PDA

View Full Version : LFN: Sunday's Word: Build

Lehigh Football Nation
September 27th, 2009, 11:46 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2009/09/sundays-word-build.html

I've never given coaches advice before, but that ended after this weekend. I don't know if this will be popular, but it's how I feel.

ngineer
September 28th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Don't see it happening. Coaches and especially football coaches are very conservative and to change basic philosophy in the middle of the season is unlikely. Will the Wildcat be used? yes. Will it be the primary formation for the balance of the year? I would be shocked it was.
Changing QBs is very difficult. I was on a HS steam that was picked to win our league. We stumbled out of the blocks with a 1-5, record (1-3 in the League) when the coach changed QBs --the underclassman with the better arm because everyone was putting 8 in the box against us. We went on to win 5 in row and finish second with a 6-3 League record, but missed the championship by on game. Had we made the move sooner a championship would have been likely.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 28th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Don't see it happening. Coaches and especially football coaches are very conservative and to change basic philosophy in the middle of the season is unlikely.

I do not disagree with you, but what you say should be prefaced with the fact that there doesn't appear to be any basic offensive philosophy at the moment. It changes with the cycles of the moon: one week, we're Daryl Lamonica, the next we're Wildcat Lite, the next we're Ken Stabler. If there is a philosophy, I don't see it.

RichH2
September 28th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Brown has not shown any indication that he can develop any kind of O scheme consistently. Perhaps you're right that it is the lunar cycle that determines it.

A question, Colvin in the wildcat is a nice bit by Brown but do you think he could add some variety, like OH, hand off to a rb or my God throw a pass.They put 11 in the box this week. I think Harvard might look at the game films.