September 26th, 2009, 10:37 PM
xconfusedxxconfusedx

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Have you guys been to the playoffs before? xlolx

phoenixphanatic21
September 26th, 2009, 10:42 PM
xoopsx
I'd like to repeat what I just said in another thread.

Dear Phoenixalltheway, please shut up.

LacesOut
September 26th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Uhhh.......I don't get it??

Please explain your stupid joke.......

RazorEdge19
September 26th, 2009, 10:43 PM
The closest you got the the playoffs was when Elon played Wofford last year for the top spot in the SoCon at the time.

How'd that game go for you again?

grizfan88
Missoula

RazorEdge19
xoopsx

^ A sane fan. Listen to the wisdom this man speaks.

StrikeJMU
September 26th, 2009, 10:48 PM
who knew?

Skjellyfetti
September 26th, 2009, 10:50 PM
In club roller hockey?

http://www.elon.edu/pendulum/Story.aspx?id=220

Phoenixalltheway
September 26th, 2009, 10:55 PM
i didn't say elon was titletown usa. i was asking who is titletown usa

phoenixphanatic21
September 26th, 2009, 10:57 PM
can i not be pumped for my team and is it that insane to think we could win a national title this year?

You can be pumped, but yes, it is insane to think well win a national title this year. I'd love to see it happen, but im gonna worry more about beating Furman next week. Please, just don't be 'that guy' that makes the rest of the fans of his team look bad.

StrikeJMU
September 26th, 2009, 10:57 PM
yes, slightly insane.

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2009, 10:58 PM
can i not be pumped for my team and is it that insane to think we could win a national title this year?

You guys could at least beat a good team first. xrolleyesx

grizfan88
September 26th, 2009, 11:00 PM
You haven't beaten anyone yet. To sit here and make these statments when your best win is against a bad Georgia Southern team, then yes you would be insane to think Elon could win a National Championship this year. Prove something first.

appmountaineer
September 26th, 2009, 11:00 PM
1. calm down. Yes elon looks good this year, but its still early.
2. titletown usa, I think not.
3. As of right now this season I think many ags fans would say Richmond looks poised for a repeat. But, that's why we have the playoffs.
4. I look forward to another asu win v. elon later this season. can't wait to be there.

Skjellyfetti
September 26th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah, no doubt. Nothing wrong with that.

But, do you realize how silly it is to proclaim Elon, NC "Titletown" when they've never even made the playoffs?

xlolx

Also, your team has a history of choking in November. It's still September... xlolx . Lot of football left to be played.

CDT_Wilson
September 26th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Well you were tied for first in the FCS....... then the season started and everyone wasn't 0-0.

bobbythekidd
September 26th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Titletown is still Valdosta Ga. xreadx

Phoenixalltheway
September 26th, 2009, 11:24 PM
can someone do me a favor and just delete this thread. i dont want to sound like an idiot anymore

grizfan88
September 26th, 2009, 11:28 PM
can someone do me a favor and just delete this thread. i dont want to sound like an idiot anymore

No way! Threads like this come in handy come late November.

grizfan88
September 26th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Aww dayum. All these posts at not one of us quoted the original. :(

PhoenixSupreme
September 26th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Titletown is still Valdosta Ga. xreadx

From all I've heard about Valdosta (with the D-II program and the high school championships) I'd concur. xbowx

StrikeJMU
September 26th, 2009, 11:31 PM
No way! Threads like this come in handy come late November.

Give the kid a break.

PhoenixSupreme
September 26th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Give the kid a break.

Why? He's posted like 10 of these obnoxious threads today and yesterday that have made us Elon fans look bad. The only real relevant thread he's made was the one concerning Scott Riddle breaking the SoCon pass completion and yardage record by a former ETSU QB (forgot the name sorry), but even then it was still an obnoxious thread.

Phoenixalltheway
September 26th, 2009, 11:37 PM
seriously i was just pumped about the win. i don't want to give other teams bulletin board material. id rather just watch elon do their talking on the field.

StrikeJMU
September 26th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Why? He's posted like 10 of these obnoxious threads today and yesterday that have made us Elon fans look bad. The only real relevant thread he's made was the one concerning Scott Riddle breaking the SoCon pass completion and yardage record by a former ETSU QB (forgot the name sorry), but even then it was still an obnoxious thread.

fair enough.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 26th, 2009, 11:48 PM
seriously i was just pumped about the win. i don't want to give other teams bulletin board material. id rather just watch elon do their talking on the field.

I doubt the teams are gonna read this stuff. xpeacex

Phoenixalltheway
September 26th, 2009, 11:48 PM
seriously tho just remove the post

PhoenixSupreme
September 26th, 2009, 11:58 PM

Well to be honest my first few posts were a little cocky as well and I got put into place fairly quickly, right after the Wofford loss last year. It's fine to be pumped for a win...any fan should be. It's just taking that excitement and fueling it into cockiness, brashness, and potentially unrealistic ambitions that can make you the laughingstock of the town. I've seen several other new posters act the same way in their posts and it pains me to watch. I'm not saying I'm the "Allmighty Perfect Poster" cuz I'm still relatively new too I guess, but I'd like to think I have a reasonable mix of ambition as well as realism.

catdaddy2402
September 27th, 2009, 12:21 AM

I highly doubt any of your upcoming opponents are scouring fan message boards looking for bulletin board material.

I do, however, feel pretty sure there's plenty of Socon posters who have saved your words for later on this year.

It's good to be excited about your team.....but there's no need in being a douche about it over and over and over. I feel safe in saying your fellow Elon fans would appreciate it if you would act like you have even a minuscule amount of class.

WestCoastAggie
September 27th, 2009, 12:48 AM
xoopsx

xlolx & xsmhx @Phoenixalltheway

BTW: GO FIGHTING CHRISTIANS!!!! xwhistlex

AlphaSigMD
September 27th, 2009, 02:22 AM
In all fairness to the OP, I think Elon won the NAIA National Championship in 1981...

So if you count that...

But I think some Montana fan chided me once about Carroll College winning 4-in-a-row, so I think they probably still have the goods on the NAIA Titletown designation...

JMU Newbill
September 27th, 2009, 02:31 AM
quit braggin til you beat someone fron the CAA..... doushe

griz8791
September 27th, 2009, 08:06 AM
You could always change your username to Elonbo.

Cocky
September 27th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Jacksonville, Alabama
We (JSU) just haven't used the parade route in quite awhile. The HS has had one as recently as last year.

Gil Dobie
September 27th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I-AA/FCS = Statesboro, GA

BossEagle
September 27th, 2009, 11:03 AM
TitleTown, USA= Valdosta, GA. ESPN settled that one.

phoenix3
September 27th, 2009, 11:23 AM
xoopsx

What he said.

gophoenix
September 27th, 2009, 12:03 PM
-sigh-

Dude, you are killing the rest of us. All you're doing is giving everyone smack ammo. Cripes.

SideLine Shooter
September 27th, 2009, 12:34 PM

Too Late for that!xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx