PDA

View Full Version : "Temporary" Sellout....

chattanoogamocs
December 14th, 2005, 03:38 AM
truncated from an article in the Wednesday Times-Free Press....

Temporary sellout

Greater Chattanooga Sports and Events Committee president Merrill Eckstein said the last tickets at the McKenzie Arena box office for Friday’s game were gone Tuesday.

Northern Iowa is expected to return "around 2,000" tickets that will be available about 10 a.m. today, he said.

If the game sells out, Eckstein said officials would sell up to 1,000 standing-room only tickets, and the fans could sit on the hillside on Finley’s east side. The box office number is 266-6627.

igo4uni
December 14th, 2005, 06:51 AM
I heard that sorority girls from across the country have flooded the UNI ticket office with calls to purchase tickets to the game. They all hope to be able to catch a glimpse (and possibly more ;) ) of the world famous Cap'n Cat.

http://www.unl.edu/dg/husker99,1.jpg
"We're so excited. I hope there's tickets left. We just love the Cap'n!!"

http://www.web.eku.edu/photos/viewbook/images/sorority_rush004.jpg
"Woo Hoo!! We got tix in the UNI section. I hope we get to meet the Cap'n!"

Hansel
December 14th, 2005, 08:32 AM
hopefully they can fill the rest of the seats and SRO :nod:

Cap'n Cat
December 14th, 2005, 09:11 AM
I heard that sorority girls from across the country have flooded the UNI ticket office with calls to purchase tickets to the game. They all hope to be able to catch a glimpse (and possibly more ;) ) of the world famous Cap'n Cat.

Men, you'll never know how TOUGH it is being The Cap'n."

http://files.photojerk.com/CapnCat/txsu7.JPG

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

SoCon48
December 14th, 2005, 09:15 AM
I'll take the one on the left and pass on the brunette with the streaks.

DinoDex200
December 14th, 2005, 09:22 AM

You beat me to it! As usual, I guess I'll have to "take one for the team". :bang:

GGASU
December 14th, 2005, 09:52 AM

Temporary sellout

Greater Chattanooga Sports and Events Committee president Merrill Eckstein said the last tickets at the McKenzie Arena box office for Friday’s game were gone Tuesday.

Northern Iowa is expected to return "around 2,000" tickets that will be available about 10 a.m. today, he said.

If the game sells out, Eckstein said officials would sell up to 1,000 standing-room only tickets, and the fans could sit on the hillside on Finley’s east side. The box office number is 266-6627.

According to the online section map there seems to be only about 400-500 tickets available. Hopefully UNI didn't return as many as Chattanooga thought they would.

SoCon48
December 14th, 2005, 09:56 AM
You beat me to it! As usual, I guess I'll have to "take one for the team". :bang:

Actually there are no real culls in the whole lot. Sure one or two might warrant downing a beer or two first. :cool: :beerchug: :cool:

PantherMan
December 14th, 2005, 10:36 AM

I dunno about "streaks", I think the Cap'n may have already had a few of what's in his hand before meeting her... xprost2x

bcrawf
December 14th, 2005, 10:49 AM
UNI returned just under 1100 tickets. Selling 3900 tickets for a game that is over 800 miles away isn't bad.

Cap'n Cat
December 14th, 2005, 11:00 AM
I dunno about "streaks", I think the Cap'n may have already had a few of what's in his hand before meeting her... xprost2x

She was better looking in person.

:rolleyes:

WUTNDITWAA
December 14th, 2005, 11:02 AM
UNI returned just under 1100 tickets. Selling 3900 tickets for a game that is over 800 miles away isn't bad.

In less than a week. I agree, there will be some 1A teams that won't do that for their bowls. Good job.

Cap'n Cat
December 14th, 2005, 11:07 AM
BTW, I think that's John Lennon, far right, ain't it???

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

http://files.photojerk.com/CapnCat/lennon1-1024.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

blackfordpu
December 14th, 2005, 01:33 PM

Temporary sellout

Great job I-AA. It would be huge if we could sell out the championship game. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

SoCon48
December 14th, 2005, 06:05 PM
BTW, I think that's John Lennon, far right, ain't it???

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

http://files.photojerk.com/CapnCat/lennon1-1024.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Look where the Cap'n's left elbow is. :eyebrow:

blackfordpu
December 14th, 2005, 06:11 PM

HAHA! I didn't even notice that. You dog Cap'n! :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

WUTNDITWAA
December 14th, 2005, 07:48 PM

His right elbow actually, but I believe she's the one donig the leaning. :smiley_wi

APPST '93
December 14th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Where's his left hand????? :smiley_wi

On her xazzx ???

The blonde is HOT!!!!!

SoCon48
December 14th, 2005, 09:34 PM
His right elbow actually, but I believe she's the one donig the leaning. :smiley_wi

You're right it is the right. I'm dyslexic. :nod:

SoCon48
December 14th, 2005, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE=APPST '93]Where's his left hand????? :smiley_wi

On her xazzx ???
QUOTE]

You're right, she has that kind of grin. You know the kind where she's thinking, "I really should tell him to remove his hand, but it just feels toooo good." :beerchug:

chattanoogamocs
December 14th, 2005, 09:52 PM
(evil ChattanoogaMocs climbs in the gutter)

Maybe it's just me, but I was looking farther south than his elbow and looking where his hand/beer are.

"see the beer...be the beer" :nod:

(evil ChattanoogaMocs climbs out of the gutter)

catbob
December 14th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Reminds me of a girl who used to hang around our fraternity house, we called her fatty fatty pink stripes... long story. :bow:

catbob
December 14th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Reminds me of a girl who used to hang around our fraternity house, we called her fatty fatty pink stripes... long story. :bow:

On second thought it isn't a long story at all - she was fat and hat pink stripes in her hair. And was completely obsessive and liked to stalk our president. :beerchug:

catbob
December 14th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Good game spelling.

Blue42
December 15th, 2005, 09:13 PM

With one weeks notice to play travel, that ain't bad. Iowa to Chattanooga in December for a Friday game is not the easiest trip to plan in a couple days.

As for the one with the white streaks above...one word...slumpbuster!!

Hansel
December 15th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Sorry to stray from the topic :rolleyes: :p

but is the game sold out?

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2005, 12:58 AM
With one weeks notice to play travel, that ain't bad. Iowa to Chattanooga in December for a Friday game is not the easiest trip to plan in a couple days.

As for the one with the white streaks above...one word...slumpbuster!!

the trip sucked. long drives, ice, snow and the worst fog ever. that said, chatty is great!

December 16th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Sorry to stray from the topic :rolleyes: :p

but is the game sold out?Not as of now.

EagleCrusade
December 16th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Not as of now.
What about......NOW?!!

December 16th, 2005, 01:41 PM
What about......NOW?!!Almost... :)