PDA

View Full Version : check out armanti's awareness..

BooneNative
September 27th, 2009, 04:21 PM
short video from the app/samford game yesterday..

http://www.vimeo.com/6772819

JMU DUUUKES LAW
September 27th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Darnit, i was going to post some sarcastic comment about how lame that was , but then i watched it, and it was awesome .... shoot, haha

uofmman1122
September 27th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Nice, but Samford's D-Line and App's O-Line didn't look very stellar on that play.

Good job by the RB to bail Edwards out, too.

Uncle Buck
September 27th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Nice, but Samford's D-Line and App's O-Line didn't look very stellar on that play.

Good job by the RB to bail Edwards out, too.

Ditto. What's the old line, "I've seen monkeys at the zoo have ***** fights more organized than this!"

But yeah, entertaining play.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 27th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Did it get called back for holding or illegal man down field? :) Nice scramble though.

GATA
September 27th, 2009, 04:58 PM
LOL. Great play.

If this was GSU and Lee chapple...Chapple would have curled up in the fetal position and the offensive line would have thrown their hands up (oops).

FurmanPaladins4138
September 27th, 2009, 05:46 PM
that was sick

McLeansvilleAppFan
September 27th, 2009, 06:13 PM
LOL. Great play.

If this was GSU and Lee chapple...Chapple would have curled up in the fetal position and the offensive line would have thrown their hands up (oops).

It does help to be able to laugh. I know GSU is struggling.

PhoenixSupreme
September 27th, 2009, 06:14 PM
meh...I could do that....:D

No, seriously....that was pretty amazing...and a definite good job by the RB to be at the right place at the right time. xthumbsupx

GATA
September 27th, 2009, 06:16 PM
It does help to be able to laugh. I know GSU is struggling.

I agree totally. I'm a die hard GSU fan, but I realize we stink to high heaven on offense. I just watch every game hoping we win 6-2. I find the humor in it....even if many of our fans don't. We won't stink forever...but probably for the rest of this year.

I wish Antonio Henton wouldn't have quit in the off-season. I thought he had a brilliant game against App State last year (outside of the HIDEOUS interception at the end of the game on the goalline). He could really do some exciting things with the football in his hands. A play like the one Armanti made in this video wouldn't be out of the question.

proasu89
September 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM
The bride quickly tabbed that "the resurrection play" yesterday. Pretty funny coming from a Rev.

james_lawfirm
September 27th, 2009, 06:53 PM
that was sick

I agree. I was right at the 42 yd. line (in my seat). First, by all rights, AE should have been sacked; wait, he broke free; wait, he tried to pass, but fumbled instead; wait, he picked it up surrounded by defenders; wait, he scrambled some more; wait, he threw a pass - going to be intentional grounding for sure; wait, the pass was complete to the RB who broke 3 tackles & ran about 15 yards.

Oh, & by the way, it was a first down. Wow! Unbelievable! I'm surprised it was not picked up on ESPN's Sports Central.

Gringer1
September 27th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I agree totally. I'm a die hard GSU fan, but I realize we stink to high heaven on offense. I just watch every game hoping we win 6-2. I find the humor in it....even if many of our fans don't. We won't stink forever...but probably for the rest of this year.

I wish Antonio Henton wouldn't have quit in the off-season. I thought he had a brilliant game against App State last year (outside of the HIDEOUS interception at the end of the game on the goalline). He could really do some exciting things with the football in his hands. A play like the one Armanti made in this video wouldn't be out of the question.

I disagree because Henton was a panicked chicken in those situations. He would always toss the ball away and get an intentional grounding penalty or interception. He had several chances to make a play like that and almost always ending up losing the game by making stupid decisions. Chapple doesn't have the elusiveness or legs of Henton, but Chapple is by far a better game manager and team leader. He might be having some trouble getting the best passes thrown, but he's a hard worker. He's in the weight room lifting until the coaches make him quit rather than driving around looking for hookers.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 27th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I still say that AE won't play in the NFL...but you won't find a QB at any level right now that can avoid the pressure and watch what's going on downfield at the same time. That play reminds me of the unbelievable fourth down conversion that he made at GSU last year. Also, the pass play that set up the winning field goal against Michigan. He does this stuff all the time. A d$%^ shame he didn't get to play against ECU.

Anyone ever wonder what GSU's offense would have been like with Edwards at QB and Jayson Foster at slotback?

SideLine Shooter
September 27th, 2009, 07:54 PM
I still say that AE won't play in the NFL...but you won't find a QB at any level right now that can avoid the pressure and watch what's going on downfield at the same time. That play reminds me of the unbelievable fourth down conversion that he made at GSU last year. Also, the pass play that set up the winning field goal against Michigan. He does this stuff all the time. A d$%^ shame he didn't get to play against ECU.

Anyone ever wonder what GSU's offense would have been like with Edwards at QB and Jayson Foster at slotback?

As I have said many, many times, Armanti is the most exciting player in all of college football, at this time. xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

SideLine Shooter
September 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Here is Armanti scoring a touchdown against Samford on Saturday. His awareness of where the goal line is in this sequence is uncanny. He goes airborne at around the 5 yd. line.

Skjellyfetti
September 27th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Off topic... but, another video worth watching:

http://www.vimeo.com/6782238

wafflehouse48
September 27th, 2009, 10:17 PM
That play was something special. I was standing on the hill when it happened, so I didn't get to take in all the awe of it. I was hoping someone would capture it and put it on YouTube or Vimeo. Good find.

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2009, 10:58 AM
#2 play on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4511184&categoryid=4294397

MSU_77
September 28th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Nice heads up play by Armanti. Congrats to App on the win!

Skjellyfetti
September 29th, 2009, 10:41 PM
BUMP

new angles and audio:
http://www.vimeo.com/6772819

SU 82
September 29th, 2009, 10:45 PM
that was sick

My exact thought at the time it happened. xmadx

Credit where credit is due...he's a great player.