PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Prognostications - 9/20

TexasTerror
September 20th, 2009, 10:09 PM
Just for fun and to stir debate... ;)

Not much change this week...EWU is out, UMass is in. McNeese is a seed. TXST is not.

Automatic Bids
Big Sky: Montana
Colonial: Richmond
MEAC: Florida A&M
Missouri Valley: Northern Iowa
Ohio Valley: Eastern Illinois
Patriot: Holy Cross
Southern: Elon
Southland: Texas State - San Marcos

At-Large
Appalachian State
Massachussets
McNeese State
New Hampshire
South Carolina State
South Dakota State
Villanova
William & Mary

Bracket
South Carolina State @ (1) Richmond
New Hampshire @ Appalachian State

Holy Cross @ (4) Villanova
William & Mary @ Elon

Eastern Illinois @ (3) McNeese State
Massachussets @ Northern Iowa

Florida A&M @ Texas State - San Marcos
South Dakota State @ (2) Montana

MSUBear42
September 20th, 2009, 10:13 PM
It will be interesting to see whether SDSU or SIU will be the at-large from the MVFC

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 20th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Replace the MEAC AL with Weber and I agree with you.

WestCoastAggie
September 20th, 2009, 10:31 PM
If this happens, UMass would probably host a game.

ToTheLeft
September 20th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Automatic Bids
MEAC: SC State
Southland: McNeese State

At-Large
Appalachian State
Massachusetts
FAMU
New Hampshire
SIU
South Dakota State
Villanova
William & Mary

Just a couple tweaks to TT's list... from the way I see it.

DOME
September 20th, 2009, 10:45 PM
I really expect SIU to make an apperance...

R.A.
September 20th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Automatic Bids
MEAC: SC State
Southland: McNeese State

At-Large
Appalachian State
Massachusetts
FAMU
New Hampshire
SIU
South Dakota State
Villanova
William & Mary

Just a couple tweaks to TT's list... from the way I see it.

:D

ToTheLeft
September 20th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Yes? I really like SC State, got to watch them (haven't got to see FAMU) on ESPN and I like what I see. Ford is a really talented player.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 20th, 2009, 11:30 PM

Not much change this week...EWU is out, UMass is in. McNeese is a seed. TXST is not.

Automatic Bids

At-Large
Appalachian State
Massachussets
McNeese State
New Hampshire
South Carolina State
South Dakota State
Villanova
William & Mary

Bracket

William & Mary @ Elon

Why would we be in last week with a loss, and out this week with a win? Still waiting on a decision by the committee anyway...

seattlespider
September 21st, 2009, 12:51 AM
Replace the MEAC AL with Weber and I agree with you.

I think the MEAC is looking good for two at this point. But I also agree that Weber or Cal Poly will get in. Hard to believe that Montana would be the only Western team in there.

Jackman
September 21st, 2009, 01:13 AM
Massachusetts @ Northern Iowa

Switch these matchups. We want the rematch of the 2006 Championship Game, and UNH vs. UNI is simply meant to be, now and for all eternity.

Tribe4SF
September 21st, 2009, 05:22 AM

Automatic Bids

At-Large
Appalachian State
Massachussets
McNeese State
New Hampshire
South Carolina State
South Dakota State
Villanova
William & Mary

Bracket

William & Mary @ Elon

How did you figure W&M would be at Elon? That matchup would go to the highest bidder.

Bull Fan
September 21st, 2009, 06:09 AM
Very disappointed that preseason #7 Hofstra isn't on anyone's list.....

Tribe4SF
September 21st, 2009, 07:32 AM
Very disappointed that preseason #7 Hofstra isn't on anyone's list.....

Need a smilie with that one!xlolx

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 21st, 2009, 07:48 AM
Switch these matchups. We want the rematch of the 2006 Championship Game, and UNH vs. UNI is simply meant to be, now and for all eternity.

Don't expect a Christmas card from ycUNHf after that post.

TexasTerror
September 21st, 2009, 08:09 AM
Why would we be in last week with a loss, and out this week with a win? Still waiting on a decision by the committee anyway...

Pulled you guys out until a decision was made.

I really expect SIU to make an apperance...

As I said last week, SIU's road is very difficult. I'm not willing to commit them to my playoff prognostications just yet.

drpnut
September 21st, 2009, 08:13 AM
I just don't see Elon winning the SoCon, and I"m not too high on Appy either.

Will be an interesting year.

As I said in another thread last week: MEAC is a one bid league, write it down.

Big Al
September 21st, 2009, 08:17 AM
UNI doesn't get a seed? Lay down the crack pipe, son.

jmufan999
September 21st, 2009, 08:18 AM

i could be mistaken, but isn't the MEAC ALWAYS a one bid league? i'm not disagreeing with you, drp... it may sound like it.

i'm disagreeing with the assumption that somehow, the MEAC has become a league that gets in an at-large berth.

once again an example of reverse-smack, as i call it (actually i just made it up). it's called "look how nice i can be to other fans, even if i don't really feel their team/conference is that good".

let's knock that off. the MEAC gets one team in, then that team gets crushed in the first (or possibly second) round. this isn't smack, it's a history that's been proven over and over again.

drpnut
September 21st, 2009, 08:21 AM

Some folks are saying this is the year MEAC gets 2 in SC sTate and FAMU...

I agree with you... they are a 1 bid league... plain and simple...ot smack just facts...

Poker Alan
September 21st, 2009, 08:41 AM
Those disregarding Weber St this early better remember their schedule so far... they likely will finish 8-3, and the Big Sky almost always has two teams in... and possibly Cal Poly, as well, from "the far west" (this is obv. assuming Montana is auto-bid...)

RabidRabbit
September 21st, 2009, 08:56 AM
Those disregarding Weber St this early better remember their schedule so far... they likely will finish 8-3, and the Big Sky almost always has two teams in... and possibly Cal Poly, as well, from "the far west" (this is obv. assuming Montana is auto-bid...)

Cal Poly/Weber/Montana will all yet round-robin with each other. Only MT will not have any FBS losses. The only way Weber's in is as auto-bid (beats MT). Likewise, Poly with 2 FBS losses will basically need to win out. Since that means beating both Weber and MT, then those two are playing for the title.

Montana is the only one that can afford to loss to the other two and still get selected. But then they can't afford more than one other Big Sky Loss.

EmeryZach
September 21st, 2009, 09:38 AM
No JMU? hmmm.......

I think either UMass or UNH will get in, but not both.

UMass has to play Richmond and JMU.
UNH has to play Nova and William & Mary.

It will come down to those games.

Native
September 21st, 2009, 10:00 AM
Cal Poly/Weber/Montana will all yet round-robin with each other. Only MT will not have any FBS losses. The only way Weber's in is as auto-bid (beats MT). Likewise, Poly with 2 FBS losses will basically need to win out. Since that means beating both Weber and MT, then those two are playing for the title.

Montana is the only one that can afford to loss to the other two and still get selected. But then they can't afford more than one other Big Sky Loss.

Good point. Montana could indeed afford a total of two Big Sky losses and still get an at-large bid, as long as they beat Cal Poly.

And deservedly so. Consider the off chance that Montana loses to both Weber and EWU, but wins out the rest of their games. They would still finish 9-2, and with only one non-FCS game on their schedule this year, would finish 8-2 in DI contests. As long as EWU's post-season ban remains in place, Montana would bet the bid. If the second loss were to some team other than EWU, Montana would be a lock!

Likewise, since all of Weber's games have been DI contests, despite thei two losses to FBS teams, the Wildcats could still lose one more game, finish with 8 FCS (DI) victories, and be considered for an at-large bid.

Cal Poly is in the same situation as Weber. With a loss to Ohio in the bag and DII Dixie State remaining on the schedule, they can only afford one more loss to be able to maintain that critical 8 DI victory threshold and be considered for an at-large bid.

tribe_pride
September 21st, 2009, 10:06 AM
No JMU? hmmm.......

UMass has to play atRichmond and JMU and at Delaware.
UNH has to play Nova and at William & Mary.

Fixed.

UMass needs to win at least 1 of the South games and then win all of its North games (assuming 1 win versus Richmond, JMU, and Delaware.

UNH should beat Towson which means it can afford a loss to UMass and then lose to Nova and W&M and still get to 8 wins.

I know 7-4 can get you in, but don't count on it always and Maine can always be the wildcard team that will throw an upset in there (probably not enough for playoff consideration but to keep someone out)

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 21st, 2009, 10:11 AM
Good point. Montana could indeed afford a total of two Big Sky losses and still get an at-large bid, as long as they beat Cal Poly.

And deservedly so. Consider the off chance that Montana loses to both Weber and EWU, but wins out the rest of their games. They would still finish 9-2, and with only one non-FCS game on their schedule this year, would finish 8-2 in DI contests. As long as EWU's post-season ban remains in place, Montana would bet the bid. If the second loss were to some team other than EWU, Montana would be a lock!

Likewise, since all of Weber's games have been DI contests, they could still lose one more game, finish with 8 FCS (DI) victories, and be considered for an at-large bid.

We have a lot of football left to play, but I see Montana and Weber in the bracket somewhere. How it all shakes out will be what we discuss the rest of the year :D

JmuSkinsfan
September 21st, 2009, 10:15 AM
I understand leaving JMU out due to the fact that you have Richmond #1, Nova #3 and W&M #5 ... but the Dukes are still the #7 team in the country and took Maryland to OT. I know they're just 1-1, but if they take care of business @ Liberty and head into Hofstra and take a W in Hempstead, I like the Dukes at 3-1 to face both Richmond and 'Nova back to back weekends at home.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 21st, 2009, 10:19 AM
I understand leaving JMU out due to the fact that you have Richmond #1, Nova #3 and W&M #5 ... but the Dukes are still the #7 team in the country and took Maryland to OT. I know they're just 1-1, but if they take care of business @ Liberty and head into Hofstra and take a W in Hempstead, I like the Dukes at 3-1 to face both Richmond and 'Nova back to back weekends at home.

Lots of football left to sort it all out. xnodx

bjtheflamesfan
September 21st, 2009, 10:37 AM
I seriously think that Liberty-JMU could be an early play-in game at this point. a Liberty win could virtually cement an at large (signature win) while JMU, though they play in the very tough CAA, could still nail down at at large with a win while at teh same time keeping the Flames out even if they win the rest of their games

DOME
September 21st, 2009, 11:19 AM

xnodxxlolxxnodxxlolxxnodx

I'd be ok with that. I imagine their fans are getting to know their way around CF these days and would have a good time!

JMU Newbill
September 21st, 2009, 11:26 AM

I pretty much agree. I don't think JMU has proven anything yet this year. A loss is a loss, regardless of it being in OT or to an FBS team or whatever the circumstances.

If we beat Liberty and Hofstra on the road, then we can be in the discussion for coming out of the CAA. But then, we turn around and play two of the best three teams in the country on back to back weekends. I'll reserve my right to say we are a playoff team until after the Villanova game. If we are 5-1, wow that would be awesome, 4-2, I like our chances to get in the playoffs. If we are 3-3, I think we are a LONG shot and would need some help to get in... correction, I don't think we get in.

WestCoastAggie
September 21st, 2009, 11:45 AM
i could be mistaken, but isn't the MEAC ALWAYS a one bid league? i'm not disagreeing with you, drp... it may sound like it.

i'm disagreeing with the assumption that somehow, the MEAC has become a league that gets in an at-large berth.

once again an example of reverse-smack, as i call it (actually i just made it up). it's called "look how nice i can be to other fans, even if i don't really feel their team/conference is that good".

let's knock that off. the MEAC gets one team in, then that team gets crushed in the first (or possibly second) round. this isn't smack, it's a history that's been proven over and over again.
Some one is just shocked that that little conference with the HBCU's getting SOME respect amongst the posters here, coaches and the committee.

But it is a long season and FAMU & SCSU have a long way to go to earn MORE respect. xcoffeex

R.A.
September 21st, 2009, 12:02 PM

I think that if either SCSU or FAMU finish 10-1 or 9-2, that both of them will make the playoffs.

It's hard not to respect them... both coaches have playoff experience, both have Payton Award candidates on their rosters,both teams are returning the nucleus of their 2008 squads-- teams that finished 10-3 & 9-3 respectively, and right now in Leroy Vann, FAMU has the most exciting returner in all of college football.

Plus, it's the 3rd week of the season and they're both nationally ranked.

Dukie95
September 21st, 2009, 12:06 PM
This isn't intended to be smack, because I haven't been following it that closely so I genuinely don't know.

Where is the sudden respect for the MEAC coming from?

soccerguy315
September 21st, 2009, 12:08 PM
Fixed.
UNH should beat Towson which means it can afford a loss to UMass and then lose to Nova and W&M and still get to 8 wins.

An 8-3 UNH with loses to UMass, W&M, and Nova will probably be on the outside looking in.

agree / disagree?

danefan
September 21st, 2009, 12:09 PM
An 8-3 UNH with loses to UMass, W&M, and Nova will probably be on the outside looking in.

agree / disagree?

Disagree.

8-3 from the CAA with loses to three Top 15 teams and an FBS win is in 1000000000000% of the time.

R.A.
September 21st, 2009, 12:15 PM
This isn't intended to be smack, because I haven't been following it that closely so I genuinely don't know.

Hampton's 2-0 record over JMU xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotate hxxrotatehx:D

Dukie95
September 21st, 2009, 12:19 PM
Hampton's 2-0 record over JMU xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotate hxxrotatehx:D

helpful

PhoenixSupreme
September 21st, 2009, 12:22 PM
I pretty much agree. I don't think JMU has proven anything yet this year. A loss is a loss, regardless of it being in OT or to an FBS team or whatever the circumstances.

If we beat Liberty and Hofstra on the road, then we can be in the discussion for coming out of the CAA. But then, we turn around and play two of the best three teams in the country on back to back weekends. I'll reserve my right to say we are a playoff team until after the Villanova game. If we are 5-1, wow that would be awesome, 4-2, I like our chances to get in the playoffs. If we are 3-3, I think we are a LONG shot and would need some help to get in... correction, I don't think we get in.

I can definitely see both sides of JMU going in or not. I'm guessing the CAA as well as the SoCon will pretty much beat each other up where the auto-bids will come out with a conference loss or two. It's just a matter of which teams are the odd man out in the upper tiers of both leagues, and it could very well be JMU this year (and even Elon in the SoCon). That stretch against Richmond and Villanova, in my opinion, will possibly make or break your team this season.

WestCoastAggie
September 21st, 2009, 12:24 PM

SCSU returning a team that was competitive against App. ST

FAMU is just explosive offensively (google Leroy Vann but note that he is just ONE weapon)

To me its not the conference as a whole garnering respect more so than those two teams but with Morgan vs. Towson, A&T vs. Coastal Carolina & Howard vs. Georgetown we have an opp to actually win some games out of conference (eventhough Howard & Georgetown are at the bottom of the FCS) xcoffeex

WestCoastAggie
September 21st, 2009, 12:26 PM
Eventhough the CAA won those FBS games, they might not get four teams in. xwhistlex

danefan
September 21st, 2009, 12:28 PM
Eventhough the CAA won those FBS games, they might not get four teams in. xwhistlex

Why? If the top 5 to 6 teams in the CAA do nothing but beat each other the rest of the way they'll end up in the top 15 in all of the polls and they all have around 8 wins (including FBS wins) and no bad losses.

That will definitely get 5 in the playoffs again and the lower conferences will be on the outside looking in for at-larges.

soccerguy315
September 21st, 2009, 12:39 PM

doubtful

Tribe4SF
September 21st, 2009, 12:54 PM

agree / disagree?

UNH gets in at 8-3, unless they are up against W&M or Nova for a spot.

WestCoastAggie
September 21st, 2009, 12:54 PM
Why? If the top 5 to 6 teams in the CAA do nothing but beat each other the rest of the way they'll end up in the top 15 in all of the polls and they all have around 8 wins (including FBS wins) and no bad losses.

That will definitely get 5 in the playoffs again and the lower conferences will be on the outside looking in for at-larges.

We must not forget about Cal Poly & Weber state, Liberty (if they can defeat JMU), and the second & thrid place teams from The VALLEY making a case this season along with FAMU/SCSU (eventhough one of them will most likely be on the outside looking in unless they can have a GREAT showing in their FBS games. )

Dukie95
September 21st, 2009, 12:58 PM
MEAC fans need to root for JMU over Liberty this weekend.

If Liberty goes 10-1 with a win over JMU, they'll probably beat out a second MEAC team.

danefan
September 21st, 2009, 01:18 PM
MEAC fans need to root for JMU over Liberty this weekend.

If Liberty goes 10-1 with a win over JMU, they'll probably beat out a second MEAC team.

Actually I think they need to root for Liberty this week and every one of the Liberty's opponents the rest of the season.

If Liberty beats JMU, JMU is pretty much done, unless they win the AQ.

If Liberty then gets beat by a Big South team they're done.

That might open up a spot for a second MEAC team.

Longhorn
September 21st, 2009, 01:50 PM

Absolutely, I agree. The CAA will place 5 teams this year, and might even see a record 6 make the playoffs. ;)

nmatsen
September 21st, 2009, 02:47 PM
I don't think there is any doubt an 8-3 UNH gets in the playoffs. Would any UNH fans like to meet for an early lunch this year before you guys head over to the Dome for the game?

UNHFootballAlum
September 21st, 2009, 02:54 PM

agree / disagree?

an 8-3 UNH team with an FBS win makes the playoffs for sure

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 21st, 2009, 02:55 PM
I don't think there is any doubt an 8-3 UNH gets in the playoffs. Would any UNH fans like to meet for an early lunch this year before you guys head over to the Dome for the game?

At Mulligans?

kalm
September 21st, 2009, 02:59 PM

If Weber only loses to Montana and Montana gets the auto-bid, an 8-3 Weber team should still be a lock for an at-large. Unless I missed something and Poly is now in the Big Sky.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 21st, 2009, 03:01 PM
At Mulligans?

Is that the place we watched the Richmond-App game? That was a good time!!!! xnodx xnodx

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 21st, 2009, 03:04 PM
Is that the place we watched the Richmond-App game? That was a good time!!!! xnodx xnodx

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

I think it was.

This year I'd like to invite the UNI fans to watch the early game at The Page in Portsmouthxnodx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 21st, 2009, 03:15 PM
I think it was.

This year I'd like to invite the UNI fans to watch the early game at The Page in Portsmouthxnodx

Or at the Portsmouth Brewery or at Libby's or .....................

PantherRob needs to come East again and see more of NH and Maine! ;) I owe him a trip to the Mt. Washington Valley, through the Notches, down the CT River Valley Woodsville to Hanover, by some of the lakes mid-state, etc.! And you definitely have to take him ice fishing!!!!! Cap'n Cat, for that matter too!

RabidRabbit
September 21st, 2009, 03:18 PM
If Weber only loses to Montana and Montana gets the auto-bid, an 8-3 Weber team should still be a lock for an at-large. Unless I missed something and Poly is now in the Big Sky.

All 3 of these teams are playing for, at best 2 play-off spots. The only way for all three to make the play-offs is for MT to lose to BOTH Poly and Weber. It MT wins either or both then Weber vs Poly is at best a play-in game.

Poly OR WEBER may be playing in for the play-off spot in their game. Either one has 4 losses, but especially Poly, they'll be sidelined at the play-offs. Weber St. with 4 losses vs 8-3 teams or 7-3 teams is likely to be on the outside looking in.

Same is true for App St., and anyone else with two loses already, or 2 non-counters in their schedules.

Likewise, we can fairly readily assume that a max of 3 CAA South teams make the play-offs. They may look fantastic now, and may even have a FBS win. But if they lost 4X in conference, then they won't be selected. UD takes one more on the chin in the CAA South, I'd say they're pretty much done. xtwocentsx

tribe_pride
September 21st, 2009, 04:21 PM

agree / disagree?

I think that an 8-3 UNH team with those losses would be somewhat weak in the quality win department (only 1 quality win - still a quality team though) but as someone else said, they would have an FBS win. Not sure there will be enough other 8-3s with a better win and no bad losses. So I say in.

That is unless the CAA has UMass at 8-3 or better (in on head to head) and Richmond, Nova, W&M and JMU all at 8-3 or better then it might be tough. With the 8-3 the way mentioned above, they could beat out an 8-3 Delaware probably because of the D II win for Delaware.

soccerguy315
September 21st, 2009, 05:09 PM
interesting points on the UNH situation... I guess I forgot about their FBS win. I was thinking they wouldn't really have a "quality" win if they lost those 3 (and it would put them behind those 3 teams), but that isn't true.

kirkblitz
September 21st, 2009, 05:35 PM

Automatic Bids

At-Large
Appalachian State
Massachussets
McNeese State
New Hampshire
South Carolina State
South Dakota State
Villanova
William & Mary

Bracket

William & Mary @ Elon

lib gets in this year

Pant8her
September 21st, 2009, 06:23 PM
No Way Northern Iowa gets in without winning the MVC.xnodx

GoGSU
September 21st, 2009, 07:31 PM
replace Elon with App State and Woffy gets the at large....Elon will choke and not even make the playoffs............xnodx

WrenFGun
September 21st, 2009, 09:21 PM
I'll say this loud and clear. If you get to 8 wins with an FBS win, you are a stone-cold, mortal lock for the playoffs. All non-CAA fans should be rooting for UNH, W&M, Richmond and 'Nova to not reach 8 wins or those will be 4 spots, locked up. If UMass, UD or JMU get the At-large then you're probably looking at 5 or more teams in the playoffs. There is not another team eligible that has a better shot than those 4 with 8 wins.

R.A.
September 21st, 2009, 09:29 PM
I'll say this loud and clear. If you get to 8 wins with an FBS win, you are a stone-cold, mortal lock for the playoffs.

Does this apply for MEAC schools as well?

seattlespider
September 21st, 2009, 09:35 PM
TexasTerror, just wanted to say kudos on starting these threads. They are very entertaining and fun to participate in. xthumbsupx

DSUrocks07
September 21st, 2009, 09:46 PM

Good question. xwhistlex

FAMU @ Miami
SC State @ South Carolina

RabidRabbit
September 21st, 2009, 09:55 PM

It would be likely. However, if the FBS team you beat is in the bottom 10 poll, and you have no OOC quality wins, may still get passed over. This would be true of Great West, NEC, OVC leagues also.

Patriot League, you're a non-counter to FBS teams because of the no schollie? xconfusedxxconfusedx National Enquirer readerxrolleyesxxrolleyesx wants to know. xnodx

CAAisBOSS
September 22nd, 2009, 12:42 AM
Good question. xwhistlex

FAMU @ Miami
SC State @ South Carolina

Dont think we have to worry about these upsets...xwhistlex

Dukie95
September 22nd, 2009, 07:20 AM

Yes

But of course, a MEAC team that manages to beat a FBS team is also probably going to win the regular season anyway.

If that same team should then lose a couple games within the conference and fail to win the MEAC, that's a strong MEAC and would deserve that at-large bid anyway.

WrenFGun
September 22nd, 2009, 09:22 AM

IMO, yes. If a MEAC school beats an FBS school and gets to 8 wins they're in, though I'd have them below the CAA schools on the rung considering quality of opponents overall.

KiddBrewer
September 22nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
replace Elon with App State and Woffy gets the at large....Elon will choke and not even make the playoffs............xnodx

agreed.

JMU_71
September 22nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
No JMU? hmmm.......

UMass has to play Richmond and JMU.
UNH has to play Nova and William & Mary.

THat's what I was thinking. We've established ourselves as a playoff caliber team year in and year out and your the first to even mention us. Although, I do think we are one of the best 16 teams in the country, the CAA South and the trip to Amherst could keep us from showing that in the playoffs.

Buzzcut
September 23rd, 2009, 10:49 AM
No way Eastern Illinois gets the auto-bid for the OVC. IMO even an at large bid is a real stretch.

joecooll6
September 23rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
I feel like FBS wins are overrated. I mean, instead of lumping them all together you really have to consider who you're playing. I'm not particularly impressed with wins over teams like Temple, Ball State, Duke and Virginia (who are, by the way, 1-10 combined right now). This especially goes for Ball State, who has been absolutely terrible this year. I'm not conviced UNH is that good, but I guess they will get their chance to prove their worth this year multiple times in the CAA.