PDA

View Full Version : CSN The CAA Today: Turnovers

CSN-info
September 24th, 2009, 09:32 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/ttcaatoday.JPG

The CAA Today: Turnovers
Terence Thomas, Sr. CSN CAA Today columnist

To illustrate how much of a football junkie I am, let me share with you the events I participated in last Saturday. My alarm clock erupted at 7 a.m. I held a special teams practice for my junior pee wee (ages 9 - 11) Pop Warner team from 8:30 to 10 a.m. in West Windsor, N.J., which is in the western part of central Jersey adjacent to Princeton. At noon, I took in the Duquense vs Monmouth game in West Long Branch, N.J., which is about 45 minutes east of where I reside. That evening at 7 p.m., I attended the Villanova vs. U.Penn game in Philadelphia, which is about an hour southwest of where I reside.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/09/24/the-caa-today-turnovers?blog=5)

EmeryZach
September 24th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Good stuff. Best CAA info on the web.

Tribe4SF
September 25th, 2009, 04:40 AM
I appreciate the coverage, but do we have to endure a lengthy writeup on the Monmouth game? Let's stick to the CAA here.

Henwatcher
September 25th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Glad you got to spend some time with your pee wee team. That is always time well spent. Sorry to hear you didn't have a better choice of college games to attend. I saw the Villanova-Penn game you mentioned as well as the DSU-UD game and both games were very just brutal.

Dukie95
September 25th, 2009, 06:50 AM
I appreciate the coverage, but do we have to endure a lengthy writeup on the Monmouth game? Let's stick to the CAA here.

Good for him that he attended that game...I don't think anyone reading a CAA article could care any less.

At least I now know that JMU is still rotating QBs. Now I'm all caught up.

jmu007
September 25th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but the CAA Today is about worthless now. Thanks for the great 10 page write-up on Monmouth... glad you saved a whole 4 sentences for JMU.

WE WANT BRUCE BACK!!!!!!

andy7171
September 25th, 2009, 07:23 AM
A bit much on the Monmouth coverage and I think we can triangulate to his home from his descriptions of the games he attended.. I get the feeling he knows as much about the CAA teams as my neighbor.

Hopefully he settles into his column. He is filling some big shoes.

bluehenbillk
September 25th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I'm just going to stop reading moving forward. I think this guy knows less about the CAA than 90% or more of the CAA posters on this board. Monmouth-Duquense?? Why would that be interesting??xcoffeex

danefan
September 25th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Wow....thanks CSN....I was waiting too see how long it would take for you guys to assign a writer to an NEC Now column.

Much appreciated.

jmufan999
September 25th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but the CAA Today is about worthless now. Thanks for the great 10 page write-up on Monmouth... glad you saved a whole 4 sentences for JMU.

WE WANT BRUCE BACK!!!!!!

no S**T!!!

i want bruce back NOW. i already dislike this guy. a lot.

the Monmouth article was a JOKE, no one gives a crap. maybe Monmouth fans do, but i doubt they read it because it was under the CAA TODAY.... HELLO????

what is wrong with this guy? little common sense would be great.

StonewallSpider
September 25th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Not too bad, if you make a drinking game out of it
Drink if he:
Mentions Pop Warner
Brags about his picks
Writes about something irrelevant (Duquense vs Monmouth)
Uses a cliche (before this season I had no idea football was a game of inches or that turnovers made an impact on games)
Makes an obvious typo

umassfan
September 25th, 2009, 10:10 AM
His articles are geting worse and worse by the week. Someone needs to take his piece beind a woodshed and put it to sleep.

UAalum72
September 25th, 2009, 10:25 AM
1416344[/SIZE]]Not too bad, if you make a drinking game out of it
Drink if he:
Mentions Pop Warner
Brags about his picks
Writes about something irrelevant (Duquense vs Monmouth)
Uses a cliche (before this season I had no idea football was a game of inches or that turnovers made an impact on games)
Makes an obvious typo
Like the spelling of Duquesne?

Good think he has his picture at the top, I thought he resurrected the old British comic actor Terry-Thomas
http://web.tiscali.it/terry_thomas.it/photo/TERRY-2.jpg

Jackman
September 25th, 2009, 11:05 AM
[small voice]
The ODU fans probably care about the Monmouth write-up.
I know, I know. Just saying...
[/small voice]

Uncle Buck
September 25th, 2009, 11:13 AM
After reading the thread, i had to go to the link since i hadn't seen it yet. I concur, why the hell the big write-up on Monmouth?

jmufan999
September 25th, 2009, 11:29 AM
[small voice]
[/small voice]

good point, fair enough.

andy7171
September 25th, 2009, 11:45 AM
He mentions choosing to go to Monmouth instead of the Delaware game. What is odd is he was going to the Nova Penn game that night. Beyond, choosing an NEC game over a CAA one, which he writes about, its in completely the opposite direction of where he was going later. Last I checked, Newark, DE and Philly are pretty close, not Newark, NJ!

Dukie95
September 25th, 2009, 12:11 PM
[small voice]
[/small voice]

I'd buy it if he covered ODU at all...but he provides neither a recap of nor a prediction for ODU.

andy7171
September 25th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I'd buy it if he covered ODU at all...but he provides neither a recap of nor a prediction for ODU.

The last thing we need is another ODU lovefest.

KAUMASS
September 25th, 2009, 01:07 PM
The CAA Today: Turnovers - yah....I was hoping it was "Turnover the columnist". Bad stuff in my opinion.
I'm sure the guy is trying, but it is bad mumbo jumbo. The article on the Monmouth game is just about as long as the entire CAA game coverage. Is Monmouth in the CAA? Jeez.

I'd rather read Coulson's articles...which I don't...

StonewallSpider
September 25th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Like the spelling of Duquesne?

Good think he has his picture at the top, I thought he resurrected the old British comic actor Terry-Thomas
http://web.tiscali.it/terry_thomas.it/photo/TERRY-2.jpg

Wow, good catch. I actually copied and pasted the spelling of Duquesne from the CAA Today article, funny. He wrote 9 paragraphs on game and couldn't spell the name of one of the teams.

JMU_71
September 25th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Monmouth? Really, who cares? Even Coulson said the JMU-Liberty game was the game of the week and wrote at length about it. I disagree and actually think the W&M-UD game is the game of the week, but regardless, Monmouth got more attention than either of those games, that's just crazy!!