PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-26

JALMOND
September 24th, 2009, 02:07 AM
So I am sitting here, happy at my perfect 21-0 record at picking these Big Sky games. Really, the games have not been that difficult. Then we get to this weekend, and one could argue that the favorites are all on the road. Home field means a lot in college athletics, so the probability of an upset or two this weekend is high, which makes picking these games extremely hard. I will amaze myself if I am still perfect after this weekend. Here are my predictions this week. All are my own opinion and all are open for discussion.

EWU @ Sac State---Last week, the Eagles defense held Northern Colorado in check, but what was alarming was the potent offensive attack was held down. Contrast with the Hornets, who had two weeks to prepare for this game after two subpar efforts themselves. The Hornets have had success against the Eagles, but strangely the home field has not been too kind. Not this time either...EWU 20, Sac State 16.

Central Washington @ ISU---The good news for the Bengals is that their murderous opening stretch is over and they get to start their home slate against DII Central Washington. The Bengals jumped on Weber State early, but the Wildcats proved too much in the end. Still, that should give them confidence to overcome a very tough DII opponent at home...ISU 26, Central Washington 13.

UM @ NAU---The Grizzlies finally got a spark late in the first quarter last week against Portland State and took charge. The Jacks offense kept scoring but the team could not put away a stubborn Southern Utah team in their home opener last week. The Jacks may be able to score on the Grizzlies, but can they hold down the ferocious Griz attack. They probably will realize that the Grizzlies are not Southern Utah...UM 35, NAU 31.

MSU @ UNC---To say the Bears had a chance to knock off the Eagles last week is amazing. Unfortunately, the offense could not muster the type of game the defense had. This week, they welcome the Bobcats, a team that too, has had problems with their offense. The Bobcats are coming off a bye week after an uncharacteristic poor showing against DII Dixie State. Bobcats take an ugly game...MSU 18, UNC 16.

WSU @ PSU---Last week, the Vikings gave Montana all they could handle for one quarter while the Wildcats were getting it handed to them by Idaho State in the first quarter. Then the Vikings folded and the Wildcats soared in their respective games. So what can happen in this game? Last time they played in Portland, these two teams played a 73-68 game. This time, a little more respectable...WSU 45, PSU 35.

I Bleed Purple
September 24th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Going all roadies in conference games. We'll see. First conference road game is always nerve wracking.

grizzpaw
September 24th, 2009, 05:34 AM
ewu @ sac st - ewu is showing that they can play even with their playoff hopes on the ropes. to me this game has "TRAP" all over it! most don't play their best game at sac st, but ewu has a very good offense and a good enough D to win so let go ewu 27 - sac st 21

cwu @ isu - cwu is not as good this year and isu needs this win! if your team had to play on that field, you could sub your teams' name for isu (has to be about the WORST field in ALL of the FCSxnodx), very fun to tailgate howeverxthumbsupx!isu 42 - cwu 17

um @ nau - nau is beat up on defense and this will not go well for them:). best thing going for nau is their coaching staff is FULL of former players and coaches from montana so montana will try NOT to run the score upxnonono2x. specal teams ALLWAYS has a big game at nau and i see that happening again montana rolls um 36 - nau 14

msu @ unc - state seems to play poorly @ unc but they have had 2 weeks (badly needed)xlolx! the only reason i'm picking state is because of the two weeks! msu gets luckly and winsxoopsx! msu 24 - unc 21

wsu @ psu - i watched wsu last week and they can lose this gamexeekx! psu plays very good @ home but psu has the "griz hangover" so look for wsu to win ! a good game to watch, smith will run for over 150 yds so lets go wsu 45 - psu 42

wapiti
September 24th, 2009, 11:47 AM
EWU @ Sac State---EWU is a tough team this year and Sac State has lost some talent from a year ago. EWU 24, Sac State 17.

Central Washington @ ISU---ISU seems to have improved a bit on last year, but still has a long way to go. CW is a strong Div 2 school and will keep this game close. ISU 14, Central Washington 13.

UM @ NAU---NAU played a good game against Arizona, but then squeeked by a good SU team at home. UM is a patience team that waits for their opponent to make a mistake or two and then pounces. If NAU can play mistake free or near mistake free then NAU wins, but I see UM causing NAU to make a few to many mistakes. UM 28, NAU 24.

MSU @ UNC---MSU has struggled in its first two games. UNC is an improving team and home field advantage coupled with MSU's struggles gives UNC the W. MSU 17, UNC 28.

WSU @ PSU---BBQ U has been playing well this year, they had oppurtunities to beat two FBS schools this year and took care of ISU last week. PSU has played ok in its first 3 games, but has not shown enough to beat BBQ WSU 38, PSU 24.

hawkssb04
September 24th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Eastern Washington at Sacramento State: The Eagles posted an impressive defensive outing last week, but the offense was stale and mostly unimpressive. The Hornet defense took a huge hit, losing lots of studs from last year's squad, so look for the EWU offense to get back on track in this one. Don't entirely count out Sacramento State though. They have been known to up their game and scare people when playing at home. Eagles still come out on top though, 34-21.
Central Washington at Idaho State: For most, this game would be a shoe-in victory, but let's face it, the Bengals are the bottom of the barrel in the Big Sky. A hot start against Weber State should give them enough confidence to pull this one out at home. Bengals get a break this week and get the win 27-14.
Montana at Northern Arizona: The Griz offense finally started to look fluid as the second quarter got underway against Portland State and look for Montana to carry it over on the road. However, Northern Arizona is always difficult to beat at home and has shown flashes of greatness at times in the first few games. If there was an upset to be had this week, it may come here, only if the NAU defense can make some key stops, because they should be able to put a few points up on Montana. But still, the Griz are the Griz and always manages to squeek by in the tough ones. Montana wins 24-20.
Montana State at Northern Colorado: If there is one game to watch in the Big Sky this week, this is definitely it, as both squads are fairly evenly matched at this point. Montana State's inconsistent and sputtering offense meets the Bears' quickly improving defense, in particular their young and talented front seven. The Bobcats will likely be a little rusty out of the gates (bye) and I expect the Bears to take advantage of it at home. Northern Colorado wins it. There... I said it. 24-17
Weber State at Portland State: Every time these teams meet there is a story. In 2007, there was the famous 73-68 shootout in Portland. Last year, WSU looked to be en route to a beatdown, leading 31-0 at halftime, only to get shut out in the second half and hang on for the 31-21 win. Portland State however, just doesn't put up the points it should, for such a high-octane passing attack and WSU looks to have finally found their rythm. It won't be a blowout, but the Wildcats win 41-28.

hawkssb04
September 24th, 2009, 02:03 PM
WSU @ PSU---Last week, the Vikings gave Montana all they could handle for one quarter while the Wildcats were getting it handed to them by Idaho State in the first quarter. Then the Vikings folded and the Wildcats soared in their respective games. So what can happen in this game? Last time they played in Portland, these two teams played a 73-68 game. This time, a little more respectable...WSU 45, PSU 35.

"Getting it handed to them" is quite the overstatement. The WSU defense gave up two straight scores, yes, but the offense matched them both times, as ISU never led by more than seven. On defense, yes, WSU started slow, but as a whole, the Bengals were far from "handing it" to the Wildcats. 14-0 sounds more like somebody was getting it "handed to them" in the first quarter. Ahhh...gotta love Griz fans. Don't you know they are smarter and better than everyone else...?xpeacex

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 24th, 2009, 02:17 PM
"Getting it handed to them" is quite the overstatement. The WSU defense gave up two straight scores, yes, but the offense matched them both times, as ISU never led by more than seven. On defense, yes, WSU started slow, but as a whole, the Bengals were far from "handing it" to the Wildcats. 14-0 sounds more like somebody was getting it "handed to them" in the first quarter. Ahhh...gotta love Griz fans. Don't you know they are smarter and better than everyone else...?xpeacex

Jalmond is a PSU fan xnodxxsmiley_wix

JALMOND
September 24th, 2009, 02:23 PM

We tried to hand it to the Griz. At the end, they stuffed it right back at us.:D

Silenoz
September 24th, 2009, 02:33 PM

Man, we are just getting bashed everywhere! Even PSU fans can't escape it

Screamin_Eagle174
September 24th, 2009, 03:09 PM
My record thus far is 20-1, and so I need to take a game or two here from Jalmond. :D Some really good matchups this weekend for sure. I'm going to go with...

EWU 28 vs. Sac State 17

CWU 24 vs. ISU 21

UM 31 vs. NAU 24

MSU 17 vs. UNC 20

WSU 38 vs. PSU 27

PhantomCAT
September 24th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Griz win.
Bengals win.
Vikings win.
Cats win big.
Hornets squeek one out.

Grizzaholic
September 24th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Griz win.
Bengals win.
Vikings win.
Cats win big.
Hornets squeek one out.

I like the way you think.

UNCBears2010
September 24th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Montana 42-20

Idaho State 6-3

Weber State 51-27

Eastern Washington 28-17

Northern Colorado 34-14 (I had it being closer until Dane Fletcher ran his mouth about 'Go Fish', that quote has REALLY fired the Bears up.)

Grizzaholic
September 24th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Montana 42-20

Idaho State 6-3

Weber State 51-27

Eastern Washington 28-17

Northern Colorado 34-14 (I had it being closer until Dane Fletcher ran his mouth about 'Go Fish', that quote has REALLY fired the Bears up.)

GO FISH? Was he playing cards or was he telling you to go fishing? I kind of like both.

UNCBears2010
September 24th, 2009, 05:26 PM
GO FISH? Was he playing cards or was he telling you to go fishing? I kind of like both.

He said:

"I don't believe UNC should beat us in any perspective. That's how much I believe in this team. I believe in our guys so much. They shouldn't beat us in Go Fish."

Grizzaholic
September 24th, 2009, 05:29 PM
He said:

xlolx

GOKATS
September 24th, 2009, 05:31 PM
xnodxxnodx

Ohhhhhhhhhh, tooooooo baaaaaaddddd..................................xlol xxlolxxlolxxlolx

We won't mention the fact that your WR has been running his mouth about eating up the Bobcat secondary.

Earlier in the week I had the Bobcats winning 23-10, but I think I'm going to have to give the Cats a bigger margin now.xnodx

CopperCat
September 24th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Montana 42-20

Idaho State 6-3

Weber State 51-27

Eastern Washington 28-17

There are plenty of guys left on the team from two years ago that played in Greely, and they remember that loss well. Don't think for a minute that somehow Dane saying what he did will give NoCo the edge.

UNCBears2010
September 24th, 2009, 05:48 PM
There are plenty of guys left on the team from two years ago that played in Greely, and they remember that loss well. Don't think for a minute that somehow Dane saying what he did will give NoCo the edge.

What gives us the edge is talent.

CopperCat
September 24th, 2009, 05:50 PM

I guess we will have to see what happens on Saturday. Pretty even matchup based on what I have seen so far from both teams.

wapiti
September 24th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I guess we will have to see what happens on Saturday. Pretty even matchup based on what I have seen so far from both teams.

If the Bobcats play like they did in their first two games, then UNC will win.
If the Bobcats play more like they did last year, then the Bobcats will win.

But I need to go on how they are doing this year, which makes me say the cubs will win this one. xbawlingx

Here's hoping the Bobcats get some issues figured out and play more like they were expected to before the season started.

JALMOND
September 24th, 2009, 06:08 PM
If the Bobcats play like they did in their first two games, then UNC will win.
If the Bobcats play more like they did last year, then the Bobcats will win.

But I need to go on how they are doing this year, which makes me say the cubs will win this one. xbawlingx

Here's hoping the Bobcats get some issues figured out and play more like they were expected to before the season started.

UNC finally found a team they can talk some trash with. Getting everyone all fired up.

My take, UNC's defense will keep them in the game, but UNC's beat up offense will once again let them down. Bobcats can then talk about the two games they should have lost, yet found ways to win them. Still like MSU, 18-16.

I Bleed Purple
September 24th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Hell, 2-0. The team that gets to the point where they finally decide to give up and throw the ball through their own end zone first loses.

ncbears
September 24th, 2009, 07:49 PM
UNC finally found a team they can talk some trash with. Getting everyone all fired up.

My take, UNC's defense will keep them in the game, but UNC's beat up offense will once again let them down. Bobcats can then talk about the two games they should have lost, yet found ways to win them. Still like MSU, 18-16.

I can see that happening.

catatac
September 25th, 2009, 11:49 AM

Hmmm... we will definitely see about that. Regarding Dane's comment... you had a guy say that you were going to be able to shred our secondary and basically do whatever you wanted to do with us on the field. Talk about bulletin board material... xrolleyesx

Canyoncat
September 25th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Agree on all your picks Jalmond. MSU and UNC will be a close hard fought battle. I do think the secondary will be improved with Nicol back at CB and Retoriano having three weeks of work at the other CB position. My prediction is the Cats win 17-16 because for what ever reason UNC plays us really tough and the games are always very close.

The Griz will blow out NAU because again for what ever reason NAU seems to drop a log in their pants when they play the Griz.

UNCBears2010
September 25th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Hmmm... we will definitely see about that. Regarding Dane's comment... you had a guy say that you were going to be able to shred our secondary and basically do whatever you wanted to do with us on the field. Talk about bulletin board material... xrolleyesx

Yeah, he had every right to say that, everyone has been able to shred the 'Cats secondary this year.

PASS DEFENSE G Comp Att Int Pct. Yards Avg. TD Avg/G
1. Northern Colorado 3 47 84 4 56.0 486 5.8 5 162.0
2. Eastern Washington 3 56 94 3 59.6 515 5.5 3 171.7
3. Weber State 3 46 95 3 48.4 665 7.0 4 221.7
4. Sacramento State 2 29 40 0 72.5 468 11.7 4 234.0
5. Montana 3 81 141 5 57.4 744 5.3 2 248.0
6. Idaho State 3 63 96 1 65.6 785 8.2 7 261.7
7. Portland State 3 47 91 3 51.6 785 8.6 6 261.7
8. Northern Arizona 2 54 77 1 70.1 625 8.1 6 312.5
9. Montana State 2 47 90 4 52.2 735 8.2 8 367.5

ncbears
September 25th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Yeah, he had every right to say that, everyone has been able to shred the 'Cats secondary this year.

Wags won't be able to do anything against MSU if he's running all over the field like he was against EW. Our offensive line is too banged up.

CopperCat
September 25th, 2009, 03:29 PM

Two games into the season with one of them being against an FBS team in BCS conference, that doesn't mean much. And on top of that, the secondary was battling some nasty injuries for both of those games. With Nicol and Retoriano in the lineup with Rider back there to help out, the secondary should play better for sure.

ncbears
September 25th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Two games into the season with one of them being against an FBS team in BCS conference, that doesn't mean much. And on top of that, the secondary was battling some nasty injuries for both of those games. With Nicol and Retoriano in the lineup with Rider back there to help out, the secondary should play better for sure.

Yeah, but it's also against D2 Dixie State.

I Bleed Purple
September 25th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Wow, we've had two FBS games and we're third in pass defense?

Cool.

EdubAlum
September 25th, 2009, 03:57 PM
I'm willing to guess CWU beats ISU.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 25th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I'm willing to guess CWU beats ISU.

I agree, this could happen. xreadx

catatac
September 25th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Yeah, but it's also against D2 Dixie State.

The BOBCAT defense you see take the field tomorrow will look nothing like the defense that showed up against Adams State... you can take that to the bank.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 25th, 2009, 05:01 PM
The BOBCAT defense you see take the field tomorrow will look nothing like the defense that showed up against Adams State... you can take that to the bank.

I don't think the bank will cash checks that little. xcoffeex

hawkssb04
September 25th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Wow, we've had two FBS games and we're third in pass defense?

Cool.

Seriously. It seemed like we got shredded on rush defense though. But the stats still aren't that bad. Fourth place on this list. I bet if it showed 1st quarter rushing defense, we would rank dead last. The defense seems to dig in after slow starts.
1. Montana 3 77 149 1.9 1 49.7
2. Montana State 2 69 216 3.1 0 108.0
3. Portland State 3 113 392 3.5 5 130.7
4. Weber State 3 98 454 4.6 4 151.3
5. Eastern Washington 3 116 551 4.8 7 183.7
6. Northern Colorado 3 121 601 5.0 6 200.3
7. Idaho State 3 121 707 5.8 11 235.7
8. Northern Arizona 2 79 474 6.0 4 237.0
Sacramento State 2 101 474 4.7 6 237.0

mlbowl
September 25th, 2009, 05:37 PM

Nice!lmao!!!

UNCBears2010
September 25th, 2009, 06:06 PM

I agree, Dixie State's leading rusher had 30 yards, you're not going to hold Andre Harris or John Burnley to 30 yards.

CrazyCat
September 25th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I agree, Dixie State's leading rusher had 30 yards, you're not going to hold Andre Harris or John Burnley to 30 yards.

Who said they would?

How about 80 yds. You can take away my birthday tomorrow if I'm wrong. :)

ncbears
September 25th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Who said they would?

Harris and Burnley are quit the tandem. Burnley didn't play last week because of injury. He'll be back tomorrow. He's a stud.

UNCBears2010
September 25th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Who said they would?

I'll hold you to that. xpeacex

JALMOND
September 25th, 2009, 09:12 PM
What I like about creating these predictions and the power rankings is the discussion they start. Once either one exceeds three pages, I know football season is here.xthumbsupx

GOKATS
September 25th, 2009, 10:07 PM
What I like about creating these predictions and the power rankings is the discussion they start. Once either one exceeds three pages, I know football season is here.xthumbsupx

Ain't it fun!xnodx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 25th, 2009, 11:32 PM

Nothing like differing opinions and delusional expectations fueled by self-serving bias to generate discussion! xthumbsupx xlolx

Silenoz
September 26th, 2009, 03:17 PM
This UNC offense has looked like a comedy of errors at this point. I can see why they've scored 3 total points in two of their three games

CopperCat
September 26th, 2009, 03:35 PM

Clearly haven't been listening to the game. MSU forced two three and outs and got a pick in UNC's first three possessions.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 26th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Clearly haven't been listening to the game. MSU forced two three and outs and got a pick in UNC's first three possessions.

I'm listening AND watching, but I post mostly over on championshipsubdivision where I have a game thread. MSU's defense has looked good. At the same time, UNC's O-line is TERRIBLE.

CopperCat
September 26th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I'm listening AND watching, but I post mostly over on championshipsubdivision where I have a game thread. MSU's defense has looked good. At the same time, UNC's O-line is TERRIBLE.

I won't dispute that.

CrazyCat
September 26th, 2009, 04:16 PM
1st half stats

UNC TTL yards 59
MSU TTL yards 213

cats2506
September 26th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I'll hold you to that. xpeacex

How'd that work out for ya

UNCBears2010
September 26th, 2009, 07:50 PM
How'd that work out for ya

WE SUCK. FIRE THE ENTIRE COACHING STAFF AND BENCH WAGGENER. IDAHO STATE WILL BEAT US BY 20.

CopperCat
September 26th, 2009, 07:51 PM
WE SUCK. FIRE THE ENTIRE COACHING STAFF AND BENCH WAGGENER. IDAHO STATE WILL BEAT US BY 20.

Idaho State couldn't even beat CWU today. I doubt they will even come close to beating you guys.

UNCBears2010
September 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Idaho State couldn't even beat CWU today. I doubt they will even come close to beating you guys.

CWU is A LOT better than we are.

We can't score, Greeley West High School could beat us. We have the worst coach in the history of football. My grandma knows more about the sport than Scott Downing.

My prediction:

ISU 21
UNC 0

Screamin_Eagle174
September 26th, 2009, 11:55 PM
CWU is A LOT better than we are.

We can't score, Greeley West High School could beat us. We have the worst coach in the history of football. My grandma knows more about the sport than Scott Downing.

My prediction:

ISU 21
UNC 0

Lookout! Bears abandon ship! xeekx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 26th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Correct Pick
Incorrect Pick
Actual Score
(-123) = Difference between predicted and actual point spread
APSE = Average Point Spread Error

EWU 28 vs. Sac State 17
EWU 56 vs. Sac State 30 (-15)

CWU 24 vs. ISU 21
CWU 33 vs. ISU 22 (-8)

UM 31 vs. NAU 24
UM 41 vs. NAU 34 (-0)

MSU 17 vs. UNC 20
MSU 25 vs. UNC 7 (-21)

WSU 38 vs. PSU 27
WSU 36 vs. PSU 29 (-4)

This week: 4-1
Last week: 4-0
Overall: 24-2
APSE this week: 9.6 pts
APSE last week: 9.8 pts
APSE overall: 11.2 pts

Another great week of Big Sky football with some crazy, nail-biting games! PSU and NAU almost knocked off Weber and Montana, MSU turned up their play after a bye week, and EWU's offense exploded for 56 points, in large part to turnovers and 190 yards rushing by Taiwan Jones (15 carries, 4 TDs :mrgreen: ). UNC has me lookin' like a fool, as they're responsible for my only two wrong picks.

mtgrizfan4life
September 26th, 2009, 11:57 PM
FWIW, ISU is worse. If you guys learn to eliminate costly mistakes and get some consistent scoring you will be fine in comparison to ISU. I still think you guys could win 3 BSC games this year.

UNCBears2010
September 27th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Lookout! Bears abandon ship! xeekx

What can I say, Downing had us fooled. But, to quote Rob Schneider from The Waterboy:

"OH NO, WE SUCK AGAIN!"

CopperCat
September 27th, 2009, 12:03 AM
Once the Bears get their O-line healed up, they should improve in both the passing and running game. The defense is there, they just need the offense to keep them in the game.

UNCBears2010
September 27th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Once the Bears get their O-line healed up, they should improve in both the passing and running game. The defense is there, they just need the offense to keep them in the game.

The O-line isn't going to get healed up, the guys out have broken legs and are done for the year. Even if they did come back, it wouldn't change the fact that our head coach is a coward and our offensive coordinator is a fossil.

JALMOND
September 27th, 2009, 12:14 AM
So I am sitting here, happy at my perfect 21-0 record at picking these Big Sky games. Really, the games have not been that difficult. Then we get to this weekend, and one could argue that the favorites are all on the road. Home field means a lot in college athletics, so the probability of an upset or two this weekend is high, which makes picking these games extremely hard. I will amaze myself if I am still perfect after this weekend. Here are my predictions this week. All are my own opinion and all are open for discussion.

EWU @ Sac State---Last week, the Eagles defense held Northern Colorado in check, but what was alarming was the potent offensive attack was held down. Contrast with the Hornets, who had two weeks to prepare for this game after two subpar efforts themselves. The Hornets have had success against the Eagles, but strangely the home field has not been too kind. Not this time either...EWU 20, Sac State 16.

Central Washington @ ISU---The good news for the Bengals is that their murderous opening stretch is over and they get to start their home slate against DII Central Washington. The Bengals jumped on Weber State early, but the Wildcats proved too much in the end. Still, that should give them confidence to overcome a very tough DII opponent at home...ISU 26, Central Washington 13.

UM @ NAU---The Grizzlies finally got a spark late in the first quarter last week against Portland State and took charge. The Jacks offense kept scoring but the team could not put away a stubborn Southern Utah team in their home opener last week. The Jacks may be able to score on the Grizzlies, but can they hold down the ferocious Griz attack. They probably will realize that the Grizzlies are not Southern Utah...UM 35, NAU 31.

MSU @ UNC---To say the Bears had a chance to knock off the Eagles last week is amazing. Unfortunately, the offense could not muster the type of game the defense had. This week, they welcome the Bobcats, a team that too, has had problems with their offense. The Bobcats are coming off a bye week after an uncharacteristic poor showing against DII Dixie State. Bobcats take an ugly game...MSU 18, UNC 16.

My first blemish, darn ISU. xoopsx

although I wish I had another one, if we could have had that INT against WSU.xbawlingx

Home team 0-5, hard to believe. Still, I end September at 25-1 which is pretty darn good. I'll take it, as the games are only going to get harder in the weeks to come.

ncbears
September 27th, 2009, 12:35 AM

Those guys on the offensive line are gone for the year.

CopperCat
September 27th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Those guys on the offensive line are gone for the year.

Yeah, I hadn't done my homework on that. Losing 3 guys for the year is never an easy thing to overcome. I still think UNC won't be at the bottom this year. ISU has demonstrated that it will be cleaning out the cellar this year in the conference.

UNCBears2010
September 27th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Yeah, I hadn't done my homework on that. Losing 3 guys for the year is never an easy thing to overcome. I still think UNC won't be at the bottom this year. ISU has demonstrated that it will be cleaning out the cellar this year in the conference.

It's tough to beat anybody when you score 0, which is what we had against EWU last week and should've had today. Thanks for that gift touchdown at the end, by the way.

ncbears
September 27th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I think we're better than ISU but it won't be enough for Downing to keep his job.

UNCBears2010
September 27th, 2009, 12:43 AM
I think we're better than ISU but it won't be enough for Downing to keep his job.

I hope it's not enough for him to keep his job. If I was the AD, I would've fired him at halftime today.

CopperCat
September 27th, 2009, 12:53 AM
It's tough to beat anybody when you score 0, which is what we had against EWU last week and should've had today. Thanks for that gift touchdown at the end, by the way.

You can thank the refs for that TD. The receiver was down, I could see that even with the crappy internet feed I was getting. But it's moot anyway.

I Bleed Purple
September 27th, 2009, 01:07 AM
I hope it's not enough for him to keep his job. If I was the AD, I would've fired him at halftime today.

I still can't get over a play call from the EWU game. 3rd and short, shotgun option play with a non-running QB AWAY from the TE INTO a two receiver set to the big side of the field. It's third and short, OF COURSE the corners are going to play tight. Of course, with no TE, the DE easily blew up the QB after two steps, and Harris was easily tackled by the inside CB and the OLB for maybe a three yard loss if he got that far.

UNCBears2010
September 27th, 2009, 01:08 AM
I still can't get over a play call from the EWU game. 3rd and short, shotgun option play with a non-running QB AWAY from the TE INTO a two receiver set to the big side of the field. It's third and short, OF COURSE the corners are going to play tight. Of course, with no TE, the DE easily blew up the QB after two steps, and Harris was easily tackled by the inside CB and the OLB for maybe a three yard loss if he got that far.

Stupid stuff like that happens all the time...

JALMOND
September 27th, 2009, 01:16 AM

How about our two point try late in the game against WSU? I mean everyone is wondering why are we kicking it. I mean, if you are going to fake it and line up in some type of formation, shouldn't there be a chance that you might kick it. Everyone knew we were going for two, why not just line up in a traditional set instead of getting fancy with it.

Glanville has a lot more football knowledge than I'll ever have, but sometimes I think he makes it more complicated than it should be.

UNCBears2010
September 27th, 2009, 01:46 AM
How about our two point try late in the game against WSU? I mean everyone is wondering why are we kicking it. I mean, if you are going to fake it and line up in some type of formation, shouldn't there be a chance that you might kick it. Everyone knew we were going for two, why not just line up in a traditional set instead of getting fancy with it.

Glanville has a lot more football knowledge than I'll ever have, but sometimes I think he makes it more complicated than it should be.

He's too old to be coaching, just like our offensive coordinator.

EdubAlum
September 27th, 2009, 09:18 AM
hate to brag, but i called the ISU game:-)

JALMOND
September 27th, 2009, 11:56 AM
hate to brag, but i called the ISU game:-)

A lot of people did. I just couldn't predict the home team would not win at least one game. EWU had owned Sac State in Sacramento, UM had owned NAU period, UNC was just too beat up to beat MSU (my opinion at the time), and on paper WSU was just plain better than PSU even in Portland. I am trying to believe the Bengals are not that bad and playing DII at home (even as great a DII as CWU) I gave them the benefit of the doubt. One wrong pick the whole month of September. I'll take it.xthumbsupx

Ronbo
September 27th, 2009, 12:36 PM
CWU is one bad ass DII that most years has 17-18 FBS transfers that washed out at Washington, Washington State, Oregon, and Oregon State. They beat the DII defending champs Minn Duluth at Duluth in the 1st game this season. It was on ESPN2 I think or maybe Fox College Sports.