PDA

View Full Version : Houston Newspaper Shares Thoughts on Bailiff

TexasTerror
December 13th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Very unusual. Bailiff fills up 1/3rd of the Rice notebook this week that runs in the Houston Chronicle each week.

Seems like MK Bower just wanted to take some shots at Bailiff and his showing "odd time to show zero confidence in his players" for no apparent reason! I jaw-dropped when reading this. Didn't make sense. Here's some of the article, not it in it's entirety.

Bailiff hurts cause

Bailiff should be heartily commended for leading the Bobcats to the brink of playing for a national title; Texas State was a dormant program before he arrived in February 2004.

However, with several factors in his favor — the ultra-talented Nealy steering a red-hot offense, a raucous stadium and three timeouts — Bailiff chose an odd time to show zero confidence in his players.

In order to thrive in the unique atmosphere at Rice, the next coach must possess a confidence bordering on lunacy, something Bailiff didn't display.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3520674.html

griz37
December 13th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Has he even been mentioned as a candidate before this article?

colgate13
December 13th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Rice has a football team? Is that Division III?

BCisforBobcatTX
December 13th, 2005, 11:43 AM
I doubt he was, but it's a possibility. Some Bobcat fans thought Bailiff might get a shot at the K-State vacancy before it was filled and I'm sure some think he's gonna get a shot at CU or San Diego State, but they're all wrong. Bailiff's gonna hafta show he can sustain this type of success for a couple seasons at least before he gets an offer from one of those I-A schools. Rice though, they're kinda desparate, he MIGHT get talked about for that one.

TXST_CAT
December 13th, 2005, 11:44 AM
TT do you dedicate your life to tarnishing the TXST name?? That goes beyond lame. Well I guess if you have nothing to talk about your own football team you need to knock on ours. Any way it has been said seveeral times over Bailiff is happy where he is keep wishing he'll move on.

TXST_CAT
December 13th, 2005, 11:48 AM
I doubt he was, but it's a possibility. Some Bobcat fans thought Bailiff might get a shot at the K-State vacancy before it was filled and I'm sure some think he's gonna get a shot at CU or San Diego State, but they're all wrong. Bailiff's gonna hafta show he can sustain this type of success for a couple seasons at least before he gets an offer from one of those I-A schools. Rice though, they're kinda desparate, he MIGHT get talked about for that one.
The man has said it several time he wants to be here. Are we so bad a University that we cannot keep a good coach why is it every time a successful coach comes here we must asume eh is on his way out. Coud it be for a chance that Bailiff came here to stay. Don't let the roumor mill fool everyone. Unless it is TCU Bailiff is going to stay right where he is and build somehting special. Besides noother University in Texas can recieve the media attention he just recieved by sustaining a season in the playoffs.