PDA

View Full Version : Does Georgia Southern have the worst offense in the history of FCS football?

GATA
September 26th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I vote yes.

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2009, 04:07 PM
that would be ironic in the sense that at one point in history GSU had arguably the best offense:)

SC-T-Dogg
September 26th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I hope you rebound, just not next weekend in Spartanburg!

bulldog10jw
September 26th, 2009, 04:22 PM
No, Yale does.

I Bleed Purple
September 26th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Northern Colorado anyone?

jmc_jackrabbit
September 26th, 2009, 04:24 PM
No. Indiana State does. I've seen them both in person. ISU is worse by a mile.

Franks Tanks
September 26th, 2009, 04:28 PM
No, Yale does.

Actually I think it may be Georgetown.

Achilles Return
September 26th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Can we please go back to the triple option?

bulldog10jw
September 26th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Actually I think it may be Georgetown.

You will get your chance to compare them next week. xlolx

I Bleed Purple
September 26th, 2009, 04:53 PM

I sure like the way Navy runs it.

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2009, 04:54 PM

I'm gonna say....not this year (obviously:))

HoyaMetanoia
September 26th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Georgetown. Not close.

Didn't score an offensive TD between minute 5 of game 1 and minute 35 of game 4.

Today we were even stuffed 4 plays in a row after first and goal at the 2.

Thumper 76
September 26th, 2009, 05:32 PM
at least u get that close, ISU blue has a tough time sniffing the red zone most games.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 26th, 2009, 05:35 PM
GSU might have the worst offensive line in the FCS.

ElonPride
September 26th, 2009, 06:28 PM
No.....not close. Elon of 2003 takes the cake. Only averaged like 9.7 ppg.........

PaladinFan
September 26th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Right now we are playing a WCU team that hasn't scored in the first half of any game and they are averaging 7 a game.

MplsBison
September 26th, 2009, 07:07 PM

No, it's not the 1950's anymore.

Achilles Return
September 26th, 2009, 07:22 PM

This doesn't make sense to me.

DFW HOYA
September 26th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Georgetown. Not close.

Didn't score an offensive TD between minute 5 of game 1 and minute 35 of game 4.

Today we were even stuffed 4 plays in a row after first and goal at the 2.

Honorable mention for giving up an two onside kicks in one quarter.

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2009, 07:24 PM

dumbest post of the year

hippy@GSU
September 26th, 2009, 07:33 PM

Folks,
Don't worry about MplsBison. His MO is to drum up argument with provocative statements.

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Folks,
Don't worry about MplsBison. His MO is to drum up argument with provocative statements.

I know, just thought it was a sign of ignorance as if he doesn't know that GSU ran that until recently

KiddBrewer
September 26th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Bye's offense SUCKS! they havent scored in YEARS!

hell of a defense though....

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Bye's offense SUCKS! they havent scored in YEARS!

hell of a defense though....

repsxlolx

MplsBison
September 26th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Oh I knew.

I remember well when NDSU went down to GA and took it to the Eagles when they were trying to run a west coast. Their coach at the time even commented something to effect that NDSU was a program that wanted to emulate.

KiddBrewer
September 26th, 2009, 07:59 PM
but for real, HELL NO GSU doesnt have the worst offense ever....can you imagine some of the God awful offenses there have been in the history of FCS?!?

it may suck, but not as bad as some have im sure

mrklean
September 26th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Oh I knew.

I remember well when NDSU went down to GA and took it to the Eagles when they were trying to run a west coast. Their coach at the time even commented something to effect that NDSU was a program that wanted to emulate.

And you see what happened to him at the end of the year.

NSUDemon98
September 26th, 2009, 10:41 PM
I vote yes.

No, the worst offense in FCS history resides on the campus of Northwestern State in Natchitoches, La. xnonono2x

EKU05
September 26th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Have you guys see the EKU offense? Good thing our defense is among the best in FCS. We're NEARLY 3-0 never having scored more than 23 points The average score of EKU's three games...

EKU-17.667
Opp-13.667

UNCBears2010
September 26th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Northern Colorado anyone?

Yes, and you can get rid of "FCS" in the question. We have the worst offense in the history of football.

UNCBears2010
September 26th, 2009, 11:10 PM
GSU might have the worst offensive line in the FCS.

GSU's offensive line can't be worse than UNC. Our QB was so worried about getting hit today that he couldn't even catch the snap.

CID1990
September 26th, 2009, 11:27 PM
I think Prairie View and Columbia of yesteryear would be co-champions in this category.

eaglewraith
September 26th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Oh I knew.

And that was the dumbest coach to ever step foot on a college football field. Good job thinking of that as a compliment.

seantaylor
September 26th, 2009, 11:43 PM
We have the worst coach in the FCS. Hatcher is a redneck rube who escapes criticism because he is from Georgia. Just a terrible coach.

UNCBears2010
September 27th, 2009, 12:13 AM
We have the worst coach in the FCS. Hatcher is a redneck rube who escapes criticism because he is from Georgia. Just a terrible coach.

Can't be worse than Scott Downing, who is a clueless coward with a 4-34 record in his career at UNC. Not to mention that Bears fans legitimately hate him.

Achilles Return
September 27th, 2009, 12:15 AM

Why did we fire mike sewak again?

MaximumBobcat
September 27th, 2009, 01:36 AM

Barrick Nealy.

txst80
September 27th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Barrick Nealy.

xlolx

T-Dog
September 27th, 2009, 02:09 AM

http://www.burntorangenation.com/images/admin/vangorder.jpg

So you could bring my genius to Southern Georgia University and you could stop living in the past. Too bad those "fans" couldn't appreciate what we were doing in turning around that program. But then I realized those "fans" were crazy and wanted me to do insane things like play Jayson Foster and bring back the outdated Triple Option so I caught the first train to Atlanta when I could to get out of that stink hole.

Achilles Return
September 27th, 2009, 06:07 AM
http://www.burntorangenation.com/images/admin/vangorder.jpg

So you could bring my genius to Southern Georgia University and you could stop living in the past. Too bad those "fans" couldn't appreciate what we were doing in turning around that program. But then I realized those "fans" were crazy and wanted me to do insane things like play Jayson Foster and bring back the outdated Triple Option so I caught the first train to Atlanta when I could to get out of that stink hole.

I really hate that guy.

JohnStOnge
September 27th, 2009, 07:58 AM

Because it was obvious after they averaged 470 yards as well as 38 points per game in 2005 and lost a playoff game during which they scored 35 points but gave up 50 that the offensive system they'd used while making all those playoff appearances and winning all those national championships was the problem. It had to go.

MplsBison
September 27th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Because it was obvious after they averaged 470 yards as well as 38 points per game in 2005 and lost a playoff game during which they scored 35 points but gave up 50 that the offensive system they'd used while making all those playoff appearances and winning all those national championships was the problem. It had to go.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with the triple option. It's a fine offense.

But it's no better than any other offense.

It comes down to the skill you have running the offense. You can make any scheme be great with great players and a great coordinator who knows when to call a run or a pass.

See GA Tech getting their brains beat in by Miami a few weeks ago. Nothing special about the triple option then. It's just another offense.

JohnStOnge
September 27th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Honestly, there is nothing wrong with the triple option. It's a fine offense.

But it's no better than any other offense.

It comes down to the skill you have running the offense. You can make any scheme be great with great players and a great coordinator who knows when to call a run or a pass.

See GA Tech getting their brains beat in by Miami a few weeks ago. Nothing special about the triple option then. It's just another offense.

I think the the systems both in running that offense and recruiting players available to fit it was very well established at Georgia Southern and was continuing to work very well. It was a classic case of fixing something that wasn't broken.

straightshooter
September 27th, 2009, 11:15 AM

Let's see. Hatcher's all time college head coaching record is 91-23. He's got one national title and one national runner-up. He's coached two Harlon Hill Award winners and one Walter Payton Award winner. In 2007, his first season at GSU, he took a rag tag totally depressed team that went 3-8 in 2006 and went 7-4, missed winning the SoCon title by a couple of inches on a last play FG.

He's coaching a team with 78 freshmen and sophomores and 30 of them on the two deep. GSU has lost two games on the road to Top 25 senior oriented opponents. Six of the offensive starters are either true freshmen or first time starters. Just imagine an NFL coach starting six rookies and a second year QB with very few starts on offense

Hatcher is a fine coach. His record shows that.

No GSU doesn't have a terrible coach. GSU has some terrible fans who have a case of Bear Bryant syndrome and zero knowledge of the game of football.

wcucat85
September 27th, 2009, 12:00 PM
AMEN STRAIGHT SHOOTER...................I was at the Western GSU scrimmage and the GSU fans are very.............ignorant about football...............All they know is "triple option" and 'THATS NOT WHAT ERK WOULD HAVE DONE"In two years they will be happy as heck ....IF THEY ARE PATIENT

wcucat85
September 27th, 2009, 12:12 PM
GSU you guys have a good coach and great facilities as well as 2 million a year in donations ....give it time

GATA
September 27th, 2009, 06:55 PM
GSU you guys have a good coach and great facilities as well as 2 million a year in donations ....give it time

I won't go as far as some of the other GSU fans and say Hatcher is a bad coach, because CLEARLY he isn't.

The problem I have is that our offense this year is an abomination. We're VERY vanilla, we have little talent on offense, and we haven't improved from week 1 to week 4.

I think Hatcher should have through the 2010 season (4 years) to make the playoffs...that is PLENTY of time. If not, I say let's cut bait and get somebody else in there who can use the little talent we do have and make something happen.

GATA
September 27th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Can't be worse than Scott Downing, who is a clueless coward with a 4-34 record in his career at UNC. Not to mention that Bears fans legitimately hate him.

LOL. god damn. I'm sorry guys...that really is bad. Nobody deserves that. PLEASE get rid of your coach!

GATA
September 27th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Barrick Nealy.

aaah yes. the one man offense. he was really a special player...

He had something to do with it...but I'm pretty sure Sewak was getting fired unless he won a national title in 2005.

UNCBears2010
September 27th, 2009, 07:09 PM
LOL. god damn. I'm sorry guys...that really is bad. Nobody deserves that. PLEASE get rid of your coach!

People around here are rooting for the Bears to lose so we can get rid of him. It's that bad.

GoGreen
September 27th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I know ours is bad, but Columbia's amazingly long winless streak has to count for something.

SoCon48
September 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I vote yes.

I second that.

UncleSam
September 28th, 2009, 08:10 AM
I vote yes.

Delaware '08, much worse.

ChiefGSU275
September 28th, 2009, 10:33 AM
GSU's offense is horrible right now simply because we're young, we havent had any playmakers step up, and we dont execute. Other than that, we're fine.

DFW HOYA
September 28th, 2009, 11:09 AM
GSU is only 79th in total offense, so this isn't even an issue.

When you're down to 31 yards rushing and 7.7 points per game, then let's talk.