PDA

View Full Version : MVC Week 5 Prediction Thread

Thumper 76
September 27th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Well here we go for this week, a couple decent matchups where we could learn a little more about how some teams stand.

Ill St.@NDSU-This game could be a close one, if the Redbirds come out and play. It depends which defense shows up for NDSU. Will it be the one from the Saluki and parts of the Iowa State game, or is it the one from Sam Houston State? With Ill St. loving to throw the ball this could be interesting, and from what I read their defense isn't terrible, some would even say decent. I think they give NDSU fits, possibly win (which would cause mass suicides in Fargo, so I hope not). 31-28

Ind St.@UNI-Oh poor poor Ind St. If you only had a offense xbawlingx. But they don't and their defense isn't awesome, just decent to good, so they get pummled again. Sigh, someday they'll play someone with no defense and pull the upset this year i think (NDSU is my bet, no offense guys), but definately not this week. UNI continues to look like gods amongst mear mortals. 52-0

MSU@YSU-I'll buy what YSU's fans are selling and say that the game against the trees was a fluke bad game, and say that while this MSU team is improved some, its not enough to beat the guins at the Ice Castle. Especially after coming off a beating that UNI laid on them. This won't be a blowout, but I do think YSU has something to prove in this game. 28-17

SIU@WIU-This should be interesting. SIU has beaten a shmuck team, a decent team, and was close to a poor FBS team. While WIU won a shootout and got beat by another high octane offense. Could be close because SIU doesn't run and gun like those other teams, perhaps WIU is more setup to stop that? 35-24

SDSU@Cal-Poly-This is the Jacks first real test this year. Cal-Poly lost to two FBS teams in rather close games that they were in the whole time. But they also don't have their amazing qb and wr from last year. They still are a strong team however, and will be the first team to score on SDSU's previously inpeneratrable first string D, who hasn't allowed a TD yet, until this game. While they lost that SDSU has not lost much from last year and has been somewhat lighting the world on fire against the lower tier teams its been facing. This is going to be one heck of a game I think, where SDSU's experience and physicality winning out in the end. And for once I don't think it will be a shootout like every other game between these two are! xrotatehx 24-21

There we are boys! Tear them apart! xlolx

darell1976
September 27th, 2009, 02:27 PM
NDSU
UNI
YSU
SIU
SDSU

MSUBear42
September 27th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Ill St.@NDSU Could go either way, haven't been too impressed with either team thus far.

Ind St.@UNI If you looked at the definition of a blowout, you would see this game.

MSU@YSU- Tough to say, we beat them last year in Springfield and we have a better team this year. I'll go with MSU.

SIU@WIU- I think this weeks most intriguing game.

SDSU @ Cal-Poly-Just a gut feeling. Could be another close game.

Neckfansince71
September 27th, 2009, 02:52 PM
The wildcard for the SIU-WIU game is the retirement of Coach Patterson. He began his fight against tonsil cancer a summer ago and returned to the sidelines for the Northern Iowa game. Some people have pointed to his return as the reason for the wheels coming off in that game but I think it was more about the size and mobility of the UNI team that afternoon. The SHSt game was closer than it should have been with that fumble for a touchdown and that thoughtless throw to a down defensive lineman. At Northern Illinois the WIU team was smacked back on its heels almost from the start and never recovered. SFA, heck tough to win when they score on the first possession and then you fumble and they score again. Western was a failed 2 point conversion from tying the game in the 4th quarter. T0o many mistakes, can you say lack of focus. So Coach Patterson has been battling the results of his treatment and I am not too sure what that has done to the overall success of the football team although it might have an effect on them emotionally. Just seems like there has been a cloud hanging over the Leathernecks lately. The sun just might come out this coming Saturday.

jc

ps. Hey, we know over here in Leatherneck land that our the pressbox and westside facility at Hanson is antiquated to say the least. The eastside, after its 5 million dollar make over is as good as it gets! There are really nice plans for the renovation of the westside and the pressbox area plus a building in the north endzone but we are talking 12 million in a time when money has been a bit tight. I can't believe just how nice some of the stadiums are especially in the south and southwest. Is Illinois the only state that says that state ed. money cannot be spent of athletic facilities.

Gil Dobie
September 27th, 2009, 03:24 PM
NDSU needs the home cooking and the defense looks to be improving
UNI does howdy doody have wooden .....................
YSU Home field advantage
SIU close game at WIU
SDSU best team in the Valley this year, IMO

CDT_Wilson
September 27th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Well here we go for this week, a couple decent matchups where we could learn a little more about how some teams stand.

Ill St.@NDSU-This game could be a close one, if the Redbirds come out and play. It depends which defense shows up for NDSU. Will it be the one from the Saluki and parts of the Iowa State game, or is it the one from Sam Houston State? With Ill St. loving to throw the ball this could be interesting, and from what I read their defense isn't terrible, some would even say decent. I think they give NDSU fits, possibly win (which would cause mass suicides in Fargo, so I hope not). 31-28

Ind St.@UNI-Oh poor poor Ind St. If you only had a offense xbawlingx. But they don't and their defense isn't awesome, just decent to good, so they get pummled again. Sigh, someday they'll play someone with no defense and pull the upset this year i think (NDSU is my bet, no offense guys), but definately not this week. UNI continues to look like gods amongst mear mortals. 52-0

MSU@YSU-I'll buy what YSU's fans are selling and say that the game against the trees was a fluke bad game, and say that while this MSU team is improved some, its not enough to beat the guins at the Ice Castle. Especially after coming off a beating that UNI laid on them. This won't be a blowout, but I do think YSU has something to prove in this game. 28-17

SIU@WIU-This should be interesting. SIU has beaten a shmuck team, a decent team, and was close to a poor FBS team. While WIU won a shootout and got beat by another high octane offense. Could be close because SIU doesn't run and gun like those other teams, perhaps WIU is more setup to stop that? 35-24

SDSU@Cal-Poly-This is the Jacks first real test this year. Cal-Poly lost to two FBS teams in rather close games that they were in the whole time. But they also don't have their amazing qb and wr from last year. They still are a strong team however, and will be the first team to score on SDSU's previously inpeneratrable first string D, who hasn't allowed a TD yet, until this game. While they lost that SDSU has not lost much from last year and has been somewhat lighting the world on fire against the lower tier teams its been facing. This is going to be one heck of a game I think, where SDSU's experience and physicality winning out in the end. And for once I don't think it will be a shootout like every other game between these two are! xrotatehx 24-21

I think your spread for the UNI game might be a bit on the high side. I don't know enough about the other teams to comment on their possible performance. All I know is UNI and who they will play on a weekly basis. Once UNI gets to around the 28 ish mark they tend to put in second stringers so tough to tell how large the spread could be.

Thumper 76
September 27th, 2009, 03:28 PM
I think your spread for the UNI game might be a bit on the high side. I don't know enough about the other teams to comment on their possible performance. All I know is UNI and who they will play on a weekly basis. Once UNI gets to around the 28 ish mark they tend to put in second stringers so tough to tell how large the spread could be.

Trying to make up for how bad my prediction of their game went last week xsmiley_wixxthumbsupx

CDT_Wilson
September 27th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Trying to make up for how bad my prediction of their game went last week xsmiley_wixxthumbsupx

UNI fans are anxious to get to play the Dakotas and SIU so we can see what's really up. At the same time we know we have to play one game at a time because as bad as they seem everyone in the Valley can beat anyone else in the valley.

clenz
September 27th, 2009, 05:27 PM
ISUR
UNI
YSU
SIU
SDSU

FargoBison
September 27th, 2009, 05:32 PM
NDSU
UNI
YSU
SIU
SDSU

RabidRabbit
September 27th, 2009, 06:19 PM

I endorse my fellow rabbit's predictions, nothing to tear apart here.

stevdock
September 27th, 2009, 07:01 PM

The only prediction I hope I have a problem with is the NDSU Indiana St one. The city of Fargo, not just NDSU, might have to rebuild if that one happens.

joecooll6
September 27th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I second those picks except I think MSU beats YSU.

Thumper 76
September 27th, 2009, 09:06 PM

Definately could happen. This game I think could be telling in how the middle of the conf will shake out. I jus let guinzone convince me that YSU is better than they played against the trees. If they aren't, they are in trouble again this year.

mmiller_34
September 27th, 2009, 10:09 PM
NDSU - by 14
UNI - by 40
YSU - by 10
SIU - by 17
POLY - by 3 :(

mmiller_34
September 27th, 2009, 10:10 PM

I about picked that, but... I decided since it was in Youngstown, I'll give it to the 'Guins

onbison09
September 27th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Does anyone think Poly could beat the Jacks? A lot of teams have a had trouble at SLO. Should be a shedburner. Otherwise I pretty much agree with what others have said.

mmiller_34
September 27th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Does anyone think Poly could beat the Jacks? A lot of teams have a had trouble at SLO. Should be a shedburner. Otherwise I pretty much agree with what others have said.

See my predictions**

ValleyChamp
September 27th, 2009, 11:33 PM
If the Jacks are for real, they should win that game.

Big Al
September 28th, 2009, 09:12 AM
NDSU in a squeaker.
UNI by a mile. InSU doesn't even sniff the endzone.
YSU in a battle.
WIU in a battle
SDSU pulls away in the 4th quarter.

DOME
September 28th, 2009, 09:41 AM
NDSU in a squeaker.
UNI by a mile. InSU doesn't even sniff the endzone.
YSU in a battle.
WIU in a battle
SDSU pulls away in the 4th quarter.

Unless they run some sweet trick play of their first posession like someone else did....

BisonBacker
September 28th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I won't be making anymore NDSU game pic's this season. I'll be over in Crapsville getting drunk xsmhxxbeerchugx

Thumper 76
September 28th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I won't be making anymore NDSU game pic's this season. I'll be over in Crapsville getting drunk xsmhxxbeerchugx

Hey don't give up yet man! Look how we started last year and we were just a play or two away from the playoffs when it was all said and done xrulesx. Listen to your crazy Bison bretherin, don't give up yet! xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
September 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Hey don't give up yet man! Look how we started last year and we were just a play or two away from the playoffs when it was all said and done xrulesx. Listen to your crazy Bison bretherin, don't give up yet! xthumbsupx

You got one thing right. If they think we are getting a sniff at the playoffs they are crazy. You guys on the other hand are rocking it. I'll be rooting you guys on when our guys are putting there gear away in storage for next season. xbowx

Thunderstruck84
September 28th, 2009, 11:19 AM
YSU over MSU by 10
UNI over InSU by however much they feel like winning by
SIU over WIU by a TD
SDSU over Cal Poly by a FG

NDSU could very well see a QB change this week, if's that the case who knows what could happen so I'm not going to pick anything in that game.

siuham
September 28th, 2009, 12:15 PM
The only prediction I hope I have a problem with is the NDSU Indiana St one. The city of Fargo, not just NDSU, might have to rebuild if that one happens.

Good thing you're playing Illinois State then, huh? xeyebrowxxlolx

Thumper 76
September 28th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Good thing you're playing Illinois State then, huh? xeyebrowxxlolx

I think he was referring to how I predicted them as the team that gets upset by Indiana State, not the one for this week. I do think that if they change their qb for this game they lose against Ill. St. as well, just a gut feeling.

BisonBacker
September 28th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I think he was referring to how I predicted them as the team that gets upset by Indiana State, not the one for this week. I do think that if they change their qb for this game they lose against Ill. St. as well, just a gut feeling.

This is a sly attempt to get fans to stay behind Mertens so we continue on our losing ways xnonox Putting in a new QB gives us just as good a chance to win as keeping Mertens in. xcoffeex

Thumper 76
September 28th, 2009, 12:29 PM
This is a sly attempt to get fans to stay behind Mertens so we continue on our losing ways xnonox Putting in a new QB gives us just as good a chance to win as keeping Mertens in. xcoffeex

xlolxxlolxxlolx I HOPE that Bison fans don't use what I say to influence their decisions that much, but if thats the case, I have some suggestions for you guys xlolx

BisonBacker
September 28th, 2009, 12:32 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx I HOPE that Bison fans don't use what I say to influence their decisions that much, but if thats the case, I have some suggestions for you guys xlolx

Being experts on what to drink to drown your woes on a failed season I eagerly await your advice.

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2009, 12:35 PM
All I know is:

IT'S GONNA BE A WHALE OF A GAME IN FARGO THIS WEEKEND!

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Thumper 76
September 28th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Being experts on what to drink to drown your woes on a failed season I eagerly await your advice.

Grab a couple dozen cases of Leinenkugles(sp?) Honey Wiess and a couple bottles of Jagermiester, you should be set until the end of the year. xsmiley_wix

**I would like to add I don't give up on my team so easily however xsmiley_wix, although you guys are in a helluva hole to dig out of

UNI Pike
September 28th, 2009, 01:02 PM
IL ST - this is a coin flip though. Really depends on how NDSU players react to looking in the face of the end of the season - a challenge to overcome or fold it up
UNI - is there a need to explain?
YSU - at home, they had their chaos last year. YSU goes wide & to the air.
SIU - what about WIU has justified them as a pick?
Cal Poly in a coin flip - I think that have lost to some respectable (not great) teams (look at the schedule San Jose State has played). Mostly because they are playing at home.

Thunderstruck84
September 28th, 2009, 01:06 PM

Grab a couple dozen cases of Leinenkugles(sp?) Honey Wiess and a couple bottles of Jagermiester, you should be set until the end of the year. xsmiley_wix

**I would like to add I don't give up on my team so easily however xsmiley_wix, although you guys are in a helluva hole to dig out of
I concur with that.

Come on BB, I don't think most right minded NDSU fans (yes, there is such a thing) expected the Bison to be contenders this year. 2-2 or 1-3 was what I expected the team to be at this point. I also expect them to be 2-5 before it starts getting better.

We still have awesome tailgates, a great place to watch games, and we'll have two straight weeks after this Saturday to engage in mindless and pointless banter with UNI and SDSU fans. Who cares if the Bison win or lose, I'll still talk smack :D.

The Bison will be contenders, just not this year. xtwocentsx

IL ST - this is a coin flip though. Really depends on how NDSU players react to looking in the face of the end of the season - a challenge to overcome or fold it up

That may happen at some point this season but I don't think it will be this week. It's homecoming and there will be a lot of energy for the team to feed off of. If I guess right, most of them are none to happy about the missed opportunities in Carbondale last Saturday. A new QB might throw a monkey wrench into things but I doubt you'll see any quit on the Bison sidelines this week.

Big Al
September 28th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I'll be honest -- I partially picked them to be contrarian but I also think SIU might not have the goods this year. I think this game will tell.

SIU - what about WIU has justified them as a pick?

UNI Pike
September 28th, 2009, 01:15 PM
It was not a snarky comment, I was just wondering if I have been out of the loop with WIU?

ValleyChamp
September 28th, 2009, 01:16 PM
SIU will win a tight one with some fluke play like they always do.

Killsback
September 28th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I'll be honest -- I partially picked them to be contrarian but I also think SIU might not have the goods this year. I think this game will tell.

SIU does have the "Goods" this year. It may not have the same "Goods" as UNI, but the Salukis should be good enough to make the playoffs for the 7th straighht year.

Thumper 76
September 28th, 2009, 01:21 PM
All I know is:

ever notice how many whales are in Fargo? Its quite impressive for being the middle of the continent xlolxxlolxxlolx

onbison09
September 28th, 2009, 01:25 PM

And then it will be one game too late for any playoff hopes at all. But they are slim and none and slim has 1 and half feet out the door. xsmhx

onbison09
September 28th, 2009, 01:26 PM
All I know is:

That's a reference to the Craig Bohl show. He says that every effing week xrotatehx!

UNI Pike
September 28th, 2009, 01:29 PM
ever notice how many whales are in Fargo? Its quite impressive for being the middle of the continent xlolxxlolxxlolx

Maybe he was talking about this

http://argville.com/images/funny-pictures/fat-football-player.jpg

BisonBacker
September 28th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I will be there cheering my ass off no worries. I just live in reality and know that our chances of a playoff berth are about as good as me winning the powerball. What I am interested in though is to see what our backup QB can do. Again not because I think we are going to sniff the playoffs but I want to see what we kind of QB we have to look forward to next year. Maybe with a little experience this year and the offseason to progress we can have a competitve team next year.

I-AA Fan
September 29th, 2009, 09:13 AM
As to YSU:

First of all ...ysupenguins.com is the YSU fan site ...has been since the 80's.

Secondly, if you go the board on there, you will not find too many people excited about YSU's offensive play (pun may be intended). The offense has failed to show up for any game yet, prior to the third quarter. This time, it took until the 4th quarter. Against Pitt, they had one first half drive that produced a 48-yard field goal. 8 minutes, and only 3-points? A FG of that distance after all of that possession time? Against less than stellar Northeastern (no spite intended, I have always liked the Huskies), YSU's offense held the ball for 12:59 in the first quarter alone, & failed to produce a single point. For a YSU team with the most talent on offense since the 1980's, too many people are scratching their heads. The receiving corps is no less than 3-deep, the TB's are 5-deep, the O-line is only 1-man shy of 2-deep (with starters …less center) at each position. TE is a minor issue & FB is a major issue; there are none. It seems to be pointing to the guys up front on offense.

The issues are (IMO):

1. Summers needs to settle down. Waaaaayy too many INT's. He can easily (and I mean easily) be the best QB in the conference and more. From now on, it is for real; these INT’s will result in points for the opposition. He is spreading the ball around nicely among receivers ...but he thinks this is 2008 & he has to do everything. Last season YSU was looking for any hint of offense from a mainly depleted team (worst injury bug I have ever seen). This year, he needs more control & be smarter where he passes. But I do love this kid ...good speed, eyes, and arm. He runs down the receivers like a pro.

2. There are no full-backs ...2 injured and another red-shirted. Spread or not, this is still YSU ...they make their breakfast by ramming the ball down the oppositions collective throats. People are crowding the font, which is to be expected, but they have to hit the hole with some beef. Especially with a young line ...they need some help. The FB is such a crucial position at YSU. It is almost as if Wright (OC) thinks that Summer’s speed makes up for this ...well he is wrong. YSU cannot keep trying to wear down defenses. This is the fka Gateway …every line in the conference is trying to wear you down as well. The TB's are very, very talented ...healthy and experienced. Smith, Scott, and Brown are all seniors with extensive starting experience. Yet, Scott is been at FB most of the time. Sure he is very strong for his size, but I would rather see a line-backer brought over until the FB's are healthy.

3. I think the offensive line positioning is terrible ...inexperienced. They shift and let everyone know that Summers is going play-action or not. This is part of his INT issue (although most of it is just ill-advised passing). Last year, Summers had an issue with not following through on play-action. He was turning too fast, not tucking his hands, and barely giving the look of a pass. This year he is doing very well, but the line is giving it away.

4. TE's are young and hurt, but seem talented.

Perhaps this "vanilla" play calling is intentional ...either the lack of competition or experience (probably both), but this has to change starting today at practice. One of the posters on ysupenguins.com said he felt the team is going back to the Tressel days of playing to the level of your competition. I am not certain I agree about that, as Pitt was certainly “beatable” for a good I-AA club …but he has a point.

On defense ...

The problem begins with the front. They give up too much ground on first; then everyone moves up for second-and-short coverage. YSU is always open over the middle because the LB's and SS are coming in for run-stopping. Last week they were much, much better. So they are learning.

Secondary; repeat after me “STAY AT HOME!!!” I blame this on coaching as well as players. So, these guys in the secondary rush in to be part of the 2nd/3rd and short situations …and get burned for huge gains. Thank goodness that ISU’s front was a bunch of holes, so he only got off a few big plays (not to mention there is not a receiver on that team). NU got off many, many big plays & burned YSU’s secondary for 2 TD’s with baiting that HS players should not fall for.

These are correctable errors, but there is no more time. It has to happen this weekend, and they are going up against a no-huddle look in SMS. I do very much like the direction the team has gone, and is going. Heacock has done quite bit as DC this year.

As to CPU vs SDSU ...I would say the Mustangs should be favored ...but I am pulling for the Jacks of course.

UNIFanSince1983
September 30th, 2009, 09:50 AM
My predictions

UNI -- Sycamores just aren't good at all
SIU -- WIU will be out classed by a good SIU team
MSU -- They are improved, and I am not convinced YSU is...
NDSU -- Fargo will be too much for a poor Redbirds team
Poly -- I really am very torn in this game. I think of it as a pick um, and since it is in SLO I have to go with the Mustangs

Ysuscuba
September 30th, 2009, 10:04 AM
My predictions

UNI
SIU
Ysu
Isu
Poly
SLO

P.s. I dislike the purple team that squats in the northern part of Iowa.

CDT_Wilson
September 30th, 2009, 10:17 AM

You always dislike winners unless you are a fan of the winner.

TCisMYhero
September 30th, 2009, 10:22 AM
My predictions

UNI
SIU
Ysu
Isu
Poly
SLO

It's called a Cleveland Steamer. And it's only during home games that we squat on the other team's chest.

P.S. Youngstown's not a state.

Ysuscuba
September 30th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Isn't that called the Cincinnati bowtie?

cowbellnation
September 30th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Isn't that called the Cincinnati bowtie?

He is from Ohio, you gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. All I know is that the State of Youngstown got a big ole steamer or bowtie in Brookings last year.

TCisMYhero
September 30th, 2009, 10:56 AM
"The Cleveland steamer is a form of coprophilia, where one defecates on another's chest, then rocks back and forth imitating the motion of a steamroller"

Sincerely,
Wikipedia

Ysuscuba
September 30th, 2009, 11:10 AM
The state of Youngstown is looking forward to Jackrabbits trip to the Ice Castle. They will get to see what a real college football stadium looks like! xsmiley_wix. I know we went 4-8 last season but I like to watch teams that close the deal and win Championships.

MplsBison
September 30th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Considering what NDSU has done to ILSU the past two seasons, I see no reason why NDSU wouldn't win this one.

The rest:

UNI
YSU
SIU
SDSU

TCisMYhero
September 30th, 2009, 11:17 AM
The state of Youngstown is looking forward to Jackrabbits trip to the Ice Castle. They will get to see what a real college football stadium looks like! xsmiley_wix. I know we went 4-8 last season but I like to watch teams that close the deal and win Championships.

The last time your team was significant, Mmmbop was a hit song. No joke.

UNIFanSince1983
September 30th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Shouldn't YSU fans dislike us? I mean they haven't beat us this decade I don't think. That is some domination!

I-AA Fan
September 30th, 2009, 12:55 PM
The last time your team was significant, Mmmbop was a hit song. No joke.

The mere fact that "Mmmbop" is something, makes you comment so special. What the heck is it? Did you make that up? What year, who did it, etc? The last time YSU was significant was 2006 ...so I am assuming that is about the time this song came out?

As to YSU fans hating UNI ...not really. Always nice games though. The hatred is evenly spread to all but the Dakotas ...right now they are too far away to show any favor.

ValleyChamp
September 30th, 2009, 01:03 PM
UNI's combined margin of victory the last two seasons over YSU....2.

Ysuscuba
September 30th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Sounds like UNI needs someone to pop their cherry. Who is up for this task? I don't hate,I dislike them. I hate the school that can't read,can't write, kent state.

Western_101
September 30th, 2009, 01:21 PM
I can understand a Hanson Field reference on this forum.

But, mmmmmmmbop, please

ISUMatt
September 30th, 2009, 01:39 PM
The spread in the UNI game is 44

ISUMatt
September 30th, 2009, 01:41 PM
NDSU should win by 21+

Khan4Cats
September 30th, 2009, 01:43 PM
The spread in the UNI game is 44

I don't think we can cover that, we're really nothing special.xwhistlex

THE HERD
September 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
[B]UNI by as many as they want
WIU in a close one
YSU
The Bunnys in another close game
If the Bison D from the SIU game shows up the Bison in a romp, but if the D from Sam Houston game shows up, it will probably be whoever has the ball last/. If the Bison lose one or both of the next two games we will most likely have a new QB for the Bunny game. At least we better, because we will be completely out of the playoff race, which we almost are right now, so Bohl better be getting some reps for whoever will be QB next year. The Bison are a very young squad this year, with a lot of guys getting valuable experience for next year. Plus recruiting has been very good the last two years and some of those players are gonna start showing up next yearB] I think the Bunny game this year will be our superbowl, as well as the UNI game, maybe we can be a spoiler. The Bison will not have much to lose, so I believe the Bison will steal one of those games and my hunch is the Bunnys.xsmiley_wix

Jacks02
September 30th, 2009, 02:18 PM
UNI by as many as they want
WIU in a close one
YSU
The Bunnys in another close game
If the Bison D from the SIU game shows up the Bison in a romp, but if the D from Sam Houston game shows up, it will probably be whoever has the ball last/. If the Bison lose one or both of the next two games we will most likely have a new QB for the Bunny game. At least we better, because we will be completely out of the playoff race, which we almost are right now, so Bohl better be getting some reps for whoever will be QB next year. The Bison are a very young squad this year, with a lot of guys getting valuable experience for next year. Plus recruiting has been very good the last two years and some of those players are gonna start showing up next yearB] I think the Bunny game this year will be our superbowl, as well as the UNI game, maybe we can be a spoiler. [B]The Bison will not have much to lose, so I believe the Bison will steal one of those games and my hunch is the Bunnys.xsmiley_wix

I think SDSU is better this year than last. So far you guys look worse this year than last. The game is in Brookings. I like the Bunnies chances. xsmiley_wix

TCisMYhero
September 30th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I can understand a Hanson Field reference on this forum.

But, mmmmmmmbop, please
Nube.

I-AA Fan
September 30th, 2009, 02:32 PM
BTW:

I did set up an MVFC board that this could be discussed on as well ....

http://missourivalleyfootball.com

Be there ...Aloha

Thumper 76
September 30th, 2009, 02:41 PM
BTW:

I did set up an MVFC board that this could be discussed on as well ....

http://missourivalleyfootball.com

Be there ...Aloha

Ive seen that board before, looks like it could be a fun deal. We definately have enough overall posters from the conference to get it to be a very active site.

Houndawg
October 1st, 2009, 02:24 AM
SIU does have the "Goods" this year. It may not have the same "Goods" as UNI, but the Salukis should be good enough to make the playoffs for the 7th straighht year.

They might have to get in as the third MVC team, SDSU and UNI on the road is very tough. Good news is that three from the MVC could happen, the conference is stronger this year by quite a bit.

MplsBison
October 1st, 2009, 08:50 AM
Going along the lines of Mont State and UNH making the playoffs at 7-4 the last two seasons, dare I say 4 from the MVFC in the playoffs this year?

RowdyRabbit
October 1st, 2009, 09:03 AM
I think SDSU is better this year than last. So far you guys look worse this year than last. The game is in Brookings. I like the Bunnies chances. xsmiley_wix

I like the 'rabbits chances as well, BUT......I remember a couple of years ago and pretty decent undefeated Bison team came to CAS and got beat. And the Bison fans probably liked their chances of winning that game as well.

Us Jacks fans and Bison fans alike should know by now, "records" and "who's better" and "this or that" all get thrown out the window in the Dakota Marker game.

I look for the NDSU game to beat a close game again this year, whether Mertens starts or not, or whether the Bison D comes in giving up 700 yds/game.

It's just how it is the last few years.

- Rowdyrabbit

*On a side note, can someone give me the screen name of an admin I can pm to change my name?*

Pant8her
October 1st, 2009, 09:10 AM

I think NSDU might get on track and take advantage of the home field. This will also likely give them a boost and confidence they need for next week against UNI.

Poor InSU, xsmhx Everyone in the FCS would love to see the Sycamores knock off the Panthers but the likelyhood of this is like the ST. Louis Rams winning the Super Bowl this year. BTW the StL lambs may tie the most NFL losses this season the way they are playing. Unfortunately InSU the string of losses continues.

The advantage to YSU for home field, but the Bears are improving. This will be a good game. I hope to see the Bears win, but it will be Saturday and almost anyone can win at anytime. Last week MSU ran into UNI. And That's all I have to say 'bout that. MSU wins a close one.

WIU might have a chance if Interim Coach Hendrickson can step up (which he did last year). SIU has a lot of returning players with some talent. Last year SIU won on a lot of luck, but this year the skills and confidence will win games. I hope that WIU will get on track. My pick is a close game with SIU winning.

SDSU has a big chip on it's shoulder and I think only a few teams can knock it off. Cal Poly has a shot at this especially with the home field advantage. I think this game might be a good game and could go either way. I will go with the homer style pick and stay with the MVFC and the Jacks.

Peace

UNIFanSince1983
October 1st, 2009, 04:09 PM
For those interested here are the lines for this weekends games:

UNI -44
ISU

NDSU -10
IlState

YSU -8
MSU

SIU -7
WIU

SDSU -3.5
Cal Poly

4N6
October 1st, 2009, 05:12 PM
Poor InSU, xsmhx Everyone in the FCS would love to see the Sycamores knock off the Panthers but the likelyhood of this is like the ST. Louis Rams winning the Super Bowl this year. BTW the StL lambs may tie the most NFL losses this season the way they are playing. Unfortunately InSU the string of losses continues.

Just curious ... why the statement: "Everyone in the FCS would love to see the Sycamores knock off the Panthers."

Thanks.

MSUBear42
October 1st, 2009, 05:17 PM

Just curious ... why the statement: "Everyone in the FCS would love to see the Sycamores knock off the Panthers."

Thanks.

No one likes a winner ;)

Thumper 76
October 1st, 2009, 05:19 PM
Because that would be one hell of an upset and everyone is kinda rooting for the trees to win a game, not necissarily because its against UNI.

UNI Pike
October 1st, 2009, 05:34 PM
No one likes a winner ;)

Then how do you explain the affection for LakesBison and MplsBison? xsmiley_wix