PDA

View Full Version : Laycock's Legacy.

Tribe4SF
September 25th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Nice article in the W&M student paper on Jimmye's tenure at the College.

http://flathatnews.com/content/71569

State Line Liquors
September 25th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Laycock’s 30th season at the helm of the College is shaping up to be a banner year, and a fitting coda to the career of a man who is synonymous with Tribe football.

As he mentions himself, he has no intention of walking away from the game any time soon. Seems a bit premature to writing epitaphs on the man's career and particularly this season, when the entire conference slate is yet to be played.

Still a fun read, and an article that a Tribe fan might want to save for the scrap book. Certainly a distinguished career.

Ivytalk
September 25th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Bow to the master!xbowx Lord Laycock of The Burg!

TCisMYhero
September 25th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Heh..... You said Laycock.

Wildcat80
September 25th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Of course the KEY to his tenure was w&m going to 1aa in the early '80's from trying to be an ACC school. Our former UNH coach Root & Lou Holtz before him had to compete at the Div 1 level including the much stronger Southern Conference at the time. It took a couple of decades but the boomer alums & their offspring finally embraced scholarship football--well sort of. Will this be the year the greatest game at w&m is not a nighttime loss to jmu??

JMU_71
September 25th, 2009, 01:55 PM
His legacy is a good one... especially for JMU fans!! 17-13 and counting...

soccerguy315
September 25th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Will this be the year the greatest game at w&m is not a nighttime loss to jmu??

what if the greatest game at WM was the 21 point 4th quarter comeback on Delaware the week before? xeyebrowx

hopefully 17-14 in a month ;)

BDKJMU
September 25th, 2009, 02:19 PM

Yep, and 5 straight JMU wins.

BDKJMU
September 25th, 2009, 02:25 PM
As he mentions himself, he has no intention of walking away from the game any time soon. Seems a bit premature to writing epitaphs on the man's career and particularly this season, when the entire conference slate is yet to be played.

Still a fun read, and an article that a Tribe fan might want to save for the scrap book. Certainly a distinguished career.

Exactly, I was reading the article waiting for the point where they announced he was retiring, and then at the end he said he had no plans to retire anytime soon. xconfusedx

Uncle Buck
September 25th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Heh..... You said Laycock.

My thoughts exactly. The guy's legacy is that his last name is Laycock. xlolx

Tribe4SF
September 25th, 2009, 05:51 PM
My thoughts exactly. The guy's legacy is that his last name is Laycock. xlolx

xrolleyesx You folks should join the Jaguar's fansite where they can't avoid 4th grade humor over Tribe Alum Derek Cox. "He was soft early on, but really stiffened up in the second half. The kid plays hard!"

Uncle Buck
September 26th, 2009, 07:35 AM
xrolleyesx You folks should join the Jaguar's fansite where they can't avoid 4th grade humor over Tribe Alum Derek Cox. "He was soft early on, but really stiffened up in the second half. The kid plays hard!"

Ah man, i can't help but laugh. Besides, fourth grade was probably my best school year ever. Mrs. Gill was an awesome teacher. xthumbsupx

TCisMYhero
September 26th, 2009, 10:10 AM
"He was soft early on, but really stiffened up in the second half. The kid plays hard!"

That's what she said.

Tribefan
September 26th, 2009, 12:18 PM
what if the greatest game at WM was the 21 point 4th quarter comeback on Delaware the week before? xeyebrowx

hopefully 17-14 in a month ;)

xthumbsupx