PDA

View Full Version : UNI at Missouri State

MSUBear42
September 20th, 2009, 05:52 PM
MVFC kickoff for both teams. Both teams are 2-1.

In the end, I feel UNI is just too freaking good for MSU, but stranger things have happened.

What: UNI @ MSU
Where: Missouri State's Plaster Sports Complex
When: 9.26, 1:00 PM
TV: Fox Sports Midwest

ValleyChamp
September 20th, 2009, 06:00 PM
You guys expecting a big crowd?

MSUBear42
September 20th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Who knows, our first two have been embarrassing.

DOME
September 20th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I was kicking around the idea of driving five hours from Wichita to watch the game...but if its on FSMidwest heck I can watch from my recliner!

DOME
September 20th, 2009, 06:20 PM
But on the game, I think we have to many options on Ofense for the bears to stop...IF Farley gets/keeps the players hungry! Looking for a good open to MVC Play!!!

MSUBear42
September 20th, 2009, 07:10 PM
But on the game, I think we have to many options on Ofense for the bears to stop...IF Farley gets/keeps the players hungry! Looking for a good open to MVC Play!!!

Couldn't agree more...

The Bears run defense has been amazing this year, but our secondary has been average.

ValleyChamp
September 20th, 2009, 07:29 PM
If UNI plays to their potential, the Panthers win big. If we play sloppy, we could allow a fired up MSU team to make it close.

We already have some key injuries with Wes Lane on the DL and Austin Howard on the OL both questionable for the game.

CDT_Wilson
September 20th, 2009, 07:33 PM
If UNI plays like they did against St Francis it might be close. I doubt they will be that flat for a MVFC game though.

joecooll6
September 20th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Just hope the players aren't getting too full of themselves like we fans are.

Chi Panther
September 20th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Looks like Fox MW is tape delayed.....:(

MSUBear42
September 20th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Looks like Fox MW is tape delayed.....:(

The MVFC has got to have the worst TV package out there. It's horrendous and pathetic. Just a few years ago they would ALWAYS be live on FS Midwest.

UNI Pike
September 21st, 2009, 11:23 PM
Is there a local MO broadcast that may be picked up on channelsurfing.net?

PantherRob82
September 21st, 2009, 11:37 PM
Who knows, our first two have been embarrassing.

It was pretty low when I visited in 06.

BearsCountry
September 22nd, 2009, 12:09 AM
Its on at 1am. Freaking national contracts on FSN with the Big 12 and PAC-10 cause us to get the late night treatment.

UNIFanSince1983
September 22nd, 2009, 08:10 AM
For those of you in Cedar Falls it will be on channel 15 live.

http://www.cfu.net/football.php

nmatsen
September 22nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
did I read somwhere that it will be live on Directv 666-1 (Comcast Chicago Plus)

bberilam
September 22nd, 2009, 09:36 AM
The crowd at Missouri State should be quite a bit larger than the first two games... not getting our hopes up though, we've had too many let-down games over the last decade for anyone to get too excited.

I also predict UNI will be too much for us, but I think we have about a 15% chance of winning.

UNI 32
MSU 21

DOME
September 22nd, 2009, 12:31 PM
It does kinda suck being a Panther fan outside of CF let alone outside of Iowa!

Here I was looking forward to watching the game, guess I'm back to kicking around the idea for a drive...anyone else in?

UNI Pike
September 22nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
DOME - possibly on Dish on the regional sports channels alternative channels. Not confirmed, but that is where many of the FSN / CSN games end up (non-publicized for some reason)

PantherRob82
September 22nd, 2009, 12:49 PM
It does kinda suck being a Panther fan outside of CF let alone outside of Iowa!

Here I was looking forward to watching the game, guess I'm back to kicking around the idea for a drive...anyone else in?

I thought about driving, but I'm in Milwaukee until Friday.

Khan4Cats
September 22nd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Last year, we punched them in the mouth early and they folded.

A big difference this year, in addition to being at the Bears, is that it is early in the season and they have confidence. A win here and their season takes off. Head to YSU even more confident before coming home to face a Jackrabbit team that will be coming back from Cal-Poly and playing their third straight road game.

The danger for UNI is that they play this game remembering last year's cakewalk. I don't think it will happen after last week's lackluster performance. (and yes, I think a 30-0 shut-out win while giving up 150 yards of offense was lackluster).

Farley will have the guys ready for "Bear Week"

ValleyChamp
September 22nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
You guys get paved roads down there yet?

txstatebobcat
September 22nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Good to know the game is on TV. I'll go ahead and set my DVR to record it.

MSUBear42
September 22nd, 2009, 06:28 PM

I think you have us confused with SIU.

MSUBear42
September 22nd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Television: Today’s game will be shown nationally on FOX College Sports (FCS) and locally on Mediacom Connections
(Channel 22). The game will also be shown on FOX Sports Midwest on a tape-delayed basis at 1 a.m (Central). Scott
Warman will handle play-by-play duties, while Danan Hughes will provide color commentary.

JayJ79
September 22nd, 2009, 06:35 PM
For those of you in Cedar Falls it will be on channel 15 live.

http://www.cfu.net/football.php

also on KWWL's subchannel 7.3

da_bears
September 22nd, 2009, 11:46 PM

worst attempt at smack talk ever.

PantherRob82
September 22nd, 2009, 11:49 PM
I think you have us confused with SIU.

Agreed. I enjoy Springfield.

MSUfan2010
September 22nd, 2009, 11:56 PM
I'll call a repeat of 2005 and this game will start our roll to the playoffs. Or, at least one can hope. If combined score is under 60, we win. If more than that, we lose.

Bears- 27
Cats- 21

We beat a UNI team that lost to App State in the NC in '05. This Cats team probably isn't as good and this Bears team is 5 times better. Should be a great game. But have to get the game started off the right way and not give up a big play early.

CDT_Wilson
September 23rd, 2009, 08:58 AM
I'll call a repeat of 2005 and this game will start our roll to the playoffs. Or, at least one can hope. If combined score is under 60, we win. If more than that, we lose.

Bears- 27
Cats- 21

We beat a UNI team that lost to App State in the NC in '05. This Cats team probably isn't as good and this Bears team is 5 times better. Should be a great game. But have to get the game started off the right way and not give up a big play early.

This UNI team is pretty good. The secondary is one of the better I have seen at UNI in a while and Ruffin is a beast. Most teams have ran to the opposite side of him this year. Grace runs the offense very well same or sometimes better then his predesesrer. After seeing Davis play the last two games really starting to think it is the QB coach that knows how to develop talent.

UNIFanSince1983
September 23rd, 2009, 09:35 AM

Bears- 27
Cats- 21

There is a few problems with this. First I think we have a better chance in a low scoring game. In case you haven't noticed the most points we have given up all season is 17 to a pretty good BCS Iowa team. If you think you guys can score more than them I think you may be sorely mistaken as this is one of the best if not the best defensive teams we have had in a LONG time and that includes 2005.

Second you beat us in 05 without our Walter Payton canidate quarterback. Two weeks later we got beat 38-3 by Illinois State.

While I do agree Missouri State is improved. It is tough to say that because you guys are better than 05 and we are worse (which I am not convinced is true) that you will win. Just remember last year, are you guys 42 points better this year than last? And you would need to be more because we are better than we were last year!

UNI 33
MSU 10

Native
September 23rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
According to the latest Sagarin predictor ratings, available at USATODAY, the Panthers should be favored by more than four touchdowns:

Northern Iowa 81.07
Missouri State 49.30
Homefield advantage 2.91

81.07 - 49.30 - 2.91 = 28.86

For comparison purposes, Weber was favored by 8 points last week against Idaho State.

joecooll6
September 23rd, 2009, 10:41 AM
There is a few problems with this. First I think we have a better chance in a low scoring game. In case you haven't noticed the most points we have given up all season is 17 to a pretty good BCS Iowa team. If you think you guys can score more than them I think you may be sorely mistaken as this is one of the best if not the best defensive teams we have had in a LONG time and that includes 2005.

Second you beat us in 05 without our Walter Payton canidate quarterback. Two weeks later we got beat 38-3 by Illinois State.
While I do agree Missouri State is improved. It is tough to say that because you guys are better than 05 and we are worse (which I am not convinced is true) that you will win. Just remember last year, are you guys 42 points better this year than last? And you would need to be more because we are better than we were last year!

UNI 33
MSU 10

Sanders got hurt during the game, so he did play in it. I dont remember how much he played though. And I'm pretty sure he wasnt a Walter Payton candidate in 05, that was two years later.

That being said, I totally agree with you on the low scoring part. I think MSU wants a high scoring game. Our d is pretty stingy, it was our offense that showed signs of weakness last week.

nmatsen
September 23rd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Can we get a confirmation on live showing channels?

Fox College Sports? Live?
Comcast Chicago Plus? Live?

pantheralum16
September 23rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
1:00 PM FCSP 174 Saturday, September 26

ADVERTISEMENT

College Football:Northern Iowa at Missouri State
Northern Iowa at Missouri State
210 mins.

Northern Iowa at Missouri State.

http://partnergrid.tvguide.com/PartnerGrid/Grids/closerlook.aspx?Qr=12613152&DT=9/26/2009 13:00:00 PM&cl=FCSP 174

I found this for the Des Moines area

UNI Pike
September 23rd, 2009, 12:42 PM
IS the switch to a 3-4 defense for MSU promted by a new defensive coordinator, or changing to meet the personnel that MSU has available?

MSUBear42
September 23rd, 2009, 01:46 PM
Changed because of how bad we sucked last year and it's good for our personnel.

BearsCountry
September 23rd, 2009, 02:39 PM

Iowa people trying to talk smack on Missouri xlolx

MSUfan2010
September 23rd, 2009, 03:39 PM

So how would a high scoring game help us? We aren't going to put up 40+ points on you. So we have to keep the score low to have any chance.

Thumper 76
September 23rd, 2009, 03:52 PM
There is a few problems with this. First I think we have a better chance in a low scoring game. In case you haven't noticed the most points we have given up all season is 17 to a pretty good BCS Iowa team. If you think you guys can score more than them I think you may be sorely mistaken

I don't know how solid of a statement that is to make. Thats like SDSU boasting that you can't score on us because we haven't let anyone past the 20. You have to look at who you played. Against Iowa I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that that was the most pumped for a game your guys will be for most of the season. And number two is that the other teams you guys dominated were in all honestly pretty weak teams. I think that UNI may come out a bit flat this game and not get into it until the 2nd or 3rd quarter, which I feel can give the Bears plenty of time to put up 17-20 pts for the whole game. Just cause you were stingy to a FBS team doesn't mean other teams can't score more than they did xnonox. While I feel UNI will win and has a great team, I think their fans are a bit high on their team right now cause of the Iowa game yet, and haven't really done much besides beat up the teams they should have since. This is their first mild test for the season. just my xtwocentsx

UNIFanSince1983
September 23rd, 2009, 04:21 PM
If they didn't come out flat against USD or against St. Francis I have a tough time imagining they are going to come out flat in the first MVFC game against a rival such as Missouri State.

I was stating a fact that we only gave up 17 to an Iowa team that put up 35 and 27 against Iowa State and Arizona respectively. I understand it means nothing how we did against them especially since we lost. I am high on our team because of the talent we have, and the way they have played, not how they did against who we have played. I know there are plenty of UNI fans that have come on here claiming the National Championship already. I was not one of them. I am actually one of them who was trying to temper peoples enthusiasm after the 59 point win against what was a very bad defensive South Dakota team.

Our offense struggled against the 3-4 of St Francis so it is possible we struggle against a 3-4 or a team that should be higher quality. I just think our defense is too good to let this game be close.

Big Al
September 23rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
Honestly, I think the only reason we struggled against St. Francis is because Farley didn't really open up the playbook. Now that it's conference play, however, all bets are off.

Chi Panther
September 23rd, 2009, 07:07 PM
I don't know how solid of a statement that is to make. Thats like SDSU boasting that you can't score on us because we haven't let anyone past the 20. You have to look at who you played. Against Iowa I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that that was the most pumped for a game your guys will be for most of the season. And number two is that the other teams you guys dominated were in all honestly pretty weak teams. I think that UNI may come out a bit flat this game and not get into it until the 2nd or 3rd quarter, which I feel can give the Bears plenty of time to put up 17-20 pts for the whole game. Just cause you were stingy to a FBS team doesn't mean other teams can't score more than they did xnonox. While I feel UNI will win and has a great team, I think their fans are a bit high on their team right now cause of the Iowa game yet, and haven't really done much besides beat up the teams they should have since. This is their first mild test for the season. just my xtwocentsx

Our defense gave up just over 12 points a game last year in conf play. I think our defense is better this year.xnodx

unipanthers8907
September 23rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
We also have to remember that the Bears can pretty much guarantee themselves a touchdown if they run that stupid flea-flicker that has burned us recently xoopsx

Pant8her
September 23rd, 2009, 08:19 PM
While am a Panther fan, I do beleive that many UNI fans are too high on themselves.
We need to temper your emotions and maintain the positive enthusiasm.xthumbsupx
Dont hate, just appreciate!xnodx

ValleyChamp
September 23rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
Who cares if UNI fans are boasting about our team? We do have a good team, and we should be excited about it. Quit acting like a bunch of pussies. If some UNI fans think we will win the national title, good. I'm glad we have high expectations.

Some of you people sound like jealous little kids.

UNIFanSince1983
September 23rd, 2009, 08:52 PM
What have we done so far this year that we should really be thinking we are going to win a national championship already? Did we beat App State, Richmond, Delaware, Montana or any other great team yet this year?

We have beat a poor USD team, an improved St. Francis team (but hard not to be improved when you haven't won a game since 2007), and we lost to a BCS team. While I agree I think we are very good, but I think we need to wait until we beat someone of significance we need to ease off on talk about beating everyone we play by 50 points.

I like high expectations, and I have high expectations. I have had reservations in Chatty the last two years. I just think it is unnecessary to talk a bunch of smack before we have done anything.

ValleyChamp
September 23rd, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hey, I'm not the one who made those claims. I'm not even sure who has, because I haven't seen anything like that. I don't even think we are a lock for the playoffs at this point, as doing those things is difficult to do. We have a long road ahead of us.

All I'm saying is, its ok for fans to have high expectations. I'm sick of people crying about how UNI fans are talking up their team. Big deal.

Pant8her
September 23rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
Hey, I'm not the one who made those claims. I'm not even sure who has, because I haven't seen anything like that. I don't even think we are a lock for the playoffs at this point, as doing those things is difficult to do. We have a long road ahead of us.

All I'm saying is, its ok for fans to have high expectations. I'm sick of people crying about how UNI fans are talking up their team. Big deal.

Hey, Valley dude.
I think alot of us might be on the same page as far as hopes for the team.
But I only think we fans should have a bit of humilty until UNI can prove more.
One game at a time...
"That's all I am gonna say about that."

Just appreciate good games and don't hate other teams

JayJ79
September 23rd, 2009, 11:15 PM
(but hard not to be improved when you haven't won a game since 2007)

Yet somehow Indiana State manages to keep pulling it off.

Okay, okay. So they've improved. But still have trouble with consistency.

Khan4Cats
September 24th, 2009, 08:16 AM
And at the same time we here about how much more improved MSU is after getting blasted by their FBS foe and beating a pair of OVC teams, only one of which is marginally good.

So what do we go on? Last year UNI held the Bears under 100 yards of total offense and shut them out. Have they improved that much? At the same time UNI put up over 500 yards of offense and 42 points.

What most UNI fans are saying is that tis years' team is better than last year. The only 'down' game we had was against St. Francis and all that was was a 30-0 shut-out in which we gave up less than 150 yards of offense while playing "flat". Yes, St. Francis is/was/should be a cupcake. Same with South Dakota, but aside from a flea-flicker TD, USD was unable to do anything against us and yet that 'weak' team has put up over 50 points in each of their other games. Their competition was not that great, but it shows they at least have a potent offense that we pretty much shut down except for a gimmick.

I'm sure TA will pull out all the stops in this one. I expect a semi-close game in the first half. But I also don't see any reason why UNI will be looking past this game (next week is Indiana State). I just don't think MSU has improved that much from last year.

nmatsen
September 24th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Hey, Valley dude.
I think alot of us might be on the same page as far as hopes for the team.
But I only think we fans should have a bit of humilty until UNI can prove more.
One game at a time...
"That's all I am gonna say about that."

Just appreciate good games and don't hate other teams

We have proven more. We are in a position to be arrogant, cocky, rude, dickheadish. We own this conference and have since its inception. No one else even comes close. If we can't act like pompous a$$es on a site when people are talking about perrennial powers vs cellar dwellars where can we?

ValleyChamp
September 24th, 2009, 12:16 PM
We have proven more. We are in a position to be arrogant, cocky, rude, dickheadish. We own this conference and have since its inception. No one else even comes close. If we can't act like pompous a$$es on a site when people are talking about perrennial powers vs cellar dwellars where can we?

Exaclty. If you other schools don't like it, tough.xcoffeex

As for the game, I think that the bears will come out very emotional and probably play a close first half, but I think UNI has too much talent and will pull away in the second half, and will win by at least two TDs.

CDT_Wilson
September 24th, 2009, 01:00 PM
At UNI anything other then a National title is a disappointment, just like last year and just like the year before that. We play to win. The great thing about FCS football is the spread doesn't matter because votes don't matter. We could be unranked all year and still be national champions. Weather you win by a lot or a little, a win is a win. We are just saying what we think the score could be. Running up the score is just a message to anyone who cares.

turfdoc
September 24th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Iowa people trying to talk smack on Missouri xlolx

Reminds me of my favorite joke:

They should give the southern third of Iowa to Missouri, it would raise the IQ of both states.

Had to quit telling it though, got tired of explaining it to people from Arkansas, and Newfies
xlolx

PantherRob82
September 24th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Reminds me of my favorite joke:

They should give the southern third of Iowa to Missouri, it would raise the IQ of both states.

Had to quit telling it though, got tired of explaining it to people from Arkansas, and Newfies
xlolx

I was in Ottumwa this summer...the southern third of Iowa should be Missouri.

Pirateye
September 24th, 2009, 04:38 PM
At UNI anything but a National title is a disappointment, and take your damn hat off during the National Anthem!

MSUBear42
September 24th, 2009, 04:57 PM
At UNI anything but a National title is a disappointment, and take your damn hat off during the National Anthem!
1) You guys must be disappointed a lot xsmiley_wixxlolx
2) What???

PantherRob82
September 24th, 2009, 05:08 PM
1) You guys must be disappointed a lot xsmiley_wixxlolx
2) What???

1. Absolutely. But you know how that feels. ;)
2. See Panther Nation.

da_bears
September 24th, 2009, 05:08 PM

Wow, I now have a reason for wanting you guys to lose rather than thinking it would be nice if our conference mates win the championship, Douchbag. Its called sportsmanship but I guess you must have idols like Kanye West and T.O.

We know what the outcome will probably be but we feel improved and we hope its a good game.

da_bears
September 24th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I also noticed Arkansas scored 41 on Georgia and 48 on MSU. So that means MSU's Defense is only 1 touchdown worse than the Georgia Bulldogs :D

MSUBear42
September 24th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Bears are roughly 3000 seats away from having a sell out (their first in like 18 years). That doesn't include student seats

Thumper 76
September 24th, 2009, 08:51 PM

Boy and everyone says NDSU fans are terrible xrolleyesx. Just put some of yourselves well ahead of them in that regard, congrats xthumbsupx

igo4uni
September 24th, 2009, 09:24 PM
I was in Ottumwa this summer...the southern third of Iowa should be Missouri.

Isn't that the truth?? It's bad once you get south of I-80.

igo4uni
September 24th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Yet somehow Indiana State manages to keep pulling it off.

Okay, okay. So they've improved. But still have trouble with consistency.

I didn't realize Indiana State still had a football team!:D:D:D:D

PantherRob82
September 24th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Looking forward to the game. Wish I could make it. Enjoyed 2007's game. I think this game will be similar. Real close first half with UNI pulling away. Last year in the Dome suprised me.

Pant8her
September 24th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Wow, I now have a reason for wanting you guys to lose rather than thinking it would be nice if our conference mates win the championship, Douchbag. Its called sportsmanship but I guess you must have idols like Kanye West and T.O.

We know what the outcome will probably be but we feel improved and we hope its a good game.

FWIW, not all UNI fans are as cocky as some are IMHO. Yes, I believe in sportsmanship and not in your face attitude.

Although from what I have seen UNI has a good team.

I think UNI will get surprised early (probably a flea flicker) which might wake them out of their slumber. I also believe that TA will have his team ready and psyched for this game.

I look for an interesting match
UNI 28
MSU 20

Peacexpeacex

UNI Pike
September 25th, 2009, 01:04 AM
I would hate to be a UNI DB with a blown flea-flicker coverage at this point - I think I would just keep running...

Big Al
September 25th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Boy and everyone says NDSU fans are terrible xrolleyesx. Just put some of yourselves well ahead of them in that regard, congrats xthumbsupx

Well, we're well ahead of them in conference wins...

To be fair, while nmatsen's post is over the top and it is early in the season, I think this year is shaping up to be another have/have not MVFC season. I think UNI, SIU & SDSU will end the year in the "have" column, one or 2 others may work themselves into the have column (YSU, WIU, NDSU - although I think less likely for the Bison than I thought even a week ago) and MSU, IlSU & InSU pulling up the rear.

nmatsen
September 25th, 2009, 09:00 AM
The difference between NDSU fans and UNI fans when it comes to talking smack on a DI FCS Message board is that we can back up our talk with trophies, titles, all americans, not just talks of D-II glory days.

No one may like my comments about UNI but the fact of the matter is that they are true. Maybe that is what has everyone so riled up?

CDT_Wilson
September 25th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I would hate to be a UNI DB with a blown flea-flicker coverage at this point - I think I would just keep running...

The sad part is UNIs DBs are young but they are redshirts which means they watched last year when those nasty CAA flea flickers happened and then they got stuck against SDU first play game. I suppose it is better to get beat because you are being aggressive on the run stop then to just flat out get burned.

UNIFanSince1983
September 25th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I think you should point out that none of those titles are National Titles, and none of the trophies say National Champions, but other than that I agree we have proven so much more in FCS. NDSU came in with some sort of sense of entitlement that is completely undeserved. When they win a real conference or even make some noise in the playoffs then I might start listening.

Back to the game. I have a tough time believing MSU will put up 20 points on us. I just think the defense is too good. I think the 3-4 may cause problems for the offense early, but we will pull away with our superior depth and talent. As I have said before look for this to be a 34-10 victory for UNI. Not saying in won't or can't be close, but I just don't see it happening.

unigriff
September 25th, 2009, 10:13 AM
I think you should point out that none of those titles are National Titles, and none of the trophies say National Champions, but other than that I agree we have proven so much more in FCS. NDSU came in with some sort of sense of entitlement that is completely undeserved. When they win a real conference or even make some noise in the playoffs then I might start listening.

Back to the game. I have a tough time believing MSU will put up 20 points on us. I just think the defense is too good. I think the 3-4 may cause problems for the offense early, but we will pull away with our superior depth and talent. As I have said before look for this to be a 34-10 victory for UNI. Not saying in won't or can't be close, but I just don't see it happening.

I agree. 38-13.

PantherRob82
September 25th, 2009, 11:02 AM
The sad part is UNIs DBs are young but they are redshirts which means they watched last year when those nasty CAA flea flickers happened and then they got stuck against SDU first play game. I suppose it is better to get beat because you are being aggressive on the run stop then to just flat out get burned.

Not all of them are redshirts. #4 Varmah Sonie is a true...not sure on any others.

ValleyChamp
September 25th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Sonie and Swain are true frosh. McBride and Martin are redshirts.

joecooll6
September 25th, 2009, 11:41 AM

I've always thought our fanbase was classier than average, and gracious in victory and defeat but this year that is definately not the case. Part of me likes the swagger we've developed, but part of me cringes when I see things like this. You can act like a pompus a$$ anytime you want, but it just isnt sportsmanlike or classy. Its not like we are better human beings simply because our football team is better.

TCisMYhero
September 25th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I think it's funny that people are basing opinions of a school off of a message board where most of us go to waste time. Dip*****s.

TCisMYhero
September 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM
And for the record, I am better than them because my team is better than theirs. I don't root for a loserxlolxxwhistlex.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 25th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I've always thought our fanbase was classier than average, and gracious in victory and defeat but this year that is definately not the case. Part of me likes the swagger we've developed, but part of me cringes when I see things like this. You can act like a pompus a$$ anytime you want, but it just isnt sportsmanlike or classy. Its not like we are better human beings simply because our football team is better.

Like every fan base in the nation you've got you share of dicks.

I had a great time meeting many UNI fans in my trips out there, but also heard of fans who did not have such a great time. Sadly the bad seems to be remembered/reported far more then the good.

That's why I try to welcome/greet all visiting fans when I'm in Durham

JayJ79
September 25th, 2009, 12:22 PM

unfortunately, my suggestion doesn't seem to have caught on yet either.

JayJ79
September 25th, 2009, 12:26 PM
The difference between NDSU fans and UNI fans when it comes to talking smack on a DI FCS Message board is that we can back up our talk with trophies, titles, all americans, not just talks of D-II glory days.

No one may like my comments about UNI but the fact of the matter is that they are true. Maybe that is what has everyone so riled up?

okay, so maybe a more accurate comparison would not be with the annoying NDSU fans. It would be with the annoying CAA fans.

BearsCountry
September 25th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I have never had bad experience with UNI fans when they have came to Springfield but in St. Louis it was a different story, outside of the trash that is Wichita State I have never been treated as bad by fans as UNI. It was after the 06 game that knocked us out of the NCAA tournament running, I was cursed at and flipped off after the game by more than one group of fans is the sad thing. And I am not loud or rowdy at games at all, felt pretty bad bc I never had a bad experience at all with any UNI fans until that night.

ValleyChamp
September 25th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Everyone hates UNI now....:( xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

xcoffeex

WrenFGun
September 25th, 2009, 01:20 PM
I just don't really like UNI, so that probably impacts my input, so take it for what it's worth..

When UNI came down in 2005, the players behavior was understandably raucous when they beat us, so I don't really hold it against them, though I'll tell you some of the things they said to the fans on the way out was pretty inappropriate. Again, nothing really terrible there.

Going into the game last year and the year before that was fairly unbearable, particularly Santos' last year. All I remember was that there is "no way" that UNH Scores 20 points because UNI hadn't allowed it to any teams that year. We had over 20 by halftime.

Getting over the fact that by every statistical measure the CAA is better than the MVFC, the inability to consider this as a possibility is mind-blowing. I remember some moron before the SIU game suggesting SDSU would romp UNH and then UNH went out and beat SIU, a better team. There's a certain measure of cockiness without results stemming from this entire conference that I find annoying, though I'd feel the same way about the CAA if I weren't a fan of a CAA team. Of course, having the stats back it up is always a helpful way to feel that way...

GAPantherFan
September 25th, 2009, 01:47 PM
We are talking UNI-Mizzou State and a NH fan wants to talk about our players supposed unclassy behavior in 2005. Any UNI fan that was at that game will tell you about the "Purple Fa**ots (hint, it rhymes with maggots) chant, nasty signs etc, etc. By most accounts some of the NH fans acted as disgusting as anyone had ever seen. Not to mention David Ball's infamous comment to the camera "That guy is a ******** all-american defensive back?". Should we continue this discussion?

UNI 35
Mizzou St 10

ValleyChamp
September 25th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I just don't really like UNI, so that probably impacts my input, so take it for what it's worth..

When UNI came down in 2005, the players behavior was understandably raucous when they beat us, so I don't really hold it against them, though I'll tell you some of the things they said to the fans on the way out was pretty inappropriate. Again, nothing really terrible there.

Going into the game last year and the year before that was fairly unbearable, particularly Santos' last year. All I remember was that there is "no way" that UNH Scores 20 points because UNI hadn't allowed it to any teams that year. We had over 20 by halftime.

Getting over the fact that by every statistical measure the CAA is better than the MVFC, the inability to consider this as a possibility is mind-blowing. I remember some moron before the SIU game suggesting SDSU would romp UNH and then UNH went out and beat SIU, a better team. There's a certain measure of cockiness without results stemming from this entire conference that I find annoying, though I'd feel the same way about the CAA if I weren't a fan of a CAA team. Of course, having the stats back it up is always a helpful way to feel that way...

Well we can add you to the crybaby list also.xbawlingx

Also, LOL at a CAA fan getting upset about some MVFC fans talking up their teams. God forbid...

WrenFGun
September 25th, 2009, 02:02 PM
...I've got no problem with a MVFC talking up their teams..I'd do it too..hell, I even moved UNI ahead of 'Nova last week..

Not condoning UNH's actions, either, though I wasn't aware of the David Ball comment. The fact of the matter is that almost all fanbases do this and your fans are no exception. I was just chiming in on what York county said, and why that perception exists, basically.

You have a bigger bullseye as a constant winner..

Khan4Cats
September 25th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Yawn, this debate about UNI fans is boring,

We have a good team. We expect to win. If anyone thinks making comparisons between the Center for St. Francis and the Quarterback from UNI is being disrespectful, so be it. It was accurate.

I fully respect most of our competition. I'll crack jokes about many of them, but that's natural. Just about anyone in the MVFC could rise up and upset UNI. And yes, most of the time it would be an upset. SIU winning in Carbondale last year-no. If SDSU wins at home over UNI this year, maybe not also. But given the way the teams have played so far and the last couple of years, an MSU win over UNI would be a big upset. Same thing for NDSU over UNI, and the rest of the slate of MVFC games this year except the aforementioned SDSU game. Doesn't mean that it can't or won't happen, it's just that it would not be expected, hence the "upset".

Whatever, fans of other schools want to get worked up, nothing we can do about it. UNI has done pretty much everything at the FCS level except win a National Title or have Payton winner. I guess there has to be something to say. Of course, once we finally do win a National Title (and it will happen), then I'm sure we'll still hear from the Montana and ASU fans that it is 'only' one (as well as all of the NDSU fans chiming in about their D-II titles).

joecooll6
September 25th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I have never had bad experience with UNI fans when they have came to Springfield but in St. Louis it was a different story, outside of the trash that is Wichita State I have never been treated as bad by fans as UNI. It was after the 06 game that knocked us out of the NCAA tournament running, I was cursed at and flipped off after the game by more than one group of fans is the sad thing. And I am not loud or rowdy at games at all, felt pretty bad bc I never had a bad experience at all with any UNI fans until that night.

Thats unfortunate. I think the MVC tourney is usually a melting pot and most fanbases get along together pretty well. I love meeting fans from all over the place and I have even made friends with some Wichita people over the years. Overall, Wichita is pretty bad, but in my opinion Creighton is by far the worst of all the fanbases in St. Louis, WSU is a distant second.

unigriff
September 25th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Maybe Pantherrob can help me on this....Could the Cedar Valley Vikings take NDSU? :)

Big Al
September 25th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I maintain a little good-natured smack talk is good for the soul. We may not love UNH but that's partially because you always play us so ******ing tough!

The CAA is a more balanced conference than the MVFC but the top of the MVFC is every bit as good as the top of the CAA. If UNI makes a run at the title like I expect and hope them to do, there's no question we'll have to run it through the CAA. If it means taking down a Delaware team in the process, well that would just be a bonus, wouldn't it?

Yawn, this debate about UNI fans is boring,

We have a good team. We expect to win. If anyone thinks making comparisons between the Center for St. Francis and the Quarterback from UNI is being disrespectful, so be it. It was accurate.

I fully respect most of our competition. I'll crack jokes about many of them, but that's natural. Just about anyone in the MVFC could rise up and upset UNI. And yes, most of the time it would be an upset. SIU winning in Carbondale last year-no. If SDSU wins at home over UNI this year, maybe not also. But given the way the teams have played so far and the last couple of years, an MSU win over UNI would be a big upset. Same thing for NDSU over UNI, and the rest of the slate of MVFC games this year except the aforementioned SDSU game. Doesn't mean that it can't or won't happen, it's just that it would not be expected, hence the "upset".

Whatever, fans of other schools want to get worked up, nothing we can do about it. UNI has done pretty much everything at the FCS level except win a National Title or have Payton winner. I guess there has to be something to say. Of course, once we finally do win a National Title (and it will happen), then I'm sure we'll still hear from the Montana and ASU fans that it is 'only' one (as well as all of the NDSU fans chiming in about their D-II titles).

newsbreaker
September 25th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Everyone hates UNI now....:( xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

xcoffeex

Poor babies. We'll just comfort ourselves with another trophy.

The rest of the league will be happy to know the UNI-Dome wall with all the Championships on it was repainted this off-season. Now we have more room to add to it. And we will.

This is a message board. Take your "sportsmanship" and cry to your mommy about it. If the rest of the league wants respect, you'll have to pry it from our purple covered hands. Only SIU has accomplished this so far, and they get plenty of respect for doing so.

UNI played a very good Iowa team tougher than anyone else to date (and watch Iowa beat Penn State tomorrow night). After that, they've throttled the teams on their schedule...the most that they can be asked to do (and remember, the St. Franny game started with two lightning quick scores, which almost certainly played into the "flat" play the rest of the way). There is no reason for UNI fans to be anything other than thrilled with their squad right now.

The difference between UNI fans and NDSU fans is that UNI has won. A lot. NDSU has filled out paperwork so that they can put a little "D-I" near their name.

As far as UNH, we call them the bathmat around my house. You know, the thing we step on just before we take a huge dump. :D xnonono2x xbawlingx

Thunderstruck84
September 25th, 2009, 04:04 PM
The rest of the league will be happy to know the UNI-Dome wall with all the Championships on it was repainted this off-season. Now we have more room to add to it. And we will.
I was wondering where the National Championships part of that wall was when I was there last year? Did they add that?

newsbreaker
September 25th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I was wondering where the National Championships part of that wall was when I was there last year? Did they add that?

This is like a small town virgin laughing at the Oscar Award Winning actor when he hasn't slept with his sexy co-star yet.

ValleyChamp
September 25th, 2009, 04:15 PM

Its better than what the Bison earn every season in D-I.
http://mamcreates.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/genesis-certificate.gif

Thunderstruck84
September 25th, 2009, 04:19 PM
This is like a small town virgin laughing at the Oscar Award runner-up actor when he hasn't slept with his sex co-star yet.
Corrected.

Hey at least you got there. xthumbsupx Congrats xsmileyclapx

Its better than what the Bison earn every season in D-I.

We get those? Awesome! They should start putting those on the wall in the Fargodome!

DOME
September 25th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I just hope the valley can pull out a couple wins tomorrow...

newsbreaker
September 25th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Corrected.

Hey at least you got there. xthumbsupx Congrats xsmileyclapx

We get those? Awesome! They should start putting those on the wall in the Fargodome!

They'll look appropriate next to all the memories of D-II glory.

JayJ79
September 25th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I just hope the valley can pull out a couple wins tomorrow...

I predict 4 wins for the valley.
(and 4 losses)

da_bears
September 25th, 2009, 04:36 PM
We are talking UNI-Mizzou State and a NH fan wants to talk about our players supposed unclassy behavior in 2005. Any UNI fan that was at that game will tell you about the "Purple Fa**ots (hint, it rhymes with maggots) chant, nasty signs etc, etc. By most accounts some of the NH fans acted as disgusting as anyone had ever seen. Not to mention David Ball's infamous comment to the camera "That guy is a ******** all-american defensive back?". Should we continue this discussion?

UNI 35
Mizzou St 10

Who is Mizzou State? UNI is playing Missouri State this weekend.

ValleyChamp
September 25th, 2009, 05:59 PM
MSU, SMS, SWMS, SWOMO, Mizzou St....

You expect everyone to keep up with your name changes?

CDT_Wilson
September 25th, 2009, 08:07 PM

You want to talk about inappropriate behavior how about Richmond vandalizing the sign that has UNI's home record above the visitor tunnel entrance. Someone took a marker and added to the loss side. We can fix the sign just fine ourselves when we were adding the wins to the left side it isn't that tough to adjust the right side, by one.

I thought we have always been pretty hospitable to visiting fans, and teams for that matter. Of course there is some good natured ribbing, but isn't that expected?

As far as the cockiness all I have seen is UNI fans predicting a spread that isn't that far fetched given this years team and what they have done thus far. But as always we never know tell we play the games and that's why we play the games.

State Line Liquors
September 25th, 2009, 08:33 PM
You want to talk about inappropriate behavior how about Richmond vandalizing the sign that has UNI's home record above the visitor tunnel entrance. Someone took a marker and added to the loss side. We can fix the sign just fine ourselves when we were adding the wins to the left side it isn't that tough to adjust the right side, by one.

Same stuff, different year. xbawlingx

Wonder who will do the deed this year, bump you folks from the playoffs, and have everyone in Cedar Falls crying in their coffee about poor sportsmanship come Sunday morning.

MSUBear42
September 25th, 2009, 08:57 PM
MSU, SMS, SWMS, SWOMO, Mizzou St....

You expect everyone to keep up with your name changes?

All 1 of our name changes?

JayJ79
September 25th, 2009, 09:14 PM

I thought we have always been pretty hospitable to visiting fans, and teams for that matter. Of course there is some good natured ribbing, but isn't that expected?

As far as the cockiness all I have seen is UNI fans predicting a spread that isn't that far fetched given this years team and what they have done thus far. But as always we never know tell we play the games and that's why we play the games.

sounds like good natured ribbing on the part of Richmond to me. the sign was gonna have to be changed anyway

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 25th, 2009, 09:33 PM
sounds like good natured ribbing on the part of Richmond to me. the sign was gonna have to be changed anyway

Yeah, we may have just wanted to remind everyone that we had won. After all, UNI officials were handing out school travel information to Chattanooga with 4 minutes to play. xwhistlex

Chi Panther
September 25th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah, we may have just wanted to remind everyone that we had won. After all, UNI officials were handing out school travel information to Chattanooga with 4 minutes to play. xwhistlex

Congrats on the fantastic comeback.xthumbsupxxbowx You had only scored on a flee flicker all day...

UNIFanSince1983
September 25th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah I actually think we have changed names more than Missouri State has...

PantherRob82
September 25th, 2009, 10:56 PM

UNI 35
Mizzou St 10

This is true...UNH was a bad place to visit in 05. Glad we have the friends that we do now. xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
September 25th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Maybe Pantherrob can help me on this....Could the Cedar Valley Vikings take NDSU? :)

No xlolx

JayJ79
September 26th, 2009, 12:17 AM
No xlolx

They'd have a chance to, but it would be thwarted in part due to having to punt on 4th and goal after an attempted Johnny Gray reverse loses 20+ yards, plus a 15-yard unsportsmanlike from Rob tacked on :p

igo4uni
September 26th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Congrats on the fantastic comeback.xthumbsupxxbowx You had only scored on a flee flicker all day...

frickin' flea flicker.

Pantherpower
September 26th, 2009, 05:21 AM

Wonder who will do the deed this year, bump you folks from the playoffs, and have everyone in Cedar Falls crying in their coffee about poor sportsmanship come Sunday morning.

No more. UNI brings the national title home this year, and leaves no doubt in the process.

Bearvision
September 26th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I've read through the game thread, and while I've seen a few obnoxious Panther fans, for the most part they've been their normal classy selves. It makes it really hard for me to hate their program when they're like that...dang it. SIU and Wichita are easy to hate because their fans are generally not that way, but Panther fans have always been pretty good to talk with.

My young Bears are improving, and as usual, hope springs eternal at the beginning of the year. I think we need to be honest with ourselves and say that we really haven't done anything yet. This is a good chance for us to see what we have here this year, and to see if the 3-4 defense is going to improve things as much as many of us fans seem to believe. The biggest reason the Bears are seemingly much improved on defense this year is due to newcomers. Mizzou transfer Michael Keck has been much better than I expected, and is BCS quality at OLB. Antoine Wilkinson brings more speed than our LB sore has had in some time, and freshman Tevan Ferguson brings something sorely lacking on the DL- size. The defense is an extremely undersized version of the 3-4, but the scheme is trying to get more speed and athleticism on defense, and allow them to play in space as opposed to tying up blockers. Their quickness has given teams problems. The secondary is very average, and that is where the game will most likely be lost.

Bears aren't clicking on offense, and the speed threat RB is out for the game. I see a powerful UNI team wearing the Bears down, and winning 34-17.

Wish I could be there, I'm volunteering at the ANPAC Car Show for Kids today...

Gooooooo Bears! Prove me wrong!

unigriff
September 26th, 2009, 08:53 AM
No xlolx

but but you have Johnny, Chris Terrance and YOU....i mean you 4 alone are a tough team!

UNIFanSince1983
September 26th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Don't forget that they have Patrick Jackson too, twin brother of the Bills Fred Jackson!

Sorry but both lived down the hall from me at Coe :)

TCisMYhero
September 26th, 2009, 10:12 AM

....says the fan of the team who didn't even make the playoffsxrulesx.

CDT_Wilson
September 26th, 2009, 10:15 AM
did I read somwhere that it will be live on Directv 666-1 (Comcast Chicago Plus)

Not sure if it was already mentioned but I have the game set to record at 1pm on Directv channel 617.

unigriff
September 26th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I got the video feed through MSU for 6.95 :)

Nyghtewynd
September 26th, 2009, 01:17 PM
The video quality of the online feed is particularly terrible today. I have no idea why you suddenly can't follow the ball.

UNI's first possession ends with an INT, and MSU begins their first.

Nyghtewynd
September 26th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Bears and Panthers trade possession, and UNI is driving at the Bears' 20.

Nyghtewynd
September 26th, 2009, 01:32 PM
TD UNI, as they're starting to get the running game going. 7-0 Panthers midway through the first.

YellowBison
September 26th, 2009, 01:39 PM
maybe they should zoom out the camera a little bit so you can see something, UNI D looks good

Nyghtewynd
September 26th, 2009, 01:43 PM
They should...I have no idea why they're insisting on the EXTREME CLOSE-UP view as it hasn't been this way for any of the home games yet.

unigriff
September 26th, 2009, 01:49 PM
high school kids are doing the cameras

Nyghtewynd
September 26th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I subscribe to this service every year, and I'm turning this off. This is a colossal waste of time. You're on your own. There is no point in watching the game if they're not going to track the ball. If I were you and only bought the one game, I'd ask for a refund.

YellowBison
September 26th, 2009, 01:51 PM
yeah that pass interference is a bad call (would be nice if i could have saw it) I really have no clue if it was a good or bad call? this might be the worst camera work ive ever seen.

da_bears
September 26th, 2009, 01:57 PM
there was a terrible late hit on QB call in 1st quarter, his foot had not even steped out of bounds yet

unigriff
September 26th, 2009, 02:03 PM
PG for 11 yds TD UNI. 14-0 UNI 6 minutes left in the first half

Bronco
September 26th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Panther's QB is a load at 6'2" and 240....and he runs very well.
All senior O-Line.
looks like a very good team

MSUBear42
September 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM
at the game...good crowd and some t e r r i b l e calls

YellowBison
September 26th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Pat Grace is the best player in the MVFC, would be interesting to see what UNI does without him

Chi Panther
September 26th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Pat Grace is the best player in the MVFC, would be interesting to see what UNI does without him

nobody would score on us...

Chi Panther
September 26th, 2009, 02:31 PM
MSU has 42 yards offense in the first half. 20 came in the last minute...xrotatehx

CDT_Wilson
September 26th, 2009, 02:32 PM

I think Davis is going to be pretty good next season. UNI's QB coach has a good system and teaches it well.

ValleyChamp
September 26th, 2009, 02:41 PM

last year we didn't have him for 3 games and went 3-0.

Chi Panther
September 26th, 2009, 02:54 PM
msu minus 9 yards rushing in first half

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2009, 03:07 PM

Bears- 27
Cats- 21

oops

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2009, 03:13 PM

From TV, I would disagree.

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I think Davis is going to be pretty good next season. UNI's QB coach has a good system and teaches it well.

I dont know that it's forsure Davis' job. xthumbsupx

newsbreaker
September 26th, 2009, 03:23 PM
MSU = pwned

UNIFanSince1983
September 26th, 2009, 03:30 PM
It is looking like I underestimated our defense by predicting MSU would score 10...

Chi Panther
September 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I dont know that it's forsure Davis' job. xthumbsupx

IF this is true, i'd be shocked. Davis is a stud. Who would beat him out?

newsbreaker
September 26th, 2009, 03:32 PM
It is looking like I underestimated our defense by predicting MSU would score 10...

They might score on the 2nd string here in the final quarter.

UNIFanSince1983
September 26th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Well they will probably score now that Grace handed them the ball on the 25...

BearsCountry
September 26th, 2009, 03:34 PM
If you guys don't do your normal choke job in the playoffs, this is a national championship team. This is the best UNI team I have seen.

Nyghtewynd
September 26th, 2009, 03:42 PM
It looks like MSU's final home games will get outdrawn by the basketball team...again...

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2009, 03:48 PM
IF this is true, i'd be shocked. Davis is a stud. Who would beat him out?

Redshirt frosh from Schaumburg IL

da_bears
September 26th, 2009, 03:48 PM
It looks like MSU's final home games will get outdrawn by the basketball team...again...

who cares, we are a basketball school.

newsbreaker
September 26th, 2009, 03:50 PM
who cares, we are a basketball school.

If you're going to start defining as a school by the sports you're better than UNI at, you're going to be a three-man underwater competitive sudoku school before too long.

Nyghtewynd
September 26th, 2009, 03:52 PM
And there's the NIU class we all know and love. Let's hope it gets displayed in December. For once.

da_bears
September 26th, 2009, 03:53 PM
If you're going to start defining as a school by the sports you're better than UNI at, you're going to be a three-man underwater competitive sudoku school before too long.

We are better at baseball, oh wait.

Chi Panther
September 26th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Redshirt frosh from Schaumburg IL

I won't believe that until i see it. But glad the kid is playing that good.

Chi Panther
September 26th, 2009, 03:55 PM
xlolx
We are better at baseball, oh wait.xlolx
That was really funny

newsbreaker
September 26th, 2009, 04:00 PM
We are better at baseball, oh wait.

xlolx

We just quit when you guys are better than us. I wouldn't advise you to adopt a similar plan, unless you guys like having 9 months of nothing to do per year.

xsmiley_wix

BearsCountry
September 26th, 2009, 04:03 PM
There goes the shutout.

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Glad none of your starters got hurt. Who tries to score against a 2nd team D with less than a minute left?

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Especially since we were classy on our last drive and ran it over and over.

UNIFanSince1983
September 26th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Glad none of your starters got hurt. Who tries to score against a 2nd team D with less than a minute left?

Who wants to get shut out?

unigriff
September 26th, 2009, 04:05 PM
TA lost a lot of my respect in this game. Trying to score at the end of the half...eh...i can deal with it. But when the game is in doubt against the 2/3rd teamers...really?

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2009, 04:06 PM

Who wants to get hurt trying to avoid a shutout?

BearsCountry

That is what I was thinking as well.

Nyghtewynd
At least we didn't have to watch the NIU special teams try a field goal. We know how that ends.

ValleyChamp
TA lost a lot of my respect in this game. Trying to score at the end of the half...eh...i can deal with it. But when the game is in doubt against the 2/3rd teamers...really?

What? you're an idiot.

BearsCountry
September 26th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Oh well I figured we would get beat this week anyway. Next three weeks will show if we improved or not.

newsbreaker
September 26th, 2009, 04:11 PM
This was like an SIU fan trying to get laid. Of course he's going to wait until last call and then pick up the fattest stinker in the bar. It's the only way he can score!

Same goes for the MSU offense. They have to score on our trainers in the last 20 seconds...otherwise they might never do it at all!

Alright, well, yawn. Bring on the trees.

Bearvision
September 26th, 2009, 04:15 PM
This was like an SIU fan trying to get laid. Of course he's going to wait until last call and then pick up the fattest stinker in the bar. It's the only way he can score!

Same goes for the MSU offense. They have to score on our trainers in the last 20 seconds...otherwise they might never do it at all!

Alright, well, yawn. Bring on the trees.

Show some class my friend...

Bearvision
September 26th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Good win Panther fans...you have a great team (as usual).

It would be nice if one day we could get back to having a real rivalry again, with games where we actually aren't the nail to your hammer.

CDT_Wilson
September 26th, 2009, 04:17 PM
At least we didn't have to watch the NIU special teams try a field goal. We know how that ends.

I doubt MSU could get the same line push that Iowa had. I think UNI's kicker almost out scored MSU's team, and he was only going one point at a time.

joecooll6
September 26th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Thought this game would be closer. I am starting to really, really, really like this team. MSU is much improved.

Nyghtewynd
September 26th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I doubt MSU could get the same line push that Iowa had. I think UNI's kicker almost out scored MSU's team, and he was only going one point at a time.

That's okay. The bad dreams will go ahead eventually. Even Iowa fans are having a laugh about that game already. You'll get over it one day.

Nyghtewynd
September 26th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Thought this game would be closer. I am starting to really, really, really like this team. MSU is much improved.

There is nothing that you could have seen from MSU to make them "much improved".

newsbreaker
September 26th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Re-frigging-lax. If you can't handle a little good-natured smack talk, sports message boards might not be for you. A sense of humor is worth taking the time to develop.

Besides, to the winners go the spoils.

nmatsen
September 26th, 2009, 04:28 PM

Sorry, didn't know the class police were out. What is remotely wrong with what he said? Earlier in this thread it is actually an SMS fan that makes fun of and SIU fan and the point about trying to score, down 35-0, when the game is over (literally could have walked off the field) was somewhat classless. Oh well, we must have something to wine about in Cedar Falls. After all, everytime we are supposed to be in a game we end up winning by 4, 5, sometimes more touchdowns. See you at our next game against SIU in the dome, man, it will suck now having football to watch for the next 3 weeks.xbawlingx

CDT_Wilson
September 26th, 2009, 04:37 PM
That's okay. The bad dreams will go ahead eventually. Even Iowa fans are having a laugh about that game already. You'll get over it one day.

The Iowa fans weren't laughing for three quarters. Oh well we are still looking to a national title and all they can hope for is a big ten title/ rose bowl appearance and hope that USC is playing in the championship game.

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Good game by the Panthers. I was impressed by a few things in the Bears, but obviously didn't see much overall.

MSUBear42
September 26th, 2009, 04:44 PM
uni is damn good

TCisMYhero
September 26th, 2009, 05:52 PM
uni is damn good

Fact.

JayJ79
September 26th, 2009, 06:08 PM
And there's the NIU class we all know and love. Let's hope it gets displayed in December. For once.

dont' worry, newsie isn't liked by the UNI fans any more than he is by the non-UNI fans.

though I do have to admit laughing at that SIU fan joke.

JayJ79
September 26th, 2009, 06:08 PM
yeah that pass interference is a bad call (would be nice if i could have saw it) I really have no clue if it was a good or bad call? this might be the worst camera work ive ever seen.

defender got beat, grabbed onto the receiver to hold him back. Dunno if he necessarily would have caught it had he been unhindered, but he probably could have.

there was a terrible late hit on QB call in 1st quarter, his foot had not even steped out of bounds yet

perhaps. but they made up for it by calling a similarly borderline call on the UNI defense for hitting the MSU qb as he was angling towards the sideline.

looked pretty empty in the second half.

Khan4Cats
September 26th, 2009, 06:17 PM
uni is damn good

careful, it might sound like you are bragging us up.xwhistlex

Best of luck to the Bears the rest of the way. I do think they are improved, it is just that we are still at a different level. I think they should be able to beat the two ISUs, may have trouble with SIU and SDSU, how they do against YSU/WIU/NDSU will determine if they can get to .500 in league play. That would be an improvement, not quite to playoff level yet, but improvement.

joecooll6
September 26th, 2009, 06:20 PM

Your smack is not clever. You can do better. Come on!

Bearvision
Re-frigging-lax. If you can't handle a little good-natured smack talk, sports message boards might not be for you. A sense of humor is worth taking the time to develop.

Besides, to the winners go the spoils.

It's simple. You have a choice...be classy or not. Not much else to it...

Smack away. It can be fun...

joecooll6
There is nothing that you could have seen from MSU to make them "much improved".

They will be. Thier early results indicate it. Were a lot better than you still, but you could be a 6-5 or so team this year instead of well below .500.

Bearvision
September 26th, 2009, 06:22 PM
They will be. Thier early results indicate it. Were a lot better than you still, but you could be a 6-5 or so team this year instead of well below .500.

We're usually around a .500 team give or take a win. There is nothing from this game that showed any improvement as far as the higher level of competition goes.

The offense has regressed, while the defense has improved, making the net gain small.

MSUBear42
September 26th, 2009, 08:55 PM
looked pretty empty in the second half.

Jee I wonder why! Maybe because we were getting embarassed?

UNIFanSince1983
September 26th, 2009, 09:03 PM
We're usually around a .500 team give or take a win. There is nothing from this game that showed any improvement as far as the higher level of competition goes.

The offense has regressed, while the defense has improved, making the net gain small.

It is hard for an offense not to regress when you are playing with your 4th choice at running back.

MSUBear42
September 26th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Offensive Coaching: F---------
TERRIBLE play calls. I mean, TERRIBLE! Lets see, run up the middle left didn't work, maybe it will to the right, NO! Use some freaking imagination. UNI had gotten beat on the flea flicker twice this season, why didn't we try that? How about some trick plays or something? Terrible! Embarrassing! Then when we actually have a chance to score in the 4th (the first time) we throw a freaking 5 yard pass when we needed 7 yards. Then when we DID score we almost let the freaking game clock run out!

Defensive Coaching: B
Could have had better execution but we had a gameplan to keep our offense in the game if they had decided to show up (they didn't).

Offense: D-
Would have been an F if we hadn't scored. I heard it mumbled all around me "Why is Kirby still in the game?" and that's a good question, if you ask me... He folds under pressure and that is NOT what you want in a 3rd year QB. He just gets so nervous whenever that pocket is starting to fold. He also continues to make some very poor decisions on throwing the ball. I just don't get it. Would it hurt to give Horner a try? When he came in earlier this year he had some great accuracy throwing the ball.

Defense: B-
Like I said, we had the gameplan to keep our offense in the game. And our defense performed well considering how much they had to be on the field in the 1st half.

Special Teams: B-
Chiles had an out-of-this-world game punting the ball. The UNI kickoff coverage was great, we hardly got good field position all game long.

Crowd: A++++++
9th biggest in school history, enough said.

JCPanthers
September 26th, 2009, 09:49 PM
TA lost a lot of my respect in this game. Trying to score at the end of the half...eh...i can deal with it. But when the game is in doubt against the 2/3rd teamers...really?Griff...wtf are you talking about? That has to be the dumbest post in this thread. What coach throws in the towel and stops trying to score?

JayJ79
September 26th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Griff...wtf are you talking about? That has to be the dumbest post in this thread. What coach throws in the towel and stops trying to score?

UNI when we had the lead last year...... xwhistlex

JCPanthers
September 26th, 2009, 10:08 PM
UNI when we had the lead last year...... xwhistlexNot exactly....they didn't throw in the towel...but they did stop trying to score.

MSUBear42
September 26th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Seriously, UNI needs to be a unanimous #1.

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2009, 10:31 PM

There's some other good teams out there. Richmond, W&M, and Nova come to mind. It'll all work itself out. If we win out we will most likely be the 1 or 2 seed. That's a LOT of work to do though.

CDT_Wilson
September 26th, 2009, 10:59 PM

If you look at UNI's one loss it was the closest game Iowa has had all year. Including the Penn State game they just won. That has to mean something, but as I have said before the great thing about FCS football is the poll doesn't matter.

Big Al
September 26th, 2009, 11:18 PM

Agreed. I was only able to listen to the first half and I thought MSU's defense showed some fight and potential. Their offense is another story -- do their receivers have stone hands or can't the QB place the ball where it is catchable?

Good luck to the Bears, I don't think there was any shame in today's game!

JayJ79
September 26th, 2009, 11:58 PM
If you look at UNI's one loss it was the closest game Iowa has had all year. Including the Penn State game they just won. That has to mean something, but as I have said before the great thing about FCS football is the poll doesn't matter.

It's pretty tough to get a closer game than UNI/Iowa.

JayJ79
September 27th, 2009, 12:01 AM

Personally, I rather doubt we'll see any team be a unanimous #1 this season.

Big Al
September 27th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Personally, I rather doubt we'll see any team be a unanimous #1 this season.

No, just like I don't know how anyone in their right mind can somehow agree that Florida and Texas belong at 1 & 2 in BCS polls.

The reality is polls are presented as being somehow definitive when, in reality, they're highly Heisenbergian. UR may be first in the the polls, but I think the reality is they're really "firstish" followed by a few teams whose status is more rightly described as "close to firstish".

For that matter, even games aren't necessarily the best method for choosing the better team. UNI has proven that several times over the last few years.

I know my statements will probably rub some people the wrong way but it isn't intended to be any sort of disrespect to any of the teams out there. Rather, I just watched a video on ten-dimensional space so my thinking is highly influenced by string theory right now.

MSUfan2010
September 27th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Ouch.

That is all.

Blue42
September 27th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I don't have any problem with TA trying to score at the end of the game.

He's trying to scratch out some small positive from a tough game.

And it's much better for UNI's 2nd team D to get some reps against MSU's full offense versus running the dive up the middle to run the clock out. Those were some quality reps for our young guys. And that 7 points won't have any downside for the Panthers.

CDT_Wilson
September 27th, 2009, 09:08 AM
No, just like I don't know how anyone in their right mind can somehow agree that Florida and Texas belong at 1 & 2 in BCS polls.

Amen brother. I think Florida should be ranked a little lower just because we don't know enough about them. If you want to be the best you have to play the best. Instead of two cupcakes and two bottom feeding conference teams ( can't do much about that, look at Miami in the Big East several years ago). If they are going to schedule FCS teams schedule top tier teams like App state (well not this year) or some CAA team. I mean look at USC at least after San Jose they went and played at Ohio State before going into conference play. FBS is very frustrating.

Big Al
September 27th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Agreed, when you're down and especially when you're down big like MSU was yesterday, there is no shame in trying to score at any point in the game. Otherwise, they're just a rollover patsy who doesn't deserve any respect. TA did the right thing.

I don't have any problem with TA trying to score at the end of the game.

He's trying to scratch out some small positive from a tough game.

And it's much better for UNI's 2nd team D to get some reps against MSU's full offense versus running the dive up the middle to run the clock out. Those were some quality reps for our young guys. And that 7 points won't have any downside for the Panthers.

newsbreaker
September 27th, 2009, 12:54 PM
It's simple. You have a choice...be classy or not. Not much else to it...

Smack away. It can be fun...

Just because it doesn't make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside doesn't mean it's displaying a "lack of class."

clenz
September 27th, 2009, 01:00 PM
MSU fans remind me a lot of Iowa fans.

Can't take a joke/smack at all. Get all defensive and start calling names right away. Dear God, get a dang sense of humor. UNI has one after all the freaking turds we've laid since 1985