PDA

View Full Version : Versus

bulldog10jw
September 26th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Cornell-Yale is on Versus today. Here is what I will be getting on that channel instead of the game.

"Comcast, our largest competitor, has forced us to pull down this channel. Comcast charges us fees to air Versus, and they are now demanding an unfair and outrageous increase in those fees. In these difficult economic times, we do not want to pass this increase onto you, our valued customer, so we are standing firm in the negotations on your behalf. For more information go to directv.com/versus."

I looked forward to this all summer. xbawlingx

blazrdog#1
September 26th, 2009, 08:30 AM
and now they blow because of this situation with DirectTV! This IS why I am enjoying the death of cable tv.xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Tribe4SF
September 26th, 2009, 08:54 AM
and now they blow because of this situation with DirectTV! This IS why I am enjoying the death of cable tv.xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Well if you had cable, you could watch this game. If Direct doesn't want to pay the "unfair and outrageous" fee, then they won't have Versus. It's business, not injustice. If you own content, you have the right to sell it for any price you choose, and can get.

StrikeJMU
September 26th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I'll survive without Versus...now if they take away my Comcast SportsNet along with my Wizards games, people will die.

Tribe4SF
September 26th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I'll survive without Versus...now if they take away my Comcast SportsNet along with my Wizards games, people will die.

xlolx If you're a Wizards fan aren't you more likely to kill yourself than anyone else?

StrikeJMU
September 26th, 2009, 09:02 AM
xlolx If you're a Wizards fan aren't you more likely to kill yourself than anyone else?

You can't get down on yourself everytime you have a bad year. We have a great year ahead of us, we aren't in a Georgia Southern slump or anything.

Baldy
September 26th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Shoulda got Dish. ;)

straightshooter
September 26th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Here' how the web is woven - Comcast Cable owns the Versus television network. They acquired it a few years ago when it was the Outdoor Life Network and changed the name and format. Now it's full of cycling, bull riding and hockey.

Hoyadestroya85
September 26th, 2009, 11:23 AM

Exactly, being without Randy Foye for too long is Cruel and Unusual Punishment xthumbsupx. I'm predicting big things from Randy this year.

downbythebeach
September 26th, 2009, 11:49 AM
its a pretty good production, you better get to a neighbors house

a lot of good pass defense for both teams

bulldog10jw
September 26th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Shoulda got Dish. ;)

NOW you tell me. :o

TheValleyRaider
September 26th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Well, I have VS., and I haven't been able to watch the game either

Apparently there's a power outage in New Haven right before halftime, and into the 4th quarter they don't have power restored xoopsx

bulldog10jw
September 26th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Well, I have VS., and I haven't been able to watch the game either

Apparently there's a power outage in New Haven right before halftime, and into the 4th quarter they don't have power restored xoopsx

Thank God I didn't have to watch this disaster. xsmhx