PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP!! Tailgate lots open in Chattanooga when?

UNI MadCat
December 13th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Please, someone give me an answer or something close to an educated guess.

I've talked to three different people at three different Finley-stadium related phone numbers in Chattanooga and received THREE different answers.

I've been told the big lot will open at 3 p.m., 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.

All seem rather late to me, but maybe I'm just an alcoholic.

But really, we're trying to organize a bunch of Panthers and it would help to get the definitive from someone who has been there before.

And yes, we know about the pavillion and all that, but we're interested in a place to tailgate by our cars, at least prior to the pavillion opening.

PLEASE HELP!!

yosefcity
December 13th, 2005, 03:55 PM
I will be there at 3 and if they have a problem with it they can shove it.

UNI MadCat
December 13th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I'll be there at 10 a.m. which is probably asking too much but I'd like to tell them to shove it if we can't get in by Noon.

Maverick
December 13th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Tailgating is more than a ritual, it is an art form that cannot be done properly with small amounts of time less than 8 hours on gameday! Hell, there are probably people who think tailgating can only be done on gameday? It is up to the UNI fans to share with them the vast knowledge that they have gained outside the Dome in all types of weather. Besides this is the NC game, there should be NC level tailgating as well!!! It is hard to believe that they would be aware of this vital aspect of the NC experience. I would also be surprised that the ASU fans would be satisfied with such a short time to tailgate. How about it ASU fans?

I think fans from both teams would be able to co-operate on such an important aspect of the game.

PS: This is only partial sarcasm but a helluva of lot of true is there also. Besides tailgating ain't something to joke around about!!! :beerchug: :hyped: :hurray: :beerchug: :hyped: :hurray:

UNI MadCat
December 13th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Tailgating is more than a ritual, it is an art form that cannot be done properly with small amounts of time less than 8 hours on gameday! Hell, there are probably people who think tailgating can only be done on gameday? It is up to the UNI fans to share with them the vast knowledge that they have gained outside the Dome in all types of weather. Besides this is the NC game, there should be NC level tailgating as well!!! It is hard to believe that they would be aware of this vital aspect of the NC experience. I would also be surprised that the ASU fans would be satisfied with such a short time to tailgate. How about it ASU fans?

I think fans from both teams would be able to co-operate on such an important aspect of the game.

PS: This is only partial sarcasm but a helluva of lot of true is there also. Besides tailgating ain't something to joke around about!!! :beerchug: :hyped: :hurray: :beerchug: :hyped: :hurray:

I'm with you 100% Mav. I love my Panthers to death but its the thought of ONE MORE (ok, I'm going to the Cap One Bowl in Jan too, but...) chance to tailgate this year that SEALS THE DEAL!!

Grande Rosso
December 13th, 2005, 05:21 PM
We got to the pavillion pretty early in the afternoon at the 2002 game.

It is basically the shell of an old factory building, no real gates or security to speak of.

It seems that there was a fairly large lot just north of the pavillion where a lot of McNeese rv's were parked.

We walked from the team hotel, 5 or 6 blocks, so we didn't worry about parking at the stadium.

Here is a link to my photo website with photos in the pavillion:

http://community.webshots.com/album/58161577QpfHrC/2

APPST '93
December 13th, 2005, 05:36 PM
First time at NC game. I assume it's not like Bowl games where they sale beer in the stadium. Can you buy beer in the pavillion? Would like to tailgate but it looks like everyone will be drinking in my crowd. No DD!!! :( :( :( :(

Cocky
December 13th, 2005, 09:14 PM
During a regular season Chatty game, we had no problem tailgating several hours before the game. I don't remember the exact time but I guess 5 or 6 hours before the game. Security wasn't any problem but we didn't to rowdy.

McNeese75
December 13th, 2005, 09:46 PM
We got to the pavillion pretty early in the afternoon at the 2002 game.

It is basically the shell of an old factory building, no real gates or security to speak of.

It seems that there was a fairly large lot just north of the pavillion where a lot of McNeese rv's were parked.

We walked from the team hotel, 5 or 6 blocks, so we didn't worry about parking at the stadium.

We were at the stadium by mid-morning (10:00 or so?) in 2002 and things were already cooking so I would imagine you can go pretty early this year. Those attending the last two years could probably provide info here.

JMU Duke Dog
December 13th, 2005, 09:50 PM
First time at NC game. I assume it's not like Bowl games where they sale beer in the stadium. Can you buy beer in the pavillion? Would like to tailgate but it looks like everyone will be drinking in my crowd. No DD!!! :( :( :( :(

If I remember correctly from being in Chattanooga last year alcoholic drinks were sold at the Pavillion.

PantherMan
December 13th, 2005, 11:00 PM
For any fans that have been to Chattanooga: Are flags and signs allowed to be carried into the stadium? Thanks in advance!

henfan
December 14th, 2005, 08:16 AM
In 2003, we arrived at the stadium lot around 11:00 and there were already people in the lot. From the looks of it, they had been there for quite a while. I'd say you're safe from 10:00 am on, unless the rules changed. Flags and signs were OK in 2003.

Save some time to stop by the Pavillion. There's usually fun events going on there.

Grande Rosso
December 14th, 2005, 09:10 AM
For any fans that have been to Chattanooga: Are flags and signs allowed to be carried into the stadium? Thanks in advance!

At the 2002 game, the ticket takers were confiscating any signs that they could see. Several people folded them up. We noticed what was going on early enough that we split up into two groups. One group went in and then went down the fence away from the ticket gates and one of us passed the signs in under the (chain link) fence. Once we were inside, no one seemed to care about signs.