View Full Version : UD's Matt Marcorelle Done for the Year

93henfan
September 23rd, 2009, 03:47 PM
Read more: http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20090922/SPORTS07/909220334/1028/Marcorelle-to-undergo-season-ending-surgery

NEWARK -- Fifth-year senior defensive end Matt Marcorelle will have surgery Wednesday that will certainly end his 2009 University of Delaware football season and possibly his UD career, coach K.C. Keeler said Monday.

Marcorelle has a tendon injury in his left ankle that is being aggravated by bone chips. It severely limits his lateral movement and is quite painful.

The Fort Pierce, Fla., resident, in his third year as a UD captain and a past recipient of All-American and All-CAA recognition, could petition the NCAA for a sixth year of eligibility for next season.

JMU_71
September 23rd, 2009, 03:52 PM
Man, that's rough. I wish him all the best. I know UD sure could use him on the D-line this year.

GannonFan
September 23rd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Man, that's rough. I wish him all the best. I know UD sure could use him on the D-line this year.

The plan was to use him as a LB this year, and let him rush off the end on obvious passing downs. Plenty of depth at the D-line to allow that, and it would've given him a lot more freedom to roam. However, he was never healthy enough to see that plan to fruition.

You have to think he's got a pretty good shot at the medical redshirt - hard to find someone who's been as hurt as this guy has been through the years, and now a second season ending surgery. He's UD's version of Eric Lindros, minus the over-involved parents and minus the being a Canadian. xthumbsupx