PDA

View Full Version : SoCon - Week 5

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 27th, 2009, 11:06 AM
App. State @ The Citadel - The Citadel certainly looks better than last year and is tough in Chucktown. The Citadel should be fired up and be coming into the game feeling like they can win. But I think they'll fall short. App won't overlook anyone in the conference the way things have gone for them. App 34 El Cid 28

Georgia Southern @ Wofford - GSU's defense has played well. Add to that that Wofford has been less than stellar on defense, I think we can win in a close one. GSU 28 Wofford 24

Chatty - off

Western Carolina @ Samford - Western falls again...Samford 31 Western 14

The Big one...

Elon @ Furman - Payback time? I think Furman will come out on top 34-31.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 27th, 2009, 11:09 AM
LoL...looks like phoenixphanatic picked his team to lose at Furman.
xlolxxlolx

OL FU
September 27th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Appalachian State @ The Citadel - 1:00 p.m. The Citadel gives them a run for it but falls short by 10.
Georgia Southern @ Wofford - 1:30 p.m. Wofford wakes up, GSU stays schizophrenic. WC by 4.
Elon @ Furman - 3:00 p.m. (SportSouth)- Furman by 3 (I'll admit more than a little homerism involved here)
Western Carolina @ Samford - 3:00 p.m. WC improves, Samfords at home. Samford by 10
Bye @ Chattanooga

Millwoch
September 27th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Appy @ El Cid: Even though the PCgame looked like a blow out on paper the Blue Hose exposed the defense as soft on the run(which Appy can do much better than PC) I also think that the Appy D will focus on stopping Roberts with double teams (for the life of me I can not understand why PC did not do this as Roberts ripped their zone coverage for 12 catches 4 for TDS.) This one should be high scoring 45-31 Appy

GSU @ Wofford: Will the usually disciplined Terriers con't. their sloppy play with TOs...if so it could be a long day for the T-dogs. I think Ayers will rally the troops and pull out a close one. 24-21 Wofford

Western @ Samford. Samford should control the line of scrimmage and win by 17. 24-7

Elon @ FU: Riddle is on a roll and the Elon D has gradually improved over the past 2-3 years. Their D is now currently leading the Socon statisically. Is that from weak competition or are they for real. Sorrells will have something to say and if FU can run the ball effectively, they can keep Hudgins and crew on the sideline. I still think Elon will pull a win in another high scoring affair. 38-35 Phoenix.

whoanellie
September 27th, 2009, 11:36 AM
like app over citadel
GSU rebounds over wofford
Samford Rebounds over a still down & out WCU
focused Elon goes after FU.

wcucat85
September 27th, 2009, 11:56 AM
app wins in a shoot out

wofford wins at home against erks team....wheres the triple option we need

samford shuts out western 27-0...........we dont play offense in cullowhee

elon outlasts fu once fu all the time

FurmanPaladins4138
September 27th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Appalachian State 35
The Citadel 21

Wofford 15
Georgia Southern 10

Samford 24
Western Carolina 10

Elon 27
Furman 33

CamelCityAppFan
September 27th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Mountaineers over El Cid in a game that is closer than final score indicates.

T-Dogs over Iggles? Iggles over T-Dogs? One of these teams needs to show they want to win.

B-Dogs in a blowout special over the Whee.

Furples with the early conference lead want to stay there and find a way to win-- Furples over Feenicks by less than 7.

drpnut
September 27th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Appy wins at ELCid 35-24

Sammy takes out the cats... 28-10

Furple (as much as I hate to say it) in a squeeker over the Bird... 28-25

Woffy gets back on track at home and has a pretty good day in beating theeaglets... 35-17

PaladinFan
September 27th, 2009, 02:19 PM
This Elon/Furman game might be a close one. Furman has the highest ypc average on the ground in the SoCon, and are still without starting tailback Mike Brown. He'll be in the lineup against Elon.

GATA
September 27th, 2009, 02:52 PM
All I know is that GSU will put on another embarrassing offensive performance.

Wofford 55 - GSU 13

longtimemocfan
September 27th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Appy-35 El Cid-24

Samford-24 WCU-14

Elon-27 Furman-24

Wofford-28 GSU-21

furpal87
September 28th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Well, at least we had the first major surprise this past weekend in Chatt. That's the first one other than the margin at SDSU a shocker. That makes me wonder if we're better than I think or Wofford is going to be near the bottom this year.

That said:
App 41 Citadel 21
Samford 27 WCU 12
Wofford 21 GSU 20 (no idea really, I'll take the home team)
Furman 37 Elon 36 (2 OT) Think this could be a special game.

catamount man
September 28th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Western Carolina 17-14
Elon 32-29
GSU 27-24
APP 31-14

PaladinFan
September 28th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Well, at least we had the first major surprise this past weekend in Chatt. That's the first one other than the margin at SDSU a shocker. That makes me wonder if we're better than I think or Wofford is going to be near the bottom this year.

That said:
App 41 Citadel 21
Samford 27 WCU 12
Wofford 21 GSU 20 (no idea really, I'll take the home team)
Furman 37 Elon 36 (2 OT) Think this could be a special game.

I wondered the same thing.

I'm not convinced Furman is a top team right now. However, while its hard to compare scores, there is something to be said that Furman went to UTC two weeks earlier, played the same team, at the stadium, and put up 38 points and won by three scores.

ElonPride
September 28th, 2009, 08:07 AM
All I know is that GSU will put on another embarrassing offensive performance.

Wofford 55 - GSU 13

My only prediction of the week:

GSU finds their offense and gives the D a little break.

GSU 35
Wofford 14

appstate38
September 28th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Apps over Citadel
Wofford over GSU
Samford over WCU

Upset special

Elon falls to the Paladins

phoenixphanatic21
September 28th, 2009, 08:34 AM
App beats Citadel
Wofford beats GSU with a last-minute score
Samford rebounds and beats Western
Elon and Furman play a classic, with Elon winning by 3.

PaladinFan
September 28th, 2009, 08:52 AM
If Elon/Furman is the same type game that was last played between these two in Paladin Stadium, the fans will be in for a treat.

The two teams, I think, are very evenly matched. Both have decent defenses coupled by explosive offenses. Furman will finally be at full strength for the first time all season.

Woof
September 28th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Appalachian State 42 v. Citadel 21- Appy's have too many weapons for the bellhops

Wofford 0 v. Georgia Southern 0 - 2 OT - two anemic teams play to a scoreless tie until the refs throw in the towel and leave. xthumbsdownx

Samford 34 v. Western Carolina 10 - Sammy gets back on track with a win over the mountain kitties.

Elon 28 v. Furman 21 - Flaming Pigeons have a bit more O than Furples.

phoenixphanatic21
September 28th, 2009, 09:03 AM
If Elon/Furman is the same type game that was last played between these two in Paladin Stadium, the fans will be in for a treat.

The two teams, I think, are very evenly matched. Both have decent defenses coupled by explosive offenses. Furman will finally be at full strength for the first time all season.

Hopefully we can have a different result from last time, since you don't have Jerome Felton (thank the lord).
I cannot wait for this game. It's got all the makings of a classic, hence why I am very very very seriously considering driving down for the game.
I think this will be a key early matchup to help decide who puts themselves in a great postion to win the SoCon...well, at least 5 weeks into the season. Is it too early to call it that?

CID1990
September 28th, 2009, 09:11 AM
El Cid loses by 10. One or two big plays by AE will be the difference. This should serve as notice to the other strong SoCon teams.

Samford by 20.

Wofford by 7. (Not throwing them out yet..they had one bad day.)

Furman by 10.

(BTW I homer voted in the poll.)

nick9c
September 28th, 2009, 09:31 AM
App State wins a close one in Charleston - I think the Bulldogs play them close. Late TD by ASU.

Samford wins by 10 over WCU.

GSU trounces Wofford by 17, finally getting their offense rolling.

Elon wins by a TD over Furman, as Hudgins has a big day.

PaladinFan
September 28th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Hopefully we can have a different result from last time, since you don't have Jerome Felton (thank the lord).
I cannot wait for this game. It's got all the makings of a classic, hence why I am very very very seriously considering driving down for the game.
I think this will be a key early matchup to help decide who puts themselves in a great postion to win the SoCon...well, at least 5 weeks into the season. Is it too early to call it that?

There are some distinct differences that will be present in this game than from two years ago:

1) Elon has a running game. Two years ago Elon just aired it out all over the field. Furman also is not as big as they were on the front four. Still some talent up front, but they need to force Elon to get one dimensional. The Paladins need to force Elon's backs to go left to right and let our linebackers run them down.

2) While Felton had a big game two years ago, Furman still possesses a tough between the tackles runner in Uhaa. He's certainly no Felton, but Furman is averaging 5 yards a carry this season and he's toted most of the mail. Uhaa isn't a big guy, but he "runs angry."

3) Furman's defense is different. In the past, Furman has lined up with corner backs ranging in the 5'6 mold up against Elon's tall, big bodied recievers. This season, Furman has corners that are in the 6'0 range. A lot of more of those acrobatic catches Hudgins made on 50/50 balls two seasons ago will find the turf.

ElonPride
September 28th, 2009, 10:14 AM
3) Furman's defense is different. In the past, Furman has lined up with corner backs ranging in the 5'6 mold up against Elon's tall, big bodied recievers. This season, Furman has corners that are in the 6'0 range. A lot of more of those acrobatic catches Hudgins made on 50/50 balls two seasons ago will find the turf.

Hudgins is racking up the yards, but Riddle spread the ball to 8 different receivers against GSU. Four on Elon's roster have caught the ball for 100+ yards and 12 have caught at least 1 pass (similiar to Furman's numbers so far). BUT, out of 100 team receptions so far this season, nearly half (43) have been caught by Hudgins.

elon77
September 28th, 2009, 10:16 AM
app state by 14
ga southern by 10
sam by 21
Elon 35 Furman 17 xnodx

ChiefGSU275
September 28th, 2009, 10:30 AM
To everyone in this thread that said that "GSU finds its offense this week" I say LOL! I'm afraid our offense hasnt been recruited yet. GSU's offense has been anemic, to say the least. Last game they managed only 1 offensive TD, the other was from defense. Wofford is usually a well disciplined team, and even being a few players down, I foresee them winning easily against the Eagles and this highly predictable offense.

BullDog85
September 28th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Hillbilly U looses a close one in Chucktown - Last team with ball wins - lots of scoring. The Hillbillies leads at half-time, but loose in 4th quarter comeback to the Dogs in their own back yard. Sam Keller last minute FG makes the difference.xnodx

Bullpups run by Wesux Carolina by 17.

Chain Gang State U squeaks by the Rat Dogs with 3.

The Flaming Pigeons loose a close one in Furples back yard by 7.xbawlingx I hate it when the Furples win.

PaladinFan
September 28th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Hudgins is racking up the yards, but Riddle spread the ball to 8 different receivers against GSU. Four on Elon's roster have caught the ball for 100+ yards and 12 have caught at least 1 pass (similiar to Furman's numbers so far). BUT, out of 100 team receptions so far this season, nearly half (43) have been caught by Hudgins.

Right. If Elon wants to run a lot of bubble screens and quick slants to 19 receivers, Furman will be more than happy to let them. Lamb's defensive philosophy, which has more or less worked for a number of years, has been to keep everything in front, make sure tackles, buckle down in the redzone and wait for the offense to make a mistake.

Expect Furman to come out and try to limit the running game and force Elon to dink and dunk their way down the field. If Elon can run and pass, it might be a long day for the Furman defense.

PhoenixMan
September 28th, 2009, 01:03 PM
It seems that everyone on this thread except the Phoenix fans are picking Furman to win. I'm not sure why, but we like it that way. I think it will be a great game, and turnovers and special teams will make the difference (just like most great games). Riddle/Hudgins have a big day, Furman scores their share also.......final Elon 42 Furman 30

ashram
September 28th, 2009, 01:19 PM
It seems that everyone on this thread except the Phoenix fans are picking Furman to win. I'm not sure why, but we like it that way.

Nope. Actually, up to and including your post, 6 non-Elon fans picked Elon, and 9 non-Elon fans picked Furman. 4 Elon fans have picked Elon.

SU DOG
September 28th, 2009, 01:54 PM
First just a few comments about ASU. IMO, they are far better on special teams than last year. Sure Samford played a pathetic game offensively, however, the Mountaineers have some very speedy dbs, and look even better than last year to me. On offense, Devon Moore and Cedric Baker give these guys some punch and they may even have a better running game than last year. AE IS Superman. Their receivers block better than any one's I have seen. Good receivers with good speed. OK, I don't know what happened against MSU, and the hillbillies aren't paying me a cent, but what I saw in Boone Saturday was VERY scary!! My picks:

ASU
SAMFORD
ELON (in a close one - FU's defense?)
WOFFORD (Can't get a feel for this one and and may have picked GSU in the poll.)

longtimemocfan
September 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
It seems that everyone on this thread except the Phoenix fans are picking Furman to win. I'm not sure why, but we like it that way. I think it will be a great game, and turnovers and special teams will make the difference (just like most great games). Riddle/Hudgins have a big day, Furman scores their share also.......final Elon 42 Furman 30

Actually if you look at the stats for both teams, this game would favor Elon.
Elon is #1 in both total offense and defense in the conference. While Furman is ranked #2 in total offense and #8 in total defense. Last against the pass.
It doesn't mean Elon will win the game, but it is food for thought.

Dinman31
September 28th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Elon 38
Furman 24

I just don't think we have the defense yet to stop Elon. Should be a fun game to watch though!

phoenixphanatic21
September 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Actually if you look at the stats for both teams, this game would favor Elon.
Elon is #1 in both total offense and defense in the conference. While Furman is ranked #2 in total offense and #8 in total defense. Last against the pass.
It doesn't mean Elon will win the game, but it is food for thought.

Not just the #1 defense in the conference, but the #1 defense in the nation xnodx

OL FU
September 28th, 2009, 03:21 PM

That is certainly not the case in the poll. If my math is correct less than half are picking FU.

asknoquarter21
September 28th, 2009, 03:55 PM
App by 20

I don't think App looks past any opponent the rest of the season.

Samford by 30

This is a good team that was hurt by the rain last weekend in Boone.

Wofford by .5

There will be more turnovers than points in this one.

Furman by 3

I watched Furman this Saturday and I think they have enough offensively to test an elon team that has an improved but still isn't proven. Elon will win a shootout but I think Furman can play solid D.

Chatty over Bye

Chatty doesn't lose for 2 straight weeks.

longtimemocfan
September 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
App by 20

I don't think App looks past any opponent the rest of the season.

Samford by 30

This is a good team that was hurt by the rain last weekend in Boone.

Wofford by .5

There will be more turnovers than points in this one.

Furman by 3

I watched Furman this Saturday and I think they have enough offensively to test an elon team that has an improved but still isn't proven. Elon will win a shootout but I think Furman can play solid D.

Chatty over Bye

Chatty doesn't lose for 2 straight weeks.

Actually it's 3 straight weeks....PC,Wofford,Bye. xthumbsupx

asknoquarter21
September 28th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Very nice

I forgot about PC

I think your program is making the right strides, chatty and WCU are making a solid effort to make no team the cellar dweller.

PaladinFan
September 28th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Not just the #1 defense in the conference, but the #1 defense in the nation xnodx

Man maybe we should start scheduling Little Sisters of....er, Davidson.

PhoenixSupreme
September 28th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Man maybe we should start scheduling Little Sisters of....er, Davidson.

I know we've played some cupcake teams to start the season and all, but I think our defense is better than our offense regardless. A big reason is that I believe our defense plays with more consistency than our offense

PaladinFan
September 28th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I know we've played some cupcake teams to start the season and all, but I think our defense is better than our offense regardless. A big reason is that I believe our defense plays with more consistency than our offense

I think Elon has a fine defense. They will get tested this week, I think, more than other weeks.

Should be a great game to watch. Furman is very tough to beat in Paladin Stadium. Elon has a team that can do it, but I think this game will be a dog fight.

whoanellie
September 28th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I think Elon has a fine defense. They will get tested this week, I think, more than other weeks.

Should be a great game to watch. Furman is very tough to beat in Paladin Stadium. Elon has a team that can do it, but I think this game will be a dog fight. and your insinuating our offense is not going to test your defense?
ok guess we will find out...

GATA
September 28th, 2009, 08:26 PM
and your insinuating our offense is not going to test your defense?

he said it was gonna be a dog fight...It doesn't appear he was "insinuating" anything...

PaladinFan
September 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM
and your insinuating our offense is not going to test your defense?

Yes, our defense will have a challenge.

CrackerRiley
September 28th, 2009, 08:55 PM
ASU 34 Cit 17

Wofford 17 GSU 10

Samford 27 WCU 10

Elon 31 FU 21

Why? Because I said so! xthumbsupx

seantaylor
September 28th, 2009, 10:02 PM
The best coach in the conference against the worst coach in the conference. GSU gets killed again.

Gringer1
September 28th, 2009, 10:25 PM
The best coach in the conference against the worst coach in the conference. GSU gets killed again.

Yeah, the winningest coach in Valdosta State history, coach of 2 time Harlon Hill winner, back to back undefeated regular seasons, 14 coach of the year awards, with 2 national championship appearances and 1 national title. Not to mention he's not even 40 yet. Yeah, he's clearly the worst coach around. Sure, he's made a few poor game time decisions, but there is a learning curve moving up to a higher division. As soon as you can accomplish half that much, I'll vote you to be the new coach.

Phoenixrising
September 28th, 2009, 11:24 PM
I went down to Furman two years ago and watched one of the greatest heart-breakers of my life! It was one of the highest, if not the highest scoring game in Socon history with a final being something like 51,49 or something crazy like that. Our special teams let us down that year and I believe it was Felton (?) who just could not be stopped in his last home performance as a Paladin. It was a special game then and I expect nothing less this Saturday!

Lets go Phoenix!

james_lawfirm
September 29th, 2009, 04:47 AM
I went down to Furman two years ago and watched one of the greatest heart-breakers of my life! It was one of the highest, if not the highest scoring game in Socon history with a final being something like 51,49 or something crazy like that. Our special teams let us down that year and I believe it was Felton (?) who just could not be stopped in his last home performance as a Paladin. It was a special game then and I expect nothing less this Saturday!

Lets go Phoenix!

Not sure what the highest SoCon game in history was, but that was not it. In 2004, ASU went to Chatty, scored 54 points AND LOST by 3!!!

PaladinFan
September 29th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Not sure what the highest SoCon game in history was, but that was not it. In 2004, ASU went to Chatty, scored 54 points AND LOST by 3!!!

Furman scored 51, I think, against the Citadel two years ago and managed to lose.

Remember back when this conference played defense?

terrierbob
September 29th, 2009, 12:41 PM
FWIW:

Wofford injury update:

injury update
Wofford opened the season without running back Jeremy Marshall, who is still recovering from
a knee injury suffered in the 2008 Appalachian State game. Freshmen Cody Burris (clavicle) and Kenny Barnes (knee) will also miss the season after injuries in August camp. S Hunter Hobson,
LB Ricco Braxton, WR Brenton Bersin, FB Eric Breitenstein, DL Anthony Williamson, WR Montae
Monroe and LB Mike Niam (knee, out for season) were out of the Chattanooga game due to injury
or sickness. During the Chattanooga game, LB Gary Blount (shoulder), DL Zach Bobb (foot) and CB
Stephon Shelton (hip) were injured and will be evaluated during the week.

Ivytalk
September 29th, 2009, 12:47 PM
App State
Woe-ford
Samford & Son
Furburger

PhoenixMan
September 29th, 2009, 12:48 PM
FWIW:

Wofford injury update:

injury update
Wofford opened the season without running back Jeremy Marshall, who is still recovering from
a knee injury suffered in the 2008 Appalachian State game. Freshmen Cody Burris (clavicle) and Kenny Barnes (knee) will also miss the season after injuries in August camp. S Hunter Hobson,
LB Ricco Braxton, WR Brenton Bersin, FB Eric Breitenstein, DL Anthony Williamson, WR Montae
Monroe and LB Mike Niam (knee, out for season) were out of the Chattanooga game due to injury
or sickness. During the Chattanooga game, LB Gary Blount (shoulder), DL Zach Bobb (foot) and CB

Good Lord! They playing with roadside bombs in Spartanburg. That is a lot of kids hurtxeekx

GSUhooligan
September 29th, 2009, 12:56 PM
FWIW:

Wofford injury update:

injury update

Any of those guys going to be back for our game or is it still too early in the week to tell?

terrierbob
September 29th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Any of those guys going to be back for our game or is it still too early in the week to tell?

Not close enough to the program to know. The heavy hitters (Breitenstein and Niam) are gone. Best RB and best LB. Jeremy Marshall had speed and power as a RB.

straightshooter
September 29th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Ayers also said that 10 guys missed practice yesterday with the flu.

jmufan999
September 29th, 2009, 01:44 PM
geez, that's some poll question. "Which will have a better season in 2009? The combined records of Richmond, Nova, and W&M.... or Rhode Island, Northeastern, and Hofstra?"

kind of like saying "would you rather have a cheeseburger or get punched in the face?

if it's not already clear, i voted for Samford only.

OL FU
September 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Ayers also said that 10 guys missed practice yesterday with the flu.

Please stay on the northern side of Lymanxeekx

Hate to hear that.

ericsaid
September 29th, 2009, 02:30 PM
App-48 Cit-17 Devon Moore-150+ yards
GSU-24 Woff-17
Elon-38 FU-24
Samford-31 WCU-10

Woof
September 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM
FWIW:

Wofford injury update:

injury update

Yep. We are now officially a M.A.S.H. unit. Seems like if it can wrong, it has this year. xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

GATA
September 29th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Yep. We are now officially a M.A.S.H. unit. Seems like if it can wrong, it has this year. xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

Good grief. Half of your team is injured and half of our team are true freshman...I smell a ridiculously crappy game coming up this Saturday. I feel this will be one of those games that each team will TRY to lose, but one will try to lose just a little bit harder...the other team will get stuck with a W.

SU 82
September 29th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Appalachian State 38
The Citadel 17

Georgia Southern 14
Wofford 17

Western Carolina 16
Samford 28

Elon 35
Furman 28

matfu
September 29th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Last year at Elon I thought the Elon defense was faster and bigger than Furman. Certainly Furman is capable of beating Elon on Saturday but it will take our best game to beat them. They are a good team and unless we bring our "A" game they will win. If we each have an average game Elon will win.

Phoenixalltheway
September 30th, 2009, 07:21 AM
i just think app's the most overrated team in the country. samford, who is also garbage, could well give them trouble, but i still like app to win

Eaglesrus
September 30th, 2009, 07:32 AM
i just think app's the most overrated team in the country. samford, who is also garbage, could well give them trouble, but i still like app to win

Hmmm, I'm afraid you are a week behind, but good call on the App win.

Phoenixalltheway
September 30th, 2009, 07:35 AM
good call i meant to say citadel, who is also garbage

ashram
September 30th, 2009, 08:17 AM

You're going out of your way to make friends around here, huh? Elon fans have to have a pretty short memory to talk this kind of trash.

ElonPride
September 30th, 2009, 08:24 AM
You're going out of your way to make friends around here, huh? Elon fans have to have a pretty short memory to talk this kind of trash.

Hey, don't lump us all into this! You know darn well that most of the Elon fans on this board are respectful.

biggie
September 30th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Hey, don't lump us all into this! You know darn well that most of the Elon fans on this board are respectful.
Ashame the Elon AGS fanbase's football IQ has dropped 100 pts with the addition of this new one though.

Woof
September 30th, 2009, 08:35 AM

Is Elon Alexales' team this year?xlolxxlolxxlolx

ashram
September 30th, 2009, 08:36 AM

I didn't lump all Elon fans together. I just meant that if you're an Elon fan talking trash about The Citadel, you must not remember the Elon teams of a few years ago. I absolutely realize that most Elon fans on AGS are respectful of other teams.

appirishmen
September 30th, 2009, 09:34 AM
APP over bellhops.... our d is finally in town...whether they decide to play or just watch will depend on the score.

puppies over sick birds

samford over WCU thats all i have to say about that

this will be a close game. i saw Elone last week vs GSU.... i know it was raining but they didnt look that great against what looked like a weak GSU d. if the purple pansy's can stop Hudgins, they will win by a few. i hate to say it but i say Elone over pansy's by 3.

PaladinFan
September 30th, 2009, 09:43 AM
APP over bellhops.... our d is finally in town...whether they decide to play or just watch will depend on the score.

puppies over sick birds

this will be a close game. i saw Elone last week vs GSU.... i know it was raining but they didnt look that great against what looked like a weak GSU d. if the purple pansy's can stop Hudgins, they will win by a few. i hate to say it but i say Elone over pansy's by 3.

We'll see. I think the GSU defense is pretty decent. I don't think Elon's defense will be in the Furman backfield like they were against the Eagles. Furman has a very underrated offensive line. Sorrells has only been sacked twice this season. Compare that to the 17 sacks given up by GSU's o-line.

gophoenix
September 30th, 2009, 09:55 AM

So, curious. If Samford is garbage, and App is overrated, and the CAA is overrated. Then, who isn't overrated?

gophoenix
September 30th, 2009, 09:58 AM

puppies over sick birds

Surprise, yet another post by AppIrishmen with more to stay about Elon than App.

You and Phoenixalltheway need to get together.... I'd love to see the test for who actually is more biased and anti-the other team.

SideLine Shooter
September 30th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Is Elon Alexales' team this year?xlolxxlolxxlolx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxthumbsupx

ASUG8
September 30th, 2009, 10:13 AM

FAIL

Catch up - that game has already happened.

ElonPride
September 30th, 2009, 10:42 AM
FAIL

Catch up - that game has already happened.

Anyone ever go to failblog.org? This Elon fan should surely be the star!

elon77
September 30th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Ashame the Elon AGS fanbase's football IQ has dropped 100 pts with the addition of this new one though.

I'm ashamed to say your statement is probably very true.:(

Skjellyfetti
September 30th, 2009, 11:14 AM
So, curious. If Samford is garbage, and App is overrated, and the CAA is overrated. Then, who isn't overrated?

Elon.

SCPALADIN
September 30th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Elon.

By default, apparently.xrolleyesx

apppackdad
September 30th, 2009, 11:56 AM
App 31- Cit 14. Pups have some moments, but not enough.

Sam 28- WCU 7. Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.

So Ga 13- Wuf 10. Eaglets stack line, late turnover seals Terriers' fate.

Furm 21- E. Gibsonville 14. Birds fail another big road test.

appirishmen
September 30th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Surprise, yet another post by AppIrishmen with more to stay about Elon than App.

You and Phoenixalltheway need to get together.... I'd love to see the test for who actually is more biased and anti-the other team.

by the way i picked Elon to win.....i said that FU would have a shot. and there isnt much to say about app. if our d shows up we will win well. if they dont......it will be close. i just dont like Elon. growing up right around the corner..... just dont. that might make me biased a little. best of luck and see yall later.

Elone over pansy's by 3.

gophoenix
September 30th, 2009, 04:04 PM
by the way i picked Elon to win.....i said that FU would have a shot. and there isnt much to say about app. if our d shows up we will win well. if they dont......it will be close. i just dont like Elon. growing up right around the corner..... just dont. that might make me biased a little. best of luck and see yall later.

Elone over pansy's by 3.

You guys crack me up. You post more about Elon than App. And he whines about CAA and App more than posting about Elon.

appirishmen
September 30th, 2009, 04:41 PM
i try to keep you entertained. haha. o well for all its worth best of luck.

Skjellyfetti
September 30th, 2009, 05:05 PM
You guys crack me up. You post more about Elon than App. And he whines about CAA and App more than posting about Elon.

Interesting. I did a seach of your posts and "App" and got 500 hits. I'm not sure... maybe 500 is the maxim allowed to be returned... so it could be higher.

~1/3 of your 1,800 posts mention App. xeekx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/search.php?searchid=843258

PaladinFan
September 30th, 2009, 05:29 PM
App @ El Cid: App wins 34-14. I'm not completely sure what the Citadel has at this very moment. It's worth noting, though, that ASU hasn't looked good in three games and Charleston is a tough place to play.

Samford @ WCU: Sammy 27-14. WCU looks better, but Samford's defense is going to make it tough sledding all day.

GSU @ Wofford: Eagles 27-20. I don't know if the UTC game told us more about the Mocs or the Terriers. Sure, maybe the Mocs are relevant again. Just as plausible, though, is that the Terriers are one of the conference's bottom teams this season. The Eagles have got to figure out a way to keep people off their quarterback or change offenses. Four games and 17 sacks is atrocious.

Elon @ Furman: Furman 27-20. Will be lower scoring than they could be as both offenses are control the clock type outfits. Furman plays very well at home and is really ready for this game by all accounts.

AppChicago
September 30th, 2009, 07:05 PM
App @ El Cid: App wins 34-14. I'm not completely sure what the Citadel has at this very moment. It's worth noting, though, that ASU hasn't looked good in three games and Charleston is a tough place to play.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I'll reiterate: I reject the notion that App looked bad in the Samford game. They look bad on paper after the fact, but looked okay at the Rock. I'm not trying to make excuses, but they played the game in the rain, and I saw, first hand, the effect that the wet ball was having. Had it been a dry day, I think the offense would have turned it up.

But don't take my word for it. We'll see this weekend.

utcfan
October 2nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
ASU 31
Citadel 21

Wofford 20
Georgia Southern 14

Western Carolina 20
Samford 28

Elon 24
Furman 28