PDA

View Full Version : Must Win Situation

appstate38
September 22nd, 2009, 07:37 AM
Week 4 is upon us!!!
Whose team is in a must win situation this week

No Brainer for me! The Apps must win this week. 0-3 and 0-1 in the SoCon would be a near train wreck in my view. With that said I believe they will come out and get it done.

james_lawfirm
September 22nd, 2009, 07:48 AM
Week 4 is upon us!!!
Whose team is in a must win situation this week

No Brainer for me! The Apps must win this week. 0-3 and 0-1 in the SoCon would be a near train wreck in my view. With that said I believe they will come out and get it done.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. To lose the first 3 games of the season would be a "near train wreck". That said, since I have tickets to every single game this season, home & away, I hope that does not happen.

I also agree that this game against Samford should be a good one for the black & gold. I was going to say we should take no prisoners & show 'em no quarter, but I got tired of hearing that down in G'vegas.

mcveyrl
September 22nd, 2009, 07:55 AM
While JMU is not in as dire a situation as ASU (and I agree with both the above), going 1-2 OOC will pretty much doom us. Not to mention, if we go 8-3 and go up against Liberty in the selection room, we're out.

andy7171
September 22nd, 2009, 08:06 AM
With 6 of the remaining teams on the schedule being ranked(5 in the top ten), we need to beat Morgan State. Every year we play them flat and eek out a last minute win. We cannot afford to have this be the year they get their win of the decade.

I hate the Battle of Baltimore.

Original_RMC
September 22nd, 2009, 08:08 AM
RMU is 0-3 and has never started a season 0-4. RMU has a tough Bryant team coming in for Homecoming this week.

OhioHen
September 22nd, 2009, 08:09 AM
Any team in an autobid conference with 2 losses already on their record is in at least a near-must win situation.

Any team in an autobid conference with a conference loss already on their record is in a must win situation if playing in conference.

For non-autobid conferences, reduce that to a loss on the record at least near-must and must win if playing in conference.