PDA

View Full Version : 'Nova- Northeastern; Is Nova overrated?

Dane96
September 26th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I am not sure what to make of Villanova the more I watch them. Really good team...but frankly...I think Northeastern is horrendously bad. I have lived in Boston for 10 years this past August...and I have never seen a Husky team this bad. I just cant tell yet about Nova...and they are way up there in my rankings.

Conversely, I am watching UNI...and I really am considering moving them past Villanova at this point. They just look like they are on a whole other level.

That said, I am really hungover...so maybe my eyes are deceiving me in both games.

Franks Tanks
September 26th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I am not sure what to make of Villanova the more I watch them. Really good team...but frankly...I think Northeastern is horrendously bad. I have lived in Boston for 10 years this past August...and I have never seen a Husky team this bad. I just cant tell yet about Nova...and they are way up there in my rankings.

Conversely, I am watching UNI...and I really am considering moving them past Villanova at this point. They just look like they are on a whole other level.

That said, I am really hungover...so maybe my eyes are deceiving me in both games.

Nova beat a Temple team that will probably win the MAC east. I know its Temple, but they absolutely crushed Buffalo today and Buffalo won the MAC east last year.

I have no idea if UNI is better than Nova, but Nova is really, really good.

Dane96
September 26th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I know...i Just cant figure them out. I watched them twice now...and one really impressed me...and the others...not some much.

I guess they are my enigma this year. The temple win speaks volumes.

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I don't worry about it too much. The CAA schedule will tell us everything. Right now I think UNI, Nova, Richmond, W&M are all pretty even.

GannonFan
September 26th, 2009, 04:51 PM
nova isn't going to look impressive because they aren't fancy or explosive on offense. They're pretty methodical and unspectacular with the ball and they won't score tons of points. However, their defense is as good as the best defense in the country and their offense will score enough points to win. nova doesn't do it with style points, but they get the W. I'd leave them where they are. xthumbsupx

And this is a Delaware fan talking.

Tod
September 26th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I don't worry about it too much. The CAA schedule will tell us everything. Right now I think UNI, Nova, Richmond, W&M are all pretty even.

McNeese may be up there, too.

JMU Newbill
September 26th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Is nova over rated? Are you kidding me? Hell no they aren't over rated.

Pete's Weekly
September 26th, 2009, 05:09 PM
...Temple team that will probably win the MAC east...

I take it you have no idea about MAC football? Temple will finish third from the bottom of the MAC east ..above Miami & Buffalo ...below Kent. That may be over-estimating. Nothing against 'Nova, they are a good team.

LacesOut
September 26th, 2009, 06:10 PM
OP, you are still hungover!! LOL

'Nova overrated??!!!! Good christ. This board is full of funny and insane people.

And I don't even know if they won today. I'm fairly certain they can beat Northeastern. With their second team.

Hoyadestroya85
September 26th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Well I just got back from the single most dominating performance i've ever seen in a football game. The answer to your question: No

Dane96
September 26th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Now that the hangover is gone (Seriously....someone gave me that ZICO coconut water stuff...and it was like instaneous feeling better), I think Gannon Fan hit it on the head for me: I guess they look so vanilla that it is unimpressive.

And settle down people...I had them at No. 2 for the past two weeks...and I was one of the few fans (if you check my posts) advocating them moving up all last season (I constantly had them high).