*Cornell at Yale, Noon
Dartmouth at New Hampshire, Noon
Central Connecticut State at Columbia, 12:30 pm
Princeton at Lehigh, 12:30 pm
Penn at Lafayette, 6 pm

Tough week to call, but I'll go for:
Harvard by 3 (very, very close)
Cornell by 7
New Hampshire by 21+ (Dartmouth is going nowhere still, good thing this is the last game of the series for a while)
CCSU by 3 (close?)
Princeton by 13
Lafayette by 18

danefan
September 23rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Friday, September 25
*Brown at Harvard, 7 pm

Saturday, September 26
*Cornell at Yale, Noon
Penn at Lafayette, 6 pm

Tough week to call, but I'll go for:
Harvard by 3 (very, very close)
Cornell by 7
New Hampshire by 21+ (Dartmouth is going nowhere still, good thing this is the last game of the series for a while)
Columbia by 17
Princeton by 13
Lafayette by 18

What makes you think that Columbia is 2.5 TD's better than CCSU?

And so you're saying that Lafayette is essentially better than Villanova?

Ivytalk
September 23rd, 2009, 04:10 PM
Harvard by 6
Yale by 7
UNH by 25
Lehigh by 7
CCSU by 4
Penn by 7

danefan
September 23rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
Harvard by 6
Yale by 7
UNH by 25
Lehigh by 7
CCSU by 4
Penn by 7

Just trying to figure out what score was in your head when picked 4?

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Ivytalk
September 23rd, 2009, 04:21 PM
Just trying to figure out what score was in your head when picked 4?

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Oh, 21-17.xnodx

DJOM
September 23rd, 2009, 04:22 PM
Princeton by 14. First week is always tough--They come together this week.

danefan
September 23rd, 2009, 04:23 PM
Oh, 21-17.xnodx

Gotcha.

I'm thinking about going to this game. I have Yankee-Red Sox tickets at 4:30pm so I was going to pop into Robert Kraft stadium and check out at least the first half.

Are there any Columbia fans on here?

RichH2
September 23rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
LU over Princeton by 9

Ivytalk
September 23rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Gotcha.

I'm thinking about going to this game. I have Yankee-Red Sox tickets at 4:30pm so I was going to pop into Robert Kraft stadium and check out at least the first half.

Are there any Columbia fans on here?

I'll be pulling for Columbia, because the oldest son of Dr. Mrs. Ivy's colleague is a varsity hoopster for the Lions.

I'll take the "under" on any attendance bet! Harvard-Columbia drew less than 3000 in '07 at Wien Stadium, although the weather kinda sucked.

danefan
September 23rd, 2009, 04:38 PM
I'll be pulling for Columbia, because the oldest son of Dr. Mrs. Ivy's colleague is a varsity hoopster for the Lions.

I'll take the "under" on any attendance bet! Harvard-Columbia drew less than 3000 in '07 at Wien Stadium, although the weather kinda sucked.

Weather or not, looking at the map and figuring out what neighborhoods I have to drive through may keep me away from this one afterall.xeyebrowx Plus it doesn't look like there is any parking to be found, unless there's a garage somewhere.

Two of my former teammate at Albany are Columbia coaches so maybe I'll have to drop an email to get the scoop.

Franks Tanks
September 23rd, 2009, 04:42 PM
What makes you think that Columbia is 2.5 TD's better than CCSU?

And so you're saying that Lafayette is essentially better than Villanova?

Well Penn took Nova to OT last year and we beat them by 7-- cant really use that.

Anyway Bonrae is my new favorite poster!

Franks Tanks
September 23rd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Weather or not, looking at the map and figuring out what neighborhoods I have to drive through may keep me away from this one afterall.xeyebrowx Plus it doesn't look like there is any parking to be found, unless there's a garage somewhere.

Two of my former teammate at Albany are Columbia coaches so maybe I'll have to drop an email to get the scoop.

Ya this is why nobody goes to Columbia games. I dont think they have a garage, they do have a lot near the field but that is probably for season ticket holders.

Ivytalk
September 23rd, 2009, 05:01 PM

Why drive? Take the "1" train uptown from Penn Station. It's about a 25-minute ride to the Columbia stadium station, and about a 5-minute walk from there. No biggie.

bulldog10jw
September 23rd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Friday, September 25
*Brown at Harvard, 7 pm

Saturday, September 26
*Cornell at Yale, Noon
Penn at Lafayette, 6 pm

danefan
September 23rd, 2009, 05:32 PM
Why drive? Take the "1" train uptown from Penn Station. It's about a 25-minute ride to the Columbia stadium station, and about a 5-minute walk from there. No biggie.

That's what I was just looking at. I have to go to Yankee stadium from there though. I think I can walk up to Marble Hill Metro North station and take Metro North right to Yankee stadium. If that's the case it might work.

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 23rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Brown 14 at Harvard 27 xnonox Don't mess with Murph 2 weeks in a row.
Cornell 17 at Yale 28 xnodx At home, Elis hang one on the Big Red
Dartmouth 14 at New Hampshire 65 xoopsx Oops, mismatch of the week. But not to worry after this year, ....
Central Connecticut State 31 at Columbia 28 (OT) xthumbsupx Blue Devils take care of Blue Lions in a thriller at the tip of the island.
Princeton 14 at Lehigh 17 :( Tigers help Engineers get realigned at home, ...
Penn 14 at Lafayette 13 xnonono2x Pards fall to irrepressible Quakes.

brownbear
September 23rd, 2009, 06:59 PM
Cornell by 3
UNH by 28
CCSU by 3
Princeton by 7
Lafayette by 4

Bold, Homer Prediction of the Week:

Brown by 4

Ivytalk
September 23rd, 2009, 08:18 PM
Cornell by 3
UNH by 28
CCSU by 3
Princeton by 7
Lafayette by 4

Bold, Homer Prediction of the Week:

Brown by 4

Ah, go back to yer books, young 'un!xrolleyesxxrulesx

aceinthehole
September 23rd, 2009, 10:51 PM

After making the trip to Lehigh and W&M, I can't make this one.

CCSU's Alumni Assoc is hosting pregame meet, and has chartered a bus from New Britain. They note parking is very limited.
http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=88585&SPID=10551&DB_OEM_ID=17600&ATCLID=204795823

The Central Connecticut State University Alumni Office invites you to join them as the Blue Devil football team travels to New York to take on Columbia on September 26 at 12:30 p.m. The Blue Devils are facing an Ivy League opponent for the first time in school history. Join other alumni, parents and friends as they travel to the game and cheer on the Blue Devils next Saturday.

Join CCSU in New York

FOOTBALL GAME - CCSU vs. Columbia in New York
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Game Time – 12:30 pm

11:00 a.m.
CCSU Alumni and Friends will meet in the Pre-Game Picnic Area at the Baker Athletics Complex (area features communal barbecue grills, picnic tables and a beverage concession stand serving soft drinks and beer.) The concession stand will open ninety (90) minutes prior to kickoff and close thirty (30) minutes after kickoff.

Ticket Information
The Central sections are M (where the Blue Devil Marching Band will be seated) K, L and N.
Ticket price is $10.
Purchase online at http://www.gocolumbialions.com or call 1-888-LIONS-11

OR

Coach Bus from Campus and Game Ticket (depart Student Center Circle, 9:00 a.m. return immediately following the game)
Price $25
Purchase: Tickets go on sale Friday, September 18th at CENtix Box Office located in the Student Center (860) 832-1989. Game tickets will not be sold separately.

Parking is limited and Columbia urges fans to use mass transit.

For complete information including tailgate regulations visit:

http://www.gocolumbialions.com and check out game day information at Baker Athletics Complex.

Questions call the Alumni Office 860-832-1740 or email the Alumni Department at [email protected].

ngineer
September 24th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Noting the wide disparities in the picks...basically says we really don't know much about our respective teams yet.xrotatehx

RichH2
September 24th, 2009, 09:53 AM
And some of us are afraid to find out :(

aceinthehole
September 25th, 2009, 10:00 AM
That's what I was just looking at. I have to go to Yankee stadium from there though. I think I can walk up to Marble Hill Metro North station and take Metro North right to Yankee stadium. If that's the case it might work.

FYI - A great post by a Columbia blogger on how to get to (and enjoy) a trip to Baker Stadium.

http://roarlions.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-get-to-baker-2009-edition.html

danefan
September 25th, 2009, 10:06 AM
FYI - A great post by a Columbia blogger on how to get to (and enjoy) a trip to Baker Stadium.

http://roarlions.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-get-to-baker-2009-edition.html

Thanks Ace!

Achilles Return
September 25th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Who's the current favorite to win the Ivy?

danefan
September 25th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Who's the current favorite to win the Ivy?

From the outside looking in, it appears to be Penn.

I would say Harvard or Cornell xeekx would be looking at the potential challengers.

Ivy folks, what say you?

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 25th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Brown 14 at Harvard 27 xnonox Don't mess with Murph 2 weeks in a row.
Cornell 17 at Yale 28 xnodx At home, Elis hang one on the Big Red
Dartmouth 14 at New Hampshire 65 xoopsx Oops, mismatch of the week. But not to worry after this year, ....
Central Connecticut State 31 at Columbia 28 (OT) xthumbsupx Blue Devils take care of Blue Lions in a thriller at the tip of the island.
Princeton 14 at Lehigh 17 :( Tigers help Engineers get realigned at home, ...
Penn 14 at Lafayette 13 xnonono2x Pards fall to irrepressible Quakes.

Someone better tell the Newmarket militia to pack extra gun powderxlolx

bonarae
September 25th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Game will start in 15 minutes!

carney2
September 25th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Brown at Harvard The 500 lb. gorilla in this league is named John.

Cornell at Yale A tough call, but it is Cornell after all.

Dartmouth at New Hampshire The Indians are searching for the bottom and don't appear close.

Central Connecticut State at Columbia The Lions are moving forward but the steps are awfully small.

Princeton at Lehigh No reason to fear this bunch of Tigers.

Penn at Lafayette No conviction in this pick.