PDA

View Full Version : FCS ON TV/INTERNET STREAM, WEEK 4

Lehigh Football Nation
September 24th, 2009, 12:16 AM
http://college-sports-source.appspot.com/Scores.html?subd=FCS

Now including GoASU.com and FamCast. I think it's all there. Please let me know of any corrections or omissions.

I use this all the time to juggle all the internet streams out there, it's a convenient page with everything.

R.A.
September 24th, 2009, 03:33 AM
The NSU-BCU game can also be seen on a tape-delay basis on ESPNU as part of the MEAC’s 2009 football TV package with ESPN. The game will be televised at 10:30 p.m. the same night.

http://www.nsuspartans.com/news/2009/9/22/FB_0922095535.aspx

JMU Newbill
September 24th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Thanks for this link!

danefan
September 24th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Albany game is on Time Warner Cable in upstate New York.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 24th, 2009, 08:57 AM
http://www.nsuspartans.com/news/2009/9/22/FB_0922095535.aspx

Just added ESPNU to this game. Thanks!

EKU05
September 24th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Do they really show Morehead State games on OVCsports.TV? I had never really thought about whether they would be included in that or not.

mcveyrl
September 24th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Do any of you Big South guys know if I can order just the LU-JMU game? I don't see the option on the BigSouth Network page.

Nevermind: Found it!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 24th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Do they really show Morehead State games on OVCsports.TV? I had never really thought about whether they would be included in that or not.

They do - I think it's just home games, and that's because they're in the OVC in all other sports. APSU also was televised this way when they were in the Pioneer - same situation before they went back to the OVC in football.

Dayton and Morehead State definitely both have online feeds, I think San Diego and Jacksonville might as well.

JoshUCA
September 24th, 2009, 10:02 AM
UCA has just added FREE live streaming of all home football games (as well as other sports). So there will be a stream for UCA vs Glenville State this weekend.
For the football games they said that they will use the feed from the video board for the webcast, so it should be pretty good.
LINK (http://www.ucasports.com/livevideo/)

SumItUp
September 24th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Do any of you Big South guys know if I can order just the LU-JMU game? I don't see the option on the BigSouth Network page.

Check your local cable offering. FamilyNet covers all Liberty home games and has coverage with most major cable companies. The games are also covered by JCTV which supposedly has coverage on DirecTV and Dish Network. If you don't have access to the channels through cable/satellite, you can always watch the game streamed at http://www.jctv.org. JCTV also has coverage on local stations throughout the country. You can check the list of stations at http://www.jctv.org/updates/

mcveyrl
September 24th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Check your local cable offering. FamilyNet covers all Liberty home games and has coverage with most major cable companies. The games are also covered by JCTV which supposedly has coverage on DirecTV and Dish Network. If you don't have access to the channels through cable/satellite, you can always watch the game streamed at http://www.jctv.org. JCTV also has coverage on local stations throughout the country. You can check the list of stations at http://www.jctv.org/updates/

Thanks. I was planning on making the trip up, but JMU tickets got gone earlier this week than I expected. I could get tickets for the hill, but I'd have my wife, sister-in-law, and two kids (4 and 1.5). We wouldn't do well on the hill.

Do you know if jctv.com streams live? I don't have FamNet here (I checked the website). I think that the satellite companies are running it on a two hour delay.

I really don't mind to give the Big South six bucks so I can watch it in the comfort of my home. :D

SumItUp
September 24th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Do you know if jctv.com streams live? I don't have FamNet here (I checked the website).

The JCTV relationship is new and I have sent a message to them to verify that it will be live, but that was my understanding. The daily schedule of programming on the website has not been updated to include Saturday's game. Be sure to go to www.jctv.org, not .com.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 24th, 2009, 10:27 AM
UCA has just added FREE live streaming of all home football games (as well as other sports). So there will be a stream for UCA vs Glenville State this weekend.
For the football games they said that they will use the feed from the video board for the webcast, so it should be pretty good.
LINK (http://www.ucasports.com/livevideo/)

Added. Thanks!

Most online broadcasts are run either by:

* College Sports Direct (most school website links, like Dane Zone, Eagle Vision, etc. but also the Big South, SoCon, OVC games)

* CBS College Sports XXL (individual Pioneer games, most Patriot League, other independents)

* ESPN360 (some MEAC/SWAC, FCS vs. FBS games)

But there are independents outside these "big three".

Are there any other independent video streams available, run by the schools, that I'm missing? They are sometimes hard to compile. The ones I know of are GoASU (App State), FamCast (FAMU), Stretch Internet/CrusaderVision (Holy Cross) and UCA's one here. I think Colgate's is independent, too.

mcveyrl
September 24th, 2009, 10:35 AM
The JCTV relationship is new and I have sent a message to them to verify that it will be live, but that was my understanding. The daily schedule of programming on the website has not been updated to include Saturday's game. Be sure to go to www.jctv.org, not .com.

Yea, I went to .com first. Some nice camera work by that guy it looks like. :D

I also noticed that the schedule hadn't been updated. Let me know what you find out about the live stream.

Have you (or anyone else) watched a BSNetwork broadcast? What's the picture quality? Ideally, I'd like to run the computer into the TV if I could.

SumItUp
September 24th, 2009, 11:28 AM
BSNetwork broadcast? What's the picture quality? Ideally, I'd like to run the computer into the TV if I could.

I had the BigSouth Edge package last year. It was horrible. I'm not sure if the offering this year is a technology upgrade or a marketing repackage. I wouldn't recommend it unless you do not have any other options.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 24th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I had the BigSouth Edge package last year. It was horrible. I'm not sure if the offering this year is a technology upgrade or a marketing repackage. I wouldn't recommend it unless you do not have any other options.

Liberty's TV is the class of the Big South by far, but I'd rather have the Big South Edge than nothing. xthumbsupx

mcveyrl
September 24th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Liberty's TV is the class of the Big South by far, but I'd rather have the Big South Edge than nothing. xthumbsupx

It looks like that's what I'm faced with.

RattlerFan70
September 24th, 2009, 07:39 PM
•Tennessee State vs FAMU

Atlanta Georgia Dome, 3:30 p.m.

•TV: VERSUS

Internet: http://www.famu.edu/famcast/?main&home

GeauxLions94
September 24th, 2009, 08:39 PM
If you want to shell out $9.95 a month to watch South Dakota

CoyoteVision (http://www.dakotacast.org/usd/index.htm)

JMU Newbill
September 25th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks. I was planning on making the trip up, but JMU tickets got gone earlier this week than I expected. I could get tickets for the hill, but I'd have my wife, sister-in-law, and two kids (4 and 1.5). We wouldn't do well on the hill.

Do you know if jctv.com streams live? I don't have FamNet here (I checked the website). I think that the satellite companies are running it on a two hour delay.

I really don't mind to give the Big South six bucks so I can watch it in the comfort of my home. :D

I couldn't find coverage on Directv or DishNetwork? I was looking to see if I could go watch the game at my favorite sports bar down the street, but it doesn't look like I can.

Supposedly I get famnet with my comcast digital package... I'm calling today to confirm.

If anyone finds this game on directv though, let me know!

Pards Rule
September 25th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Isnt Lafayette-Penn on CN8??

mcveyrl
September 25th, 2009, 08:18 AM
I couldn't find coverage on Directv or DishNetwork? I was looking to see if I could go watch the game at my favorite sports bar down the street, but it doesn't look like I can.

Supposedly I get famnet with my comcast digital package... I'm calling today to confirm.

If anyone finds this game on directv though, let me know!

I think I'm going to try my luck with the Big South Network online (only $6) unless it's on channelsurfing.net and I may just go with that.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 25th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I think I'm going to try my luck with the Big South Network online (only $6) unless it's on channelsurfing.net and I may just go with that.

Since it's on FamilyNet, you have a fighting chance that it's on there since FN is national in scope.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 25th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Isnt Lafayette-Penn on CN8??

It's not, it's only on the Lafayette Sports Network family of stations. It's also available on DirecTV too, I believe.

Pards Rule
September 25th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Thx LFN..yeah, I checked and CN8 is showing the Phils...Come on, they won the division, lets forget about these meaningless end of year games and show some football!!!!!!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 25th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Thx LFN..yeah, I checked and CN8 is showing the Phils...Come on, they won the division, lets forget about these meaningless end of year games and show some football!!!!!!

Damned straight! xthumbsupx What's worse is when it's the Flyers.... PRESEASON games. xnonono2xxnonono2x

Pards Rule
September 25th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Preseason games = waste of my valuable time..Dont bother with that *****

JMU Newbill
September 25th, 2009, 10:25 AM

Well, I ended up getting lucky after all. In Richmond, with Comcast Digital, I get channel 296 (famnet), and it seems to come through ok. So I guess I can watch the game from my sofa and eat my own "bar food".

mcveyrl
September 25th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Well, I ended up getting lucky after all. In Richmond, with Comcast Digital, I get channel 296 (famnet), and it seems to come through ok. So I guess I can watch the game from my sofa and eat my own "bar food".

mcveyrl
September 26th, 2009, 10:17 AM
These FCS games are available on channelsurfing.net:

NCAA Football - Rhode Island at Connecticut 12:00PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Lehigh vs Princeton 12:30PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Duquesne at Dayton 1:00PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Marist at Bucknell 1:00PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Howard at Georgetown 2:00PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Northeastern at Villanova 3:30PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Virginia Military Institute at Richmond 3:30PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - McNeese State at Tulane 3:30PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Monmouth at Old Dominion 6:00PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Stony Brook at Massachusetts 6:00PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Sam Houston State at Tulsa 7:00PM EST 9/26

PhoenixSupreme
September 26th, 2009, 12:29 PM
These FCS games are available on channelsurfing.net:

NCAA Football - Rhode Island at Connecticut 12:00PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Lehigh vs Princeton 12:30PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Duquesne at Dayton 1:00PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Marist at Bucknell 1:00PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Howard at Georgetown 2:00PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Northeastern at Villanova 3:30PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Virginia Military Institute at Richmond 3:30PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - McNeese State at Tulane 3:30PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Monmouth at Old Dominion 6:00PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Stony Brook at Massachusetts 6:00PM EST 9/26
NCAA Football - Sam Houston State at Tulsa 7:00PM EST 9/26

Elon-GSU are there as well

mcveyrl
September 26th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Elon-GSU are there as well

Yea, I just saw it and came over here to post. Probably one of the better ones available. Watching it now.

Philliesfan980
September 26th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Two games that I'm looking for online tonight -

Delaware vs. William and Mary
Penn vs. Lafayette

Can anyone help? Thanks!!