. Furman 483
22. Holy Cross 480
23. Jacksonville St. 434
24. Eastern Illinois 302
25. Delaware 254

Hofstra anyone? how far does JMU move down? Furman is out?

Looks like Phil Steele might have been right about Hofstra. If they win the next 3 games and move to 6-2 I will be a full believer that they are a top 15 team.

GreatAppSt
October 3rd, 2009, 09:41 PM
Looks like Phil Steele might have been right about Hofstra. If they win the next 3 games and move to 6-2 I will be a full believer that they are a top 15 team. They looked it today. How far does Bill n Mary drop, they still have that nice FBS win in thier pocket?

aceinthehole
October 3rd, 2009, 10:10 PM
losing 12-0 at the half to 0-3 Sacred Heart!
Can we now put this foolishness to rest???

Big deal. SHU got a tipped hail mary TD to end the half. CCSU controlled the entire 2nd half and won 24-12, to move to 3-1, 1-0 NEC on the year.

I see #13 Weber State, #20 Texas State, #21 Furman, #24 EIU, YSU, Wofford and Maine all lost. Wonder what happens to them? :)

WMTribe90
October 3rd, 2009, 10:23 PM
They looked it today. How far does Bill n Mary drop, they still have that nice FBS win in thier pocket?

We lost on the road to the #2. Statistically we had more yards, first downs and TOP. VU played mistake free and we had too many turnovers and costly penalties. We also settled for too many FGs in the redzone. However, we showed that we have the talent and ability of a top 5-10 team. UVA beat UNC today. UD beat Maine. CCSU is 3-1. I don't think we should drop outside the top ten. Somewhere between 7-9 IMO.

Peems
October 3rd, 2009, 11:09 PM

I voted Weber #1. Must not have registered. xwhistlex

Now will you vote us #1:D:)xnodx

GOKATS
October 3rd, 2009, 11:11 PM
Now will you vote us #1:D:)xnodx

xnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2x

uofmman1122
October 3rd, 2009, 11:53 PM
xnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2xKitti es beat Weber and now they're world beaters. xrolleyesx

xlolx

I'm just kidding, I'm glad the Cats won today, and I hope they win out until the inevitable loss to the Griz. :p