September 26th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Sorry but didn't see this anywhere!!!

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2009, 07:59 PM
What the F Maine? Care to explain?

(oh snap that rhymed:))

otto4pres
September 26th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Inclement weather slowing Syracuse down.

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Maine is so bi-polar this year...

UNIFanSince1983
Is this game at Maine then?

R3TRO
Go Maine!

PantherRob82

Weather? Isn't the game in the Carrier Dome?

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2009, 08:02 PM

Weather? Isn't the game in the Carrier Dome?

wait a second

THAT WAS A FUNNY!!!!!xlolxxlolxxlolx

REPS

Old Cat Fan
September 26th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Go Maine, what the heck? is this board declining, CAA team leading Big East school into the third not even a game thread xconfusedx
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/boxscore?gid=200909260014

otto4pres
September 26th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Syracuse just took the lead 20-17 with 6:00 left in the 3rd

video feed- http://www.justin.tv/xtreme4free

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 26th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Maine is so bi-polar this year...

that would make them bi-polar bearsxlolxxlolxxlolx

Go Maine!!

Gil Dobie
September 26th, 2009, 08:53 PM
that would make them bi-polar bearsxlolxxlolxxlolx

Go Maine!!

Syracuse is pretty bad this year, they lost to Minnesota at home. :(

Jackman
September 26th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Looks like it's too late for this now that they're down 34-17, but...

GO YOU DIRTY CUBS!!!

danefan
September 27th, 2009, 07:57 AM
If we voted on the best team to perform in the first half of all their games, I'm pretty sure Maine would be #1.

Do they go into the lockerroom and just decide they won't do anything in the second half. Holy crap.

bainsey
September 28th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I was there Saturday night, and we were quite thrilled in the visiting section, at least for a while.

Simply put, Maine has a new starting quarterback. Mike Brusko has moved from QB to WR on most plays, and also does punting (when Maine isn't running a trick play). Iona transfer Warren Smith has taken over as starting QB. He has the arm that Brusko doesn't, but hopefully he can learn to be the solid leader that Brusko is.

After a Maine field goal in the second quarter (7-3 SU, at this point), Maine pulled off a tap-the-ball onside kick that stunned SU and was recovered by the kicker. The next play was a 56-yard TD pass from Smith. Smith had another TD drive that quarter, and SU salvaged two field goals.

It was all Orange from there. Maine had a far better second-half effort than at Albany, but superior athletic talent took over. As frustrating as the second half was, I certainly cannot call it surprising.

Maine will have another shot at Syracuse next year. In the meantime, it's all CAA from now on, and I'm feeling a lot better about this team that I did last week.

danefan
September 28th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I was there Saturday night, and we were quite thrilled in the visiting section, at least for a while.

Simply put, Maine has a new starting quarterback. Mike Brusko has moved from QB to WR on most plays, and also does punting (when Maine isn't running a trick play). Iona transfer Warren Smith has taken over as starting QB. He has the arm that Brusko doesn't, but hopefully he can learn to be the solid leader that Brusko is.

After a Maine field goal in the second quarter (7-3 SU, at this point), Maine pulled off a tap-the-ball onside kick that stunned SU and was recovered by the kicker. The next play was a 56-yard TD pass from Smith. Smith had another TD drive that quarter, and SU salvaged two field goals.

It was all Orange from there. Maine had a far better second-half effort than at Albany, but superior athletic talent took over. As frustrating as the second half was, I certainly cannot call it surprising.

Maine will have another shot at Syracuse next year. In the meantime, it's all CAA from now on, and I'm feeling a lot better about this team that I did last week.

Well Albany will certainly be cheering for the Blackbears. The halftime score of the Syracuse game went around the alumni ring like wildfire. We were hoping for a de facto 1-degree of separation win over Syracuse. xlolx

Good luck the rest of the season. You'll need it in the North. UMass is a team to be reckoned with.

Bull Fan
September 28th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Syracuse is pretty bad this year, they lost to Minnesota at home. :(

Uhh.... Minnesota's not that bad and 'Cuse has been horrible for years now. New coaching regime, but FWIW they're still 'Cuse until things change. I know this board is all about I-AA, but do you pay attention to the major conferences at all?

GaelsFootball
September 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM

Leadership is one of Warren's best qualities as a football player. When our starting QB/captain went down last year he stepped up as a true Frosh and the offense didnt miss a beat. He demands respect and keeps control in the huddle and his passion to keep improving and get better everyday is unmatched by most.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 28th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Can Maine go 4-1 thru Richmond, UMass, UNH, UD and Richmond?

Tough row to hoe to get to the playoffs.

Bull Fan
September 28th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Can Maine go 4-1 thru Richmond, UMass, UNH, UD and Richmond?

Tough row to hoe to get to the playoffs.

That's life in the CAA... you just never know who's going to survive each year.

Dane96
September 28th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I see Maine going maybe 3-2 with that group...with wins against UD, UNH and Richmond, but until they can put two halves together, I see them going 2-3 and it would not shock me to see 1-4.

None of that makes sense...which is exactly how you can describe this team; what are you getting with them from week-to-week...and half-to-half.